Holistic Therapies

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Holistic Therapies

Post by Anonymous Claret » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:00 am

I will try to inject a little positivity into this board.

Does anyone either practice or receive holistic therapies such as Reiki, Relexology and Meditation etc.?

Personally I have prayed (not religious btw) and meditated daily for about 15 years or so. I also became a level 1 Reiki practitioner a couple of years ago and I have had periods where I have given Reiki to others and also periods where I have given myself Reiki self healing.

I have found that by practising prayer, meditation and Reiki along with other alternative therapies it improves my emotional, mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else on here has tapped into anything similar.

ClaretsPadiham
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Re: Holistic Therapies

Post by ClaretsPadiham » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:03 am

Is it Scott ?

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 am

I think alternative therapies can be a great source of comfort and support for people.

What I do not agree with is those therapies purporting to help with physical ailments. I was at a winter market in Cumbria a couple of weeks ago and a man was selling magnets that supposedly helped with a variety of conditions, including pain management and blood pressure etc. It shouldn't be allowed.
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

Anonymous Claret

Post by Anonymous Claret » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:33 am

ClaretsPadiham wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:03 am
Is it Scott ?
No it isn't Scott. I have known Scott for over 35 years though. i only found out he was a Reiki Master a year or so ago.

Anonymous Claret

Post by Anonymous Claret » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:42 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 am
I think alternative therapies can be a great source of comfort and support for people.

What I do not agree with is those therapies purporting to help with physical ailments. I was at a winter market in Cumbria a couple of weeks ago and a man was selling magnets that supposedly helped with a variety of conditions, including pain management and blood pressure etc. It shouldn't be allowed.
Yes there are some con merchants out there but I have found that most people in this field are genuine.

Even King Charles has appointed a pro homeopathy doctor in charge of the Royal medical households.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:45 pm

Having studied it quite a bit I don't think you should underestimate the Placebo effect. If someone believes in it the effects can be startling if not it may prove ineffective. Homeopathy is perfect example. In the Samaritans there is a notice about addiction saying if they want to give up you can say nothing wrong if they don't you can say nothing right. Being able to control your own body is something we haven't really got a handle on yet.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:21 pm

Homeopathy is disingenuous, dangerous claptrap

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:25 pm

Anonymous Claret wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:42 am
Even King Charles has appointed a pro homeopathy doctor in charge of the Royal medical households.
I suppose it's up to him, as long as he doesn't start pushing homeopathic 'medicine' on the NHS, like he has done in the past.
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret