Burnley v Crystal Palace - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Burnley v Crystal Palace - Player Ratings

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:13 pm

Please leave ratings for all players who have played 20 mins or more.

Scoring is from 3 to 10 as follows:

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 -Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Re: Burnley v Crystal Palace - Player Ratings

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:21 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
Beyer 5
O'Shea 6
Taylor 6
Brownhill 5
Berge 5
Amdouni 5
Gudmundsson 5
Koleosho 6
Rodriguez 4

Inept against a very average Palace side.

Barring something incredible, we are heading for relegation in embarrassing fashion.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:25 pm

Trafford- 6. Couple wobbly passes but untested and blameless for the goals.
Vitinho -6. Tried to get us forward at least.
O'Shea- 3. Could barely find a forward pass, slowed us down to a ponder, error summed it up.
Beyer-4. Abysmal mistake and very pedestrian passing especially second half.
Taylor -6. Did fine, one decent effort, nothing amazing or awful.
Brownhill -6. Kept us going in the middle.
Berge- 6. As above.
Koleosho -7. Had will and desire to get forward
Gudmundsson -5. Okay first half, quiet second, we desperately needed pace on that flank he should have been off for Odobert at 60-65m.
Amdouni- 7. Good runs and likeliest player to score.
Jay-5. Held it up okay first half, absent second apart from one good header. Should have probably made way.

Redmond-5. Didn't do much.
Odobert-5. Same. Should have been on with Koleosho not instead of.

ChristheViking
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by ChristheViking » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Trafford - 5 - didn't have much to do. Can't fault him for either goal. Can fault him for sloppy basic passes that go straight out of play. I haven't called for a change but I'm on the fence now.

Vitinho - 7 - a bright performance with energy and a desire to get forward
Beyer - 5. Generally I thought he did ok but he kills us with the goal. It just cannot happen.
O'Shea -5 good first half but his passing got steadily worse and I think hooking the ball back towards the centre sets up the 2nd goal. We're not going to keep a clean sheet with him.
Taylor - 6 - ok - would like to see him forward a bit more. Delightful ball to Koleosho that deserved something

Berge - 6. He did ok but his propensity to go backwards takes a lot of steam out of potential attacks
Brownhill - 7 - did well and tested Johnstone with a decent effort 2nd half

Koleosho - 7 - had Ward on toast and I was disappointed he got hooked
JBG - 7 - good performance and unlucky not to score with a decent header
Amdouni - 7 - good display with positive running and links up. Had more purpose today.

J-Rod - 6 - also unlucky not to score from the corner and did ok.

Subs - all on a bit too late for me.

It's a tough one. We've not played that badly. 17 shots on goal. 12 corners. 67% possession.

But it's the same story. We beat ourselves with a moment of madness

1st half was good. We played with urgency and got men forward. The set-pieces are again disappointing. 2nd half was flatter. We needed the subs sooner. I do think we did enough to get something out of the game.

I'm not on the ledge. I back the manager 100%. But it's 6 defeats on the bounce at home. We're in a run of more winnable games and we're losing. He has to find the right mix soon before we get cut adrift.

MDWat
Been Liked: 879 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Trafford - 5

I thought his distribution was pretty poor most of the afternoon, on two counts. Firstly, he kept a hold of the ball for far too long and secondly, it was far too wayward. The problem we have with Trafford at the moment is that he’s instilling no confidence in his defence and also no confidence in the crowd.

Vitinho - 6*

He kept going throughout and was one of the few who actually tried to drive us up the pitch. He’s way too limited at this level to be playing every week though and the fact we’re here tells the story of our summer recruitment.

O’Shea - 3

He is rank bad rotten, I’m afraid. Distribution appalling; either slow, or played behind its intended recipient time and time again. Appreciate it was the last couple of minutes so he was trying to keep the ball in but that decision ultimately led to the second goal.

Beyer - 5

The defence improved immeasurably in its general play on account of him being there but unfortunately you can’t look away from the raw fact that his terrible bit of defending led to the crucial goal.

Taylor - 6

Fine. Bit limited but to be expected given he’s not a natural at the role that’s being asked of him.

Berge - 5

Slightly the better of the two holding midfielders but their lack of movement and, in particular in the second half, their ability to hide in the centre of the pack was of particular hindrance to our performance.

Brownhill - 4

One decent shot on target aside in the second half, I thought he was pretty awful. Spent most of the game hiding and his limited passing game was very evident in a game like this.

Gudmundsson - 5

Another whose limited game was exposed this afternoon and unfortunately when he did attempt a final ball, it wasn’t of the necessary quality to create any clear cut chances.

Amdouni - 6

Thought he showed some pretty decent flashes although he was on the periphery of the game for large chunks of it. There’s definitely a player in there but I’m not sure where his role is when Foster isn’t in the side.

Koleosho - 6

Lots of raw talent, lots of pace. Shows flashes of excellence and he will be super in a couple of years but his final ball was often poor. A real bright spot in the squad at the moment. They had 3 on him in the second half such was his threat.

Rodriguez - 4

Offered next to nothing all afternoon and I’m sure Kompany will be hopeful of Foster being available sometime soon.

That was a hugely disappointing afternoon in a game we should have won but never looked like we would. There were some pockets of good play, lots of possession but at no point did we put their goal under any concerted pressure and you never felt like a goal was coming after we went behind.

Really not sure where we go next.

Claret1900
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Claret1900 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:30 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 6
Beyer 6 -1 for the mistake
O'Shea 4
Taylor 6
Brownhill 5
Berge 5
Amdouni 4
Gudmundsson 5
Koleosho 5
Rodriguez 4

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:35 pm

Trafford 7 Absolutely fine albeit he was a bystander - he really isn’t this teams issue.

Vitinho 5 He’s enthusiastic and wants to get forward but his obsession with cutting in and running into centre mid with the ball feels so unnecessary most of the time. Gives it away too much.

O’Shea 5 He was better for me today than he has been, albeit he did give the ball away a few times in quick succession second half. Often too ponderous in giving the ball to his full back and turning back to Trafford.

Beyer 3 (-3 for the error) Beyer is our best defender and was generally fine today, but that was such a stupid error. Please for the love of God can we have it accepted that on SOME occasions, it is absolutely fine to put the ball into touch. They were never scoring but for this error. Nonetheless, I’m delighted he’s back.

Taylor 6 Did OK today I felt and even swung a few good crosses in.

Berge 5 Restricted perhaps by the formation/selection but didn’t offer much progression with the ball today and seemed stifled compared to recent performances.

Brownhill 6 His best game for a long while IMO, unlucky with his shot.

Gudmundsson 7 Was on the ball a lot and tried to make things happen all game.

Koleosho 7 Our biggest threat undoubtedly but just hasn’t got an end product (if he did I don’t think he’d be with us perhaps). You cannot fault his effort. Great takedown for his chance first half.

Amdouni 6 Runs into trouble too often but undoubtedly tried hard all game.

Rodriguez 5 Did his best but just not got the pace for this level anymore. Unlucky with his header.

Subs all 5, didn’t offer much.

ervi34
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by ervi34 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:35 pm

Trafford - 5
Couldn't prevent the goals and didn't have much to do overall. Still, misplaced a few passes once again.

Taylor - 6
An OK game. Looked more comfortable with the ball and positioned himself well.

Beyer - 5
Would have been higher if he didn't decide to give them an opener. Overall we look more comfortable with him in the side but his fitness is a massive issue. Looks like he picked up a knock again.

O'Shea - 5
An improved performance but still managed to make a major mistake. Passing all over the place.

Vitinho - 7 MOTM
Energetic, wanted the ball, carried it well. Maybe could have done better regarding decision making but way better than in the last two games.

Berge - 6
Definitely looked stronger than in the last two games but it has to said that he didn't have much defensive work to do.

Brownhill - 6
Tried hard to make something happen and almost scored from distance. Needs to stop taking set-pieces though.

JBG - 6
Created some chances early on but disappeared in the second half. Problem with him is that although he gives us a lot more balance, he slows us down when we attack.

Koleosho - 7
His best game in a while and the first one where he looked dangerous for more than 20 minutes.

Amdouni - 6
Had some decent touches and carried the ball well but still needs to be more involved and more lethal in the box.

Rodriguez - 4
Offered nothing.

Subs:
Not involved enough.

Kompany - 4
Slightly better performance than usual but we still can't score, keep a clean sheet and keep giving cheap goals away.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:35 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
Beyer 5
O Shea 5
Taylor 6
Brownhill 6
Berge 6
Amdouni 6
Gudmundsson 6
Koleosho 6
Rodriguez 6

Subs:
Redmond na
Odobert na
Tresor na
Bruun Larsen na

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:36 pm

Trafford 4
Vitinho 5
Beyer 6
O'Shea 3 I can’t work out why we’ve signed him.
Taylor 6
Brownhill 5
Berge 6
Amdouni 6
Gudmundsson 6
Koleosho 5 the nearly man
Rodriguez 4

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:38 pm

Trafford 7 two misplaced passes. Largely untroubled
Vitinho 7 lively
Beyer 6 rusty
O'Shea 4 just not the quality we need - poor passing and the mistake at the end
Taylor 7 pretty good
Brownhill 7 did ok
Berge 7 should have come off when injured
Amdouni 5 some moments but not enough
Gudmundsson 7 classy. Good crosses
Koleosho 7* our only real threat
Rodriguez 5 not his fault that he’s playing

Subs were too late and keeping the limping Berge on was stupid

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:48 pm

Trafford 5 Muric is so much better its now boring to discuss it
Vitinho 6 some decent forward runs defending suspect.
Beyer 5 almighty cock up for the first goal
O'Shea 5 assist for second goal decent apart from that
Taylor 6 didn’t do much really
Brownhill 5 offers very little
Berge 7 only central midfielder that is confident to pass forward
Amdouni 5 doesn’t seem to fit into this team anywhere he plays it seems, strange buy
Gudmundsson 6 at least tries to get on the ball
Koleosho 7* decent , would have left him on
Rodriguez 3 like playing with ten men

