Ian Maatsen

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Re: Ian Maatsen

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:32 pm
Do you think we've looked better at left back since Taylor came back?

I feel the only people who can't see that are the ones who said he didn't fit Kompany’s system and Kompany wouldn't select him at left back.
Definitely looked better. He's the only left back we have and I think it was incredibly naive of Kompany to think we could play without one.

But we are also a side that hasn't kept a clean sheet and conceded twice a game while he's been playing. Doesn't feel like the time to run victory laps about not signing last season's left back who is now being linked to Barcelona.
This user liked this post: thehistorylecturer.

thehistorylecturer.
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:50 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:42 am
I think that if Ekdal and Beyer were fit, Delcroix would be playing left back ahead of Taylor.

I maintain he doesn’t fit the VK system and he’s only playing because he’s the only option available at the moment.
That might well be true but for me it remains completely inexplicable .. the lad from Belgium doesn't look remotely comfortable or confident .. he even looked unsteady at Salford the other week .

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:51 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm
Definitely looked better. He's the only left back we have and I think it was incredibly naive of Kompany to think we could play without one.

But we are also a side that hasn't kept a clean sheet and conceded twice a game while he's been playing. Doesn't feel like the time to run victory laps about not signing last season's left back who is now being linked to Barcelona.
I don't understand the point about running victory laps over not signing a left back. I think most people wanted one in the summer - it was and still is repeated by many on here. That didn't happen and Kompany was right to bring Taylor back in and we've looked better in that position for it since.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:53 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:51 pm
I don't understand the point about running victory laps over not signing a left back. I think most people wanted one in the summer - it was and still is repeated by many on here. That didn't happen and Kompany was right to bring Taylor back in and we've looked better in that position for it since.
Can only conclude if you don't understand that point that you haven't read the thread (which is titled Ian Maatsen)

thehistorylecturer.

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:53 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:25 am
One of the top performers? I’d say he’s one of our biggest problems.
A bigger problem than the inexperienced centre backs or the central midfield players who look completely out of their depth ? I think Taylor is a decent experienced Premier League left back .. unlike our much vaunted borrowed left back of last season whose club don't rate him highly enough to risk playing him there ?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:00 pm

His agent has done him proud.
But would he have been worth £20million to us (not even considering the reported £30m+)?

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:00 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:53 pm
Can only conclude if you don't understand that point that you haven't read the thread (which is titled Ian Maatsen)
I'd have welcomed the signing of Maatsen but I can understand why some supporters were concerned about the financial implications.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:04 pm

thehistorylecturer. wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:53 pm
A bigger problem than the inexperienced centre backs or the central midfield players who look completely out of their depth ? I think Taylor is a decent experienced Premier League left back .. unlike our much vaunted borrowed left back of last season whose club don't rate him highly enough to risk playing him there ?
Taylor is also a reason the defence doesn’t work. We can’t play how we want because he struggles on the ball.

The whole defensive system is a mess due to our recruitment.

Lb that doesn’t suit the system, inexperienced CBs and a poor midfield

thehistorylecturer.

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:09 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:04 pm
Taylor is also a reason the defence doesn’t work. We can’t play how we want because he struggles on the ball.

Agreed to an extent - he does struggle with the ball in this system. But the problem for me is in fact further up the pitch where the midfield is simply nowhere near strong enough to cope at this level . It doesn't matter which one of our inexperienced defenders has the ball at their feet - none of the current midfield line up is quick enough or physically strong enough to do what they did last season at this level . Cullen is a big worry - so central to what we did last season and he is really really struggling

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:09 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:00 pm
His agent has done him proud.
But would he have been worth £20million to us (not even considering the reported £30m+)?
I’d much rather we’d have spent £20million on him than the £19million we spent on Trafford.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2569 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

None of our players are good enough to play how we “want” to play at this level. That’s why they’re our players in the first place.

Trying to out football Villa, Spurs, Chelsea etc is the problem, not one or two individual players.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:18 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:09 pm
I’d much rather we’d have spent £20million on him than the £19million we spent on Trafford.
Comparing apples with oranges using those figures

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1412 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:30 pm

jsclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:10 am
...I also don't think anyone is saying Charlie Taylor is a better player than Maatsen though
Some of us are and indeed always were. I could see (and accepted) our playing IM in a team that was running away with the Championship, but once we got back into the EPL where we were going to have to defend far more, then Charlie Taylor was going to be our best option. My biggest surprise with our season thus far, was in how long it took before we began playing CT at left back; I can only presume that the management team wanted to try out other options - as we seem to have done in several positions - during those initial 'likely to lose whatever' games that our season's started with?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:47 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

He hasn't struggled with the ball anymore than the rest of the defenders (and goalkeeper) has.

