Looks like we are buying Tresor

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Looks like we are buying Tresor

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:59 am

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: Looks like we are buying Tresor

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:01 am

Bargain

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 am

Good now he's a chance to show the talent that VK said he has

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:05 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 am
Good now he's a chance to show the talent that VK said he has
He was Belgium player of the year last season, so it's not just Kompany with that view
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:06 am

Not sure VK has figured out how to fit these no.10's into our team yet. Hoping Tresor comes good when he does.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:21 am

He’s a very good player with room for improvement, but he’s one of those who’ll need a season to adapt to the English game & Pl tempo

jojomk1
Been Liked: 851 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:34 am

Belgianclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:21 am
He’s a very good player with room for improvement, but he’s one of those who’ll need a season to adapt to the English game & Pl tempo
Come next season he, and the rest of us, may not need to worry about PL tempo
And that is clearly the major problem with transfer dealings this summer
Far too many inexperienced younger players brought in at the expense of some older, wiser heads with some PL experience
These 3 users liked this post: 1989_claret IanMcL k90bfc

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:39 am

I haven't seen much to get excited about with this lad other than his control and lay off in the build up to the goal vs Chelsea. He's clearly got a good touch and has talent but it's been said many times that he played off the left or in the no.10 position last season, NOT on the right. We're paying big money for him so I feel VK needs to play him in his preferred position before we give final verdicts on him.
This user liked this post: Hipper

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:47 am

Offered f all so far other than one or two nice touches. I’m hopeful he’ll improve.
This user liked this post: LDNBFC87

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:52 am

I take it he's happy to sign permanently 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 am

5 games seems a very low number games for the deal to kick in, perhaps it was something done in order to get the deal done in time

Also if we've started paying his fee, he's not on loan anymore?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 am

A fairly young player who is adapting to a new home and new style of football in the quickest league in the world.

Vital we get behind him as he will be feeling low with the challenge facing him, one he will be aware of more than us. He seems a quirky character, evidenced by his plane Meme when he joked about having to scurry to Holland for that commercial flight on deadline day having missed the private one. We certainly don’t want him feeling like we are all rubbishing him.

I’d like to see him, Redmond, Odobert and Koleosho vying for that left wing spot rather than on the right which is likely to affect his confidence.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:09 am

It’s not his ability that is in question; it’s energy, urgency and desire that seems to be lacking.

Does the deal still ‘kick in’ if we’re not in the PL?
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1331 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:13 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 am
A fairly young player who is adapting to a new home and new style of football in the quickest league in the world.

Vital we get behind him as he will be feeling low with the challenge facing him, one he will be aware of more than us. He seems a quirky character, evidenced by his plane Meme when he joked about having to scurry to Holland for that commercial flight on deadline day having missed the private one. We certainly don’t want him feeling like we are all rubbishing him.

I’d like to see him, Redmond, Odobert and Koleosho vying for that left wing spot rather than on the right which is likely to affect his confidence.
That’s 5 for a left wing start including Anass. It’s absolutely crazy, when we only have 3 full backs and cm remains way under strength. Plus we are weak at cb and we desperately need a striker. What on earth were they thinking.
These 2 users liked this post: CrosspoolClarets k90bfc

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:17 am

18m Euros (£16M) ????

Sleeping Cat
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Sleeping Cat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:18 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:05 am
He was Belgium player of the year last season, so it's not just Kompany with that view
Previous winners of Belgium player of the year.

2012–13 Carlos Bacca Club Brugge Colombia
2013–14 Thorgan Hazard Zulte Waregem Belgium
2014–15 Víctor Vázquez Club Brugge Spain
2015–16 Sofiane Hanni Mechelen Algeria
2016–17 Youri Tielemans Anderlecht Belgium
2017–18 Hans Vanaken Club Brugge
2018–19 Hans Vanaken Club Brugge
2019–20 not awarded as season was terminated early
2020–21 Paul Onuachu Genk Nigeria
2021–22 Deniz Undav Union SG Germany
2022–23 Mike Trésor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_p ... all_awards

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1075 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:37 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:05 am
He's a central attacking midfielder all day and that's the main position he won player of the year in, he can play a role on the wing but on the left never on the right, Kompany is playing him right wing because we have very little options, I feel sorry for Tresor.

