Fan Zone (Outside)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Flixtonclaret1
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Fan Zone (Outside)

Post by Flixtonclaret1 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:55 pm

Just a shout out to the man with two young boys - one had fallen and made a right mess of his knee. The steward was trying to get first responders over but it took so long. I’d say at least 15 mins from the accident happening. The little fella was distraught really felt for him and his dad. Carted off to get treatment inside the ground in the end eventually - I’d have asked for Manuel Benson to come over as the little lad had his name on his shirt. Hope the lad was ok in the end - I bet that’s sore today.
Not a great advert for the first responders - thankfully it was not a more serious situation.

Bop
Been Liked: 244 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Re: Fan Zone (Outside)

Post by Bop » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:59 pm

Nice post pal. Seeing as nobody else has commented. Hope you’re well.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1051 times
Has Liked: 554 times

Post by Fretters » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:05 pm

Poor lad, hope he was OK. I've spent the day out with my two young kids and it's mega stressful when one hurts themselves, trying to help them whilst keeping an eye on the other one. Must be even worse when there's hundreds of people milling about.

ebby
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 259 times

Post by ebby » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:28 pm

I remember being a first responder in the late sixties inside the ground when I was a St Johns Ambulance Cadet. My main memory was being told to put a pair of my mums tights in my beret. That was to protect us because of the pennies that were being thrown. We used to collect heaps behind the goals that had been thrown at the keepers.