for all the premature whingers

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18288 times

Re: for all the premature whingers

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:29 pm

Don'tcha just love UTC ...

Burnley win away and it turns into a slag fest AGAIN ... folks cannot praise the lads ... instead the usual suspects use it to have a willy waving contest ...

Bloody hell give it a rest you idiots
ITS CHRISTMAS fer ffs
These 8 users liked this post: CoolClaret k90bfc boatshed bill jedi_master Clovius Boofus bfcjg longsidepies yosserhughes

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:43 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:22 pm
We won because we were absolutely excellent in the second half and defensively resolute. We struggled in the first half undoubtedly but we took our chances and they didn’t. For all their possession first half (and shots) they never had anything clear cut.
Absolutely. Everton aside we’ve had a good run of decent performances. Whether it’s too late or not to save our season we’ll find out, but at least we look like we’re going to give it a go!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:47 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:57 pm
That is such a weird comment about "Nori and his pals" having their day in the sun, surely it's a day in the sun for all of us, you included.
Unless 🤔

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:48 pm

Bit of an indictment that this thread has got more engagement than any of the other threads following a good 2-0 win away at Fulham

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1509 times
Has Liked: 582 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:53 pm

While the OP is a clear wind up merchant, there’s been some pretty poor stuff from some sections of the fanbase really - falling over themselves to commend the Blades last night, practically writing off today’s game etc. Let’s crack on and get behind them rather the sometimes hyper-analytical criticism.
These 2 users liked this post: Benson RVclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:58 pm

Anyone seen Newcastle Claret again? Just goes missing when we win….. blatant troll.

Bumba, Stayindown4ever and Westleigh also not posting tonight? No support for the club they’re fans of after a good away win?

So we’re only posting after the team loses?

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:58 pm
Anyone seen Newcastle Claret again? Just goes missing when we win….. blatant troll.

Bumba, Stayindown4ever and Westleigh also not posting tonight? No support for the club they’re fans of after a good away win?

Newcastle will be on shortly to claim that he’s been working
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat NewClaret

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:02 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:53 pm
While the OP is a clear wind up merchant, there’s been some pretty poor stuff from some sections of the fanbase really - falling over themselves to commend the Blades last night, practically writing off today’s game etc. Let’s crack on and get behind them rather the sometimes hyper-analytical criticism.
I am not one to agree with the OP (and he will agree about that) but he has it spot on ... as this thread has proved

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:58 pm

You’re forgetting Superjohnyfrancis

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:13 pm

Benson wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:10 pm
StayingDown4ever is another.
Hiya - I’m here. Decent second half today I thought. Miraculously weathered the storm in the first half and other sides would have put us to the sword but can’t complain at that result this afternoon.
These 3 users liked this post: Carwin261 Bosscat longsidepies

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:21 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:13 pm
Hiya - I’m here. Decent second half today I thought. Miraculously weathered the storm in the first half and other sides would have put us to the sword but can’t complain at that result this afternoon.

Poor result for your lot today considering you were 1-0 up in the 83rd minute.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:22 pm

Benson wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:21 pm

Poor result for your lot today considering you were 1-0 up in the 83rd minute.
We won 2-0 pal. Enjoy the victory and your Christmas 👍🏼

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:09 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:22 pm
We won 2-0 pal. Enjoy the victory and your Christmas 👍🏼

I did and I will 👍

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5092 times
Has Liked: 6915 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:28 pm

Vincent'sCap wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:17 pm
This thread proving its a dick waving contest,no wonder it gets quieter by the day on here as decent posters desert a sinking ship.
If you insist
1406934075448_wps_3_THE_late_comedian_Dick_Em.jpg
1406934075448_wps_3_THE_late_comedian_Dick_Em.jpg (220.58 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Croydon Claret CnBtruntru

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:31 pm

This board is very quiet tonight. Not much by the way of congratulations, happiness, or posts at all, from our resident moaners.

How strange? Anyone would think they weren’t clarets and just trolls.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:04 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 pm
You crack on believing, one of us will be wrong and the other right.

Yet again, personal attacks just let go without action.
Pots and Kettles 🤣🤣🤣

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5564 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:07 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 pm
You crack on believing, one of us will be wrong and the other right.

Yet again, personal attacks just let go without action.
What do you mean by "believing"?

I'm just looking at the facts. Burnley have had a good away win. I'm happy, you appear not to be. We all know your gripes ( you post them enough times every day) but I don't understand why you would not be celebrating a win.

I can only assume your need to be "right" is more important than the team you support succeeding, but that would be a bit weird, wouldn't it?

Steddyman
Been Liked: 625 times
Has Liked: 492 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:07 pm

To the op, you misspelled it. It is Premature Wingers. We have too many and they have yet to get fully up to speed.

wbfc
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by wbfc » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:17 pm

I have been a fan for 50 years there is nobody more pleased and excited by today's win...but I still think we will finish bottom...

There is no shame in that...this is a very tough league...

We need another striker even for the championship another centre half and 2 full backs

So in my view we are in a slightly better position than when Dyche left

If Leicester, Leeds and Southampton go up we should have a chance of doing well

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:49 pm

wbfc wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:17 pm
I have been a fan for 50 years there is nobody more pleased and excited by today's win...but I still think we will finish bottom...

We need another striker even for the championship another centre half and 2 full backs

⬆️⬆️⬆️

One win and you all seem to forget the chaos of previous games. Kompany may well be a manager up for the job in the Premier League in the future, right now he’s not.

Burnley need a manager that’s got the experience, knowledge and abilities to reflect and make changes where they’re needed and more importantly when they’re needed.

wbfc
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by wbfc » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:36 am

I am not a massive VK fan ...I said I think we will finish bottom...but we have done better since about 2009 giving managers time ...

He deserves purely on last years success to get the rest of this season and the first third of next year

If he was being judged on performances and results this year there are numerous times he could have been potted

Personally I am buzzing with the win sounded we were a bit lucky in the first half and defended a bit better in the first half ..but that is football and second half we scored two good goals and kept Fulham at bay...

I am not saying we are going to win anymore than the odd game here or there but you need to enjoy in this season any win at all

Fulham is my favourite away day ...I start at the Green man on putney Common and walk down to putney High Street, enjoy the walk through the park and then go up to Covent Garden after the game ...I wish I had the faith to go yesterday a perfect day before Christmas

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:13 am

Great performance against a free scoring Fulham team .We are on the up but I know there's always some who want more. Enjoy the result and Xmas UTC

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:26 am

wbfc wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:17 pm

Slightly better position than when Dyche left!! I’d say we’re in a much better position. An exciting young manager and squad that keeps getting better. When Dyche left we we on a downward spiral with an ageing squad and no I’m not blaming Dyche, it was the boards fault for not investing.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:33 am

Carwin261 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:12 pm
Westleigh banned for telling a few home truths about Nori bullying.
How do you know he was banned and the reason for it? It doesn't take Einstein to work this one out, does it.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:36 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:49 pm
⬆️⬆️⬆️

One win and you all seem to forget the chaos of previous games. Kompany may well be a manager up for the job in the Premier League in the future, right now he’s not.

Burnley need a manager that’s got the experience, knowledge and abilities to reflect and make changes where they’re needed and more importantly when they’re needed.
Apart from Everton recent performances have been much improved. I don't know what you have been watching to be honest.

● We played well against Palace, 4/11 and were robbed.
● We played well at Arsenal, and took the lead but they were too strong, they are top of the league after all.
● Were beating West Ham until 84th min and should have closed the game out. - bad subs cost us, i'll give you that one, but hardly a dismissal offence by VK.
● Absolutely thumped the blades.
● Other than a stupid mistake at the back would have had a point at Molyneux.
● Great point at Brighton.
● Shocker against Everton - i'll give you that.
● Fantastic win yesterday.

I don't get why people would call for him to be sacked. Yes it's frustrating, but I think we are getting there. It's been incredibly difficult for these young men to adapt. Hopefully we are getting there.

TPClaret

Post by TPClaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:43 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:36 am
Apart from Everton recent performances have been much improved. I don't know what you have been watching to be honest.

● We played well against Palace, 4/11 and were robbed.
● We played well at Arsenal, and took the lead but they were too strong, they are top of the league after all.
● Were beating West Ham until 84th min and should have closed the game out. - bad subs cost us, i'll give you that one, but hardly a dismissal offence by VK.
● Absolutely thumped the blades.
● Other than a stupid mistake at the back would have had a point at Molyneux.
● Great point at Brighton.
● Shocker against Everton - i'll give you that.
● Fantastic win yesterday.

I don't get why people would call for him to be sacked. Yes it's frustrating, but I think we are getting there. It's been incredibly difficult for these young men to adapt. Hopefully we are getting there.
I am finding this season more interesting than last season. Watching the manager and team adapt to the Premier League. Yes it’s frustrating at times. People to quick to sack managers these days.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie JimmyRobbo

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:45 am

TPClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:43 am
I am finding this season more interesting than last season. Watching the manager and team adapt to the Premier League. Yes it’s frustrating at times. People to quick to sack managers these days.
Interesting perhaps. Certainly not more enjoyable, can't beat the feeling of turning up at the Turf or travelling away expecting to win. It was superb last season.

I also can't stand VAR. Classic example being Forest away of how it works against us.

No way do the board consider removing Vinnny.

TPClaret

Post by TPClaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:20 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:45 am
Interesting perhaps. Certainly not more enjoyable, can't beat the feeling of turning up at the Turf or travelling away expecting to win. It was superb last season.

I also can't stand VAR. Classic example being Forest away of how it works against us.

No way do the board consider removing Vinnny.
Should definitely have more points, than we have. Last season was superb. That’s why I’d definitely stick with VK.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:28 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:49 pm
⬆️⬆️
No. Burnley need the fans to get their head out of their arses and support the team. The vast majority do but like with a lot of things in life, the vocal minority are the loudest and spoil things.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat JimmyRobbo

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 2923 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:30 am

Must admit I wondered if his stubbornness was going to ultimately cost us, but there is no doubt that fight and battle in the team that second half was something we haven't seen enough this season.

Also, come on, we are all fans, criticism was absolutely just when we play poorly and things are not working, but also enjoy the great times and performances like that second half yesterday.

it's all about opinions, for sure, but this need to jump down everyone's throat to try and prove you were right and they were wrong is just daft.

We all ultimately want the same things, success for our club and Town. UTC.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:55 am

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:30 am
Must admit I wondered if his stubbornness was going to ultimately cost us, but there is no doubt that fight and battle in the team that second half was something we haven't seen enough this season.

Also, come on, we are all fans, criticism was absolutely just when we play poorly and things are not working, but also enjoy the great times and performances like that second half yesterday.

it's all about opinions, for sure, but this need to jump down everyone's throat to try and prove you were right and they were wrong is just daft.

We all ultimately want the same things, success for our club and Town. UTC.
How dare you post a balanced view.🙈😂

I’m expecting some to spontaneously combust if we win two in a row this season. Every time we win the ranters come out in force decrying any criticism of their messiah just like when Dyche was losing every game and he couldn’t be criticised either like he was their family member.

The time for crowing and backslapping will be when we survive I would have thought.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:08 am

Morning guys. I could perhaps be classed as a negative poster of late but certainly not a whinger!
OP is calling out premature whingers. I don’t think people offering constructive criticism when we were rock bottom of the league were premature though.
Good win yesterday. Two well taken goals and hopefully a confidence booster prior to two tricky fixtures. O’Shea played well also which was pleasing.
Although it was a decent performance we still persisted with dicking about with the ball at the back though trying to play Pep football when clearly we aren’t capable of doing it. Twice we nearly lost the ball in dangerous positions and other times because the ball had become like a hot potato we had to lump it forwards anyway.
Anyway, onwards, and hopefully upwards. UTC.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:26 am

I don’t think anyone is decrying those with genuine constructive criticism as whingers.

The group of individuals on this thread who have been pointed out were nowhere near constructive though. At least one sought to tear down our keeper at any opportunity, even trying to get the name ‘calamity’ to stick.

Fwiw, it’s one game and it’s encouraging but let’s not start planning next summers PL away travel just yet.

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:43 am

Brilliant day out . Went for the usual great day out in the pubs around putney but expected 0 points so even better. My only whinge is that the train i went for on the return was cancelled . We had to wait for the next one on the platform when we could of had another pint !

Clovius Boofus

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:50 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:26 am
I don’t think anyone is decrying those with genuine constructive criticism as whingers.

The group of individuals on this thread who have been pointed out were nowhere near constructive though.
Yes, nothing wrong with constructive criticism and many of those posts are well worth reading, but there can be doubt that there are a handful of people on here, a couple of them with loads of usernames in the bank, who are screwing this place over with their trolling.

Thing is, trolls kill forums, and this is what a couple of them are trying to do.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:22 pm

Quite sad that a different viewpoint is considered “trolling” some people will argue about anything on the Internet.

It’s good to see Trafford keep the second clean sheet of the season but I think his ( tongue in cheek) nickname was justified by his early performances. If he continues to improve then great he won’t be as a liability anymore.
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Clovius Boofus

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:40 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:22 pm
Quite sad that a different viewpoint is considered “trolling” some people will argue about anything on the Internet.
Did you read my post? I thought it was easy to understand and self-explanatory when I said there was nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:02 pm

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:40 pm
Did you read my post? I thought it was easy to understand and self-explanatory when I said there was nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
I wasn’t replying to you just making a general observation 👍

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:10 pm

First half was a classic 'us' - look really good for 10mins, struggle to create much clear cut, fade and then hand initiative to the opposition.

Second half we cane out stro gky again but pressed them more, turned over the ball in dangerous areas and took o e of the 2 half chances we created. Then we stayed solid and saw the game out.

A good performance and points away in this league are always well won.

After the bitter disappointment of a capitulation against Everton this was a welcome response. We've taken 7 points from the last 15 and if we can keep that up we will be safe. Its a big if though because we still look a bit lost at times

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:17 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:10 pm
First half was a classic 'us' - look really good for 10mins, struggle to create much clear cut, fade and then hand initiative to the opposition.

Second half we cane out stro gky again but pressed them more, turned over the ball in dangerous areas and took o e of the 2 half chances we created. Then we stayed solid and saw the game out.

A good performance and points away in this league are always well won.

After the bitter disappointment of a capitulation against Everton this was a welcome response. We've taken 7 points from the last 15 and if we can keep that up we will be safe. Its a big if though because we still look a bit lost at times
I think the 2nd half line up was probably more like the one Kompany envisaged when he signed the players in the summer

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:56 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:17 pm
I think the 2nd half line up was probably more like the one Kompany envisaged when he signed the players in the summer
I watched all of it and I'm happy to be contradicted but it looked like a pretty standard 4-4-2 to me. I'm not sure that was what VK intended

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:01 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:56 pm
I watched all of it and I'm happy to be contradicted but it looked like a pretty standard 4-4-2 to me. I'm not sure that was what VK intended
Line up... As in players available

Iam sure odobert and Tresor were signed as starters
Foster back in team
Bayer fit
Not something we've had prior to yesterday for various reasons

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:10 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:28 am
No. Burnley need the fans to get their head out of their arses and support the team. The vast majority do but like with a lot of things in life, the vocal minority are the loudest and spoil things.
So we’re not allowed an option, because you disagree with that opinion?

Boscat; stop ‘liking’ every post, say something or leave me alone.

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:23 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:01 pm
Line up... As in players available

Iam sure odobert and Tresor were signed as starters
Foster back in team
Bayer fit
Not something we've had prior to yesterday for various reasons
Apart from the fact that he even went as far as playing Roberts at Left Back as opposed to Taylor and Al Dhakil at Right Back as opposed to Vitinho and Bruun Larsen got selected yesterday and not Tresor.

Not to mention he preferred Cullen to Brownhill and played Berge further forward.

And don't forget the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health - that was exactly the team VK intended to pay at the start of the season.

So, I agree with you Nori old boy. Tis the season for agreeable agreement I think...! And a single malt at lunch time.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:30 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:23 pm
Apart from the fact that he even went as far as playing Roberts at Left Back as opposed to Taylor and Al Dhakil at Right Back as opposed to Vitinho and Bruun Larsen got selected yesterday and not Tresor.

Not to mention he preferred Cullen to Brownhill and played Berge further forward.

And don't forget the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health - that was exactly the team VK intended to pay at the start of the season.

So, I agree with you Nori old boy. Tis the season for agreeable agreement I think...! And a single malt at lunch time.
Whatever...

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:38 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:30 pm
Whatever...
Kerboom - a 3 syllable comeback....!

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:10 pm

Nothing wrong with opinion, it’s the repetition that gets tiresome.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:14 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:10 pm

Who is Boscat 🤣🤣🤣

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:18 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:14 pm
Who is Boscat 🤣🤣🤣
It appears that he has a tendency to replicate usernames by omitting one character from the initial half of the name

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:15 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:14 pm
Who is Boscat 🤣🤣🤣
B O S S C A T