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:38 am

Belgianclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:21 am
I agree with that statement he might need some time to get settled in. But what a great player though isn't he? Very technical very quick, and what he's shown last season such a good end product. Great striking of the ball giving his teammates plenty of opportunities to score from. So creative. On a good day he's unplayable and you can't get near him.

I understand very well Kompany wants a player like him, his own De Bruyne that can rip open a defense with a perfect cross or deep pass. 24 assists really is a crazy statistic. Though we can't expect those numbers from the first season in Burnley. The difference in level between KV Mechelen and Brighton is crazy.

But no doubt that Trésor can adapt to the premier league. Technically he's already way above average. He's also shown good speed and stamina.

My favourite transfer from this summer window. Someone you put on the TV for.
These 2 users liked this post: warksclaret CrosspoolClarets

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:39 am

I have no doubt the quality is there-I suspect he will need games and that provides confidence. This thread reminds me of the "Foster-baiting" on here at the end end of last season. Even I had doubts that Foster would improve but look at him now

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:47 am

I think Tresor is a really exciting player, I personally think our tactical decisions are hindering him massively.

To give people some context Mitoma in the season before he started for Brighton got 7 assists and 3 goals from left wing.

Tresor got 8 goals and 21 assists from left wing in the same league.

He needs to start regularly on the left and be given a bit of a free role to express himself. Brighton get the best out of Mitoma because they have two of three workhorses in midfield that cover the ground. I personally think we have to do similar.

Have faith, he is another Foster.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:51 am

Don't think it helps early impressions of Tresor that he was the last one in, meaning he was signed when the summer window already looked crazy unbalanced. That and him being crap so far.

Players can take a long time to adapt to this league and as fans we ought to keep it in mind. But we also need to keep in mind that as fans we want to enjoy watching football and that if we get relegated before he's adapted to the league enough to be able to sell on then it could end up as a pretty awful transfer.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:31 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:37 am
He's a central attacking midfielder all day and that's the main position he won player of the year in, he can play a role on the wing but on the left never on the right, Kompany is playing him right wing because we have very little options, I feel sorry for Tresor.
We have a guy called Larsen who can play on the right ?
There's also JBG, Redmond, Vitinho and Churlinov (when fit)

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:34 am

I want us to win on Saturday just to stop the constant whinging and negativity on every single thread
These 5 users liked this post: bobinho Woodleyclaret yosserhughes Holtyclaret evensteadiereddie

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1075 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:35 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:31 am
We have a guy called Larsen who can play on the right ?
There's also JBG, Redmond, Vitinho and Churlinov (when fit)
Yes I know, and that makes it even more mind boggling why Kompany plays Tresor on the right

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:38 am

Was always going to take time to adapt to this level, which is why he's another example of a player who would be doing better if he was one of only a few changes from last year's team.

The Belgian league is much closer to the Championship than the Premier league, which is why we had a load of players come in and rip it up last year. It's also why the players who have had time to get used to football over here should be ahead of the newer players, who should be gradually brought into the side.

Such basic stuff that it's a concern we've done the opposite. It's clear Tresor has potential but nobody can say he's been anything other than crap so far. He needs time but so do half the team and that's too many.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:44 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:38 am
I agree with that statement he might need some time to get settled in. But what a great player though isn't he? Very technical very quick, and what he's shown last season such a good end product. Great striking of the ball giving his teammates plenty of opportunities to score from. So creative. On a good day he's unplayable and you can't get near him.

I understand very well Kompany wants a player like him, his own De Bruyne that can rip open a defense with a perfect cross or deep pass. 24 assists really is a crazy statistic. Though we can't expect those numbers from the first season in Burnley. The difference in level between KV Mechelen and Brighton is crazy.

But no doubt that Trésor can adapt to the premier league. Technically he's already way above average. He's also shown good speed and stamina.

My favourite transfer from this summer window. Someone you put on the TV for.
Thanks Anthonini . Just out of interest the general consensus seems to be he predominantly played left wing , I have to admit I have not seen a lot of him but he always seemed to play central when I did see him. What was his main position when playing well and producing numbers like those you mention? If half the problem is he is being played out of position then i can understand the performances we have seen, but I wouldn't say I have seen the blistering pace that is mentioned.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:06 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:38 am

He's also shown good speed and stamina.
In training ?!!

In all seriousness most players need time to adapt to new team, league, environment, culture etc. And Tresor will be no different. His stats last year were crazy and whilst the league is a lot weaker than PL you don’t do what he did without being talented.
But the PL season is short and it’s brutal. As last weekend and the Luton game showed there are no games you can use for experimenting or bedding players in. We are already more than a quarter of the season in and we still seem to have no idea of our best team.
Even if we accept that some players will need 3 or 4 months to bed in how can you possibly achieve that with so many players in the same position ?
Koleosho seems to be getting the most sustained period to bed in and whilst he must have exceeded expectations given his inexperience at any level he (understandably) is very raw with little or no end product. So why would we not have given one of the other new players like Tresor or Larsen who have much more experience the time they needed to bed in ?

And as said by many people what all new players need is experience around them. I know we started with a lot of new players last season but at the start they had Cork playing every week, Brownhill playing out of his skin, JayRod or Barnes, Roberts, Taylor and also an old head on young shoulders in THB. Even Maatsen had plenty experience in the Championship and Tella was not coming from overseas. And even with all of this it took the team a few months to really get going and the beauty of the championship is that the number of games you play and the lack of quality means put a run together and you will fly up the league (palace and Forest are just 2 of the teams that have gone from bottom of the championship to promotion)

I am really lost at some of the decisions we have made this season. They are not consistent with last year. Even if we come good (a massive IF) the only way I can see this happening is by using a mix of experience (eg Redmond and Cork) and the likes of Benson, Beyer and Ekdal returning from injury and finding some of the quality from last season we hoped.
This user liked this post: northeastclaret

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:17 am

He will come good when settled

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:28 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:06 am
I am really lost at some of the decisions we have made this season. They are not consistent with last year. Even if we come good (a massive IF) the only way I can see this happening is by using a mix of experience (eg Redmond and Cork) and the likes of Benson, Beyer and Ekdal returning from injury and finding some of the quality from last season we hoped.
Beyer and possibly Ekdal returning should make a difference
But if we are to look more stable with the chance of picking up some points, a midfield of five seems essential to me
Three central from Cork, Cullen, Berge and Brownhill
Playing Larsen/Redmond right and Koleosho/Tresor left (if that is his better side)
And a lone striker of Foster

VK seems to want to play others to maybe justify their fees but we can't afford that given our lack of points
This user liked this post: northeastclaret

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:40 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:44 am
Thanks Anthonini . Just out of interest the general consensus seems to be he predominantly played left wing , I have to admit I have not seen a lot of him but he always seemed to play central when I did see him. What was his main position when playing well and producing numbers like those you mention? If half the problem is he is being played out of position then i can understand the performances we have seen, but I wouldn't say I have seen the blistering pace that is mentioned.

He himself said in an interview he's a number 10 playmaker naturally. So far in his career he's played on both wings. At Genk mostly on the left and that's where he produced those numbers to answer your question.

My humble opinion is when your technique and vision is so good it shouldn't matter where you play. You always do your job. He knows how to create space for himself and he can deliver a good pass. I'd even see him play behind Foster in a free role because of his one touch ability to flick a ball through and he's good at tight spaces. Good dribbling good through ball good shooting.

