Burnley Font

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HahaYeah
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Re: Burnley Font

Post by HahaYeah » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:27 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:10 am
Thread went from someone showing a picture of a new font to now we're the new Norwich in no time.
New Watford, I mean.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2262 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:38 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:08 am
If ever a thread summed up this board in the last 6 months this would win hands down.

Comparing us to Watford is beyond ignorant. Shows a complete lack of understanding and knowledge as to what has happened in the last 10 or 15 years at both clubs.

Football has changed beyond all recognition in this country because of one thing….premier league money. The reason Burnley FC has changed is because we have reached the EPL several times and received the best part of a billion pounds in revenue. That’s several times more than we have a generated in total in the rest of our 120 year plus history. How can a club or any business not change when you are in the middle of this madhouse?

As it happens of all the clubs who have spent the best part of the last decade in the EPL Burnley has changed less than pretty much all other clubs.

If we had not reached the EPL or maybe spent a single season there then the club would be no doubt treading water like many of our neighbours or even worse ended up like Bolton or god forbid Bury.

All this money has 100% brought its downsides and there is a lot about the EPL to despise but it’s got to be better than mediocrity and struggle. Since 2009 and for the last 15 years are there many supporters of clubs with our background and size who have had as much enjoyment from their club as Burnley fans have had ?

Get upset about typeface versus the donkey lashers watching their owners taking every penny out of the club and half of your support boycotting going on the games for years……mmmm it’s a tough choice.
Again, it's not just the font which I'm not really arsed about as a one off, it's the other bits of 'branding' and other things creeping in.

The Watford type is where I think we're heading and it's a valid criticism - with the model of signing a ton of players every year, multi club ownership, sanitised atmosphere.. I think it leads to a team of mercenaries types every year.

We would be treading water without PL money, i'm still annoyed that we were financially very healthy and now I believe left so and really pushing the limits.

Aye the lashers had it bad - no doubt, I'd hate to see where we'd be with our current owners If we went a for a sustained period without PL football though, you talk about taking money out of the club - we've already had that with the takeover, quite a lot infact.

4:20
Been Liked: 1066 times
Has Liked: 1192 times

Post by 4:20 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:56 am
It's not a football matter, it's registered with whoever to ensure it belongs to us. Until 1974 we'd never had a club badge. Once that had been trademarked, no one else could ever use it. Back around 2000, a shop in town used it and Andrew Watson threatened to sue them.
Was it a chippy? I'm sure I can remember a takeaway in town with a Burnley badge on the shop signage.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:16 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:38 pm
Again, it's not just the font which I'm not really arsed about as a one off, it's the other bits of 'branding' and other things creeping in.

The Watford type is where I think we're heading and it's a valid criticism - with the model of signing a ton of players every year, multi club ownership, sanitised atmosphere.. I think it leads to a team of mercenaries types every year.

We would be treading water without PL money, i'm still annoyed that we were financially very healthy and now I believe left so and really pushing the limits.

Aye the lashers had it bad - no doubt, I'd hate to see where we'd be with our current owners If we went a for a sustained period without PL football though, you talk about taking money out of the club - we've already had that with the takeover, quite a lot infact.
Watford would have got rid of VK 3 months ago just like they did with Rob Edwards and the 20 managers before that.
If you knew or understood the difference between the financial accounts and takeover and ownership structures of the likes of Watford and Blackpool compared to ours then you would not be making comments like you do.
Might also mean you are not as doom and gloom as you are.

There are a number of people on this forum who do understand it better and that is why they are not nearly as negative or extreme as you. And before you bring out the happy clapper nonsense those that really do understand also know that we are carrying far more financial risk under this regime than the previous ones.

