Brentford info

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Brentford info

Post by Leisure » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:47 pm

CAR PARKING
There are no dedicated car parks at the Brentford Community Stadium, nor are there particularly any street parking options. The best options are car parks in the surrounding area that belong to businesses, some of whom allow non-customers to park there for a small fee.

We’ve compiled a list of car parks, below, near to the Brentford Community Stadium for hassle free parking while you’re at the match.

Car Park Sat Nav Cost Distance to Ground Description
Chiswick Park W4 5YA £12.50 1.2km Just a 12 minute walk from the stadium, this is an official car park run in partnership with Brentford FC.
Guarantee your space by booking at www.brentfordfcparking.co.uk

Fountain Leisure Centre TW8 0HJ £3 0.3km This is a relatively small car park which is only a 5 minute walk to Brentford Community Stadium. However, it won’t accommodate a huge number of cars so arrive early to avoid disappointment.

AWAY PUBS
There are a number of away friendly pubs near the Brentford Community Stadium, including a pub on each corner of the old stadium, Griffin Park. Please note, however, that some bars require club colours to be covered and some do not allow children.

ONE OVER THE AIT' - 8 Kew Bridge Road

EXPRESS TAVERN - 56 Kew Bridge Road.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Re: Brentford info

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:51 pm

Train to KewBridge 5 mins to ground

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:19 pm

Away Pubs

Pubs around Gtech Community Stadium generally welcome both home and away fans. You will be notified of any potential changes well in advance.

Below are some well-known pubs for Away Fans:

The Pilot
The Gunnersbury
The Express Tavern
One Over the Ait
The Bell & Crown
The Steam Packet
City Barge
The Cricketers
The Greyhound
The Coach & Horses
The Botanist
Food & Drinks

Away supporters have access to food and drink kiosks around the stadium, with a wide range of options on offer (including vegetarian and vegan options) as well as both alcoholic and soft drinks. All food counters were designed at a height to fans in wheelchairs.

You can take food and drinks back to your seats, but no alcohol is allowed in the seating area.

Please note that alcohol is typically served in away areas but if the club receive guidance that a fixture is high risk, they reserve the right not to serve alcohol for visiting supporters.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Information for travelling supporters visiting the Gtech Community Stadium

TICKET INFORMATION

Away allocation

Away supporters will be in the East Stand (blocks N120, E117, E116, E115, E218, E217, E216, E215). Turnstiles will open 90 minutes prior to kick-off. Fans are advised to take their seats in plenty of time to ensure they do not miss any of the match. Turnstile entrances for away supporters are H, G and F. For any accessibility queries, including more information on ambulant seating, please contact accessibility@brentfordfc.com.

Away Coaches

Official away coaches need to park on Capital Interchange Way, TW8 0EX which sits adjacent to the away end turnstiles. If you need an accessible coach travelling or require any additional information, all contact should be directed to the Supporter Liaison Officer at supporterservices@brentfordfc.com.

TRAVEL INFORMATION
Address: Gtech Community Stadium, Lionel Road South, Brentford, TW8 0RU

By Train

The nearest station, Kew Bridge, has one South Western Railway train every 15 minutes on matchday Saturdays (and up to four trains per hour on Sundays), with trains every 15 minutes on weekdays (up to 10pm, then every 30 minutes until the last train). Trains to the stadium from central London are from Waterloo Station. Take into consideration that Kew Bridge is not step-free.

Brentford station is the nearest step-free station. Cheswick station is also less than 30 minutes’ walk from the stadium on the same line.

Gunnersbury station is the closest station that offers both the District line Underground and London Overground connections, however the station is not currently opening until one hour after the final whistle. Gunnersbury station has a small platform which could result in longer wait times during pre-match and post-match periods and will need to be restricted when there isn’t space to join the platform safely.

Additional stations for fans to consider include:

Kew Gardens- District line and London Overground

Chiswick Park- District line

South Acton- London Overground

Acton Town- District and Piccadilly lines

South Ealing- Piccadilly line

By Car

The quickest route to Gtech Community Stadium is via M6 and M40 and takes around 4 hours and 13 minutes.

Parking

If you choose to travel by car instead of public transport, fans can utilise matchday car parking.

Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) expanded across all London boroughs on 29 August 2023. You can view the roads inside the ULEZ zone and whether your vehicle meets the emission standards here. Vehicles that don’t meet emission standards will be charged £12.50 per day to drive inside the expanded ULEZ area and fines are charged for those that do not pay this tariff.

