Arsenal v Burnley - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Arsenal v Burnley - Player Ratings

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:16 pm

Please leave ratings for all players who have played 20 mins or more.

Scoring is from 3 to 10 as follows:

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 -Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

Petersa
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: Arsenal v Burnley - Player Ratings

Post by Petersa » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:24 pm

Trafford 3
Vitinho6
Taylor 6
Beyer 7
O Shea 6
Brownhill 6
Berge 6
Jbg 7
Rodriguez 5
Amdouni 5
Koleosho 5

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:31 pm

Trafford 4 - Some good saves, one excellent from Saka but that second goal is beyond terrible goalkeeping I’m afraid. I think he’s been unfairly maligned overall but it is time to try Muric - we’ve changed pretty much everything else.

Vitinho 7 - I thought he had a really good game defensively today and largely shackled Martinelli.

Beyer 7 - Did pretty well overall and we certainly distribute the ball so much better into midfield with him in the side.

O’Shea 5 - Not terrible but he was poor on the 1st goal watching the ball sail over his head and then on the 3rd he headed it the wrong way. He makes too many errors and should be well behind Ekdal when he’s fully fit.

Taylor 7 - Had a tough customer in Saka and did generally well I felt. Offered nothing the other way but it wasn’t that type of game.

Berge 8 (MOM - Best player for us and worked so hard all over the pitch. Received the ball from Trafford and never missed a note getting it to a full back despite the press on him.

Brownhill 7 - Looking really good in a two with Berge and was involved all game, scored a goal. Marked one off for giving the ball away in a suicidal area first half.

Gudmundsson 7 - Thought he had a good game and was involved throughout. Moved the ball on and was generally bright.

Koleosho 6 - Great pace and movement for the goal but didn’t use his asset often enough and was guilty of making the wrong decision a few times.

Amdouni 5 - Wasteful and yet at times exquisite, a confusing player with supreme ball control but a habit of running head-down into trouble and giving the ball away. I cannot work him out.

Rodriguez 6 - Look, he shouldn’t be starting for a team at this level and I bet Jay would admit that himself over a pint but you cannot say hes not trying his best. He offered us a platform today to build off and also did a lot of defensive work.

Subs: All 5

I thought it was a really pleasing performance and we can overlook the result to an extent here considering the opposition. If we introduce Muric and Ekdal to this side, have Benson as an option on the bench (and of course, one day, get Foster back) we will start to pick results up. Kompany has by hook or by crook landed on the nucleus of a competitive eleven at this level. Against non-world class sides we would be well in the game. Devastating that we didn’t offer anything like this against Brentford and Bournemouth.

I’ll take pelters for being positive with my scoring if it’s unnaturally high against everyone else (no responses to this thread when I started drafting this), but I was happy with what I saw today and it actually offers a bit of hope in my opinion.
These 7 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Paddy1882 CrosspoolClarets JimmyRobbo Rumpelstiltskin longsidepies burnleymik

OffTheBar
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by OffTheBar » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:31 pm

Trafford 4
Vitinho 6
Beyer 5
O’Shea 5
Taylor 6
Berge 6
Brownhill 7
JBG 6
Koleosho 6
Amdouni 6
JRod 4

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:32 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho 8
O Shea 7
Beyer 6
Taylor 6
Gudmundsson 7
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 6
Rodríguez 6
Amdouni 6

Substitutes
Ramsey na
Bruun Larsen na
Odobert na
Obafemi na

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:33 pm

Trafford 4
Vitinho 7
Beyer 5
O’Shea 4
Taylor 6
Berge 8
Brownhill 6
JBG 6
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 5
JRod 5

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Trafford 4 some good saves but you can’t possibly have a keeper that’s scared to come for crosses.
Vitinho 7
Taylor 7
Beyer 7
O Shea 6
Brownhill 7
Berge 7
Jbg 7
Rodriguez 5
Amdouni 6
Koleosho 6

