Cricket field stand yesterday - anyone see any trouble?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2637 times
Has Liked: 6468 times

Cricket field stand yesterday - anyone see any trouble?

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:45 pm

I don’t want this to turn into a slanging match, and if it descends into stupidity I’m happy for the mods to remove the post.

What I’d like to ask is if anyone saw anything untoward happening in block 13 towards the end of the game?

I don’t want any names or very specific details, but it would be helpful if I had an idea of what happened. Normally I would attend all home games, but couldn’t make it up for this one and a family member allowed a friend of theirs to use my ticket for the game and the club have contacted me for more info about who used my season ticket.

Thanks in advance.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Re: Cricket field stand yesterday - anyone see any trouble?

Post by IanMcL » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:49 pm

A ban for Rick!

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:55 pm

I noticed a few more drunks, down to the later kick off, I assume.
Other than that, no.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:18 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:49 pm
A ban for Rick!
Thanks Ian, that may well be what happens :cry:

criminalclaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 72 times

Post by criminalclaret » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:21 pm

I hope it's a mix up and your mate did nothing wrong.

I'd be fuming if I gave away a free ticket only to be on the hook for any misgivings.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3814 times
Has Liked: 12505 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:23 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:45 pm
I don’t want this to turn into a slanging match, and if it descends into stupidity I’m happy for the mods to remove the post.

What I’d like to ask is if anyone saw anything untoward happening in block 13 towards the end of the game?

I don’t want any names or very specific details, but it would be helpful if I had an idea of what happened. Normally I would attend all home games, but couldn’t make it up for this one and a family member allowed a friend of theirs to use my ticket for the game and the club have contacted me for more info about who used my season ticket.

Thanks in advance.
Have you not asked the person who used the ticket if anything untoward happened?

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:23 pm
Have you not asked the person who used the ticket if anything untoward happened?
I have, but it would be good to get more info from impartial fans too, hence asking

ac99
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by ac99 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Are you the guy who sits in front of my son, Oli and his wife, Chloe? If so we saw everything that happened and the lad who got chucked out did very little wrong at all.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:10 pm

ac99 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:59 pm
Are you the guy who sits in front of my son, Oli and his wife, Chloe? If so we saw everything that happened and the lad who got chucked out did very little wrong at all.
Thanks for that, yes - it is me who sits in front of you. Appreciate the info, from someone I can trust, it corroborates what I was told too.

ac99

Post by ac99 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:19 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:10 pm
Thanks for that, yes - it is me who sits in front of you. Appreciate the info, from someone I can trust, it corroborates what I was told too.
Oli obviously saw things better than me and he was amazed that he got thrown out. As far as I could see, after their goal was disallowed for the Salah offside, he stood with his foot on the seat in front of him gesticulating at the away fans like most were tbh. We could see a Liverpool fan complaining to a steward and pointing at the lad in your seat. Shortly after, 7 or 8 stewards came over surrounding him and a supervisor told him that he had to leave for making a death threat to the Liverpool fan. Me, Oli and Chloe were amazed cos they would have had to chuck most the home end out if doing what he did was classed as making a death threat. Anyway, he went fairly quietly as did your son and his other mate. All nonsense if you ask me but, TBF, I could only see him side on but Oli reckons he was really badly treated. The Liverpool fan was having a good laugh with his mates as he was being led out, of course :roll:
I can try and get Oli to reply to this or give me something to post if he's not a member

Bfc82x82!
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc82x82! » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:40 pm

Hello. It's Oli. I agree with what my father has said. The lad in your seat was arguing with one of the away fans in particular but never went over to the fence or anything like that. He was saying nothing out of order or different to what is usually said by myself or people around us. I found it very unfair, and I said this may happen when they left.
If you face a ban, explain the situation, and that you couldn't sell your ticket on the exchange due to the clubs own issues, not your own.
But in summary, the lad wasn't acting any different to anyone else, and the fact he was kicked out was ridiculous.

groove
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Post by groove » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:41 pm

Absolutely ridiculous.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:07 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:18 pm
Thanks Ian, that may well be what happens :cry:
Then I apologise, Rick. Had not realised it was that serious. I am sorry to gear that you have a not very savvy relative, who has passed on your ticket to an unknown third party.

Fingers crossed you are found the innocent party.

ISpeds00
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by ISpeds00 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:15 pm

I've seen the club cancel season tickets for this exact scenario before

Spike
Been Liked: 601 times
Has Liked: 1241 times

Post by Spike » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 pm

A 3 match ban is the most likely outcome

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1188 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:44 pm

With the home form you could be forgiven for thinking that’s a reward as opposed to a punishment.
This user liked this post: Bob Lorder

Mark the Claret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Mark the Claret » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:51 pm

Spike wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 pm
It's not, I know someone who argued with a steward because they were stood in an aisle way and couldn't get in their seat and head stewards came and after much apologising the problem was solved, the next home game the lad was stopped at the turnstile and had his season ticket taken off him and accused of threatening a stewards life, it's ludicrous I witnessed it, no appeal is acknowledged but he is still paying for his season ticket by dd, because if he stops paying he loses his season ticket for next year.