DycheAlmighty
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by DycheAlmighty » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:49 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6 (our set piece coach asking him to take long throws when his maximum distance on a throw is 10 yards)
O'Shea 6 (-1 for error)
Beyer 5 (-1 for error)
Taylor 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 7*
Koleosho 6 (-1 for end product)
Gudmundson 7
Zeki 7
Jay Rod 5

Palace getting a 0-2 win was extremely flattering but again we pay the price for overplaying in the wrong areas.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1148 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:53 pm

Trafford 4 Why does he pass the ball so slowly that he either puts the receiver under or pressure or give it away.
Vitinho 5
O’Shea 5
Beyer 5 inc -2 for first goal
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Brownhill 6
Berge 7
Koleoshu 7 if only he deliver the final ball
Amdouni 4
JRod 5 actually won a couple of headers

I watched the highlights of our 2016/17 season earlier today. What a difference!!

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:56 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 5
Beyer 4
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 5
Koleosho 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 6

longsidetrumpet
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by longsidetrumpet » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:04 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:56 pm
Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 5
Beyer 46
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 5
Koleosho 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 6
46 out of 10 for Beyer?!!!!

ClaretMat
Been Liked: 62 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by ClaretMat » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:05 pm

Trafford 6 - very little to do, no chance with the goals.
Vitinho 6 - plenty of energy and constantly helped stretch the play for us.
O'Shea 5 - some good no nonsense defending. At fault for the second but had to keep the game alive at that point. Some terrible distribution in the second half
Beyer 5 - that mistake cost us hugely today, you could see his disappointment.
Taylor 7 - solid defensively and some nice clips behind their back line.
JBG - 6 created space for Vitinho but could have been more of an option at times. Has to do more with his chance in the second half.
Berge 7* - a good game. Agree he can occasionally be too negative and look to slow things down too much, but when he looks forward and carries the ball he looks great.
Brownhill 6 - worked hard and broke play up well. Forced a great save from Johnstone.
Koleosho 6- very lively and beat men for fun. Unfortunately the openings he had in the first and second half he simply has to do better with. At worse both should have resulted in a shot on target.
Amdouni 6 - some nice touches and glimpses of realy quality, should have done better with his chance early in the game and at times his decision making could have been better.
Jay Rod 5 - did OK, not the threat he once was at this level for obvious reason. Forced a good reaction save from Johnstone from the corner in the second half.

Our general play was relatively good, albeit a little more laborious than it may need to be at times. Unfortunately our decision making at key moments was not good in either the attacking or defensive third and that's why we've somehow contrived to lose this game 2-0.

Luppy
Been Liked: 56 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Luppy » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:06 pm

Trafford - 6

Vitinho - 6
O’Shea - 4 - he’s never a premier league player as long as I have a hole in my backside
Beyer - 5 - error for goal killed us
Taylor - 6

Brownhill - 6
Berge - 7
JBG - 7* - still our best actual footballer

Koleosho - 5 - there is absolutely no end product - frustrating
Jay - 6
Amdouni - 6

Subs had no impact

Don’t know where we go from here. A shocking team who offered nothing have been gift wrapped 3 points - again

We haven’t improved a single position despite spending over £100m - find it staggering, absolutely staggering

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by maidenover » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:11 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
O'Shea 4
Beyer 4
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 6
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 6

fungus_the_bogeyman
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by fungus_the_bogeyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:14 pm

Trafford 5 - awful distribution and didn't have anything else to do other than pick the ball out of the net twice. Continuing to pick him is a decision I just don’t understand I’m afraid.

Vitinho 6 - his passing wasn’t perfect but at least he put in some effort and got up and down the line. One or two decent crosses that our forwards didn’t react to.

Taylor 6 - solid enough

Beyer 3 - you can’t make mistakes like that at this level. Fatal.

O’Shea 3 - I’m sorry, I just don’t get it with him at all. A mistake waiting to happen. Distribution terrible. Doesn’t fit into our style at all. Very strange signing.

Koleosho 6 - same as usual. Some good moments, some bad. No end product.

Amdouni 6 - again, looked good in patches. Has great footwork and works well in tight spaces but we need more end product from him.

Berge 6 - good in possession, not so good out of it. His range of passing was on show.

Brownhill 6 - helped us keep possession in midfield, but he’s limited at this level.

Gudmundsson 7* - our biggest danger I thought, especially first half.

Rodriguez 5 - always puts in a shift but he’s done at this level.