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:35 pm

Trafford 6 - great saves kept us in it, but flaps at crosses and isn’t a high jumper, needs to improve at those
Vitinho 7 - much improved and was up against a very good player
O’Shea 6 - good but fallible for the first goal, where he was beaten in the air by a much smaller player, and still doesn’t look a first choice
Beyer 7 - brave stepping out, solid on the whole, crucially beaten in the air by Saka of all people but we levelled after that so can’t blame him
Taylor 6 - stuck to Saka well and didn’t get beaten much
Berge 8 - looks a big improvement on Cullen in that position, offers physicality which Josh can never, no matter what he does
Brownhill 7 - smart finish on his wrong foot gave us a chance but was at the limit of his ability level elsewhere
Gudmundsson 7 - good at both ends without being sensational at either
Koleosho 8 - offered a lot in defence and caused trouble up front, leading to the goal and other chances
Amdouni 7 - had a good game, roaming around, his traditional shot on target, looks dangerous every game
Rodriguez 7 - a little blunt up front but dropped back and stopped their midfield brilliantly. More PL experience than virtually everyone on the pitch and it showed.

A very pleasing afternoon with the result I expected but a result akin to a mid or upper table side going to the Emirates, i.e. level at 1-1 then losing fairly narrowly, and after not being played through all day and still offering a threat up front.

They relied on their set piece and crossing effectiveness, we know it is a weakness of ours but we also know they do it to everyone.

By and large we looked solid and dangerous, against sides who won’t have so many corners and crosses (e.g. last weekend) that is a good recipe for a lot of wins. No side has ever stayed up with 10 defeats out of 12 but I wonder if any of them have been only 2 points off safety after 12 games (assuming AFCB lose right now, with luck)?

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:35 pm

Trafford 4 that second goal is utterly utterly pathetic at this level and every time a cross comes in he looks like falling to pieces
Vitinho 8
Taylor 8
OShea 6 not good enough for the first goal but otherwise defended well
Beyer 6 see above

Brownhill 7
Berge 8 mom
Koleosho 7
JBG 7

Amdouni 6
Jay 6

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:35 pm

Much better in terms of the play but we can’t give goals away like that.

Trafford 5
Vitinho 7
O’Shea 5
Beyer 6
Taylor 6
Guðmundsson 7
Berge 8 ⭐️
Brownhill 7
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 5
Rodriguez 6
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin longsidepies

PhiladelphiaChris
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by PhiladelphiaChris » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm

Trafford 6
Vitinho7
Taylor 6
Beyer 7
O Shea 6
Brownhill 7
Berge 8
Jbg 7
Rodriguez 6
Amdouni 6
Koleosho7

Kilson810
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by Kilson810 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm

Trafford - 3
Vit - 7
O'Shea - 5
Beyer - 6
Taylor - 6
Berge - 8
Brownhill - 6
JBG - 5
Koleosho - 7
Amdouni - 6
Jay - 5

Claret1900
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Claret1900 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:37 pm

Trafford 3
Vitinho6
Taylor 6
Beyer 7
O Shea 5
Brownhill 6
Berge 6
Jbg 7
Rodriguez 5
Amdouni 5
Koleosho 5

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:39 pm

Trafford 3
Vitinho 6
Taylor 6
Beyer 7
O Shea 6
Brownhill 6
Berge 6
Jbg 6
Rodriguez 5
Amdouni 6
Koleosho 6

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Trafford 6 defensive organisation for corners leaves us exposed every game. Changing keepers isn’t the answer
Vitinho 7 best game for us
Taylor 7
Beyer 6
O Shea 5
Brownhill 6
Berge 7
Jbg 6 got through a lot of work
Rodriguez 6 no threat but good defensively
Amdouni 5 some moments but not enough
Koleosho 7* every attack involves him at the moment

Lack of organisation at corners at both ends is costing us and getting it right would transform our results. Over half of Arsenal’s goals this season have come from corners.
This user liked this post: Goobs

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:31 pm
Trafford 4 - Some good saves, one excellent from Saka but that second goal is beyond terrible goalkeeping I’m afraid. I think he’s been unfairly maligned overall but it is time to try Muric - we’ve changed pretty much everything else.