Good distribution both games against Forest and against United

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:49 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:08 am
The worry is that we offered so much for him in the first place.
We didn’t. Don’t believe the figures. The agreed fee with Chelsea was way, way, way below the quoted figures.

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 771 times
Has Liked: 10094 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:57 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:46 am
Anybody that thinks Charlie Taylor is a better player than Ian Maatsen is best ignored.

Having Charlie Taylor at left back is a major issue for us as a unit.
I think some are suggesting that Charlie Taylor is a better defender than Ian Maatsen, which he is.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:09 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:35 am
Have I missed something
Has Maatsen started a Premier League game for Chelsea
Some journal decides to put out a story that Barcelona are moving heaven and earth to sign him next summer
More likely his agent is starting to spread rumours to get him an improved offer anywhere next summer
As for Charlie Taylor,
He is all we have got (thanks to recruitment) and actually, I don't think he is doing a bad job
Given our current start to the season I think Maatsen would have made our defense even weaker
Chelsea don't think he's a defender either.... Yet some would have you believe he's the best left back ever

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 509 times
Has Liked: 886 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:25 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:18 am
He’s similar to Brownhill, in hes played a lot of games at premier league level. But I think there’s an argument to suggest if it wasn’t for Burnley they wouldn’t have played any games at this level.
They'd have both played for Leeds at this level. They are obviously both premier league level, albeit near the bottom, which is where we are. Nothing wrong with seeking better at both positions.

They're both good enough to be in the squads of those around us fighting for survival.

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 4midable » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:30 pm

Agreed to an extent - he does struggle with the ball in this system. But the problem for me is in fact further up the pitch where the midfield is simply nowhere near strong enough to cope at this level . It doesn't matter which one of our inexperienced defenders has the ball at their feet - none of the current midfield line up is quick enough or physically strong enough to do what they did last season at this level . Cullen is a big worry - so central to what we did last season and he is really really struggling
He ***** about with the ball, taking until the very last second to release it and doesnt get forward enough (turns back). For me hes not good enough for the prem. We need a powerful forward thinking left back that does the defensive side too. Maatsen is the type of player that fits that build to help retain a premier league status for next season

thehistorylecturer.

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:42 pm

4midable wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:30 pm
He ***** about with the ball, taking until the very last second to release it and doesnt get forward enough (turns back). For me hes not good enough for the prem. We need a powerful forward thinking left back that does the defensive side too. Maatsen is the type of player that fits that build to help retain a premier league status for next season
Because he doesn't trust what's in front of him and neither do the rest of the back four ..

Maatsen spent most of last season out of position he wouldn't get away with it this season .. the opposition is entirely different to the level we faced last year

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:25 am
It’s all subjective of course. Taylor is a traditional type of defender, better at defending than Maatsen but not as effective further up the pitch.
We got away with not defending very well last year with Maatsen and co in the team, because we were so dominant in the middle of the park and banging goals in for fun.
This year because we are short of defenders who can actually defend and a fairly weak midfield in front of them we are getting torn apart with regularity. I’m just waiting patiently for Ekdal and Beyer to be fit and paired together. Charlie Taylor will be fine playing in defence with these two.
Good luck to Maatsen, he isn’t the finished article yet, but will be when he can defend properly.
I’m not sure what the subjective part is, I think it’s pretty clear that without a left back like Maatsen, the whole team identity has had to change (for the worst), Ian’s role was enormous in how the team played.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:52 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:46 am
Anybody that thinks Charlie Taylor is a better player than Ian Maatsen is best ignored.

Having Charlie Taylor at left back is a major issue for us as a unit.
He’s not a better player, but he’s a better defender. Always has been and always will be.

Maatsen is a class player, though.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:58 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:49 pm
I’m not sure what the subjective part is, I think it’s pretty clear that without a left back like Maatsen, the whole team identity has had to change (for the worst), Ian’s role was enormous in how the team played.
Subjective elements, for example, are opinions about the extent to which Maatsen would be able replicate his excellent form from last season in the Championship, compared to the significant step up to the Premier, and similarly whether we as a team we'd be able to adopt such an attacking system, again, in a league that is much more difficult.

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 289 times
Has Liked: 312 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:59 pm

Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:42 pm
Because he doesn't trust what's in front of him and neither do the rest of the back four ..