Leyland Claret
Been Liked: 103 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Leyland Claret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:17 pm

Trafford 4 - As much as he didn’t have anything to do his dithering on the ball then the rushed pass generally straight out of play is wearing pretty thin
Vitinho 6 - Thought he had a good game today especially 1st half
Beyer 4 - The great white hope returns to the team….and makes a massive cock up
O’Shea 4 - Passing is atrocious and the ball into the danger zone for the 2nd goal summed it up
Taylor 6 - Another half decent game
Berge 4 - Definitely not a DM and then to top it off he’s obviously injured then moved to CH
Koleosho 7 - Caused them problems but his final ball still let’s him down
Brownhill 5 - Defo not captain material and went missing for large parts of the game
JBG 6 - Another who had a half decent game
Amdouni 6 - Probably his best performance in a Premier game this season. Was more involved
Jay Rod 5 - Run around a lot and produced the square root of nowt.

Odobert 4 - Needs more time to make an impact
Redmond 4 - Couple of runs but not involved
Tresor 4 - Did he touch the ball?

I know we are only 11 games in but I haven’t any hope of us finding at least another 30 points before the end of the season unfortunately
Last edited by Leyland Claret on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RHansburyEsq
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Post by RHansburyEsq » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:17 pm

Trafford - 5 nothing he could do with the goals today but passing was meh as ever.

Vitinho - 5 Got into some good positions and can’t fault his effort but he is very limited indeed. The fact he is in the team tells a story.

Beyer - 5 We look much better with him in the side BUT what a shocker for the goal for which have to mark him down.

Taylor- 5 A solid defensive performance and did one or two decent things with the ball, but again a limited player for how we try and play.

O’Shea - 4 unconvincing both defensively and with the ball.

Berge - 5 looked to be carrying an injury for the last 20 mins or so therefore benefit of the doubt for that period. A lot of passing straight back to centre half instead of turning but to be fair the options were limited

Brownhill - 5 buzzed around I guess but not willing/able to receive the ball in tight spaces meant options for defence to pass out were limited.

Amdouni - 4 I agree with others that there is probably a player in there. But only showed the briefest of flashes and for much of the time looked a passenger.

Gudmundsson - 5 We have a better shape and look slightly more solid when he is playing compared with some of the newer wide players (again telling another story). Ran out of steam a bit

Koleosho - 6* I’ve been v critical of his end product and there was plenty more evidence of why, but mariginally better today and worked his socks off.

Jay - 4 No longer a premier league striker. Not short on effort and better playing him than Amdouni because he does sometimes hold it up. But all v poor that he is the only real alternative to Foster.

Boring to repeat it I know, but we simply do not have the quality of player or nouse to compete in this league and I’m quietly fuming at how much we have mucked this up.

helmclaret
Been Liked: 325 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by helmclaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm

Trafford 6 - too ponderous on the ball, can’t get any distance with longer kicks, doesn’t communicate

Vitinho 6 - can’t fault the effort but he’s not a Premier League footballer and not technically good enough to ever be one

O'Shea 3 - just not up to it.

Beyer 4 - gave us a mountain to climb. Time will tell if he can make the step up to the PL.

Taylor 6 - did a job, like he usually does

JBG 6 - played as well as he can - but he’s not the answer

Berge 5 - I’m not seeing anything positive. Too negative on the ball and not seeing these bursting runs forward people talk about?

Brownhill 5 - not a PL player unfortunately

Koleosho 7 - he excites me - end product will come in time

Amdouni 6 - we simply don’t have a PL standard midfielder who can pass through the lines and get the ball to him often enough

Rodriguez 6 - great servant but is he really our number 9?

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm

Leyland Claret wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:17 pm
Trafford 4 - As much as he didn’t have anything to do his dithering on the ball then the rushed pass generally straight out of play is wearing pretty thin
He put one pass out of play.....if that's classed as generally I give up

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:26 pm

Trafford - 6
Nothing good, nothing particularly bad - still the strangest/most unnecessary transfer of ours in recent history. Looks like Illan Meslier 2.0, no presence whatsoever.

Vitinho - 6
One of them where I'd like to give 6.5 - offering more than Roberts and was available for progressive passes/got in behind a few times. Showed desire and tried to influence the game

O'Shea - 5
I think I've become numb to how poor our defending has been this season that i'm beginning to look for positives when there isn't really any. Still Championship

Beyer - 5
Sloppy mistake killed us early on.