Vitinho 7 - I thought he had a really good game defensively today and largely shackled Martinelli.

Beyer 7 - Did pretty well overall and we certainly distribute the ball so much better into midfield with him in the side.

O’Shea 5 - Not terrible but he was poor on the 1st goal watching the ball sail over his head and then on the 3rd he headed it the wrong way. He makes too many errors and should be well behind Ekdal when he’s fully fit.

Taylor 7 - Had a tough customer in Saka and did generally well I felt. Offered nothing the other way but it wasn’t that type of game.

Berge 8 (MOM - Best player for us and worked so hard all over the pitch. Received the ball from Trafford and never missed a note getting it to a full back despite the press on him.

Brownhill 7 - Looking really good in a two with Berge and was involved all game, scored a goal. Marked one off for giving the ball away in a suicidal area first half.

Gudmundsson 7 - Thought he had a good game and was involved throughout. Moved the ball on and was generally bright.

Koleosho 6 - Great pace and movement for the goal but didn’t use his asset often enough and was guilty of making the wrong decision a few times.

Amdouni 5 - Wasteful and yet at times exquisite, a confusing player with supreme ball control but a habit of running head-down into trouble and giving the ball away. I cannot work him out.

Rodriguez 6 - Look, he shouldn’t be starting for a team at this level and I bet Jay would admit that himself over a pint but you cannot say hes not trying his best. He offered us a platform today to build off and also did a lot of defensive work.

Subs: All 5

I thought it was a really pleasing performance and we can overlook the result to an extent here considering the opposition. If we introduce Muric and Ekdal to this side, have Benson as an option on the bench (and of course, one day, get Foster back) we will start to pick results up. Kompany has by hook or by crook landed on the nucleus of a competitive eleven at this level. Against non-world class sides we would be well in the game. Devastating that we didn’t offer anything like this against Brentford and Bournemouth.

I’ll take pelters for being positive with my scoring if it’s unnaturally high against everyone else (no responses to this thread when I started drafting this), but I was happy with what I saw today and it actually offers a bit of hope in my opinion.
I’d echo all of that really saw positives for sure especially Berge he’s starting to look a real tidy player. The elephant in the room is the goalie who for me simply is not good enough at the moment. Feel sorry for the lad because he looks petrified especially on set pieces.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Trafford 5 - was having a decent game but it’s really poor for their 2nd
Vitinho 7 - I’m a critic of his but I felt he applied himself well today
O’Shea 5 - generally defended the box pretty well
Beyer 6 - our ball playing is far more assured with him
Taylor 6 - kept Saka pretty quiet
JBG 7 - least he has some physical presence, must score though?
Berge 8* - competed and looked after the ball well
Brownhill 7 - competed against a very good midfield 3
Koleosho 6 - main threat again and the source of our goal
Amdouni 6 - did what he could to try and progress the ball without ever really threatening
Rodriguez 6 - helped us defensively but a yard behind attacking wise