But just as a reminder that the previous ownership you seem to hanker for are the people who agreed to the structure of the sale when they were making the kind of profits on their investment that the Oystons could only dream of.
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5564 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:24 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:38 pm

Where is this Watford comparison coming from. Do yourself a favour and take a break from this board.
These 2 users liked this post: Big Vinny K Holtyclaret

RetroClaret
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by RetroClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:29 pm

Watford also has the exact same letter count as Burnley, what more proof does everyone need?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:34 pm

RetroClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:29 pm
Watford also has the exact same letter count as Burnley, what more proof does everyone need?
It has been pointed out we are even copying them and starting games with 11 players like they do.. We should just change our name now and be done with it

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:47 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:24 pm
Where is this Watford comparison coming from. Do yourself a favour and take a break from this board.
Watford type is a little tongue in cheek - I mean it as a naff, nothing, soft team same as any other. Players purely signed there to get their next move
Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:16 pm
Watford would have got rid of VK 3 months ago just like they did with Rob Edwards and the 20 managers before that.
If you knew or understood the difference between the financial accounts and takeover and ownership structures of the likes of Watford and Blackpool compared to ours then you would not be making comments like you do.
Might also mean you are not as doom and gloom as you are.

There are a number of people on this forum who do understand it better and that is why they are not nearly as negative or extreme as you. And before you bring out the happy clapper nonsense those that really do understand also know that we are carrying far more financial risk under this regime than the previous ones.

But just as a reminder that the previous ownership you seem to hanker for are the people who agreed to the structure of the sale when they were making the kind of profits on their investment that the Oystons could only dream of.
They would have I'm not denying that, and I'm aware of the differences - the Oystons were horrid, no question.

Again, Garlick left a lot to be desired towards the end of his tenure but there's a lot that I liked about him.

Staying out of the limelight and just getting on with it and letting the on field results do the talking is one - the training ground renovation, sorting out the accesibility stands is another.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32555 times
Has Liked: 5284 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:06 pm

4:20 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:39 pm
Was it a chippy? I'm sure I can remember a takeaway in town with a Burnley badge on the shop signage.
It wasn't a chippy
This user liked this post: 4:20

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:09 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:17 am
You have to ask yourself what is considered offensive? If someone takes offense to a certain term, then it's offensive and I can tell you 100% the way you, and others use 'yank' on the forum, it will be seen as offensive. Other ways people have been offensive in posts is by referencing our owners as 'the Americans'..
In the USA Yank itself is actually a well known derogatory term used by Southern Americans (perhaps Confederate supporters) to describe Northern Americans. The closest example I can see the other way round is the Australian word pom used to describe us Brits.

We live in the 21st century yet people are still caught up with stereotypes used in the past couple of centuries.

We don't see Americans on the forum calling out our previous ownership as 'Limeys' or Australians here calling them 'poms'.

And no, there's nothing wrong, or different with American business practices or how they run their teams. In fact, they run a lot of their teams a lot better than many owners do here. They tend to love tradition and history and that's a big reason JJ Watt and even the board was interested in buying the club to begin with.

There's no reason to believe just because someone is from America they they'll strip us of our identity any more than someone who's British. In fact you could argue that our last owner, a Burnley fan was guilty of putting us in our worse place financially due to the way he sold the club.

As for the JJ oh the Mcafee there's absolutely nothing wrong with what they talked about. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Being from an era where I looked forward to us getting more than a min highlight reel on the local news or a 10 min special on sky before a rare televised cup game I think the media attention we get know is awesome and shows how much progress we've made as a club.

There are ways to be critical without using discrimination. Don't assume the decisions being made are part of where someone is born and instead look at the bigger picture. These decisions you may not agree with could just as well be made by a Mike Ashley type owner.

I think it's important to be welcoming to new fans and it doesn't look good on us as fans using discrimination. I for one would be happy to see any interest in our club from anyone outside the UK and it would be very sad to see them put off by aging stereotypes and an unwelcoming attitude.
There's a lot to reply against here whilst being concise, I'll just address some of the points mainly the Yank/American stuff -

I'd just like to preface this that I'm not against anyone supporting the club from anywhere - that's brilliant, but important to note that I don't think one off match day goers are going to be the ones supporting the club when we end up back in the Champ/god forbid League One for a sustained period.

My back absolutely gets up over this - no question and my problem is probably more with football in general but it really just comes home now when it's the club that one supports - to me the money men have ruined the game and charged us a premium for it - there's definitely more than me that feels this way I mean, it's just so removed from what it once was - the obvious prioritisation of capital above all else - long standing fans continuously shat on (knowing that they'll come back every week), one off day trippers/neutrals prioritised... all things that we've seen now at Burnley.