Taylor - 6
Dependable as ever

Berge - 7
Arguably the only player signed that has definitely improved us. Starting to look at home in midfield

Brownhill - 7
Better from brownhill - really good energy and a good attempt at goal

Koleosho - 7
End product and decision making lacking at times but he put one on a plate for Guddy

JBG - 7*
Was really good today - just docking because he missed a sitter that would've changed the game

Amdouni - 6
Some good dribbling/touches but needs more end product

Jay - 5
Tried, had some good link up play but is off the standard required now sadly

Redmond - 5
Dissappointed with Redmond today, got into the game but constantly overhit/underhit passes

PhiladelphiaChris
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:31 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 7
O'Shea 5
Beyer 6
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 7
Rodriguez 6

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:32 pm

Trafford 6 -When under no pressure, instead of casually kicking it 15 yards away from our players and out of play, just try to be less cocky and actually do something useful.
Vitinho 6 - Caught ball watching for the goal but tried hard when going forward
O'Shea 5 - Steady enough until the clearance leading to their 2nd.
Beyer 4 - Our saviour returns and quickly reaches our defensive standard :roll:
Taylor 6 - Steady
JBG 6 - Could and should have had the ball in the net
Berge 6 - Another steady performance
Brownhill 6 - Keeps the ball moving and covers the ground
Koleosho 6 - Frustratingly poor with the final ball but I want him to keep trying.
Amdouni 5 - Technically adept but frustrating we don't seem to know where to play him.
Rodriguez 6 - Deserved a start, could have scored but honestly not the answer to our problems.

Another huff and puff without ever looking like we can progress beyond bottom 3 stuff. Frustrating this group of young talent can't play together to any affect.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 1301 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:33 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
O'Shea 5
Taylor 5
Berge 7 don't - understand the low marks
Brownhill 6
Gudmundsson 7
Koleosho 7
Rodriguez 5
Amdouni 6

Redmond 5

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5087 times
Has Liked: 6902 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:35 pm

Trafford 6 not at fault for goals but poor distribution at times
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 4
Beyer 5 lost point for that balls up
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7 mom
Brownhill 5
Koleosho 5
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 4
Subs

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3777 times
Has Liked: 7572 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:47 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 5
Beyer 5
Taylor 6

JBG 6
Berge 7 ***
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 5
Amdouni 5
Rodriguez 5

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1226 times

Post by Pickles » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:49 pm

Trafford - 6 - Not the problem.

Vitinho - 6 - Fine. Misplaced passes. Was surprised Palace didn't expose his lack of any defensive ability but Palace didn't do much of that all game, and didn't need to.

Beyer - 5 - May be our best centre half but he's still reading from the same script as the rest of them. In a month or so we'll be watching Ekdal do an identically abysmal and bonkers piece of defending.

O'Shea - 5 - Has the greatest agent in the world. You could pick someone from the crowd to pick the passes he does under no pressure.

Taylor - 6 - Fine. I say it every week but he's in the team because there's literally no-one else.

Brownhill - 6 - Fine but not good enough. Could be applied to the majority of the squad.

Berge - 6 - He and Brownhill looked to control the midfield but I think it was more to do with Palace just allowing them to do that knowing it was harmless while they got nine behind the ball.

Gudmundsson - 7 - Insanity that a) he's still starting and b) he improves us. Absolutely shouldn't be the case considering a) we've spent so much and b) he wasn't good enough two seasons ago. Battled, played some good passes.

Koleosho - 8 - Probably a bit high but you've got to be positive when you can be. He'll be a star.

Amdouni - 6 - It's like he's been produced in a machine to design the most perfect example of a player you don't want or need in a relegation battle. Same as he's been all season. Some flashes, lovely touches and feints but it's not enough. Wispy, floaty, sometimes invisible.

Rodriguez - 5 - Put himself about a bit, especially in the first half and one good flick on in the second. But it's close to ludicrous how reliant we are on him. Like Gudmundsson, he wasn't up to it the last time we were in this league. A striker is one of the players we need in January. I'm just not so sure it will be, or should be, Kompany who brings them in.

-

Burnley shoot themselves in one foot one week and then the other the week after. The relegation killshot looks like it will happen sooner and sooner with each game that goes by.

The manager seems to have overthought, overbought, and is heading overboard.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1037 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:55 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 4
Beyer 4
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 6
Amdouni 4
Rodriguez 5

My worry is that we are in November and each game is posing more and more questions when the opposite should be happening

What is our style of play, what is our best formation, what is our best starting 11

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:02 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinhio 5
Taylor 6
OShea 5
Beyer 5 (-1 for the goal)
Berge 7 mom
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 6
Amdouni 6
JBG 6
Jay 5

Better, but against a negative side who were poor today. Those are must win home games and despite an improvement we didn’t look threatening and the defensive lapses continue.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:12 pm

A disappointing, frustrating afternoon.

Trafford - 5 - relatively little goalkeeping to do but that he had was not especially convincing and whilst he wasn't ar fault for either goal a keeper of real presence might have done more to make the first goal harder. Passing ok but safe and lacking the vision to stretch Palace.

Vitinho - 6 - again not to blame for the opening goal but didn't do enough to get goal side of Schlupp. Otherwise enterprising and pretty sound.

Taylor - 6 - missed a couple of chances to spring Koleosho but broadly OK.

O'Shea - 5 - defensively sound and his short passing was generally fine but he has a long diagonal in him which was way below par today - a frustration given the 1v1 mismatch between Koleosho and Ward.

Beyer - 5 - generally fine and improved the cohesion of our back line no end, but the mistake for the goal is unforgivable in the context of the lessons we've been taught in recent weeks. It just had to go into the stands.