The 4-4-2 template suits us far better in my opinion and it’s strange why it took 11 games to try it (Palace being the first).
Last edited by RVclaret on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 744 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Trafford- 5. Feel really sorry for him now. 2 great saves, 2 bad mistakes. The cruel yin-yang of football. He's going to be an ace keeper but it's time to get him out of the firing line and give him a break. Even if Muric has a howler or two, at least then everyone goes "see it's not the keeper" and he's restored to the lineup. It's genuinely getting cruel on the lad to expect him to be the main keeper in a relegation battler at 21, and also expect him to be a playmaking sweeper keeper when it's blatantly not his strong suit.
Vitinho- 7. Had one wobble but otherwise kept Martinelli quiet, unfortunately that didn't matter as Arsenal became happy to go for setplays.
O'Shea- 5. Needs to do better in the air on the goals, he'd been having his best game for us until the first goal and then his confidence crumbled. Felt for him.
Beyer- Should never lose that header for the first goal. Expected better of him, again had done well until that goal.
Taylor- 6. Up and down, serviceable performance.
Brownhill- 7. Gets +1 for the goal, otherwise serviceable if unremarkable.
Berge- 8 MOM. Looks a good player. Defended well and tried to drive us on.
JBG-5. Good chance first half. Faded rapidly, needed replacing, we were getting doubled up on the right and he was offering nothing going forwards either.
Amdouni-6. Had a few lively moments. Bit of a 'flatters to deceive' performance at times but looked like he just needs a bit more support around or ahead of him to be effective. Good effort and a couple of neat moments of control to get out of tight spots.
Koleosho-7. Lively, scared them, end product was wobbly but his run led to our goal. We always look best using the outball to him and letting him take risks.
Jay-4. Absolutely finished. Had 1 tame effort from range, did okay defensively, but he's never even remotely a threat in the attack or buildup, which is the job of a forward.

None of the subs on long enough to impact, so I'm going to do something I don't usually do:

Kompany-4. First match where come the final whistle I've had serious questions of him, and less because of this game and more because of the pattern. Couldn't change the keeper today for obvious reasons, but this is YET ANOTHER game where we've capitulated as the game went on- we had 1 fast break from the restart, Koleosho forced a goal, but then we implode immediately and can't do anything. We can't defend set pieces, impossibly the new set piece coach has made us WORSE at it than last year. Players who ought to be winning aerial battles (and in the case of Beyer did last year) aren't. His subs are maddening and incomprehensible, I often criticised Dyche for his hesitance to make subs or mix things up but Kompany of late has just become bizarre. 2 games in a row that we look at our best moving the ball forwards quickly and aggresssively with a willingness to gamble and get in behind, it's how our goal came today, 2 games in a row where Jay and Johann wane to become completely ineffectual in the 2nd half, 2 games in a row where the two paciest, best dribbling forward players get hooked instead of giving them a partner out right and up top to give us an ambidextrous outball and mobile frontline. Jay playing 96 minutes is embarrassing, he's a great trier and been a great servant but he's simply not capable of impacting a game enough anymore, let alone enough to get 96 minutes. The blueprint for what makes us work has been shown in the last two games, it was shown in the goal today, and yet we get like for like subs that replace the provider and an attacker crying out for a bit more mobility and energy ahead of him to enable his dribbling runs to be given room in key areas to drive into and provide something useful.
Kompany's not learning, he's doubling down on his approach, and his substitutes are growing slower, more hestitant, and more like-for-like. He's doing Trafford a disservice at this point, and he's inexplicably wedded to a few players who either have seen better days (Jay) or, whatever assets they have, aren't best employed as an attacking winger for 90 minutes in the Prem anymore (JBG, who looks better in the central midfield role nowadays). To top it off, we still seem to either capitulate or tire in the second half.

I don't see what he's seeing to make these decisions and I hope this is just the worst end of the learning curve and that like last season, we return from the November international break a revitalised side, because good grief do we need to.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:41 pm

Trafford 4 - dreadful goalkeeping for the second goal….which was a crucial moment in the game. Looked suspect (again) with any crossed ball.

Vitinho 6 - stuck to his task and defended well. Didn’t offer much going the other way but i don’t think that was his primary role today.
O’Shea 3 - this lad is poor. What the hell was he doing on the lead up to the corner for the second goal??! All he had to do was roll it back to the keeper, he decided to turn into trouble and then put his teammate in trouble…we lost the ball in a dangerous area and they broke. We had just got back in the bloody game!! So frustrating. He seems to make basic mistakes every game. Not up to this level.
Beyer 6 - did ok defensively and in possession. Getting back to the levels we expect.
Taylor 6 - defended manfully, sticking to the task and made some good overlapping runs in the second half.

