Spotted - SQF

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HarleSykeClaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Spotted - SQF

Post by HarleSykeClaret » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:10 am

Tried to search for a “spotted” thread but can’t see one so apologies if there is one.

Spotted a clarets car in South Queensferry, wondered if they were on here?

Dazzler
Been Liked: 881 times
Has Liked: 2333 times

Re: Spotted - SQF

Post by Dazzler » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:28 pm

HarleSykeClaret wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:10 am
Spotted a clarets car in South Queensferry, wondered if they were on here?
Was it a Fiesta or something of similar size?
Was up that way last June and I spotted a car parked up along the main drag sporting a burnley window scarf or something...

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:53 pm

If it was a red car then it will almost certainly be my mate's car. He's a Claret who lived in Burnley in his formative years and now lives on the main street in South Queensferry . Usually has a Burnley "mini-kit" hanging in his car and occasionally posts on here as sliding tackle.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:00 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:53 pm
If it was a red car then it will almost certainly be my mate's car. He's a Claret who lived in Burnley in his formative years and now lives on the main street in South Queensferry . Usually has a Burnley "mini-kit" hanging in his car and occasionally posts on here as sliding tackle.
Are you sure that "sliding tackle" would want you to reveal his details on a forum like this?
Maybe just me, but I wouldn't be happy.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:17 pm

I think he’ll survive the world knowing he’s a bloke in South Queensferry with a red car …. What possible harm could come from that !!!!???

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:18 am

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:17 pm
I think he’ll survive the world knowing he’s a bloke in South Queensferry with a red car …. What possible harm could come from that !!!!???
Do you have his bank details?
These 3 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Bosscat whiffa

SlidingTackle
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by SlidingTackle » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:00 pm

Apologies for the slow response to this query.

I am indeed the owner of the red Ford Fiesta parked on the High Street in South Queensferry, and notable for having a 'My Turf, My Town' sticker (plus an old Holland's Pies era mini-kit, when it sticks properly) in the back window.

And, yes, as my mate Stalbansclaret correctly indicates, I am indeed SlidingTackle.

And, yes, as he also correctly points out, I have absolutely NO problem with being 'outted' on here!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Although, since another mate mentioned it, I now live in constant fear of the notorious North Queensferry branch of the Blackburn Rovers 'massif' coming looking for me....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, good spot.

We get about us Clarets, but as Stalbansclaret (who uses a bogus geographical reference to throw off those who are searching for him) notes, Burnley will always be home.
These 6 users liked this post: nil_desperandum FCBurnley dougcollins HarleSykeClaret whiffa Bosscat

HarleSykeClaret
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by HarleSykeClaret » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:16 pm

SlidingTackle wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:00 pm
Apologies for the slow response to this query.

I am indeed the owner of the red Ford Fiesta parked on the High Street in South Queensferry, and notable for having a 'My Turf, My Town' sticker (plus an old Holland's Pies era mini-kit, when it sticks properly) in the back window.

And, yes, as my mate Stalbansclaret correctly indicates, I am indeed SlidingTackle.

And, yes, as he also correctly points out, I have absolutely NO problem with being 'outted' on here!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Although, since another mate mentioned it, I now live in constant fear of the notorious North Queensferry branch of the Blackburn Rovers 'massif' coming looking for me....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, good spot.

We get about us Clarets, but as Stalbansclaret (who uses a bogus geographical reference to throw off those who are searching for him) notes, Burnley will always be home.
Well I didn’t check this for a few days and thought I’d started a war 😂

Lucky man living next door to Lou Lou’s!

We’re up in SQF 4 or 5 times a year to visit family, love the place!

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:02 pm

Bet you feel much better for being outed. 😉😁
This user liked this post: SlidingTackle

SlidingTackle
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 121 times

Post by SlidingTackle » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:12 pm

HarleSykeClaret wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:16 pm
Well I didn’t check this for a few days and thought I’d started a war 😂

Lucky man living next door to Lou Lou’s!

We’re up in SQF 4 or 5 times a year to visit family, love the place!
Lou Lous's! Asif and Louise are good friends.

My youngest daughter used to work for the rival emporium across the road. There is an intense rivalry, heightened by a Edinburgh Evening News 'poll' in which they came first and second respectively in a 'Best Ice-cream Parlour' in Edinburgh vote.

Imagine coming second and being asked 'Where was first?' and having to point at the place directly across the road...... :D :D :D :D