Everton v Burnley - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Re: Everton v Burnley - Player Ratings

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:35 am

Team of pussies & kids.

Muric 7
Vitinho 3
Al Dakhil 4
O Shea 4
Delacroix 5
Tresor 3
Cullen 5
Berge 7
Redmond 6
Jay 4
Brun Larsen 5

Luppy
Been Liked: 56 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Luppy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:21 am

Muric - 6 - clutching for positives - plays out from the back a hundred times better than Trafford

Vitinho - 5 - thought he had a decent 1st half
AAD - 3 - confidence shot. Third goal embarrassing
O’Shea - 3 - file under crazy summer signings. At best a championship mid table centre half. No better than Long
Delcroix - 5 - probably the best of a shocking back line

Cullen - 4 - overrun - asking him to pick up the likes of Tarky at set pieces epitomised our defensive woes
Berge - 6* - really good 1st half then faded
Redmond - 5 - the odd glimpse of quality

JBL - 4 - largely ineffective
Jay - 4 - Shearer at his peak wouldn’t score in this team
Tresor - 4 - I desperately want to see something that screams €18 million euros - I just don’t get it

Amdouni - 4
Zaroury - 4
Odebert - 4

Defensively we are inept - throughout the side. The 3 goals we conceded are just beyond soft. Under Dyche we were difficult to beat - now, just get a corner of free kick and job done.

Tresor - I just don’t get it. The money we have spent on him and Ramsey is staggering. Have either offered anything we didn’t already have in Twine? To sign them as opposed to signing Tella who would have hit the ground running full of confidence in a system he understood is just mind boggling

O’Shea - absolutely nowhere near good enough at this level - and never will be

The definition of insanity is keep doing the same things and expecting a different result. We don’t have a clean sheet in us - fact. Cork may give some protection to the back line if he comes in - but after all we have spent, that’s just ridiculous in itself

Everton won’t have an easier game all season
This user liked this post: Pickles

hoskinsgoalatswansea
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 247 times

Post by hoskinsgoalatswansea » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:38 am

Muric 5
Vitinho 3
Al Dakhil 3
O’Shea 4
Delcroix 5
Cullen 4
Berge 6
Trésor 5
Redmond 6
Bruun Larsen 5
Rodriguez 4

Amdouni 4
Zaroury 4
Odobert 5

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:14 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:55 pm
Muric 6
Vitinho 4
Al Dakhil 3
O’Shea 5
Delcroix 5
Cullen 4
Berge 7 ⭐️
Trésor 5
Redmond 7
Bruun Larsen 5
Rodriguez 5

Amdouni 5
Zaroury 5
Odobert 5

Everton won’t have an easier game all season.
Pretty much agree although Redmond did seem to fade a little in 2nd half

As for Everton not having an easier game all season, that comment will be repeated numerous times (against all sides) throughout the rest of the season

Leyland Claret
Been Liked: 103 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Leyland Claret » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 am

Muric 7 - Has to start in the Prem
Vitinho 6 - Good 1st half but faded 2nd
Al Dakhil 3 - Just not good enough. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st 11
O’Shea 5 - Okish performance but not strong enough
Delcroix 6 - Thought he did ok
Tresor 3 - I can’t believe we have to pay £18M for him
Berge 6 - Need to see him further forward
Cullen 3 - Sorry but you ain’t good enough. Too laboured in the passing and not strong enough for the pivotal role
JBL 5 - Got his start but I he didn’t grab the opportunity
Redmond 4 - Unfamiliar position for him and it showed
Jay Rod 4 - Love Jay but he just isn’t the player he was anymore

Amdouni 3 - Did he touch the ball?
Zaroury 3 - Where has lasts year Anass gone
Cork 4 - Needs more time on the pitch
Odobert 4 - Should have had Young on toast

Carlos the Great
Been Liked: 150 times
Has Liked: 380 times

Post by Carlos the Great » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:32 am

I think it will be interesting to see what VK does when Muric is clearly the best option in nets

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 am

Carlos the Great wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:32 am
I think it will be interesting to see what VK does when Muric is clearly the best option in nets
The introduction of Muric gave us more questions than answers

It allowed us to have more of the ball and be ten yards up the pitch but on the same hand it also made us really vulnerable to the counter and on another day Everton could quite easily have had 5 or 6.