JBG 6 - defended well, doubling up with Vitinho and making us more difficult to break down.
Berge 7 - probably our best player again. Easily our best midfielder. Drives well with the ball and also protects it when necessary.
Brownhill 6 - good shift and made his own luck with the goal by just having a go.
Koleosho 7 - our main threat all afternoon. A couple of good runs including the one for the goal. It might not have been the most graceful of runs but he was determined and made his own luck.

Amdouni 6 - some good feet in tight areas….but in his own half and areas where he couldn’t hurt the opposition.
Rodriguez 5 - not very effective again. Battled hard and played his part, though.

Much much better today with the low block and wingers helping full backs in defending. We stayed in the game much better than previous games.

Still a soft touch in the type of goals we concede and in particular our defending of set pieces. I’m hoping that the likes of Ekdal returning will help with this but there is also a lack of urgency and ‘attacking the ball’ when defending which is a concern.

Kompany ONCE AGAIN was slow to make changes and left this too late - being reactive instead of proactive. Changes should have been made at 2-1 with time still left to affect the game.

We still only have to finish 4th bottom - get behind the lads, stick together and we can do this.

Claret1900
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Claret1900 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:47 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Beyer- Should never lose that header for the first goal. Expected better of him, again had done well until that goal.
So he doesn’t even deserve a rating? ;)

spt_claret
Been Liked: 744 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:47 pm

Realised I somehow missed typing Beyer's rating- meant to be a 5.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3775 times
Has Liked: 7572 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:48 pm

Trafford 5
Vitinho7
Taylor 6
Beyer 7
O Shea 6

Brownhill 7
Berge 8 ****
Jbg 6
Rodriguez 6
Amdouni 5
Koleosho7

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Pleased to see all the high marks for Berge. I thought he was immense today for us in midfield.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Trafford 4 - Great saves but let down badly by the second goal, it was that bad.
Vitinho 7 - Maybe a run in the team will allow him to flourish? Certainly played well today.
O’Shea 4 - Lost Trossard for the first, gave possession away for the corner for the second and error for the third.
Beyer 5 - Minus a point for being beaten in the air by Saka. I really hope Ekdal will be our Ben Mee type organiser in defence as we're severely lacking.
Taylor 6 - Steady away
Guðmundsson 7 - Creative and sharp.
Berge 8 ⭐️ - Looks every inch a PL player
Brownhill 6 - Caught in possession again but grew into the game.
Koleosho 7 - Still raw but our goals only look like they'll be created by him.
Amdouni 5 - Standard Zeki, glimpses but faded badly.
Rodriguez 6 - First line of defence but looks every inch his age, sadly.

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:53 pm

Trafford 9
Vitinho 7
Beyer 7
O’Shea 7
Taylor 6
Berge 8
Brownhill 8
JBG 6
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 7
JRod 4

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3775 times
Has Liked: 7572 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:53 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:51 pm
Pleased to see all the high marks for Berge. I thought he was immense today for us in midfield.
He's been playing well, latey.
For me, that was his best game today, against one of the best current club sides in world football.

ClaretMat
Been Liked: 62 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by ClaretMat » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 pm

Trafford 5 - one fantastic save but he really struggled with their set plays, needs to be more commanding given his size.
Vitinho 6 - really solid, defended diligently overall.
O'Shea 5 - Generally held the shape well and you cannot fault his effort or attidue but I thought he could have done more with the last two goals (gave the ball away cheap in the build up in the second, got himself in a poor position on the third and potentially could even have been more switched on to the first).
Beyer 6 - solid performance overall but another slightly culpable for the first.
Taylor 6 - another solid performance from Charlie, perhaps could have delivered a better ball when well positioned on the overlap when they were down to 10.
JBG 6 - worked well with Vitinho throughout and used the ball intelligently.
Brownhill 7 - buzzed around well in midfield and got us the equaliser.
Berge 8* - our best player today after another good performance last week. Thought he read play very well and his size in midfield and ability to retain the ball under pressure does help give us a lot more presence in the game through the centre.
Koleosho 7 - our most dangerous player and no surprise to see the goal come as a result of his positivity. Plenty of work to do, but plenty to work with.
Amdouni 6 - some sublime skill at times, but needs to learn to be more of a nuisance.
Jay 6 - did fine but clearly not as fleet of foot as he once was.

