Dear PGMOL

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Dear PGMOL

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:23 pm

These 2 users liked this post: Paulclaret Rowls

tally
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 287 times

Re: Dear PGMOL

Post by tally » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:28 pm

Agreed! disgusting behaviour today

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2569 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:29 pm

Hopefully we make a big thing about those decisions today and don’t just let it slide.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 4571 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:30 pm

Corrupt and bribed

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:31 pm

No point. This is how the PGMOL want them to referee the game. Lots of free kicks, lots of penalties, VAR decisions to be seen as perfect for offside but to back up the ref for other decisions.

And if a player dives, however obvious the dive, give the foul unless you are utterly certain he wasn't touched. If the player doesn't dive, then it is no foul.

This is the PGMOL's desire.
Last edited by dsr on Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: MT03ALG Goodclaret ClaretPope

Goody1975
Been Liked: 992 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:31 pm

I said the same a few weeks ago with the Koleosho non penalty and the Martial identical claim the day after.

The big teams get the decisions, not because of corruption but the consequences of not giving these decisions to them and the microscopic analysis by the media after it and the fear it causes.

Nobody cares if the small teams get a correct decision but the fallout from it affecting the big clubs carries on for days.
Last edited by Goody1975 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera MT03ALG Stayingup

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Refs and VAR need to do post match interviews to explain decisions, they get away with making incorrect decisions week in week out
These 6 users liked this post: spt_claret Juan Tanamera MT03ALG Rumpelstiltskin mybloodisclaret randomclaret2

ralph8
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by ralph8 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:33 pm

Yes, maybe its time for some visual protest like Everton's Red Card- A limp rendition of - No one likes us - does not seem to be getting the message across.

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 771 times
Has Liked: 10094 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:33 pm

If we're really lucky we get another grovelling apology off Howard Webb and a lovely 3 points.
(I can dream).🙄

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:33 pm

MT03ALG wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:30 pm
Corrupt and bribed
Careful you'll get called a tinfoil conspiracy theorist.

I remain convinced that one day a major refereeing scandal will be exposed about the Prem. There's been corruption scandals in the Italian League. Corruption behind the World Cup allocations. Corruption in lots and lots of sports, and in big money industries. And the PL is the biggest-money league in the world, with a lot of very wealthy interests from around the world who have major financial, or sportswashing, stakes tied up in their clubs doing well. The introduction of PGMOL to improve refereeing standards has only made them worse. Pre-VAR, there was an analysis of decisions that would be overturned under VAR one season and we were concluded as the team that would see the largest or second largest points gain- look how it's panned out.
There's something very very wrong with the consistently inconsistent officiating in the Premier League which I do believe goes far beyond incompetence.
These 9 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera Wo Didi MT03ALG Taffy on the wing Goodclaret SussexDon1inIreland bfcjg bf2k Ampth7

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:37 pm

The problem with VAR is it has to be black and white.

There's no point using a system that gives two different outcomes for identical situations because it goes with the on field decision. In that case you might as well do away with it and stick to the referee doing his job, it worked fine for over 100 years. 🤷
These 4 users liked this post: Wo Didi Goodclaret NewClaret bf2k

ALP
Been Liked: 1466 times
Has Liked: 388 times

Post by ALP » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:38 pm

The officiating at football matches that are elite level (allegedly) is quite simply shocking and more akin to grass roots with two pub teams with some awful decisions. It is time that your officials clamped down on the cheating that is very evident, I wonder why your officials are seeing that we must not be able to see? This game is now so bent it is shocking, like quite a few decisions today.
These 2 users liked this post: MT03ALG bf2k

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:39 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:37 pm

There's no point using a system that gives two different outcomes for identical situations because it goes with the on field decision. In that case you might as well do away with it and stick to the referee doing his job, it worked fine for over 100 years. 🤷
clear and obvious.........

clear and obvious handball
clear and obvious incorrect award of a penalty - zero contact

It's just pure cheating. Name on the badge, no way that penalty gets given at the other end.
These 4 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing Rumpelstiltskin SussexDon1inIreland Stayingup

ALP

Post by ALP » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:37 pm

100% with you on that, put the laws of the game back to what they were instead of namby pamby offsides, ridiculous handballs and just get em booked for diving, as you say the game worked well for over 100 years. I've had enough of all this VAR shite, and rule changes that no bugger understands (like handball)
These 2 users liked this post: MT03ALG Wo Didi

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Blame everyone apart from the inept sub you brought on

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:41 pm

We must be improving ,it’s the first time I’ve been angry this season.
These 7 users liked this post: Rowls spt_claret ClaretGent JimmyRobbo longsidepies NewClaret mybloodisclaret

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:42 pm

In a very strong field that was the new clear leader for Worst Refereeing Performance of the Year.

