My first home game

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 102 times

My first home game

Post by Andreshotboots » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:20 pm

Due to illness today was my first home game of the season and boy does that hurt.

For what it's worth my thoughts though that we played so well against an excellent, well established Premier League side, and looked comfortable for so much of that game. I said to my lad on the way home sometimes you feel a goal is inevitable, and I just didn't get that feeling today although they huffed and puffed during the second half.

I just think we really just don't know how to win a game at the minute and use our heads to buy a foul, take an age to take it, get the ball in the corner and keep possession etc. we seemed panicky as that game went on and all the good stuff we had been doing seemed to disappear.

I agree with other posters, the substitutions were baffling and seemed to change the game, personally Ekdal and Roberts would habe certainly been on that pitch at 1-0 to try and add a bit more steel at the back and the addition of Zaroury and Cullen just didn't seem right at the time. The front two were causing WHU all sorts of problems and their pace was an out ball option to get in behind them and up and pitch.

I know it's easy for us managing from the sidelines, but I think Kompany has made some poor choices today.

However, don't give up hope, I've learned that over the last few weeks personally, Leicester pulled themselves out of the shite a few years ago at our expense, and we can do the same...UTC
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5664 times

Re: My first home game

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:22 pm

I'm not sure we will get out of it, I actually doubt we will but I'll not be turning on the guy who gave us last season any time soon. I'll leave the fickleness to others