Berge - 8 - the best player on the pitch and demonstrated he's very comfortable progressing the ball from deep, despite the lack of penetration ahead of him.

Brownhill- 7 - apart from a couple of very average set plays I thought his dynamism complimented Berge's more languid style well and we controlled the midfield throughout.

Gudmundsson- 6 - neat and tidy but lacked penetration.

Koleosho- 7 - some positive runs that created opportunities, and clearly had the beating of Ward, but his end product didn't always match the promise he showed.

Amdouni - 4 - good for 10-15 minutes and then completely disappeared. Didn't stretch in behind Palace, didn't create chances coming short, didn't press with any real oomph and his passing was far too safe.. The glimpses suggest there's a top player in there but he lost faith far too quickly today and then went through the motions.

Rodriguez- 6 - within the parameters of his obvious limitations these days, not bad and gave us a focal point. Unlucky with his header but didn't otherwise look like scoring.

Redmond - 6 - stretched the game more than Amdouni had without really suggesting a goal.

Odobert- 4 - the fact so many posters have forgotten he came on at the same time as Redmond tells you everything. Anonymous.

You could use this game to prove virtually any point you wanted. On one level we were a bit unlucky, controlled the game and created chances to get something from the game. On the other hand we were a powderpuff up front, created almost entirely half chances from a lot of territory and field possession, and threw away the game with a crazy error. Both of those readings are true.

But the other truth of this game is that it betrayed that whilst we do some nice things, a team as lacking physical presence and athleticism in the final third as we were today, and as committed trying to retain possession at all costs in high risk areas as we are, will invariably get picked off by experienced, streetwise opponents. Whilst we broadly controlled midfield and do gave ourselves a platform, those shortcomings at both end and the lack of experience and knowledge how in our summer dealing was sorely exposed by a Palace that were limited but experienced and savvy.

That was all evident early in the second half and I have to confess to being bewildered by the time it took to change things, and by some of the changes when they arrived. Redmond didn't pull up trees but he should have been on for the ineffective Amdouni 20 minutes earlier as the second half meandered for 20 minutes without much happening And it is pointless prioritising a fleet of nice, technically gifted if lightweight wingers over athleticism and experience if you are not going to give them time to change the game.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum JimmyRobbo

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:13 pm

My first game of the season. We looked clueless. First 15 minutes looked ok. Then nothing, no movement, lots of sideways passing across the back because no one was giving anyone a pass. We beat ourselves today, Palace offered nothing and won 2-0. I’m baffled by what VK is doing, or not doing.

Trafford 5
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 4
Beyer 5
Taylor 5
JBG 6
Berge 6
Brownhill 5
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 6
Rodriguez 5

Beagleheart
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Beagleheart » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:27 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho 6
O'Shea 4
Beyer 4
Taylor 7
JBG 6
Berge 6
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 7*
Amdouni 5
Rodriguez 5

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:33 pm

Best performance in weeks this, which tells you how bad the others were, and its no coincidence that it came when we had more of last season's team playing together. Really bright start that was shot to pieces by a ridiculous defensive error from a rusty centre half and you kind of knew that a manager like Hodgson would have his team see the game out from there.

Trafford - 6 had little to do, no chance with the goals but his slow distribution was summed up by taking ages to give it to Taylor in acres of space then finally launching into touch

Vitinho - 6 limited but that's as good as he's been at this level

O'Shea - 3 oh dear

Beyer - 4 fine apathy from costing us the game

Berge - 7 moved the ball well through the middle, even when he was nobbled his passing was better than most.

Brownhill - 6 energy, knows the system, moved things around and had a decent pop from distance

Gudmundsson - 7 found some good spaces needed a bit more pace out widenlater on really though

Koleosho - 6 some really good stuff, most of it with no real end product to finish it off, still v raw

Amdouni - 5 great on the half turn and has good quick feet. Has to do better with his header and he's very guilty of losing interest and not trying as hard when it's not going well

Rodriguez - 6 decent focal point, brought others in well and forced a good stop from Johnstone

Make no mistake we've gifted a woeful Palace 3 points here. Shame as this was better than of late but still not good enough. Hard to be that arsed really.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1751 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:14 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
Taylor 6
Beyer 4
O’Shea 5
Berge 7
Brownhill 5
JBG 5
Koleosho 6
Amdouni 6
Rodriguez 5

Strange game. It wouldn’t be right to say we controlled the game because we lost 2-0. I suspect that’s a pretty pleasing performance for a manager with Hodgson’s outlook and possibly exactly as they planned it. However, Beyer’s massive error aside, we looked untroubled by Palace and far more progressive. Realistically Palace scored the only way their performance would warrant - a gift.

The main problem was we played too much of the game in front of their defence and they were too comfortable. We were crying out for Foster and more balls in the channels between their centre halves and full backs. We simply didn’t turn them enough. Having the ageing legs of Jay & JBG in the front four didn’t help with that.