Fortunately for us, it's probably the first time that onfield reffing has directly led to us missing out on points.

Disgraceful is the only word.
These 2 users liked this post: MT03ALG Wo Didi

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:43 pm

ALP wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:41 pm
100% with you on that, put the laws of the game back to what they were instead of namby pamby offsides, ridiculous handballs and just get em booked for diving, as you say the game worked well for over 100 years. I've had enough of all this VAR shite, and rule changes that no bugger understands (like handball)
Berge had a goal disallowed early in the season for deliberate hand ball ,yet the Villa player didn’t touch it according to the officials.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:46 pm

ALP wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:38 pm
The officiating at football matches that are elite level (allegedly) is quite simply shocking and more akin to grass roots with two pub teams with some awful decisions. It is time that your officials clamped down on the cheating that is very evident, I wonder why your officials are seeing that we must not be able to see? This game is now so bent it is shocking, like quite a few decisions today.
The fanfare that the tolerance for fouls had gone up doesn't seem to extend to the penalty area.

Ramsey kicks the underneath of his foot, it's contact but not enough to send him hurtling to the ground, the longer the 'powers that be' allow it the more they create their own situation.

Any doubts of the 100% legitimacy of a foul in the box should be no penalty. The punishment does not fit the crime in most instances and encourages cheating.
This user liked this post: ALP

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:48 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
you mean the guy who did nothing wrong ? penalised for making no contact

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:49 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:43 pm
Berge had a goal disallowed early in the season for deliberate hand ball ,yet the Villa player didn’t touch it according to the officials.
I can only presume they are saying he either accidentally played it off his thigh onto his arm or his hand moved naturally in the action of running.

Either way neither are correct and are imo opinion complete ********.

ALP

Post by ALP » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:50 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:43 pm
Exactly, the goal at Forrest should have stood, never seen handball, and Dyche called it right with the Everton one the other night, it was again ball to hand; it's ********.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3193 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:51 pm

GMP_U2F2ZUdIMDE=.gif
GMP_U2F2ZUdIMDE=.gif (278.79 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
This user liked this post: HandforthClaret

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6966 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:57 pm

For me the frustration is more at a culmination of marginal decisions going against us as opposed to any real howlers.

The offside decisions were called correctly on the pitch and verified by VAR so there’s no issue there.

I can’t remember Berge’s first yellow. His second yellow, by the letter of the law is a yellow card offence however the shirt pull was so minor and inconsequential that a lot of refs would have just given a free kick or played advantage. This isn’t an error by the referee, just an example of inconsistencies when shirt pulls like that occur throughout a game and go unpunished.

The only error with the handball was that the officials didn’t see this in real time and award a free kick. Once the ref has missed it there was nothing the VAR could have done as the offence was outside the box and didn’t deny a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I knew the penalty would be reviewed but was angered when it was given as it was one of those all too common incidents where the referee’s original decision wouldn’t be overruled either way. I think most would agree that a player touching another player’s boot in the box shouldn’t be a penalty unless it obstructs or trips them. This was an obvious dive but because Ramsey made contact with Duran’s boot the VAR is never going to overrule the ref. It looked like Attwell was going to wave away the claims but he strangely seemed to have a change of heart.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:00 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:57 pm

I can’t remember Berge’s first yellow. His second yellow, by the letter of the law is a yellow card offence however the shirt pull was so minor and inconsequential that a lot of refs would have just given a free kick or played advantage. This isn’t an error by the referee, just an example of inconsistencies when shirt pulls like that occur throughout a game and go unpunished.
Similar to one that went against Everton earlier in the season away at Liverpool, the Liverpool player didn’t get a second yellow for a clear shirt pull. Can’t remember who the Liverpool player was, I think it was Konate.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3192 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:01 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:33 pm
Careful you'll get called a tinfoil conspiracy theorist.

I remain convinced that one day a major refereeing scandal will be exposed about the Prem. There's been corruption scandals in the Italian League. Corruption behind the World Cup allocations. Corruption in lots and lots of sports, and in big money industries. And the PL is the biggest-money league in the world, with a lot of very wealthy interests from around the world who have major financial, or sportswashing, stakes tied up in their clubs doing well. The introduction of PGMOL to improve refereeing standards has only made them worse. Pre-VAR, there was an analysis of decisions that would be overturned under VAR one season and we were concluded as the team that would see the largest or second largest points gain- look how it's panned out.
There's something very very wrong with the consistently inconsistent officiating in the Premier League which I do believe goes far beyond incompetence.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:01 pm

I mentioned above how the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

I think this stat is correct.

56 penalties awarded in the Premier League, 51 scored and 5 missed.

It's the equivalent of awarding a penalty try in rugby with those conversion rates.
Last edited by Goody1975 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:01 pm

Weak, inept officiating on and off the pitch. It just continues to determine the outcome of a football match. The decision not to send off their player for handball in the 2nd half is a total mystery. Anyone watching, be it at the game or via media knew it was handball. The look on the defender's face showed he knew it. Everyone except those 'controlling' the game. They should be ashamed. Farcical and totally unacceptable.
These 3 users liked this post: Jakubs Tash Rowls JohnDearyMe

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:03 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
For me the frustration is more at a culmination of marginal decisions going against us as opposed to any real howlers.

The offside decisions were called correctly on the pitch and verified by VAR so there’s no issue there.

The only error with the handball was that the officials didn’t see this in real time and award a free kick. Once the ref has missed it there was nothing the VAR could have done as the offence was outside the box and didn’t deny a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I knew the penalty would be reviewed but was angered when it was given as it was one of those all too common incidents where the referee’s original decision wouldn’t be overruled either way. I think most would agree that a player touching another player’s boot in the box shouldn’t be a penalty unless it obstructs or trips them. This was an obvious dive but because Ramsey made contact with Duran’s boot the VAR is never going to overrule the ref. It looked like Attwell was going to wave away the claims but he strangely seemed to have a change of heart.
Understand what you mean in terms of there being a feeling of marginal decisions going against us but there were plenty of howlers going on too:

In the first half when Foster tracked back and won the ball. He played on because he saw it correctly, then when the crowd started saying he brought it back for a non-existent free kick.

Only a few minutes later, a clear Villa corner turned into a goal kick. This decision alone gives me hope that he wasn't being deliberately bad.

Then there's the handball incident. Ill be able to live with it if it happens as you've described - that neither the ref nor linesman saw it. Sadly, I don't think that's what happened. I think he sees it clearly and decides to look right "through" the incident to avoid making the decision.

Admittedly I've not seen these back but these were all clear cut and easy decisions IMO.

Im going to watch the highlights and if I've changed my mind I'll post back and cut him some slack.
Last edited by Rowls on Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:42 pm
In a very strong field that was the new clear leader for Worst Refereeing Performance of the Year.

Fortunately for us, it's probably the first time that onfield reffing has directly led to us missing out on points.

Disgraceful is the only word.
The Forest game?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:03 pm
Understand what you mean in terms of there being a feeling of marginal decisions going against us but there were plenty of howlers going on too:

In the first half when Foster tracked back and won the ball. He played on because he saw it correctly, then when the crowd started saying he brought it back for a non-existent free kick.

Only a few minutes later, a clear Villa corner turned into a goal kick. This decision alone gives me hope that he wasn't being deliberately bad.

Then there's the handball incident.

Admittedly I've not seen these back but these were all clear cut and easy decisions IMO.

Im going to watch the highlights and if I've changed my mind I'll post back and cut him some slack.
By howlers I meant game-changing bad decisions. I agree there were also plenty of poor decisions throughout the game which didn’t affect the outcome. Missing the handball was a howler, but it would have resulted in a free kick at the edge of the box which we would have been unlikely to convert.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:06 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 pm
The Forest game?
Berge’s goal was disallowed by the VAR who had no business to intervene.
This user liked this post: Rowls

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1149 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:06 pm

You are all biased idiots on here according to the Leeds fan Devils Advocate

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:07 pm

VAR was never about getting decisions correct. It was always about giving the officials a second chance to give the decision to the bigger more influential teams.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:07 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
This where I disagree, he denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and even though Foster got a shot away he was only able to swing a boot at it rather than have full control of the situation.