JBL 6 - OK, I like his physicality but not sure he was the correct substitute at that time as raw pace was our biggest threat.

I thought we played well throughout the game; shape of the team was very disciplined and there was clearly a lot of effort and togetherness which maybe hasn't always been apparent so fsr this season. We looked a threat intermittently also.
More performances like that and we will definitely pick up points, but it's clearly going to be a very difficult season for us.
Last edited by ClaretMat on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 pm

Trafford 4 - I’m sorry, it’s time to sort this. The lad has got talent - good save from Saka in the first half - but he’s so sketchy on crosses and awful on the 2nd goal. VK has to change this for the team and the players’s good
Vitinho 7 - another good performance against a tricky customer, much improved
O’Shea 4 - he’s willing but not good enough
Beyer 6 - shouldn’t get done for the first goal but better overall
Taylor 6 - stuck to task diligently enough
JBG 6 - did a lot of ‘dirty work’ but visibly tired
Berge 8 - best player on the pitch for us, good use of the ball, drives forward
Brownhill 6 - got through a lot of hard work and popped up with the goal
Koleosho 6 - did really well for the goal but can run down dead ends
Amdouni 5 - not enough coming from him for me. Talented, but looks a little bit lackadaisical at times
Jay 5 - sort of the opposite to Amdouni. Lots of willing, but the quality isn’t there

Better performance again today undone by stupid errors. Much to build on, but VK needs to make some big decisions now, not least the keeper. Two huge games coming up for us and I’d say Kompany too.
Last edited by Swizzlestick on Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:51 pm
The best midfielder at the club by a distance.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:59 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 pm
The best midfielder at the club by a distance.
My kind of player too I have to admit, he’s big, strong and carries the ball really well. I thought today was his best game, he’s had games where he’s perhaps had a good half but today he was on it throughout.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:01 pm

From tv
Trafford 4 Vinnie, for the lad's own sake, get him out of the firing before it turns toxic.
Vitihno 7 played well against the very good Martinelli
O'Shea 6 not bad but just lacking so much at this level
Beyer 7 I feel much bettet with him being there
Taylor 7 played well against Saka
JBG 6 good in bits and tends not to give the ball away
Berge 7* he has PL class, unlike some of those round him
Brownhill 6 worked hard in defence and attack
Amdouni 6 how can we get him involved more
Jayrod 5 his future is behind him
Koleosho 6 fantastic run for our goal, but he needs to be doing it more often and with a better end product. I should imagine a lot of bigger clubs are watching him

A better cohesive team display against the most pathetic, whining, cheating set of players. I really hope Vincent "rests" Trafford for the young lad's own sake.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:04 pm

Sat in my hotel and I don't do the ratings, but just to say I thought Vitinho was brilliant today.
Having been one of his biggest critics.
This user liked this post: PhiladelphiaChris

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1037 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:07 pm

Trafford - 4
Vit - 6
O'Shea - 5
Beyer - 6
Taylor - 6
Berge - 8
Brownhill - 6
JBG - 5
Koleosho - 7
Amdouni - 6
Jay - 5

The second Arsenal goal was the game changer today after we had just drawn level a piece of really poor keeping and it lead to uncertainty again for 3 further corners too where our keeper flapped at two which fortunately lead to nothing before then conceding the 3rd
Overall though it was a decent performance but we simply can't go on conceding set piece goals which we would concede at any level of professional football unfortunately

Newchurch Claret
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Newchurch Claret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:08 pm

Flapper Trafford 3 Made for TV saves (that pretty much any professional ’keeper should make) can’t hide the fact that he’s not equipped to cope at this level. He’s a kid, though so I’m not sure what else our manager expects. He shouldn’t be being exposed to this. Too slow, quiet, weak and a total lack of presence. Rooted to his line constantly (apart from when getting chipped from 40 yards!).

