Another random question…

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Middle-agedClaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 1121 times

Another random question…

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:10 pm

Good afternoon all
Hope someone can help me.
I normally do online shopping on a laptop, which allows me to use my Mc Afee “safe site” checker, and to check the security certification of sites.
I was on such a verified site last night, worked through the order - but there was nowhere to enter my card details. I thought it might be a cache issue, so I deleted my complete browsing history, all caches, etc. Made no difference.
Signing into the same site on my iPad, I could see the items I wanted in my basket - and this version of the site did have the checkout details.
Any idea what the issue is - and how to solve it?
Thanks in advance
UTC.

Jjjack
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Re: Another random question…

Post by Jjjack » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:37 pm

Can you advise what the site is?

Middle-agedClaret

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:38 pm

The White Company

Jjjack
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Jjjack » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Just been through the whole process and it had the standard enter card details form at the bottom. It may have been the browser you were using not loading whatever they use to process payments - especially if you are using a browser with any addons or blockers. I'm trying to search Google for this issue but it doesn't seem like a very common one, very strange.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:29 pm

Middle-agedClaret wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:10 pm
Good afternoon all
Hope someone can help me.
I normally do online shopping on a laptop, which allows me to use my Mc Afee “safe site” checker, and to check the security certification of sites.
I was on such a verified site last night, worked through the order - but there was nowhere to enter my card details. I thought it might be a cache issue, so I deleted my complete browsing history, all caches, etc. Made no difference.
Signing into the same site on my iPad, I could see the items I wanted in my basket - and this version of the site did have the checkout details.
Any idea what the issue is - and how to solve it?
Thanks in advance
UTC.
try hard resetting the webpage, you'll have to google it because I don't know which browser you use

Middle-agedClaret

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm

Many thanks to Jjjack and Vegas for taking the time and trouble to have a look. I will try to apply your good advice.

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:59 pm

Check that your browser is not set to block third party or "cross site" cookies.

Some browsers have it enabled by default for your security