If it was at the other end what do we all think the decision would be?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:08 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:05 pm
By howlers I meant game-changing bad decisions. I agree there were also plenty of poor decisions throughout the game which didn’t affect the outcome. Missing the handball was a howler, but it would have resulted in a free kick at the edge of the box which we would have been unlikely to convert.
I don’t agree with your view on the handball only being a free kick and not being a clear goal scoring opportunity. The way the ball was bouncing, without Carlos’ deliberate action of handball, Foster had the running power and strength to force a clear goal scoring opportunity. As it happened, he has to take it at a very awkward angle. It’s a red every day (Mike Dean said the same on SSN).

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:08 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:06 pm
That's my point in response to Rowls.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6909 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:09 pm

Dear PGMOL.
Buy a new screen, go to a lovely paradise island resort to browse the Internet, business class of course.
a-brown-envelope-containing-2000-cash-in-used-20-notes-2AJ189M.jpg
a-brown-envelope-containing-2000-cash-in-used-20-notes-2AJ189M.jpg (115.73 KiB) Viewed 5050 times
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:11 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 pm
The Forest game?
Yes, as rileybobs said. That was the fault of VAR more than the ref. Admittedly, the ref should have had the backbone to tell VAR where to go but he originally called it correctly onfield

Today it was onfield decisions that cost us.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 4571 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:11 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:09 pm
Dear PGMOL.
Buy a new screen, go to a lovely paradise island resort to browse the Internet, business class of course.
a-brown-envelope-containing-2000-cash-in-used-20-notes-2AJ189M.jpg
Attwell's fee from PGMOL today ?
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:12 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:06 pm
It was Foster's goal, assisted by Berge, was it not?

This frustration may have led to the rush of blood by Foster a few minutes later.

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:13 pm

Maybe it’s time VK and the club kicked up a stink like Turkey teeth at Liverpool does every game.
These 2 users liked this post: clitheroeclaret3 Stayingup

gsyclaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by gsyclaret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:15 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
:roll:

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:16 pm

Burnley as a club should ask for the VAR audio for both the handball and penalty
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1149 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Just watch the refs reaction to Ramsay’s attempted tackle. He allowed play to go on then decided yo give the pen. Clearly his home win bonus got the better of him
People who say sport is not fixed need to take a look at how much is bet on any individual game. The betting is astronomical in pretty much every country in the world. And I can assure you Vegas sports books don’t lose. So what’s the easiest way to fix a game ? Bet you can’t guess

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:07 pm
This where I disagree, he denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and even though Foster got a shot away he was only able to swing a boot at it rather than have full control of the situation.

If it was at the other end what do we all think the decision would be?
RVclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:08 pm
I don’t agree with your view on the handball only being a free kick and not being a clear goal scoring opportunity. The way the ball was bouncing, without Carlos’ deliberate action of handball, Foster had the running power and strength to force a clear goal scoring opportunity. As it happened, he has to take it at a very awkward angle. It’s a red every day (Mike Dean said the same on SSN).
I’ll watch again later, but it seemed to me that the defender was always between Foster and the goal, so whilst it was a goalscoring opportunity it wasn’t a clear goalscoring opportunity. I also don’t think it was a deliberate action, his arm was moving in a normal running action.

Free kick every day of the week but not a red card for me. And Mike Dean’s opinion has less relevance than Attwell’s or the VAR’s. There will always be people claiming decisions should have gone one way or the other, that doesn’t really prove anything.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:16 pm
Burnley as a club should ask for the VAR audio for both the handball and penalty
It definitely was handball and arguably stopped a goal scoring opportunity, but it was outside the box so not sure VAR can get involved?

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2569 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Murger wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:13 pm
Maybe it’s time VK and the club kicked up a stink like Turkey teeth at Liverpool does every game.
Arsenal are pretty good at that as well.

We should have kicked off after the Forest game, but after today there really should be a response to it.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:12 pm
It was Foster's goal, assisted by Berge, was it not?

This frustration may have led to the rush of blood by Foster a few minutes later.
Yes you’re quite right.

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:20 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 pm
It definitely was handball and arguably stopped a goal scoring opportunity, but it was outside the box so not sure VAR can get involved?
You answered that yourself, yes they can due to it denying a goalscoring opportunity (red card offence).