Surprised the marks are so high tbh. Everton comfortably wiped the floor with us playing like a pre season friendly

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:45 am

Muric 7

Vitinho 3 gave the opposition another goal, may as well start -1 handicap with this fella in defence. 2nd at Bournemouth, 2nd vs Chelsea, 2nd against Everton.

AAD 3 weak as hell, should not be playing but we have nobody else available.

Dara 4 not good enough, can’t pass for toffee and weak in the duel. Just gets beat far too easily, no idea how Calvert Lewin got to that pass ahead of both our defenders for their 2nd goal (deflection took it for corner).

Delcroix 5 best of the back four but that isn’t saying much, offers nothing going forward.

Berge 8 rarely lost the ball, strong and robust, brilliant driving forward. The only positive last night is that 1 of those double pivot spots is cemented. Something we can build around.

Cullen 3 slow, weak, poor in the air, no idea why he’s marking Tarkowski at corners. Thought he’d do alright at this level but he’s really struggling so far.

Redmond 4 I think he’ll be a good player for us but he was rubbish last night, in the second half he passed the ball out of play twice in 20 seconds (5 yard simple passes too). Didn’t beat a man all night and the one chance he had to play a killer pass to Rodriguez in the first half he badly over hit it.

Tresor 4 is he left or right footed? Showed some neat touches but nowhere near enough, kept falling over.

JBL 4 rubbish but direct

Rodriguez 3 League One level, looks so unfit and slow. A better striker (like Foster) makes that dart across the front post for a tap in when Berge hits that low cross in the first half instead he stood hiding at the back post giving Berge no option. Same position away at Forest where Foster scores disallowed goal.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:48 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 am
The introduction of Muric gave us more questions than answers

It allowed us to have more of the ball and be ten yards up the pitch but on the same hand it also made us really vulnerable to the counter and on another day Everton could quite easily have had 5 or 6.

Surprised the marks are so high tbh. Everton comfortably wiped the floor with us playing like a pre season friendly
5 or 6? You’re over egging it. I thought we controlled them for most of the game whilst creating nothing of note. It was never a 5-0 or 6-0 game.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:50 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:48 am
5 or 6? You’re over egging it. I thought we controlled them for most of the game whilst creating nothing of note. It was never a 5-0 or 6-0 game.
Could easily have been 5 or 6 with better finishing. Re watch the highlights Everton missed a couple of sitters

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:52 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:50 am
Could easily have been 5 or 6 with better finishing. Re watch the highlights Everton missed a couple of sitters
You were the one who posted the XG last night, Everton’s was 2.1 but they should have scored 6, aye alright.

So does XG matter or not? Or only matters when you’re using Burnley’s XG to slag off the team?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:55 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:52 am
You were the one who posted the XG last night, Everton’s was 2.1 but they should have scored 6, aye alright.

So does XG matter or not? Or only matters when you’re using Burnley’s XG to slag off the team?
XG is in indicator. As you usually say the eye test is the better one

CryerBFC
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by CryerBFC » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:43 am

Muric - 7
Vitinho - 4
AAD - 4
O’Shea - 5
Delcroix - 5
Cullen - 4
Berge - 7 - MOM
Redmond - 5
Tresor - 5
JBL - 5
Jay - 4

Zaroury - 4
Amdouni - 4
Odobert - 4

Feel like I’ve been relatively generous with some players, Muric and Berge the only 2 who looked to try and make a difference.

Absolutely need some size and physicality in midfield, watching Cullen challenge for headers against Onana was painful. It’ll be the same again on Saturday with the likes of Doucoure and Lerma, at least put Cork in to win a few battles in the middle.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:18 am

Muric 6… enjoyed his passing , especially the outrageous ball into central midfield with the outside of his boot , but I think maybe I enjoy his “cultishness” rather than his actual goalkeeping impact !
Delcroix 6
Al Dakhil 4
O Shea 4
Vitinho 4 …one great diagonal run in the first half to create one of our two moments of threat but he constantly gives the ball away
Cullen 4
Berge 8 …our best player by a mile
Redmond 5
Tresor 5
Bruun Larsen 5
Rodriguez 4

Carwin261
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Carwin261 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:24 am

Perhaps we should try Muric at centrehalf.

ecc
Been Liked: 1443 times
Has Liked: 1290 times

Post by ecc » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:55 am

From TV

I wrote this without seeing other people’s ratings and comments

First time I’ve seen us play this season.
Watched the match thinking we’d be poor and tried to look for positives.

Muric 5: More or less a typical Muric display. I don’t think he could do much about the goals. Came out early doors and made some good catches. Tried to get us playing with his passes but it didn’t work as we were constantly under pressure.
Vitinho 6: I thought he had a good first-half. Got forward a fair amount including one excellent run. Not sure where he was when, inevitably, Dwight set up Tarky. Not as prominent second half.
Al-Dakhil 4: I feel for the lad. He’s struggling but he’s battling. He gives the ball away too much and looks raw. But, he’s a good footballer and is relatively quick for the PL. I think he might come good.
O’ Shea 4: A little better on the ball than Al-Dakhil but gave away too many balls and wasn’t strong enough in the air.
Delcroix 5: Better than I’d expected. In a poor team performance he looked one of the less worse players.
Cullen 6: I thought he put in a decent shift. He tried his best to organise midfield. The problem is Berge doesn’t stay parallel with him. Josh needs a fellow DM alongside him.
Berge 6: He did a fair few decent things especially in the first-half. However, if we want him to go forward, we need someone to form a DM pair with Cullen.
Trésor 4: Offered virtually nothing. No speed. No end product. Very surprised he wasn’t hooked on the hour.

Redmond 5: Curate’s egg. Showed he can read the game. Some good passes but just not enough impact.

Laursen 4: Really not much more than Trésor. Looked interested unlike Trésor.
Jay 4: Thankless task. Nothing to feed on.

Subs:

Zaroury, Amdouni and Odobert I’m not going to rate because to be honest they showed very little.

Worrying. Very worrying.

Far too many misplaced passes. We did try to play football but I always had the impression Everton had more men on the pitch than us.

The point made on here several times about the physicality and sheer size of PL players seemed very much true last night.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 1000 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:00 am

Our young players are on a massive learning curve but it appears on the outside that the focus for the centre halves is on their ability on the ball, not basic defending.

Al-Dakhil will not improve if he isn't focusing on his positioning and defensive qualities as the priority for his development, the mistakes he is making will continue and probably get worse as his confidence disappears.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:35 pm

From tv
Muric 7 very good distribution which helped up get the ball further up the pitch to start attacks.
Vitihno 5 good first half
ALD 4 too young and inexperienced for the PL. Feel a bit sorry for him now.
O'Shea 4 see ALD
Delcroix 6 best of the back four
Cullen 4 too light weight
Berge 7 mom best player by far last night
Tresor 4 I still don't see what he offers
Redman 4 he's not the answer
Jayrod 4 past it, though he had no service whatsoever
Larsen 5 decent first half, but fades like the rest of the team
Subs all 4
I am quite concerned about this season now. We obviously gone backwards in playing personnel and playing style compared to last seaon, with too many changes too soon. I do worry that our young players and manager will lose heart because of the poor performances: we really need a much better performance and three points on Saturday otherwise things will become toxic at the club, which will only adversely affect the youngsters even more.

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:38 pm

Muric 6
Vitinho 4
Al Dakhil 4
O’Shea 5
Delcroix 5
Cullen 4
Berge 7