Maatsen spent most of last season out of position he wouldn't get away with it this season .. the opposition is entirely different to the level we faced last year
If Maatsen had spent most of last season playing ‘out of position’ he would have been dropped. More likely, such was our dominance, he was able to play a much more progressive role than a traditional left back. One that season we don’t have the luxury of incorporating into our game.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:28 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:58 pm
Subjective elements, for example, are opinions about the extent to which Maatsen would be able replicate his excellent form from last season in the Championship, compared to the significant step up to the Premier, and similarly whether we as a team we'd be able to adopt such an attacking system, again, in a league that is much more difficult.
But he never said any of that

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:30 pm

Taylor’s lack of ability with the ball is a major issue and means we have to defend more as a result.

It’s nothing to do with not trusting what’s in front of him, it’s simply that he’s limited with the ball at his feet.

He may be better defensively than Maatsen but we’d be a better side now with Maatsen in, a bit like I think we’d be better with Muric in even though I personally don’t think Trafford has done much wrong as a keeper, but his use of the ball is much poorer than Muric’s.

This all means that the likes of Cullen don’t get the ball when they should. The keeper and full backs are taking too long to move it.

I think the opposition have worked out that Trafford can’t ping the ball, play the pass into the middle or get it out to full backs quick enough and that left back in particular we simply don’t move the ball quick enough and end up going backwards.

Also, just because he’s playing doesn’t mean he first VK’s system, he doesn’t and I think he will be left out at the first opportunity.

To add, when discussing Taylor early season I said we’d sign a left back I’d be amazed if we didn’t. I remain amazed that we didn’t sign a left back.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:50 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:28 pm
But he never said any of that
He said Taylor is better at defending and Maatsen is better at attacking. He also alluded to it being easier last season because we were in the Championship. The extent to which those to things apply is subjective.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:55 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:30 pm
Taylor’s lack of ability with the ball is a major issue and means we have to defend more as a result.

It’s nothing to do with not trusting what’s in front of him, it’s simply that he’s limited with the ball at his feet.

He may be better defensively than Maatsen but we’d be a better side now with Maatsen in, a bit like I think we’d be better with Muric in even though I personally don’t think Trafford has done much wrong as a keeper, but his use of the ball is much poorer than Muric’s.

This all means that the likes of Cullen don’t get the ball when they should. The keeper and full backs are taking too long to move it.

I think the opposition have worked out that Trafford can’t ping the ball, play the pass into the middle or get it out to full backs quick enough and that left back in particular we simply don’t move the ball quick enough and end up going backwards.

Also, just because he’s playing doesn’t mean he first VK’s system, he doesn’t and I think he will be left out at the first opportunity.

To add, when discussing Taylor early season I said we’d sign a left back I’d be amazed if we didn’t. I remain amazed that we didn’t sign a left back.
Most of this including your point about Cullen is due to the significant step up in standards of the PL and the opposition. Taylor does have some limitations, as do all our players at this level, but he's the best left back we have right now and, of course, Maatsen didn't want to rejoin us so it's a bit of a moot point. But, yes, we should've signed a left back, which I think the vast majority agree with.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:11 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:55 pm
Most of this including your point about Cullen is due to the significant step up in standards of the PL and the opposition. Taylor does have some limitations, as do all our players at this level, but he's the best left back we have right now and, of course, Maatsen didn't want to rejoin us so it's a bit of a moot point. But, yes, we should've signed a left back, which I think the vast majority agree with.
Step up in standard is obvious, my point is though that we’d be better with Muric and a more suitable left back that fits our preferred system.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:16 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:11 pm
Step up in standard is obvious, my point is though that we’d be better with Muric and a more suitable left back that fits our preferred system.
I can appreciate the case for Muric, but who would you want to play left back instead of Taylor from our current squad, bearing in mind the performances in that position so far this season and that you see Taylor as one of our biggest problems?

thehistorylecturer.

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:17 pm

RicardoMontalban wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:59 pm
If Maatsen had spent most of last season playing ‘out of position’ he would have been dropped. More likely, such was our dominance, he was able to play a much more progressive role than a traditional left back. One that season we don’t have the luxury of incorporating into our game.
Watch back how often we conceded down his wing .. he has no idea how to defend which is why Chelsea deploy him elsewhere ?!

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:20 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:

I totally agree, Trafford is a lousy option at left wing-back :D

But seriously, we couldn't buy Maatsen for £20m when we tried to. He held all the cards and it looks like he's making the most of the situation at Chelsea by running his contract down.
Like I said, good work by his agent if he ends up at Barcelona.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:24 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:16 pm
I can appreciate the case for Muric, but who would you want to play left back instead of Taylor from our current squad, bearing in mind the performances in that position so far this season and that you see Taylor as one of our biggest problems?
I think VK will move to Delcoix once he has more options at centre half. It’s still not ideal though.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:24 pm

Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:17 pm
Watch back how often we conceded down his wing .. he has no idea how to defend which is why Chelsea deploy him elsewhere ?!
The left backs ahead of him at Chelsea both cost about 50 million quid. It's crazy to say him not getting into the Chelsea team is any reflection on whether he's good enough for Burnley.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill boatshed bill

taio

Post by taio » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:33 pm

I think one thing that's almost certain is that Maatsen would have started if we'd have signed him, but unfortunately he didn't want to come here.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:36 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:33 pm
I think one thing that's almost certain is that Maatsen would have started if we'd have signed him, but unfortunately he didn't want to come here.
Exactly.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:41 pm

Some interesting points but we have an example. Roberts was able to move around pretty freely, like Maatsen, last season, but he can't fully do it this year. Obviously he's not good enough to do it at this level and his defensive frailties are being shown up too as we probably knew from the relegation season. Whilst Maatsen is younger there is no evidence that he would cope any better then Roberts this season. All there is is the possibility he could.

To pay £30+ million for a player who might work out is ridiculous for our club and I'm glad that never happened. I would have like to see him on loan this season to see if he could improve but no more commitment.
This user liked this post: thehistorylecturer.

thehistorylecturer.

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:44 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:24 pm
The left backs ahead of him at Chelsea both cost about 50 million quid. It's crazy to say him not getting into the Chelsea team is any reflection on whether he's good enough for Burnley.
The point being they see him in a different role altogether... if they thought he was a good enough left back they would play him there.

thehistorylecturer.

Post by thehistorylecturer. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:44 pm

Hipper wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:41 pm
Some interesting points but we have an example. Roberts was able to move around pretty freely, like Maatsen, last season, but he can't fully do it this year. Obviously he's not good enough to do it at this level and his defensive frailties are being shown up too as we probably knew from the relegation season. Whilst Maatsen is younger there is no evidence that he would cope any better then Roberts this season. All there is is the possibility he could.

To pay £30+ million for a player who might work out is ridiculous for our club and I'm glad that never happened. I would have like to see him on loan this season to see if he could improve but no more commitment.
This

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:49 pm

As has been said several times we were not paying anything close to £30m for him. Football transfers just won’t sink in for some will they.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:11 pm

Maatsen has an ability to follow the ball due to his reading of the game and his stamina a nd makes an extra man wherever he happens to be on the pitch. He is an attacking player rather than a left back. When he played, we played without a left back,with Maatsen the player to fill that role when we had to defend. Until we play our system better we will get caught out by in-form wide men such as Sterling as we gave him too much time and space. Our biggest problem at the moment is getting the balance right between our system and being tight when out of possession.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:06 pm

Charlie Taylor is a professional with 300 games under his belt - the majority of which have been in the Premier League.

Maatsen is just at the start of his career and has absolute bags of potential but is still very young. A more exciting, attacking player.

We’re trying to compare two very different players.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:51 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
We haven't spent 19m on Trafford..... How many times do people need telling!!!!

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:33 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:51 pm
We haven't spent 19m on Trafford..... How many times do people need telling!!!!
And he's definitely not a left back :D

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:14 pm

Jesus wept, I can see its the international week.

Taylor, we are lucky still to have him, the Chelsea result wasn't on him and we have seen how bad we are without him.

If you are to blame anyone then it's the recruitment which has left us with babies in this league and short in a few positions

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:49 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:14 pm
Jesus wept, I can see its the international week.

Taylor, we are lucky still to have him, the Chelsea result wasn't on him and we have seen how bad we are without him.

If you are to blame anyone then it's the recruitment which has left us with babies in this league and short in a few positions
I think the babies will grow into the job.
We have had a particularly tough start, and have been clearly better than the two lower rated teams we've played.
People need to cut down on the over-reaction and start to look forward to the rest of the season.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:27 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm

Four of the eight goals were against Chelsea, and it's hard to imagine how any left back could have made a difference with Sterling on the opposite side.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:00 am

I think it says it all about Maatsen that the more experienced manager refuses to play him at left back.....

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 289 times
Has Liked: 312 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:57 am

Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:17 pm
Given how last season we conceded the fewest and scored the most in our division, it’s not unreasonable to suggest that in how the manager wished him to play defending wasn’t his sole, (or even primary?) purpose. This season that’s probably going to be different.

Not saying Maatsen would be the answer to our prayers, just last season was something of an anomaly.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:27 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:33 pm
And he's definitely not a left back :D
I know... But he replaced the kiddies favourite player, and they Carnt let go

I hope we end up paying 19m for him..... Because we'll have had several unspoilt years in the Premier league, a few top ten finishes and Trafford will have played for England at least 10 times

Anything else and we paid less than 7m for England's under 21 goalkeeper, judged by many as a top prospect

Now... As for a left back... Not Trafford and not Maatsen