Burnley v West Ham - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Re: Burnley v West Ham - Player Ratings

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:15 pm
Yet by a number of the comments a lot of people obviously don’t know that’s our tactic.

I thought we were pretty seamless at playing out from Trafford yesterday - certainly the most effective and error-free we’ve been so far this season. In fact, had the game ended in the 86th minute I’m sure we’d be seeing ratings of 7,8 and 9’s across the board rather than 4’s and 5’s
I made the comment in my ratings about the time he is taking and I do understand our tactic.
West Ham’s so called press was half hearted at best - often they just let us have the ball just like Villa did. But every now and again Ings would kind of press us but he didn’t look his sharpest on Saturday and even if he was it’s pretty thankless when other players are not joining the press.

My issue was that too many times Trafford was waiting for a press that clearly was not coming and we had players like Taylor that were unmarked and no West Ham player near them. Delaying giving it to them allowed West Ham players to get closer to our full backs and then there is a different dynamic that the pass needs to be spot on, the control needs to be too….and you have less time to get your own pass correct.

I’d have to have another look at the Koleosho incident where you say we broke the press. From what I was seeing West Ham were not committing the number of players forward to a press for us to have a meaningful overload of players but I may be wrong and it worked a couple of times.

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Re: Burnley v West Ham - Player Ratings

Post by the_magic_rat » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:19 pm

Trafford 7

Vitinho 6
Beyer 7
O'Shea 7
Taylor 7

Gudmundsson 8
Brownhill 7