Vitinho 7 Better. Has pace (that gets him out of trouble) which is essential at this level and the reason he’s getting in in front of Roberts.
Taylor 6 Didn’t do anything necessarily wrong or right. Just tried to do his job.
O’Shea 4 Nowhere near good enough, unfortunately. Poor signing. In the team to win headers. Doesn’t do it. Those calling for Ekdal when fit are forgetting that our manager picked this fella when Ekdal was fit…
Beyer 6 OK. Just. Not good enough in the air for this level but offers a lot more.

JBG 6 OK
Berge 7 A better option than Cullen. The one new signing I can see becoming a very good player for us.
Brownhill 6 OK
Koleosho 6 OK

Amdouni 6 Still don’t understand where he fits in. Neither does he. Or the manager.
JayRod 6 Not his fault he’s our only option.

Subs all 5 offered nowt.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:09 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:04 pm
Sat in my hotel and I don't do the ratings, but just to say I thought Vitinho was brilliant today.
Having been one of his biggest critics.
I’m no Vitinho fan but I thought that was as good a performance as I’ve seen from him today.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:14 pm

Is Muric away on international duty?

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:18 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:59 pm
My kind of player too I have to admit, he’s big, strong and carries the ball really well. I thought today was his best game, he’s had games where he’s perhaps had a good half but today he was on it throughout.
Reminds me a little of Dobo

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:18 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:14 pm
Is Muric away on international duty?
Yes

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:19 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:09 pm
I’m no Vitinho fan but I thought that was as good a performance as I’ve seen from him today.
He’s worth persevering with for me after what I saw today. Roberts was absolutely outstanding last season, but just like our last season at this level he’s not looked up to the standard. Until there’s a viable alternative I’d stick with Vitinho there for his pace if nothing else. I reckon we sign two full backs in January.
This user liked this post: burnley007

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:28 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:53 pm
Trafford 9
Vitinho 7
Beyer 7
O’Shea 7
Taylor 6
Berge 8
Brownhill 8
JBG 6
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 7
JRod 4
Oh my goodness Mrs Trafford you’ve really excelled yourself today,did they let your guide dog sit and watch the game with you.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:31 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:18 pm
I dared to suggest a similarity to Dobbo at a home game but was shot down. I can still see it though.
This user liked this post: joey13

claretgimmer
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 693 times

Post by claretgimmer » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:32 pm

Trafford 4 Too much too soon for this young keeper. not sure Muric is the answer but he`s all we have, do the decent thing Vinny take him out of the firing line, he needs a season of championship football
Vitiniho 6 Thought overall he handled Martinelli well
Taylor 6 Typical CT performance steady but not spectacular
Beyer 6 Played ok but needs to beef up a bit, has to be stronger in the challenges
O Shea 4 What a waste of money, he brings nothing to the table IMO, we surely could have got better than him for the money
Brownhill 6 Scored a deflected goal but only ok otherwise
Berge 8 MoM He was everywhere and was involved effectively at the back and in midfield
JBG 6 Had a decent game, he`s just not up to the standard anymore
Rodriguez 5 Worked hard and covered a lot of ground but his hold up play was atrocious
Amdouni 5 Bit of an enigma, looks lazy out of possession, doesn`t seem to want to put the hard yards in but when he gets the ball he`s either brilliant or woeful running down blind alleys losing possession or misplacing passes
Koleosho 7 Not everything came off for him but what a threat he carries when it does, he was the one player that caused their defence most problems with his pace, him on one side Tella on the other would have been interesting

Subs 4 None made much difference

A decent performance overall but again the same weaknesses let us down, a lot of fans can see so why doesn`t VK or is he just being stupidly stubborn re certain players, it`s taken 12 games to finally find a system that gives us more stability as a team, just need to cut out the individual mistakes/weaknesses. UTC