ISpeds00
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by ISpeds00 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:00 am

Spike wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 pm
The seat in question is probably already blacklisted for this campaign

brexit
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:36 am

Heard there was an issue with a liverpool fan in the BL apparently sustained head injuries

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:30 am

brexit wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:36 am
Heard there was an issue with a liverpool fan in the BL apparently sustained head injuries
I think you may have heard wrong

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1078 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:01 am

Can I ask does this guy have a tattoo on his neck and did he have a baseball cap on

ac99

Post by ac99 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:47 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:01 am
Can I ask does this guy have a tattoo on his neck and did he have a baseball cap on
From memory, yes he did although I'm not sure that narrows it down too much! :D

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:13 am

ac99 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:47 am
From memory, yes he did although I'm not sure that narrows it down too much! :D

My seat is two away from the dividing barrier next to the large gap between the fan's, also right behind my seat is the row to the walkway to the gate the police and security staff use into the no man's land bit, this guy with the cap was right up against the gate on the barrier within 1 metre of me, he was threating to go over the barrier towards the Liverpool fan's.

He was threating violence towards them and the stewards he mentioned something about using a roundhouse kick on them, he was asked to go back to his seat and after plenty more abuse towards them and the Liverpool fans he went back to the seat, after that about 8 stewards approached him and he was removed.

ac99

Post by ac99 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:22 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:13 am
My seat is two away from the dividing barrier next to the large gap between the fan's, also right behind my seat is the row to the walkway to the gate the police and security staff use into the no man's land bit, this guy with the cap was right up against the gate on the barrier within 1 metre of me, he was threating to go over the barrier towards the Liverpool fan's.

He was threating violence towards them and the stewards he mentioned something about using a roundhouse kick on them, he was asked to go back to his seat and after plenty more abuse towards them and the Liverpool fans he went back to the seat, after that about 8 stewards approached him and he was removed.
At least we agree on the number of stewards! :lol: :lol:

groove
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Post by groove » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:34 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:13 am

I bet the Liverpool fans were terrified 😉 I'm not into the whole pulling faces at opposing fans stuff, but I find the sanitisation of football stadia, and banning orders etc a bit worrying. I agree that they should be safe places, but it's swinging too far the other way for me. All this surveillance, control and punishment.

RickyBobby
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by RickyBobby » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:38 am

Mark the Claret wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:51 pm
It's not, I know someone who argued with a steward because they were stood in an aisle way and couldn't get in their seat and head stewards came and after much apologising the problem was solved, the next home game the lad was stopped at the turnstile and had his season ticket taken off him and accused of threatening a stewards life, it's ludicrous I witnessed it, no appeal is acknowledged but he is still paying for his season ticket by dd, because if he stops paying he loses his season ticket for next year.

I have had stewards stood in front of me blocking my view before now. I asked one a few months ago why he was stood blocking peoples view and I got told in broken english that he was “security” and wasn’t a steward so he was allowed to stand where he wanted. He was wearing the same uniform as all other stewards and was doing the stewards job of just standing near to an exit and not doing much. The stewards seem to get no training, most can’t speak much english at all and a lot seem to make stuff up and think they are above everyone else. If there was an incident I don’t know what good these “security” as they call themselves would actually do. They don’t even know what stand they are in or how seat numbers and rows work! When people come up and ask where there seats are they don’t have a clue at all!
To me putting these people in straight off the streets who obviously have had no training or even indiction, who seem to have just been given a high vis and told to stand near to a gangway is dangerous. To be a steward you need to have some form of training! Or maybe they lie about being trained as well!
And does anyone actually show them on the turnstiles how a turnstile works before placing them on them?

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:59 am

groove wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:34 am
I bet the Liverpool fans were terrified 😉 I'm not into the whole pulling faces at opposing fans stuff, but I find the sanitisation of football stadia, and banning orders etc a bit worrying. I agree that they should be safe places, but it's swinging too far the other way for me. All this surveillance, control and punishment.
The way he was acting and the threats of violence and the abusive word's he was using he needed removing from the stadium, but from where my season ticket is I've seen Burnley fan's removed for absolutely nothing like for just looking at away fan's,.

The stewards and police only really act in one way and it's all towards Burnley fan's, the away fans have done far worst towards us during games and they just stand there doing nothing

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2109 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:05 am

I know it doesn't really help the OP but this is why I'd never lend my season ticket to a third party. Even a fairly trusted friend could pass it on to an absolute numpty.

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:11 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:05 am
I know it doesn't really help the OP but this is why I'd never lend my season ticket to a third party. Even a fairly trusted friend could pass it on to an absolute numpty.
Yeah, maybe there's a lesson here for us all, especially for those in the more raucous parts of the stadium like the CF stand.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:33 am

RickyBobby wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:38 am
I have had stewards stood in front of me blocking my view before now. I asked one a few months ago why he was stood blocking peoples view and I got told in broken english that he was “security” and wasn’t a steward so he was allowed to stand where he wanted. He was wearing the same uniform as all other stewards and was doing the stewards job of just standing near to an exit and not doing much. The stewards seem to get no training, most can’t speak much english at all and a lot seem to make stuff up and think they are above everyone else. If there was an incident I don’t know what good these “security” as they call themselves would actually do. They don’t even know what stand they are in or how seat numbers and rows work! When people come up and ask where there seats are they don’t have a clue at all!
To me putting these people in straight off the streets who obviously have had no training or even indiction, who seem to have just been given a high vis and told to stand near to a gangway is dangerous. To be a steward you need to have some form of training! Or maybe they lie about being trained as well!
And does anyone actually show them on the turnstiles how a turnstile works before placing them on them?
Amazing, isn't it, how we can have different experiences on the same ground and even the same stand perhaps.
Going up into the CFS from the concourse to my spot one block from the tunnel, I've seen nothing but politeness from the stewards around us.
Granted they're not in the midst of two bunches of thugs pretending they want to get at each other but even so, I'd say they aren't given enough credit.
Or money, probably.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET