Drummers required...DRUMMERS

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Re: Drummers required...DRUMMERS

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:45 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:40 am
It wasn't a 'common view' at all, that just patently isn't true. Tbh, I was implying yourself in my post, so it's good to see you are indeed the first responder. I get the impression you see what you want to see on social media platforms. Most people have a semblance of nuance when it comes to the team.
Most people have a semblance of nuance when it comes to the team. Can you tell me how many points you expected after this run of games. I thought 4. We have achieved exactly in line with my expectations. I cant say we have started poorly. We have started as expected.

Conroy92

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:48 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:41 am
Do you believe we've been good at home so far? Do you think we've given much to get the fans going?

And where do you mean, everywhere? You're telling me if you did a straw poll of Burnley fans walking on to the Turf at the start of the season, 'pretty much all' would've said top half finish? Come on now.
I think we have performed exactly as expected so far. Its only the fans that thought we'd playing this lovely brand of football and getting results week in and out that dont.

When I say, everywhere, I mean, social media, word of mouth, everywhere. And I think if that Poll had been taken at the start of the season it would be a hell of a lot closer than you think. Bump the start of season thread and have a look on there and tell me its just a few vocal supporters!

Where did you expect us to be? How many points did you think we would have?

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:49 am

Conroy92 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:45 am
Most people have a semblance of nuance when it comes to the team. Can you tell me how many points you expected after this run of games. I thought 4. We have achieved exactly in line with my expectations. I cant say we have started poorly. We have started as expected.
It's not only about points, it's about performances. Are we giving teams a sufficiently competitive game? When we collapsed like a house of cards against Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, and the second halves were tantamount to training games, is that conducive to a good atmosphere?

I see you've re-iterated the points comment, for some reason. I would imagine most wouldn't have expected many points, but I think the vast majority would have expected more in terms of competitive performance.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:58 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:49 am
It's not only about points, it's about performances. Are we giving teams a sufficiently competitive game? When we collapsed like a house of cards against Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, and the second halves were tantamount to training games, is that conducive to a good atmosphere?

I see you've re-iterated the points comment, for some reason. I would imagine most wouldn't have expected many points, but I think the vast majority would have expected more in terms of competitive performance.
To be fair the poster your responding too is bang on the money here. Just look at the threads at the begining of the season, it was embarrassing how many on here thought we'd p**s it.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:59 am

What threads? I mean, there must be loads of them to link to if this was the prevailing view.

EDIT - here's one https://uptheclarets.com/messageboard/v ... h#p2148832

OP mentions top half then there's some reasonable discussion about consolidating etc.

Conroy92

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 am

Honestly- just read what you've written. It is only about points I'm afraid. At the end of the season if you've got 20-30 points, but you've played well you don't survive you know. Lowest points go down. You then state performances against Chelsea, spurs and Villa!! We performed exactly how I thought we would against these sides. Did you think we would outfootball any of these sides?? Did you think this side, that only knows how to play football, lacking experience and age is the sort of side that can grind a result out. It isnt. Its the side that gets caught out very easily due to the style we employ.
Its reality.
Anyone suggesting we have been poor at home to these three sides needs to give there heads a wobble. We have been found out exactly where realistically we would. Were a gung ho team that's wide open at the back.
Im not here doom and glooming. Our run of games is still to come.

But anyone with expectations of out footballing any of these sides is deluded, as is anyone that thinks this is a side that is capable of shutting up shop. It isnt. We are going to get pumped against some teams in this league. That is a fact. Mainly the top 8. Of which all these were last season.

ijkay
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by ijkay » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 am

how many away grounds where there is a drum and we have chanted
we dont need a drum
we dont need a drum
were Burnley FC
we dont need a drum

if this goes ahead away supporters will be doing the same on the Turf

bad idea
Last edited by ijkay on Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 am

In fact, a number of posters are saying OP is being naive etc. This was my point - OP starts a thread and that's taken as the prevailing view. Most are realistic.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:06 am

Conroy92 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:03 am
Honestly- just read what you've written. It is only about points I'm afraid. At the end of the season if you've got 20-30 points, but you've played well you don't survive you know. Lowest points go down. You then state performances against Chelsea, spurs and Villa!! We performed exactly how I thought we would against these sides. Did you think we would outfootball any of these sides?? Did you think this side, that only knows how to play football, lacking experience and age is the sort of side that can grind a result out. It isnt. Its the side that gets caught out very easily due to the style we employ.
Its reality.
Anyone suggesting we have been poor at home to these three sides needs to give there heads a wobble. We have been found out exactly where realistically we would. Were a gung ho team that's wide open at the back.
Im not here doom and glooming. Our run of games is still to come.

But anyone with expectations of out footballing any of these sides is deluded, as is anyone that thinks this is a side that is capable of shutting up shop. It isnt. We are going to get pumped against some teams in this league. That is a fact. Mainly the top 8. Of which all these were last season.
Don't know why you're getting worked up, I'm saying nothing controversial. We've had tough games, but have we performed to the best of our ability in your view? Nobody is expecting us to out football these sides! Anyway, I'll leave it there, I've made my point - thread above shows the spread of opinion.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3807 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:07 am

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:20 pm
What is the latest with the fan advisory board? I contacted a couple of them a year or so when it first started with an issue I had and was promised they’d raise it but never heard back (despite chasing).

Are all the members younger people? The two I contacted were both under 30 and I see them on Twitter a lot and believe they do podcasts and I seem to see their pictures at various club related activity.
Just nonsense wannabe famous stuff, trying to be like AFTV and those other football fan YouTube channels. They don’t represent real fans imo

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:08 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
In fact, a number of posters are saying OP is being naive etc. This was my point - OP starts a thread and that's taken as the prevailing view. Most are realistic.
If the opening 5 home games had been spread throughout the season and we had the same results, nobody would bat an eyelid.

It’s because they’ve all been together, that everyone is having a meltdown
This user liked this post: Conroy92

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3807 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:10 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:49 am

We were 1-0 up against Chelsea for the majority of the first half and the atmosphere was dreadful, completely silent. That’s the problem with gaining promotion, tourist fans.

Conroy92

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:10 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Amazing on the thread you've posted how many comments from posters about unrealistic expectations. Did you read the full thing or just the top two comments on it. Your right it does show a fairly balanced view. The balance is that around half thought we would be mid table and above. and half mid table and below.

I think its the first time in my life as a burnley fan I havnt seen anyone predict relegation!!

Conroy92

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:11 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:10 am
We were 1-0 up against Chelsea for the majority of the first half and the atmosphere was dreadful, completely silent. That’s the problem with gaining promotion, tourist fans.
Bang on!

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:11 am

Would you write and advertise a job opportunity to gauge opinion?!?

Also, the majority expected a top 10 finish 🫨🙃

Conroy92

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:11 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:08 am
If the opening 5 home games had been spread throughout the season and we had the same results, nobody would bat an eyelid.

It’s because they’ve all been together, that everyone is having a meltdown
Another bang on

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:16 am

Conroy92 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:10 am
Amazing on the thread you've posted how many comments from posters about unrealistic expectations. Did you read the full thing or just the top two comments on it. Your right it does show a fairly balanced view. The balance is that around half thought we would be mid table and above. and half mid table and below.

I think its the first time in my life as a burnley fan I havnt seen anyone predict relegation!!
I don't think it shows half thinking we'll finish top half at all, it shows most have a realistic view on the team, which was exactly the point in the first place. Anyway, we're going round in circles. I do think it's too easy to have a pop at the fans when the team's in a bad run though. It's a two way street, and while fans can be better, generating a good atmosphere can be difficult, particularly if you're getting tubbed - that's true of any ground regardless of oppo.

ArnoldBenson
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by ArnoldBenson » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:25 am

A simple question with no criticism aimed at fans, club, or team. Why do 1500 to 2500 fans generally create such a better atmosphere away from home than 20,000 fans at home? This seems to apply regardless of style of football, or league we are in. How do you harness the collective unity felt by our away fans when we return to The Turf?
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:27 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:16 am
I don't think it shows half thinking we'll finish top half at all, it shows most have a realistic view on the team, which was exactly the point in the first place. Anyway, we're going round in circles. I do think it's too easy to have a pop at the fans when the team's in a bad run though. It's a two way street, and while fans can be better, generating a good atmosphere can be difficult, particularly if you're getting tubbed - that's true of any ground regardless of oppo.
Are you for real?

Have you bothered to even look through that thread you've posted? It's crystal clear a large number of fans had unrealistic expectations.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:29 am

ArnoldBenson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:25 am
A simple question with no criticism aimed at fans, club, or team. Why do 1500 to 2500 fans generally create such a better atmosphere away from home than 20,000 fans at home? This seems to apply regardless of style of football, or league we are in. How do you harness the collective unity felt by our away fans when we return to The Turf?
I think the simple answer is that those 1500-2500 will all be sat in different areas of TM

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:32 am

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:27 am
Are you for real?

Have you bothered to even look through that thread you've posted? It's crystal clear a large number of fans had unrealistic expectations.
No it isn't. There's posters on the thread saying we're weaker than the previous season. There's two, maybe three mooting a top ten finish - this is apparently 'the vast majority' now. A number are saying we're in for a rude awakening.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:37 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staniola
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Staniola » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:54 am

We’ve had a tough start. We need to back the manager and the team. We don’t need fans chucking their toys out of the pram and leaving with 15 minutes to go. The very last thing we need is a drum.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:07 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:32 am
No it isn't. There's posters on the thread saying we're weaker than the previous season. There's two, maybe three mooting a top ten finish - this is apparently 'the vast majority' now. A number are saying we're in for a rude awakening.
Firstly you'll notice I refer to unrealistic expectations as opposed to "top 10", secondly if you bother to read more than the first page you'll see there are in total 4 posters who try and offer a realistic opinion and a hell of a lot more that don't. In fact if you read the first page it's 8 vs 4 so you obviously haven't bothered.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2257 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:09 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:07 am
Just nonsense wannabe famous stuff, trying to be like AFTV and those other football fan YouTube channels. They don’t represent real fans imo
For once I (partly) agree KRBFC…

I’ve got no issue with fans making content mind but there’s an odd few on X/Twitter that think have an inflated sense of self worth, that’s for sure.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:13 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:07 pm
Firstly you'll notice I refer to unrealistic expectations as opposed to "top 10", secondly if you bother to read more than the first page you'll see there are in total 4 posters who try and offer a realistic opinion and a hell of a lot more that don't. In fact if you read the first page it's 8 vs 4 so you obviously haven't bothered.
I've read the entire thread, clearly you haven't - it entirely refutes your agreement that the prevailing view was that we'd have a top ten finish. You've actually provided nothing to back up your claims. I've had to find a thread for you and now you're backtracking on what you were saying. Feel free to carry on having a pop at the fanbase if that's what floats your boat, but it has no grounding in reality.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:16 pm

Beat the Drum
Beat the Drum
Like a Heartbeat
Lonely and Strong
Beat the Drum

https://youtu.be/BwDQmot5gjI

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:16 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:13 pm
I've read the entire thread, clearly you haven't - it entirely refutes your agreement that the prevailing view was that we'd have a top ten finish. You've actually provided nothing to back up your claims. I've had to find a thread for you and now you're backtracking on what you were saying. Feel free to carry on having a pop at the fanbase if that's what floats your boat, but it has no grounding in reality.
Wow you've got a bit of egg on your face here. A different poster mentioned a "top ten finish"- I'll give you a clue, look at the username and if it's different that means it's not the same person :lol:

Please do show me where my prevailing view was that people claimed we would have a top ten finish?

