Rating the New Signings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Rating the New Signings

Post by Roosterbooster » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:57 pm

Interested in others' thoughts
I have scored some low marks here. But I think most signings are at least beginning to show signs

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 -Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

Trafford 5.5 He is beginning to improve and winning us points
Vigouroux N/A
O'Shae 6 Getting better. Also starting to dictate the back 4
Delcroix 5 Maybe OK at LCB, not a LB
Berge 8 On his way to PoS
Massengo N/A
Ramsey 5.5 Saw some superb glimpses against Man U. I think more is to come
Koleosho 7 Incredibly, I think his injury is giving an even better youngster a chance to shine
Odobert 7.5
Redmond 6 I think he will be useful at some point. He has looked tidy when he's come on
Tresor 6 Really looked poor to start with. But I can see why he came with the reputation and pricetag. I think he will be a starter soon
Bruun Larsen 6.5 Looks like he has promise. But some poor halves. He is a goalthreat though. And a good outlet for the RB
Amdouni 6 The enigma. I think he's our most gifted player. And he has shown some superb glimpses so far. He's that good, I'd almost build the team around him. But we don't quite have that luxury atm. And I get some of the criticism about him being a luxury. I just hope we manage to stay up and keep him. I expect a better second half of the season from him

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: Rating the New Signings

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:34 pm

I will give it a go.
Trafford 7, needs to eat some pies and do gym work. Good keeper.
Vigouroux who knows
O'Shae 6 young lad, along side a young lad, not easy.
Delcroix 5 stop gap because Ekdal got injured..
Berge 6 no Joey Barton, what we need right now.
Massengo N/A
Ramsey 5 again light weight, needs to gain strength, looks good in parts
Koleosho 8 amazingly gifted player for his age.really feel for him being injured
Odobert 8.5, as crazy as it seems he could be better than Koleosho.
Redmond5 he is 29 , stop gap.
Tresor 6 watched several videos on him and he has skills , needs time to adapt
Bruun Larsen 7 I think he works very hard and at times has some good end product. I think he will do well in time.
Amdouni 8 love him, think he has loads of quality. Just think time will see him get physically stronger and improve. But you cannot coach natural ability which he has.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 756 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:49 pm

These ratings can obviously change, and mine are just rating the player, rather than rating for how much of a good / bad signing they have been.

Trafford 5 - Look clearly he will be a good goalkeeper in time, but just not yet.
Vigouroux - Haven't seen him play
O'Shea - 5 - Give him his dues, he has bottle, but not got the required skills for the way we want to play.
Delcroix 4 - Just not having him at all
Berge 7 - Wasn't keen at first, but he's got better every month
Massengo - Haven't seen him play
Ramsey 4 - Too lightweight, has ability
Koleosho 7 - Fearless
Odobert 7 - For a 19 year old, showing lots of promise
Redmond 5 - We need to utilise him more
Tresor 5 - Think he could come good, how quickly I' not sure. Reminds me of Foster last season, there is a player there
Bruun Larsen 6 - Like his attitude, starting to blow hot and cold
Amdouni 6 - Just think he's too much of a luxury, will probably boss the championship if he stays

I'm not saying we have signed bad players, but these ratings are based on how they have performed so far. There is great potential in most of them, so I'll keep getting behind them as much as possible, as should we all

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:10 pm

Impossible task at the moment. Try again in 12 months
Ps Sander Berge 10

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5093 times
Has Liked: 6919 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:10 pm

Trafford 6, improving needs better distribution though.
Vigouroux N/A
O'Shae 6 Showing glimpses of real potential
Delcroix 5 not quite hitting the mark
Berge 8.5 what a talent.
Massengo N/A
Ramsey 6 if he cuts out mistakes he will becacreal asset
Koleosho 8 superb attacking threat,terrifies defenders,gutted for him.
Odobert 8 how good could he be ?
Redmond 6 hard to mark with just cameo roles but very intelligent.
Tresor 6 once he gets used yo the Premier league pace andvefgort required he'll be some player.
Bruun Larsen 6 lots of talent but also lazy attitude IMHO
Amdouni 6.5 So frustrating he can be excellent but anonymous.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1774 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:29 pm

These ratings are the quality of signing to stay in the league

Trafford - 6 - shouldn’t be near the first team, needs a serious contender to challenge him for his place and should be loaned out to a Championship club

Vigouroux - 2 - not a realistic backup GK

O'Shea - 6 - decent signing but no better than players we had last season, may take time to bed in

Delcroix - 4 - won’t cut it, as this level I doubt

Berge - 8 - best signing of the season, on paper too

Massengo - 3 - meh

Ramsey - 3 - might as well play me instead for this season. Not ready for this level yet

Koleosho - 7 - got a player here. Worried that we’re pinning our hopes on staying up on him getting fit again

Odobert - 6 - another one for future, still very young I fear he’ll become anonymous as opposition players sus him out.

