Madrid City Break/Real Madrid tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretsPadiham
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Madrid City Break/Real Madrid tickets

Post by ClaretsPadiham » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:31 am

Hi everyone looking at going to Madrid start of December for a few nights with the Mrs, Real Madrid set to play Granada on the 3rd December.

Never been so any advice of the city of Madrid , places you would recommend or avoid or anything you think may be helpful. Cheers

Going to watch Real is something iv wanted to do for a long time, and with the redevelopment of the stadium and Englishman Jude Bellingham being the star man there’s no better time !

What’s the best way to get tickets for the game ? Just looking online can get tickets for around €80/90 euros on the top tier on various websites, don’t want to risk a tout when there and not being able to get one. Not bothered about the best view just the experience.

Thanks in advance.

JohnC
Been Liked: 82 times

Re: Madrid City Break/Real Madrid tickets

Post by JohnC » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:39 am

Hi Padiham
We went to Madrid earlier this year, and like yourself had wanted to visit the Bernabeu for a long time. I managed to see a game in the afternoon and Atletico in the evening. Think this is a rare occurrence that they play on the same day.
Here's just a few things to bear in mind, that I found out while trying to buy a ticket.
The date and time given for the game will only be confirmed a week or two before being played. The TV companies may have the game played anytime between the Friday night and the Monday night. We were there for a week so knew that we had all eventualities covered.
I think the tickets on sale at the moment are third party with all of the risks that entails. I had a StubHub ticket for England at Old Trafford earlier this year which didn't work at the turnstile. I got my money back but didn't see the game, very disappointing.
Official tickets on the Real Madrid website seem to start off with VIP tickets, expensive at a few hundred Euros.
Nearer the game Madridista member tickets go on sale, this costs 30 or 40 Euros to join and have access, from memory.
In the weeks before the game the RM official website will give the date and time that General Public tickets go on sale. Usually about 10 days before the match I think.
I went through this process when they came on sale (plenty available, just keep refreshing the screen) but was unable to complete the purchase as the website wouldn't recognise foreign credit cards. Very frustrating.
I contacted the club and they directed me to another official website that would accept foreign cards.
https://www.entradas.com/artist/real-madrid-c-f/
This worked like a dream and I would absolutely use this site again.
I would recommend getting used to this site and going through the steps to buy tickets to earlier games to get an idea how it works.
Everything went well with the downloaded ticket and it was a great experience.
I made a short video of my match day experience here:
https://youtu.be/agKgQp9ZZzM?si=cr2NMO-IFolO_Ij2

UTC
This user liked this post: ClaretsPadiham

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1412 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:37 pm

25 years ago now when four of us watched Athletico play Celta Vigo having scored tickets courtesy of the match officials; we were sat at adjoining tables for lunch. Not much help as I can't now remember the restaurant's name or even its location beyond it being close to Plaza Mayor. I do recall that Burnley were playing a game at the same time, so during half time (yes, drink had been taken) I began chanting for Burnley and did so really loudly; well, my voice had to carry and we were a thousand miles away. Before my wife got me to shut up I'd managed to get several dozen, maybe even a hundred plus bemused Athletico fans to join in too.

ClaretsPadiham
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by ClaretsPadiham » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:35 pm

JohnC wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:39 am
Hi Padiham
We went to Madrid earlier this year, and like yourself had wanted to visit the Bernabeu for a long time. I managed to see a game in the afternoon and Atletico in the evening. Think this is a rare occurrence that they play on the same day.
Here's just a few things to bear in mind, that I found out while trying to buy a ticket.
The date and time given for the game will only be confirmed a week or two before being played. The TV companies may have the game played anytime between the Friday night and the Monday night. We were there for a week so knew that we had all eventualities covered.
I think the tickets on sale at the moment are third party with all of the risks that entails. I had a StubHub ticket for England at Old Trafford earlier this year which didn't work at the turnstile. I got my money back but didn't see the game, very disappointing.
Official tickets on the Real Madrid website seem to start off with VIP tickets, expensive at a few hundred Euros.
Nearer the game Madridista member tickets go on sale, this costs 30 or 40 Euros to join and have access, from memory.
In the weeks before the game the RM official website will give the date and time that General Public tickets go on sale. Usually about 10 days before the match I think.
I went through this process when they came on sale (plenty available, just keep refreshing the screen) but was unable to complete the purchase as the website wouldn't recognise foreign credit cards. Very frustrating.
I contacted the club and they directed me to another official website that would accept foreign cards.
https://www.entradas.com/artist/real-madrid-c-f/
This worked like a dream and I would absolutely use this site again.
I would recommend getting used to this site and going through the steps to buy tickets to earlier games to get an idea how it works.
Everything went well with the downloaded ticket and it was a great experience.
I made a short video of my match day experience here:
https://youtu.be/agKgQp9ZZzM?si=cr2NMO-IFolO_Ij2

UTC
Cheers yeah did wonder about the game as there’s no kick off time, we are there Friday untill Tuesday so should be fine no matter the kick off day/time.

On the link you provided is it hospitality only ? Can’t seem to find normal tickets.

Florian
Been Liked: 48 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Florian » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Take plenty of cash

Lip
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Lip » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:44 pm

Hay muchas cosas hacer y ver en Madrid ,en vez de visitor estadios de fútbol. Tu coño muy triste 😥 ☹️
Solo estoy tomando el pelo. :D :D :D

Claret86
Been Liked: 24 times

Post by Claret86 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:48 pm

I went to Madrid for my 30th. Real were playing but the tickets were extortionate so just settled on a stadium tour.
The city was great for eating and drinking, plenty of nice squares and traditional bars.
We did a day trip to Toledo which was well worth doing, very impressive place but easy to get lost in

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2475 times
Has Liked: 2014 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:59 pm

Fabulous city.
Can’t add anything to JohnCs’ comprehensive ticket info. We got them on the day at Kiosks behind the city end stand, €40 but 6 years ago. Directly opposite was a football bar full of English of various clubs, great craic.
Tourist wise:
Plaza Major, there is a very good market just outside one of the corner arches.
Prado museum
Royal Palace & Cathedral
El Retiro park, Sundays are excellent for quality street entertainers
The Bernabeu tour is outstanding.
Gran Via best for shopping if that is your good ladys thing.
You can get to the city by underground or bus to/from Atocha railway station

Enjoy.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:12 pm

I work across a lot of European cities and ended up in Madrid when they were playing in the Champions League. It was the game that they lost with Woodgate getting sent off. I hadn't checked if they were playing, but the office was literally 400 metres from the stadium. I worked late, and went down to the stadium to see if I could score a ticket. Went up the turnstiles, asked if there was anywhere to buy tickets to one of the official looking people, I'm not sure how but they had tickets, 20 Euro on the top deck. Not that I would recommend that approach if you really wanted to see a game, I wasn't that bothered and would have watched it in a bar, but it was a bonus getting in. Worth it as a last resort maybe.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:20 pm

Just look on their official site for tickets

I’ve just come back from Barcelona today and didn’t realise they had a game midweek until it was to late but there were tickets available directly from the club

Brunlea
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Brunlea » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:22 am

Madrid is a great city and relatively easy to get around. Usual warning with Spanish cities to be aware of pickpockets and distraction thefts.
Would second what an earlier poster said about the market next to Plaza Mayor it’s well worth a visit the food and drink available is amazing.
With regard to the football both stadiums are top notch but Atleticos shades it in my opinion. As far as the matchday experience Bernabeau is much better as it’s less isolated.
Do one of the walking tours well worth it.
Also recommend Toledo it’s a great day trip and there are some really good bars there particularly the one across from the depot.

JohnC
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by JohnC » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:31 pm

Hi Padiham
On the entradas.com website, if you follow the links through for the Rayo Vallecano game on the 5th Nov you can see that they only go on General Sale on the 30th October. Doesn't leave much time but there were plenty of tickets available the the game I attended. This site let me buy the ticket whereas the official Real Madrid site wouldn't accept any of my credit cards.
As others have said, Toledo is a great day out as is Segovia and San Lorenzo. All about an hour away.
Madrid: https://youtu.be/BRMsoxqU7SI
Toledo: https://youtu.be/FROmAMH_3dk
Segovia: https://youtu.be/PfxVLZLz21g
San Lorenzo: https://youtu.be/V6QO4I2MSyM
You'll have a great time.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2475 times
Has Liked: 2014 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:56 pm

We've been out to El Escorial by bus and train. Apart from the magnificent Palace not a lot else. We got lucky as did the Palace in the morning and La Vuelta, on one hell of a climb, in the afternoon.
The second time we went was as a bunny hop to Valle de los Caidos but there were no connections, poor research, and we ended up getting an expensive taxi. He was willing to wait for us for 1 hour precisely.
Valle de los Caidos has now been renamed and they have moved Francos tomb. Wonderful place for walking if you have more than 1 hour.