MOTD....Our Failings Laid Bare

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4075 times
Has Liked: 1854 times

MOTD....Our Failings Laid Bare

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:06 pm

Dreadful, disjointed stuff.
When they pressed us, we'd no answer, they looked livelier and simply wanted it more.
We'd definitely a shout for the handball, but we didn't really deserve anything.

Shearer pointing out our own lack of ability to press other sides and he's right.

It's not looking good.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Re: MOTD....Our Failings Laid Bare

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:08 pm

MOTD picture quite clear that the handball wasn’t a penalty for me, because the hand was in a natural position, reaching up high to pull Berge’s shirt off his back.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure BleedingClaret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1655 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:11 pm

p.s. Shearer right of course about our playing it out.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2262 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 pm

I can’t bring myself to watch it

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:14 pm

I haven't watched it all season....wonder why

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:14 pm

Me either

They’ll quite rightly say it how it is and I can’t bare to hear it

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5092 times
Has Liked: 6913 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:14 am

I just refuse to watch that shambolic shite again.
This user liked this post: CaptJohn

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:58 am

motd is a dull, insipid ian wright boreathon.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 329 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by Woonderbah » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:02 am

Those one after the other clips of goals conceded after us gifting away possession should have had a 'some viewers may find the following scenes distressing' forewarning.
This user liked this post: dsr

Boydesque
Been Liked: 14 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Boydesque » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:25 am

We are very very poor in every aspect of football
I m staggered by our demise
It’s basic we have no spine Simple
We can’t help the centre half situation but ffs the best we ve been in centre mid is berg brown hill Cullen yet to play together in last 2 potentially winnable games
It is now down to you vinny
Prove you re not a Gerard keane roooney manager and I hope you do
This user liked this post: k90bfc

jimmy_smullen
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by jimmy_smullen » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:45 am

after being at the game, yes we were poor as we have been all season. however there needs to be some perspective from our fans, at the end of the day win, lose or draw i think most on here would support the side regardless. the whole point of supporting a side and sport in general is living with the bad times as it makes the good times that much sweeter. everybody is the best manager in the world when realistically not one person on here has a clue what they are talking about (myself included) if folk want to watch a side win every week burnley is not the team for you.
These 7 users liked this post: Cabbage NewClaret Holtyclaret ClaretMat BleedingClaret AfloatinClaret Goodclaret

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:53 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:14 am
I just refuse to watch that shambolic shite again.
After that second goal today hopefully you won’t have to and he’ll be dropped.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 524 times

Post by beddie » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:13 am

jimmy_smullen wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:45 am
after being at the game, yes we were poor as we have been all season. however there needs to be some perspective from our fans, at the end of the day win, lose or draw i think most on here would support the side regardless. the whole point of supporting a side and sport in general is living with the bad times as it makes the good times that much sweeter. everybody is the best manager in the world when realistically not one person on here has a clue what they are talking about (myself included) if folk want to watch a side win every week burnley is not the team for you.
I respect your view Jimmy and agree with most of it, however, I think what’s a concern is that the opposition know how to play against us and the issues ( losing possession) are to a point self inflicted. Shearer had it right last night. I just believe such an intelligent man as VK would be thinking he now has to change our style of play to try and eradicate the problems and make us much tougher to beat.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:31 am

That is exactly the problem to solve ‘being tougher to beat’. I think Vinnie’s view of us being tougher to beat is we pass through them and have the ball more than them etc. The team has been designed by a man that played in teams that were so much better than their opponents that they were tough to beat automatically. It was built last season and clicked early on against teams that we were much better than.

This season we can’t dominate possession as high up the pitch and we keep trying to do that and not breaking the press anywhere near enough. All those clips are essentially the same goal being conceded. Vinnie needs to prove he is a good manager by applying a different approach that we don’t seem to have the players to do.

We are even scoring the odd similar goal, for example, when Berge breaks the press and drives right through as he did for the goal at Luton and the one yesterday that was disallowed. These types of goals are rare in the prem and interestingly we have managed it against two of the worst teams. We just won’t score goals like this against most of the league.

We missed Foster yesterday as he is essential to the team with his pace and ability. Actually the awful miss at Brentford was set up similarly to those other ones I mentioned.
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretAL RVclaret Sgt. Pepper

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:45 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:08 pm
MOTD picture quite clear that the handball wasn’t a penalty for me, because the hand was in a natural position, reaching up high to pull Berge’s shirt off his back.
The picture shows how much he’s pulling berges shirt and the fact he handballs it, it’s a clear penalty but that doesn’t alter that for 85 minutes we were awful

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:45 am

I think he needs to either completely rip up our what ever the system VK thinks we are trying to play as obviously the team don’t get it, and go back the system we had last year or build a new system around the experienced players we have as the backbone and add a few of the younger flair around them. If we revert to last years system and the training ground divide up to rectangles again with the ethos of 1 player per zone and others move to another zone to provide an option etc yes we will get beat by a few as there are better teams but at least there will be options to pass to rather than pass back and launch it back the the opposition.

On another note for the Cameos he has had, I think Rednond can help us a lot, his vision and experience to pick a pass is obvious.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:34 am

Don't worry lads ... it'll be OK when we get a drummer...
🥁🥁🥁

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2262 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:12 pm

jimmy_smullen wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:45 am
Speak for yourself.