Redmond - 6 - should've made more signings like this

Tresor - 3 - eighteen.million.pounds!!

Bruun Larsen - 7 - decent signing

Amdouni - 5 - shown some flashes. Won’t score more than 5 goals this season though

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2574 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:33 pm

Trafford 6 - he's making errors that are leading to goals (despite what some stats might suggest), but I think he's showing some bottle to push through some very difficult moments to keep improving.

Vigouroux - no rating

O'Shea 6 - similar to Trafford, he's making errors that are leading to goals, but again he's showing some real bottle to keep pushing through them and he's having more good games than poor games now.

Delcroix 4 - a very poor signing for me. Far, far too underpowered to play in this league, but for a £1m signing these days what can you expect.

Berge 8 - since he was played in his correct position, he's been by far our best player and best signing.

Massengo - no rating, but would like to see what he's about.

Ramsey 5 - a real mixed bag for me. It seems striking that in the two games where he's looked good (Man Utd and his sub appearance against West Ham), he's played through the middle. When he's played out wide, he's looked lightweight and ineffective. When he returns from his injury, I'd like to see him given minutes through the middle where he's looked good on the ball and been willing to make runs in behind.

Koleosho 7 - such a shame his injury occurred just after he got his first goal, because up until then the criticism was that his end product didn't come close to matching his approach play. Hopefully he's back soonish.

Odobert 7 - he's certainly grasped his opportunity since the Koleosho injury. Absolutely needs to work on his all round game, but the hardest part seems to come naturally for him. Perhaps has the highest ceiling of anyone on this list.

Redmond 6 - difficult to rate because he's been so under-used, to the detriment of the team in my opinion. I think he'd fill the wide role making Tell-style out-to-in runs very well if given a chance.

Tresor 4 - the biggest disappointment on this list. I can't ignore the number of times he's looked thoroughly disinterested, although some of that might be down to personality. That said, there were some green shoots against Fulham that I hope is indicative of him adapting to what's required.

Bruun Larsen 6 - some very good stuff, some very poor stuff.

Amdouni 6 - frustrating is the word I'd use. This boy clearly has a bit of magic to his game, his finishes against Forest and Sheff Utd were technically brilliant, but too often he's expecting the game to come to him rather than actively affecting it, to use a Dycheism. He could be a top, top player for us if he can work on his physicality and movement.

taio
Been Liked: 3249 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:37 pm

Trafford 6
Vigouroux n/a
O'Shea 6
Delcroix 4
Berge 8
Massengo n/a
Ramsey 5
Koleosho 7
Odobert 7
Redmond 5
Tresor 5
Bruun Larsen 5
Amdouni 6

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:52 pm

Doesn’t feel fair to rate players after 18 games when there is a bedding in period for most in this league. No surprise that of the first choice starters Berge and Brownhill are two of the best so far and they also have a lot of experience in this league.

Let’s just recognise that they are all improving steadily - all the young players seem to be apart from the ones not getting minutes.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:12 pm

Trafford 5 right player, wrong time.
Vigouroux na
O Shea 7 best we could afford
Berge 9 brilliant signing, which is what we needed for years.
Massengo na
Ramsey 3 one for the future
Koleosho 10 hit the jackpot
Odobert 10 will be a PL superstar
Redmond 6 really good squad player
Tresor 4 he must be disappointed
Brun Larsen 4 promises to deceive
Amdouni 6 VK thinks he's the dogs boll#;ks
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:25 pm

Trafford 8 needs to improve on crosses and bossing his area. Outstanding shot stopper and distribution is good but of course not on a par with Muric - few are, but better than many
Vigouroux n/a
O'Shea 5 clearly Championship standard so far
Delcroix 4 looks weak
Berge 8 a solid addition, PL quality
Massengo n/a
Ramsey 4 nothing to justify his fee, but not played in a consistent position
Koleosho 8 - the brightest star so far
Odobert 7 has a goal threat
Redmond 5 not had much of a chance
Tresor 5 shows you can’t trust stats all the time
Bruun Larsen 7 lots of good moments
Amdouni 6 improving all the time