Sack Dyche - Sack Kompany

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Sack Dyche - Sack Kompany

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:46 am

Many of those who have been banging on about sacking VK for weeks on end are the very same ones who were continually banging on about sacking Dyche, and the most laughing thing is that some of the SD/VK Out crowd are now saying we shouldn't have sacked Dyche.

If you want VK potted, then fair enough, but don't try rewriting history, because it will only make you look like a numpty as well as a massive hypocrite.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Re: Sack Dyche - Sack Kompany

Post by alboclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:52 am

I think sacking dyche was about right at the time. My god it was bad and just best all round for all parties. . He was going down a dead end. He wouldn't have fetched us a season like last year, I'm fairly sure.
I'd be surprised if they pot vk.
I'm no fussed tbh either way.
One thing that is starting to niggle at me is did we just get really lucky last season with the loans and young players going to the wire to play for a big named vk.
Will that happen again. 🤔 I'm no too sure
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:54 am

Dyche was the best manager in my lifetime but it was left too late to sack him if anything. It'd become stale and it was the right time to leave.
As for VK I'm now at the point I'd like him to stay and change but if I read the news today that he'd been sacked I wouldn't bat an eyelid, he'd only have himself to blame.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:28 am

Dyche going was correct, his spark had gone out here. The time arguably wasn’t great and it should have been done in the transfer window months earlier.

This one is more difficult, if VK has signed these players then imo he is fully accountable for this mess and needs to go before it gets worse. If Alan/board are signing the players then it’s not all at Vinnies door is it.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1412 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:55 am

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:46 am
Many of those who have been banging on about sacking VK for weeks on end are the very same ones who were continually banging on about sacking Dyche, and the most laughing thing is that some of the SD/VK Out crowd are now saying we shouldn't have sacked Dyche.
Careful... have you not read the tread about 'abusive posters'?
In my experience here and indeed on other forums, there are few things that upset people more than having the temerity to remind them of what they said a few months, weeks or at times even just days before. ;)
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Clovius Boofus

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:12 am

I was against sacking Dyche either at the time or end of the season, felt he had the track record to either pull off narrow survival or rebuild and rebound and while things had gotten grim there was a lot of mitigating context in terms of investment.

I'm currently against sacking Kompany but can see more of the case for it given how bad we are having spent so much. For me he has 11-12 months- if we go down and we're not in the automatics by next November we need a swap. Whatever model we operate can't function with more than 1 year at a time in the Championship, done it to death on here before.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2473 times
Has Liked: 2010 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:12 am

SD shouldn’t have been sacked and neither should VK be now.
SD was sh1t on as the club was being sold.
VK has made some poor decisions but I’m sure he is learning all the time and whatever this seasons outcome he will be better for it.
SD kept us up signing experienced PL guys who knew the league and what was needed. Yesterdays side had only 3 players, Berge, Brownhill & JRod, that had appeared in the PL before this term. Not all the imports will have settled and some will show better in future.
It’s been taken on from the wrong perspective for me but as a supporter I’ll live with it and support them.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:17 am

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:46 am

If you want VK potted, then fair enough, but don't try rewriting history, because it will only make you look like a numpty as well as a massive hypocrite.
I was one of those who wanted Dyche out. At no point should we be even considering sacking VK.

Claretnick
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:21 am

I think it would be extremely foolish to sack VK now.
I personally think SD spent too long with us and had become bored and stale. Maybe he should have been honest with AP when he offered the new contract to him, but who would walk away from a lucrative new deal?

Targetman
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Targetman » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:45 pm

Claretnick wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:21 am
I think it would be extremely foolish to sack VK now.
I personally think SD spent too long with us and had become bored and stale. Maybe he should have been honest with AP when he offered the new contract to him, but who would walk away from a lucrative new deal?
Maybe more pertinent to ask who would offer an employee a new lucrative deal and then fire him just a matter of weeks later?
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:47 pm

Looking how it has panned out, it would never have worked between Pace and Dyche. One wants experienced battle hardened players, the other wants youth + potential profit

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:55 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:47 pm
Looking how it has panned out, it would never have worked between Pace and Dyche. One wants experienced battle hardened players, the other wants youth + potential profit
Strange that - there’s me thinking McNeil, Branthwaite, Garner, Dobbin, Patterson, and Onana are all 24 or under.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:18 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:55 pm
Strange that - there’s me thinking McNeil, Branthwaite, Garner, Dobbin, Patterson, and Onana are all 24 or under.
How many of those did Dyche buy?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:20 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:18 pm
How many of those did Dyche buy?
Playing them isn’t he?

Claretnick
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:26 pm

Targetman wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:45 pm
Maybe more pertinent to ask who would offer an employee a new lucrative deal and then fire him just a matter of weeks later?
Yes I agree it was all very strange and not great decision making by the owner. It seems weird that the relationship deteriorated so quickly.
I still got the impression though that SD was treading water at times during that final season with us.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:26 pm

I believed (and still do) that Dyche’s time was up with us. To be honest, I think it was a year or two too long and should maybe have gone when he started badmouthing the board around the lockdown period.

Vincent must be on very thin ice. Squandered loads of money in the summer, players some were saying were worth £40,000,000 last year that can’t get in the team, his crazy belief there’s a £100,000,000 player in this squad and that pony he came out with about the City game being the worst we’ll play all season making him look an absolute embarrassment. His reluctance to drop Trafford is also embarrassing. He’s just humiliating himself.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:15 pm

The decision to sack Dyche when they did was the right call at the time.
Both the club and he were going in different directions.

I certainly wouldn't want VK to be sacked this season. He has quite clearly shown that he knows how to play "football".
What we don't know is the relationship between his football strategy and the clubs business strategy.
Take Trafford for example;- Was it Vk who wanted him ?
Did VK want a shed load of wingers at the expense of other positions ?
It certainly seems a lot of decisions have been made for potential future profits rather than the here and now.
VK can't be blamed for that.