I also felt the subs were 10-15 mins too late. It looked like we were going to make some, but sat them back down after Koleosho created the best chance we had for JBG. That false dawn provided for some unwarranted patience on Kompany’s part.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 994 times

Post by MrTopTier » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:15 pm

Trafford 6 Nowt to do, distribution isn’t great. Problems are in front of him.

Vitinho 6 Good had a lot of space in front of him but didn’t push on enough for me. Defensively ok.

O’Shea 5 Ok but good enough at this level

Beyer 5 Love Beyer, just do the bloody basics.

Taylor 6 Tried to be a bit more direct in his distribution, got forward well. Steady not spectacular

Brownhill 6 Steady did ok but had plenty of time and space as Palace were very passive. Poor set pieces been saying that for too long!!

Berge 7 looks great without pressure, looks like he wants to go backwards as his first option, with the time and space he had today, he looked like a player, but needs to be more forward orientated

JBG 6 Doing JBG things couple of great balls lot of duff corners, what is it that the set piece coach brings! Steady

Koleosho 7 Needs a better end product, but positive and keeps trying.

Amdouni 7 looked up for it and started the game very well, couple of good chances and should have done better with the early header. Good movement and link up play.

J-Rod 5 Not good enough at this level, there are glimmers and flashes but not enough for a 9 at this level.

Positive performance overall. Two mistakes killed us However it is the same issues, put us under pressure and we will make a mistake.
It doesn’t matter how well we play every game the same comments, we can’t handle being under pressure, we don’t score enough goals, individual errors.

We will play the same and that is admirable but there are too many better teams and managers who will pick us off week after week.

The manager has stuck with a system that worked in the championship but doesn’t in the Prem. There isn’t a plan B and a lot of these players are not good enough for the Prem. There are too many problems to resolve. Almost third of the season gone and only 1 win and very few goals.

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:16 pm

Much better performance. We showed some fight today which was good to see. Certainly can't complain about a lack of effort as in recent games. Just a little bit short in some areas.

Trafford 6 Steady
Vitinho 6 Best game form him this season.
Taylor 6 Again, another steady performance
Beyer 6 Thought he played very well for his comeback game apart from his calamitous mistake. -1 deducted for that error.
O Shea 6 Another steady performance
Berge 7 Along with Foster he is the only player who looks to be up to the standard of the PL at the moment
Brownhill 6 Again, another reasonable performance from Josh
Gudmundsson 6 Quite solid and worked well with Vitinho.
Koleosho 6 If he produced an end product consistently he would be some player. Great cut back for Gudmundsson that he should have scored.
Amdouni 6 Best game from Amdouni. He linked up play really well at times but still went missing for periods.
Rodriguez 5 I feel for Jay as I felt he really struggled today. It looks like age and injuries are taking their toll.

Odobert 5
Redmond 5

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:22 pm

Odd game in that I don't think k anyone played really badly but all Palace had to do was hold their shape and we really struggled to inflict any damage on them - couple of half efforts.

Trafford 6 - nothing to do
Vithino 5 - alright but consistently checks back
O shea 6 - gets a lot of stick but I think he is getting better bit by bit (needs a solid partner)
Beyer 4 - was fairly tidy except for the ghastly error which effectively cost us the game
Taylor 5 - bit slow in possession but OK
JBG 6 - tidy on the ball, decent header, gave us a platform up the pitch
Brownhill 6 - busy and worked hard - some good balls some times
Berge 7 -looks great at times , he's one of our actual.premier league level players
Koleosho 5 - I'm going to get hammered by a lot here but there is never any end product - a decent ball across the box in the 2nd half, one effort on goal, has good feet, is quick but conti uslky runs up blind alleys
Amdouni 6 - marginally better than Koleosho but suffers from the same ina imity to release the ball effectively- however his best game off the ball which is promising
Rodriguez 6 - led the line, worked hard, some good touches

Subs - none of them on for long enough but Tresor looked back to his cant be arsed mode, Redmond at least tried

Kompany - 3. I can't really see what he wants to achieve with this side, he's playing boys against men a lot of the time and refusing to adapt is getting rather annoying. The game was drifitng away form 50.minutes Nd yet he did nothing to change it. If he doesn't improve sharpish I think he will be gone before Christmas

strayclaret
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by strayclaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:54 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 6
O'Shea 5
Beyer 4
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 5
Koleosho 6
Amdouni 6
Rodriguez 5
Sorry but for some reason I felt the tactics had changed and cried out for a big centre forward where is he Germany???

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:00 pm

Trafford 4 - chasing the game and he's slowing everything down or kicking simple balls out of play.
Vitinho 5
Taylor 6
Beyer 5 - bad mistake and we lost our way the rest of the first half
O'Shea 5 - started well then had a nightmare
Berge 7
Brownhill 7 should stay alongside Berge next week but favourite Cullen will be back in
Amdouni 7
Koleosho 6 - good runs but no end product at all
JBG 5
Jay Rod 3 - Offers nothing, needs a big hook to hang those boots on

Kompany 4 - terrible use of substitutes

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:06 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 5
Beyer 5
Taylor 6
Gudmundsson 5
Berge 6
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 6
Amdouni 5
Rodriguez 5

This was the most obvious result of the whole programme of fixtures. The wily and vast experienced Hodgson up against the totally out of his depth Kompany, and so it proved.