Honestly I was a bit scared of his pace before he joined Burnley but he's proven himself quick enough. He's not a real winger in that sense that he sticks to the line and runs op and down the whole game like Koleosho or Maatsen would do. He likes to create space for himself with a good first touch and then play the ball in.

If his pace would become a problem but I don't think it will, it's still worth a shot to play him in a central role as a playmaker.
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:44 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:38 am
Was always going to take time to adapt to this level, which is why he's another example of a player who would be doing better if he was one of only a few changes from last year's team.

The Belgian league is much closer to the Championship than the Premier league, which is why we had a load of players come in and rip it up last year. It's also why the players who have had time to get used to football over here should be ahead of the newer players, who should be gradually brought into the side.

Such basic stuff that it's a concern we've done the opposite. It's clear Tresor has potential but nobody can say he's been anything other than crap so far. He needs time but so do half the team and that's too many.
I'm yet to see the potential and you are right, he's been crap. One real concern for me is him looking disinterested. Right now, he wouldn't be anywhere near getting in my team.
These 6 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin JohnDearyMe ClaretAL northeastclaret Jamesy HandforthClaret

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:48 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:28 am
Beyer and possibly Ekdal returning should make a difference
But if we are to look more stable with the chance of picking up some points, a midfield of five seems essential to me
Three central from Cork, Cullen, Berge and Brownhill
Playing Larsen/Redmond right and Koleosho/Tresor left (if that is his better side)
And a lone striker of Foster

VK seems to want to play others to maybe justify their fees but we can't afford that given our lack of points
Think there’s definitely an element of the fees we paid coming into play but suppose that would be a bit of logic if he paid more for the players he rated more. But that’s where playing Koleosho who cost little does not make sense.
And whatever way you look at it picking players for any other reason than giving us the best chance of winning makes no sense. Some people say that any amount of minutes on the pitch is valuable experience and whilst I get why it can be in this unforgiving league it can also do a lot to knock your confidence when you are getting battered like we have.
Last season was different - make a mistake in a game which costs us a goal like Benson did, THB, Cullen and others and we either we came back in the game or we just win the next one. It was almost like it did not matter as we knew we would come good - this season not only does it matter but it’s amplified by the media and everyone else and also of course much more difficult to recover from because of the quality of the opposition. When we have made mistakes this season they are often followed up by the opposition scoring again and the game has gone.
Our second half capitulations this year have been the polar opposite of last year when by the second half the opposition was out on its feet and could not live with us.

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:52 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:44 am
I'm yet to see the potential and you are right, he's been crap. One real concern for me is him looking disinterested. Right now, he wouldn't be anywhere near getting in my team.
Can't really disagree with that

But he is one of VK's marquee signings (or soon to be) along with Trafford and Ramsey

Would any of them get in another PL side - and I include Sheff Utd and Luton in that

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:55 am

With Tresor, there were constant rumours that he was unsure about moving to Burnley and even on deadline day when we signed him, at one point it looked as though he’d changed his mind again.

From his lacklustre performances so far, I don’t think it’s a stretch to imagine his heart isn’t in this.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin JohnDearyMe

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:06 pm

Settling in a new country is one thing, but it doesn’t stop you beating the first man from a corner or putting the effort in.

At least with Foster last season you could see he was trying - almost too hard at times.
This user liked this post: LDNBFC87

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:21 pm

I was expecting Trippier level delivery with all the assists he had last year. If anything he can hardly beat the 1st man on any type of cross from what i've seen so far

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:25 pm

Early signs don't look good, but nor did they for Foster and he's definitely turned a corner.

We have to remember these players are coming into a new club but against Prem opposition. It's one thing skinning Rotherham's left back, it's another level trying it against multi-million international full-backs.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:12 pm

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2054 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:19 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:55 am
With Tresor, there were constant rumours that he was unsure about moving to Burnley and even on deadline day when we signed him, at one point it looked as though he’d changed his mind again.