I'm really not arsed like at all someone calls me a Pom at all, anyhow 'Yank'/'Yankee' (which again, is the moniker for the biggest baseball team in the world) is quite far removed from 'borderline racist, though I will try to refrain from using and apologise for any offence.

We do live in the 21st Century - that doesn't change the fact that there's a lot about American corporate culture/view on business/ownership that does leave a lot to be desired - I've seen it in a lot of industry, not just necessarily in Sports - the school of Jack Welch, short-medium term profits and above all else, leaning everything out, little regard for anything else bar the bottom line... it's far from a lazy stereotype

How many times have big sports teams in America been simply uprooted to another city on an owners whim?! (not suggesting that our lot would do this but just highlighting the different attitude around sports in America and how teams/leagues were formed there)

Even FSG that are considered some of the 'better' American owners tried to trademark 'Liverpool', were the ones that pushed for a European Super League (which is coming), furloughed staff until there was pushback, charge their fans absolutely extortionate prices for games...

I think Burnley has historically punched above by doing things it's own way and not bothering about the noise or what the rest is doing. Conforming a bit to trends done by other teams to me is a bit naff. I'm very much a fan of having your identity and just getting on with it and let the stuff on the pitch do the talking and prioritising results/match day performances above all else. Do that and the rest will fall into place.

I'm again not arsed about McAfee either nor did I comment on it, though if you're wondering, I think the show itself is very lame and even that highlights the different default view/understanding that Americans have on Sport.

Someone sent me the YouTube link for one on WhatsApp and yep, publicity for the club is great but I found some nigh on 40 yr old manchilds wearing caps backwards and shades indoors banging on about Burnley losing again and 'Vincent needs to park the bus' a bit nauseating.

I do try and look at the bigger picture and absolutely gave them credit for last season - but there are things creeping in that I do not like one bit and are very much an 'American' type and I think it will only continue.

I think if/when Everton get taken over that will be 50% of the current PL league now owned by Americans and that is concerning to me.

I'm not naive enough to think Football is going back to what it was in the '70s btw though would like to add that Americans/Arabs/Far Eastern investors/businessmen didn't make football gain worldwide love and popularity, that's for sure, though you could argue that they're ruining the game with their money first approach.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:16 pm

Aye Liverpool fans have had a torrid time since FSG took over the club.
I bet they get as much misery and as little sleep as some of our fans….winning titles and cups, reaching champions league finals….the stress must be unbearable for the poor souls.

Fingers crossed they will go back to local ownership, reduce the size of their ground and back to winning nothing

#prayforthescousers

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:18 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:16 pm
Aye Liverpool fans have had a torrid time since FSG took over the club.
I bet they get as much misery and as little sleep as some of our fans….winning titles and cups, reaching champions league finals….the stress must be unbearable for the poor souls.

Fingers crossed they will go back to local ownership, reduce the size of their ground and back to winning nothing

#prayforthescousers
I mean, it's not like they didn't do all that and more long before FSG is it?

I think my problem is with football in general.

Rather enjoyed us ruffling the feathers of the league with a bit of a throwback approach to it all. Should probably walk away from it in all honesty but find it hard.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:23 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:18 pm
I mean, it's not like they didn't do all that and more long before FSG is it?

I think my problem is with football in general.

Rather enjoyed us ruffling the feathers of the league with a bit of a throwback approach to it all. Should probably walk away from it in all honesty but find it hard.
Why what did they win for 2 decades whilst City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal were winning stuff with their billionaire American, Russian and Saudi owners ?

But rather than telling us all several times a day what you don’t want the club to be like or which clubs you don’t want to end up……tell us what you do want and which club you want to emulate and then we can have a debate as to whether it’s realistic or nostalgia

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:26 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:34 am
Haha I just find it funny.

He says it’s unbearable but continues anyway.

Clearly he doesn’t understand what unbearable means. It appears you don’t either.
Clearly you don’t understand what I meant when I said it. I said this season. So it it is not specifically referencing just this board. It’s each time you open social media and you see nonsense being spouted. The negativity. It’s the empty heads booing after losing to one of the best teams in the world. It’s the people at work who love to discuss how ‘****’ we are and then, there’s this board. It’s really sad that that there are people who would rather be in a position to say ‘I told you so’ regarding the manager, the owner, the model in general rather than see the club be successful. If you don’t believe that to be the case, then some fans are doing a very good job of giving off that impression.