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:38 pm

Trafford - 5
He made some top saves, but obviously messed up on their second. The other two were collective defensive mistakes however, they aren't all on Trafford.
Vitinho - 6
Taylor - 6
O Shea - 5 - Just not seeing a PL level defender in this guy. I think I prefer Delcroix of the available defenders
Beyer - 7
Berge - 8 - Making himself at home. Currently undroppable
Koleosho - 7 - did brilliantly for our goal
JBG - 6
Brownhill - 6
Amdouni - 5 - At some point this guy will ignite at this level. I just hope it's here and this season.
Jay - 5

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:40 pm

Trafford 5, just needs time.
Vitinho 8, who is this guy? Wow, improving at levels I never imagined
Taylor 7 excellent
Beyer 7 getting back to form
O Shea 6 solid. Not amazing, but improving
Brownhill 7 these 2 are really growing together
Berge 8 * MOM Really developing so quickly
Jbg 7 really solid, helps Vitinho.
Rodriguez 5 meh
Amdouni 6 moments of absolute class
Koleosho 6 rare moments, but worked so hard.

We really are improving so much atm.
Very positive signs.

Another couple of weeks with VK...who knows

burnley007
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:42 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:09 pm
I really never saw this in him.
Our most improved player atm

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2054 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:54 pm

On the plus side we actually looked more like a top flight team today. Sadly we failed to cut out the silly and costly mistakes

Trafford 4 - Chris Pearce-esque. One for the future but needs benching for a while

Vitinho 6 - decent performance. Far better than recent weeks.
O’Shea 3 - criminal mistakes again
Beyer 6 - pick of the defence.
Taylor 6 - decent

JBG 6 solid
Berge 7 - man of the match
Brownhill 7 much better than recent weeks
Amdouni 4 too anonymous at times
Rodriguez 4 as above

RHansburyEsq
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Post by RHansburyEsq » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:06 pm

Trafford 4 some good shot stopping but you need much more than that at this level and the crucial second goal in particular demonstrates this. Muric can’t do any worse on crosses and his distribution is demonstrably vastly superior.
Vitinho 7 I’ve been v critical but fair play a good game from him today
O’Shea 5 an accident waiting to happen. Part of the problem on set pieces
Beyer 6 as above but more better with the ball
Taylor 6 did what Charlie does
Guðmundsson 7 brings a bit more experience. Isn’t going to do anything dramatic but isn’t going to let you down either
Berge 8 played well
Brownhill 7 +1 for the goal
Koleosho 6 would be great coming on for last 30 mins as part of an experienced team. Cannot fault his effort.
Amdouni 5 I really want to like him, showed flashes and great with the ball at his feet running at defenders. But disappears for big periods and the little outside flick to no-one is wearing thin when it just gifts back possession.
Rodriguez 5 adds something a bit more defensively than Amdouni but now limited.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1148 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:31 pm

Trafford 3 no comment
Vitinho 7
O Shea 5
Beyer 6
Taylor 5
JBG 5
Berge 7
Brownhill 6
Koleosho 7
Amdouni 4
J Rod 5

Well done to most of the team today

HuncoatClaret
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by HuncoatClaret » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:11 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:18 pm
He reminds me of the late, great Paul Comstive.

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:27 pm

Trafford - 4 The sublime and the ridiculous. Looked better in possession because Arsenal let him get on with it for the most part. Two goals were unforgivable though.
Vit - 6 - An encouraging performance. He's growing.
O'Shea - 5 - Trossard beat him far too easily.
Beyer - 6 - Saka beat him far too easily for their first.
Taylor - 6 - Couple of decent crosses.
Berge - 7 - Did well generally. Can commentators stop calling him Burger?
Brownhill - 6 - Helped shore up a midfield.
JBG - 7 - Involved and carried some threat.
Koleosho - 6 - Hardly had a kick in the first half but showed what he's capable of. We need to see it more often with that end product.
Amdouni - 4 - I like him but wasn't much to like about todays shift. Defensively absent. Was there or there abouts numerous times but failed to impose himself whilst those around him were working hard to press.
Jay - 5 - Jay.