There will be Controlled Parking Zones in operation throughout residential streets near the stadium which means you should plan to park on nearby streets. Take the local neighbourhoods into consideration and avoid parking in residential streets.

Brentford’s car parking partner Event Support Team (EST) is operating several matchday car parks on their behalf. These must be pre-booked and are available to book on the website below.

Book your parking online

Blue Badge

Brentford has an allocation of clue badge parking spaces available to away supporters which can are located near the away entrance on Capital Interchange Way. The blue badge parking spaces are sold on a first come first serve basis.

You can book a blue parking space dependent on availability by contacting accessibility@brentfordfc.com.

Blue badge parking spaces are also available at Our Lady & St John’s RC Primary School where the Club holds a minibus shuttle for those that need it. Event Support Team (EST) operates this car park on behalf of Brentford FC. The spaces need to be pre-booked and are available to book via the website below.

The shuttle will run every 30 minutes up until kick-off. If you require a shuttle timetable or more information, please contact accessibility@brentfordfc.com.

The minibus shuttle will drop blue badge holders from Our Lady & St John’s RC Primary School to the Bees Superstore.

If you require a wheelchair pick up when departing from the shuttle bus at the Bees Superstore, please email acccessibility@brentfordfc.com.

Take into consideration that the minibus can only transport foldable wheelchairs and there are a few steps to negotiate to access the shuttle bus.

By Bus

There are several bus routes that service the stadium including the 237, 267, 65, H91 and the 391 bus routes: Fans are recommended to check for the latest information about bus routes at TFL.

Further Travel Information

The best way to travel to the stadium is by using what3words, a precise location tool that provides a separate three-word location to every three-square metres on the planet!

Click on the link to be taken to the what3words location map or input these 3 words into the free what3words app to navigate directly to your destination. What3words links with popular travel apps like Citymapper, Google Maps, Bing Maps to take you directly to the three-metre square location.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:37 pm

I am aiming for the 237, 267 bus if I can find a free parking space en route!

thelifeofbrian
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by thelifeofbrian » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:37 pm

anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day? i live west london so would like to attend with my son!!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:43 pm

thelifeofbrian wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:37 pm
anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day? i live west london so would like to attend with my son!!
It's a sell out so, no, you won't be able to purchase tickets from Brentford on the day However, I'm sure that people will be travelling down with spare tickets (In fact I'll possibly have 2 but won't know until Saturday morning), so suggest that you keep an eye on the board on Saturday morning.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:52 pm

I'd avoid The Coach & Horses unless you have money to burn.

Went in after the game last year, nice enough pub but cost us £35 for 2 pints and 2 large wines 😳

thelifeofbrian
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by thelifeofbrian » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:43 pm
It's a sell out so, no, you won't be able to purchase tickets from Brentford on the day However, I'm sure that people will be travelling down with spare tickets (In fact I'll possibly have 2 but won't know until Saturday morning), so suggest that you keep an eye on the board on Saturday morning.

Awesome, thanks for the message- will check in tomorrow to see if there's spare tickets...........

Jackworth
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Jackworth » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:33 pm

I'm currently living and working in Reading and would dearly love 2 tickets if anyone has them
Brentford is very easy for me to get to and I have a rare day off! Will keep checking. TIA

1989_claret
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by 1989_claret » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:40 am

Fingers crossed this storm doesn’t scupper people’s plans for tomorrow. We’re on the train at 9:15am so hoping they run ok.

sykeclaret
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by sykeclaret » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:04 am

1989_claret wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:40 am
Fingers crossed this storm doesn’t scupper people’s plans for tomorrow. We’re on the train at 9:15am so hoping they run ok.
yeah same here, 7.39am from Burnley via Manchester, then 9.15am from Piccadilly, fingers crossed

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:07 am

I'm supposed to be getting the train down today and staying at my sister's, starting to worry a bit. Our trains aren't exactly reliable at the best of times.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:45 pm

I've been informed that some trains have now been cancelled for tomorrow. If anyone now needs transport Accy Clarets have a few seats available and these can be booked here - http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=71905

1989_claret
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by 1989_claret » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:00 pm

The 35 minutes past the hour trains tomorrow were all canceled earlier this week from Manchester to London. Doesn’t seem like any additional trains have been canceled yet.

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 319 times

Post by durhamclaret » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Well done Leisure, I hope people appreciate all the info that you kindly provide for our fans.
P.S.
I won’t be asking for your help re Arsenal tickets this time as I’ve managed to purchase a couple.
This user liked this post: Leisure