This was a performance that was an improvement on previous ones, but objectively, we are just sh1t. That's it. Just sh1t. Crystal Palace literally didn't offer anything in attack, just waited for us to make an error at the back to pounce on, and then just swatted away our attempts at attacks.

The aim of the season for me now is to try and get more than 15 points just so that we don't completely and utterly embarrass ourselves.

All those confident that we'll walk the Championship again will turn out to be just as right as those saying we'd finish top 10 this season, I suspect. What's far more likely to happen is that we spend the next few years trying to get the likes of Trafford, Berge, Amdouni, Odobert, Tresor, and Ramsey off the books by sending them out on a series of loans. These are players with no heart for the battle, no personality, and definitely no leadership qualities. We're a team of fair weather footballers who just want to pass it between themselves without getting their shorts dirty.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:47 pm

Trafford 5 - I'm boring myself now, but we cannot play the style VK wants us to play with this GK. He needs too many touches, he's too slow making the pass, and he just doesn't yet have the skillset. Could do nothing with the goals.

Vitinho 6 - one of his better games. Looked dynamic and tried to be positive

O'Shea 4 - absolutely not. He is a bog standard Championship defender, totally unsuited to how we want to play.

Beyer 4 - big fan, he's our best defender, but you cannot make errors like that at this level, which he obviously knows

Taylor 5 - you know what you're getting but he's laborious at times

JBG 6 - industrious enough, has to score

Brownhill 6 - again, plenty of industry

Berge 7 - looked to play positively when he could, knackered towards the end

Koleosho 7 - really positive, always showing - he's hit and miss but he put a few dangerous balls across that were just not attacked (or indeed missed), not sure that's on him

Amdouni 5 - talk about a curate's egg. Obviously talented but he sort of floats in and out, you feel he could and should be providing more

Rodriguez 5 - worked hard enough, but this isn't his level now unfortunately.

A better performance where we showed we can go toe to toe with a midtable PL side, but toothless in front of goal again and made the obligatory error that was pounced upon. We just look really empty and devoid of confidence at the moment.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:52 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 5
Beyer 4
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 7*
Amdouni 5
Rodriguez 5

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:55 pm

taio wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:52 pm
Trafford 6
Vitinho 5
O'Shea 5
Beyer 4
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 7*
Amdouni 5
Rodriguez 5
I’m the same as this.

Special mention to Koleosho, I think he is pure raw talent. He can go really far in the game

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:58 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:55 pm
I’m the same as this.

Special mention to Koleosho, I think he is pure raw talent. He can go really far in the game
Our main threat by some distance. Berge was also good, as he was on Wednesday. Struggle to understand ratings of 5 for Koleosho.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:04 pm

Trafford 5 - didn’t have much to do. I expect a goalkeeper that cost £14m to be able to chip a pass to a full back without scuffing it and putting it out of play.

Vitinho 4 - saw LOADS of the ball but doesn’t have the pace, strength or ability to do anything with it. He was our outlet today and created absolutely nothing. Even in the last 20 mins he was in acres of space and his teammates kept choosing to ignore him go the other way with their passes. Poor at this level.
Taylor 5 - solid enough today both in and out of possession.
Beyer 5 - glad he’s back but that was an absolute howler today. Didn’t carry the ball out very often.
O’Shea 5 - actually did the basics quite well defensively but had a sloppy spell of passing in the second half. Just not cut out for this level.

Berge 8 - head and shoulders the best player on the pitch for us today. Protected the ball well and looked to play forwards whenever possible. His best performance for us yet.
JBG 6 - neat enough but not enough penetration. Didn’t offer enough in the second half.
Brownhill 6 - good shift and energy but his dead ball delivery is woeful.
Koleosho 4 - I just don’t get all the hype. His brain and feet don’t work in tandem. Although he created a great chance for JBG he gives the ball away too often and I maintain that he shouldn’t be starting games at this level for us right now.

Amdouni 7 - a real bright spark and knitted things together. Shame he didn’t get the ball more in and around the penalty box. Surprised he was hooked.
Rodriguez 4 - full of heart but he just doesn’t offer enough these days. In short; he’s ineffective.

The manager once again wasn’t very proactive with any changes. We had so much of the ball and were given so much territory by Crystal Palace but our manager didn’t try anything different and didn’t even make a change until the 78th minute of a game we were chasing. Yet another abject 2nd half display (which is becoming a worrying trend). Very disappointing.

sjb
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Post by sjb » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:12 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 7
Beyer 5
O'Shea 5
Taylor 6
JBG 6
Brownhill 8