From his lacklustre performances so far, I don’t think it’s a stretch to imagine his heart isn’t in this.
Can only hope that he has been playing within himself to reduce the risk of injury in his first 5 games. He's shied away from 50/50s and as you say has not looked interested more generally

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:25 pm

Think Trésor is a player that’s got a relaxed demeanour about him that might rub some people the wrong way.

Some of the comments are harsh - first half against Chelsea he was putting in some good defensive work and getting stuck in.

Let’s not write someone off after he’s barely kicked a ball. Again, wouldn’t be starting for me right now but some of the comments are a bit OTT

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:28 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:55 am

That was already cleared up, don’t believe everything you read on Twitter.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:30 pm

The whole squad needs time to adapt, even the ones here last season. That’s why losing your marbles and crying after 10 games is nothing but ridiculous. Fickle fair weather fans

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:33 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:28 pm
That was already cleared up, don’t believe everything you read on Twitter.
Cleared up where? On Twitter? 😂

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:39 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:33 pm
Cleared up where? On Twitter? 😂
Matt Williams cleared it up already

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:39 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:30 pm
The whole squad needs time to adapt, even the ones here last season. That’s why losing your marbles and crying after 10 games is nothing but ridiculous. Fickle fair weather fans
1) that’s the argument why our business was dumb coming into the PL

2) you of all people can’t call anyone fickle

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:39 pm

Absolutely. He spent the Dyche years saying things about the manager and players that were so foul and abusive he was frequently banned.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:47 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Matt Williams cleared it up already
What did he say?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:50 pm

CoolClaret wrote:

I was bored to tears with Dyche football for years on end, no sign of anything changing, just an old team on the decline. Dyche had 10 years to sort it out not 10 games after winning a league title. Results were always good under Dyche until they weren’t and he had to go, 4000 empty seats wasn’t a good look. We won 1 game in 6 months in his final season, that’s how bad it got. Regularly outclassed by lower league opposition.

Seriously imagine wanting the manager gone 10 games after winning the league title hahahah did you not learn anything from Dyche? he was given a free pass for the full season and was relegated then brought us back stronger.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:56 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:50 pm
I was bored to tears with Dyche football for years on end, no sign of anything changing, just an old team on the decline. Dyche had 10 years to sort it out not 10 games after winning a league title. Results were always good under Dyche until they weren’t and he had to go, 4000 empty seats wasn’t a good look. We won 1 game in 6 months in his final season, that’s how bad it got. Regularly outclassed by lower league opposition.

Seriously imagine wanting the manager gone 10 games after winning the league title hahahah did you not learn anything from Dyche? he was given a free pass for the full season and was relegated then brought us back stronger.
You were posting vitriol in like 2017.

Defaulting to his last season or two and pretending that’s the only thing you were annoyed about is nonsense.

Hardly anyone wants the manager gone - most are just flabbergasted at the strategy and naivety coming into the season/season so far.

Not sure now many times it has to be said - a completely different scenario to Dyche’s early tenure.

We had the largest operating budget in the league last season (which we used to maximum effect) , and again this year have spent very well. After 10 games there isn’t much to cheer about and it’s becoming Groundhog Day.

All but the most ridiculous Burnley fans want to give the manager more time but we need to see something to cheer about and get behind - we haven’t seen it yet this season.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:11 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:56 pm
You were posting vitriol in like 2017.

Defaulting to his last season or two and pretending that’s the only thing you were annoyed about is nonsense.

Hardly anyone wants the manager gone - most are just flabbergasted at the strategy and naivety coming into the season/season so far.

Not sure now many times it has to be said - a completely different scenario to Dyche’s early tenure.

We had the largest operating budget in the league last season (which we used to maximum effect) , and again this year have spent very well. After 10 games there isn’t much to cheer about and it’s becoming Groundhog Day.

All but the most ridiculous Burnley fans want to give the manager more time but we need to see something to cheer about and get behind - we haven’t seen it yet this season.
I didn’t like the Dyche football ever, that’s a fact iv never tried to hide. Groundhog Day after 10 games 😂 brilliant