I said people had unrealistic expectations and you've posted a thread that shows exactly that.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:22 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:16 pm
Wow you've got a bit of egg on your face here. A different poster mentioned a "top ten finish"- I'll give you a clue, look at the username and if it's different that means it's not the same person :lol:

Please do show me where my prevailing view was that people claimed we would have a top ten finish?

I said people had unrealistic expectations and you've posted a thread that shows exactly that.
I've no egg at all - you've jumped in two footed on something and you're backtracking on what you were saying. You said the poster was 'bang on' about it being a prevailing view - are you now saying he isn't? I've shown a thread showing it wasn't the prevailing view (just a reminder, you thought Conroy was 'bang on' about this) and that the debate was more balanced, both on here, on other social media platforms and at the Turf. Where are the reams of other evidence to show that fans had unrealistic expectations?

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:57 pm

ArnoldBenson wrote:
Because only the most passionate travel away from home.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:00 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:57 pm
You've completely changed your argument and resorted to personal insults as a result of being called out on that so I'm not going to bother any more. Claim it as a 'victory' if you wish, but now top half has moved to '14th or above' and you've completely ignored the comments from those saying we will have a tough start.
I've only said unrealistic expectations I don't understand why you can't accept that? Strange that you keep arguing about somthing I've literally never said.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:00 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:50 pm
I'm gonna be honest, I gave up when he suggested performances were poor and then cited games against Chelsea, Spurs and Villa as his barometer.
We can't just write those games off, though, and concentrate on our 'mini league' if you will - I doubt many were expecting wins, but surely a concern the way we fell apart in those games? If we want to stay up, we have to look to nick points here and there, even against the big hitters.

Conroy92

Post by Conroy92 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:13 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:00 pm
We can't just write those games off, though, and concentrate on our 'mini league' if you will - I doubt many were expecting wins, but surely a concern the way we fell apart in those games? If we want to stay up, we have to look to nick points here and there, even against the big hitters.
Your right, we cant write them off. Nor can we label a teams performances, with the youngest average age in the league, lacking experience, lacking a manager with experience, after games against top sides, as poor.
This side is going to fall apart at times. its to be expected, it is a learning curve.

If we fall apart against Everton's at home, Luton's at home etc then ill be inclined to agree its been a poor do.
Falling apart against Chelsea, spurs and villa does not mean performances have been poor.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2035 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:14 pm

I really hope with the drum improving the atmosphere we now add the next logical step of having goal music, given it's what the real fans want.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:15 pm

I'm not sure it matters what the expectations are or how you judge the performance when we get taken apart by better teams. If you expect a good atmosphere when we're getting tubbed every home game you're dreaming.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:30 pm

If a drummer turns up...make him lose his drum!
Who wants to be near a drum???

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:43 pm

ArnoldBenson wrote:
Because it's generally the diehards/most passionate fans who travel away, and will be sat together at one end. Let's face it since we've had a bit of success the Turf is half full of day trippers/casual fans who are only there because we're in the Prem.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12498 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:47 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:43 pm
Because it's generally the diehards/most passionate fans who travel away, and will be sat together at one end. Let's face it since we've had a bit of success the Turf is half full of day trippers/casual fans who are only there because we're in the Prem.
You'd need to get all the singers sat together, like they are at away games.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:22 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:30 pm
If a drummer turns up...make him lose his drum!
Who wants to be near a drum???
It'll take a brave man/woman to bang a drum on the Turf.

I assume they would create some kind of cordoned off, protected area?

The more I think about it the worse it gets.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:52 pm

There seems to be an awful lot of assumptions that this is going to be about one fan banging a big drum incessantly through the match inside the ground.
I think it's going to much more than one dimensional and look forward to seeing what the club are planning.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:31 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:40 am
It wasn't a 'common view' at all, that just patently isn't true. Tbh, I was implying yourself in my post, so it's good to see you are indeed the first responder. I get the impression you see what you want to see on social media platforms. Most people have a semblance of nuance when it comes to the team.
You must be mistaken I’ve suggested we would get top ten. I was one of the ones getting grief for saying we wouldn’t get that.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:43 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:52 pm
There seems to be an awful lot of assumptions that this is going to be about one fan banging a big drum incessantly through the match inside the ground.
That's exactly what's it's like at Selhurst Park. It's rubbish!

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:46 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:52 pm
I think it's going to much more than one dimensional and look forward to seeing what the club are planning.
Anything involving a drum will be ****.

I can't see any other outcome. I can't see the fans putting up with it.

Severe miscalculation of what Burnley is.

I'm a drummer, out of interest

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:45 pm

Sounds like club want ideas
IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg (295.64 KiB) Viewed 2599 times

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:01 pm

The sheer, (though well meaning ) almost childlike giddy naivety of the club panel who instigated this is a joy to behold . The club isn’t Tik Tok or some Insta likes jape .

For them to actually think a drum would turn the Turf into a “ fortress” :lol: ! Perhaps painting faces and rattles could be added…

Jokes aside, I get the club understands the atmosphere is p1ss poor this season and let’s face it we rarely raised the roof in 10 yrs. The main issue is the “tiny” size of the CFS and its sheer isolation . We need the whole CFS for a singing end . Though if we couid move the CFS back to the Longside it would hugely improve imo .

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:12 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:01 pm
The sheer, (though well meaning ) almost childlike giddy naivety of the club panel who instigated this is a joy to behold . The club isn’t Tik Tok or some Insta likes jape .

For them to actually think a drum would turn the Turf into a “ fortress” :lol: ! Perhaps painting faces and rattles could be added…

Jokes aside, I get the club understands the atmosphere is p1ss poor this season and let’s face it we rarely raised the roof in 10 yrs. The main issue is the “tiny” size of the CFS and its sheer isolation . We need the whole CFS for a singing end . Though if we couid move the CFS back to the Longside it would hugely improve imo .
Tbf, most other clubs have similar issues.

For example, the atmosphere at Arsenal has been poor ever since they moved to the Emirates. Even Guardiola has complained many times about the crown at the Etihad.

Probably the same at most grounds these days, and even Everton will lose their character once they move.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:43 pm

Think the club are acting a bit poorly with some of this stuff.

They keep quoting that line from Kompany and then acting like the fans haven't done their bit- currently I don't think the team has done their bit either, I don't think the club has from a fans point of view either.

I'd be willing to bet there's a positive correlation between better atmosphere and happier fans, maybe the team could start doing better, but also maybe we could get a warm pie and a cold beer on a match day too? Or how about we could have a safe standing stand? Or maybe the club shouldn't have ostracised some of those that stood and made noise around the ground.

Feel like the club is trying to kick this issue at the fans without having a look at themselves. Russel ball is asking and saying they are listening but there's been more than enough noise generated about standing, poor service in the concourse and a variety of other gripes without mentioning what's going on on the pitch.

Considering the club is keen to push this back to us let's hope they make 4 or 5 changes that have been suggested on here and they can keep the drum. Absolute jokers they are.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:24 pm

Spijed wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:12 pm
Tbf, most other clubs have similar issues.

For example, the atmosphere at Arsenal has been poor ever since they moved to the Emirates. Even Guardiola has complained many times about the crown at the Etihad.

Probably the same at most grounds these days, and even Everton will lose their character once they move.
100% agree , most grounds esp “ big clubs” atmosphere is shocking unless they’re winning 5-0.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:29 am

We've lost 5 on the spin and not really been in any of those games. You can argue we had moments against Chelsea and Man Utd but in general there's been little to get behind. Put a competitive team on the pitch and the crowd will respond.

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:13 am

To everybody whinging about the drummers, what's the solution?
I am a little sceptical around it all but as been mentioned earlier we were 1-0 up against Chelsea for most of the first half and the atmosphere was terrible.