As for not reading this board, it’s routine and we are all Burnley fans and we live and breathe the club so frequenting this board is what we do for better for worse. But when it becomes thread after thread after thread of point scoring, and taking cheap shots and sniping at the club as it has been for the majority of this season then that absolutely deserves calling out, especially after one of the best seasons of our lives.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:36 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:23 pm
Why what did they win for 2 decades whilst City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal were winning stuff with their billionaire American, Russian and Saudi owners ?
The silly money has absolutely changed the PL - no question.

On Liverpool - pretty sure they won the 2005 champions league and a few league cups and earlier league cup pre even Gillette, no?

& I’m pretty certain United were far more successful pre Glazer when they were running at a profit. What have they done since Fergie left? Not much for arguably the biggest team in the World. Their lot certainly aren’t fans of the Glazers.
Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:23 pm
But rather than telling us all several times a day what you don’t want the club to be like or which clubs you don’t want to end up……tell us what you do want and which club you want to emulate and then we can have a debate as to whether it’s realistic or nostalgia
Fair point and this is a hard one actually.

I would say I preferred our older approach around 2013-20. Sign players that you think will do a job for a long time and if an offer comes in that’s too good to be true then probably move them on.

Try and invest more into the academy and scouting networks, save a bit of cash for a rainy day.

Leaning more into the heritage angle and what makes the club unique and what sets the club apart from others - not following ‘trends’.

Not bring on naff crypto and a whole host of random sponsors from there there and everywhere - more long standing relationships. That sort of thing.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1572 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:54 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:09 pm
There's a lot to reply against here whilst being concise, I'll just address some of the points mainly the Yank/American stuff -

I'd just like to preface this that I'm not against anyone supporting the club from anywhere - that's brilliant, but important to note that I don't think one off match day goers are going to be the ones supporting the club when we end up back in the Champ/god forbid League One for a sustained period.

My back absolutely gets up over this - no question and my problem is probably more with football in general but it really just comes home now when it's the club that one supports - to me the money men have ruined the game and charged us a premium for it - there's definitely more than me that feels this way I mean, it's just so removed from what it once was - the obvious prioritisation of capital above all else - long standing fans continuously shat on (knowing that they'll come back every week), one off day trippers/neutrals prioritised... all things that we've seen now at Burnley.

I'm really not arsed like at all someone calls me a Pom at all, anyhow 'Yank'/'Yankee' (which again, is the moniker for the biggest baseball team in the world) is quite far removed from 'borderline racist, though I will try to refrain from using and apologise for any offence.

We do live in the 21st Century - that doesn't change the fact that there's a lot about American corporate culture/view on business/ownership that does leave a lot to be desired - I've seen it in a lot of industry, not just necessarily in Sports - the school of Jack Welch, short-medium term profits and above all else, leaning everything out, little regard for anything else bar the bottom line... it's far from a lazy stereotype

How many times have big sports teams in America been simply uprooted to another city on an owners whim?! (not suggesting that our lot would do this but just highlighting the different attitude around sports in America and how teams/leagues were formed there)

Even FSG that are considered some of the 'better' American owners tried to trademark 'Liverpool', were the ones that pushed for a European Super League (which is coming), furloughed staff until there was pushback, charge their fans absolutely extortionate prices for games...

I think Burnley has historically punched above by doing things it's own way and not bothering about the noise or what the rest is doing. Conforming a bit to trends done by other teams to me is a bit naff. I'm very much a fan of having your identity and just getting on with it and let the stuff on the pitch do the talking and prioritising results/match day performances above all else. Do that and the rest will fall into place.

I'm again not arsed about McAfee either nor did I comment on it, though if you're wondering, I think the show itself is very lame and even that highlights the different default view/understanding that Americans have on Sport.

Someone sent me the YouTube link for one on WhatsApp and yep, publicity for the club is great but I found some nigh on 40 yr old manchilds wearing caps backwards and shades indoors banging on about Burnley losing again and 'Vincent needs to park the bus' a bit nauseating.

I do try and look at the bigger picture and absolutely gave them credit for last season - but there are things creeping in that I do not like one bit and are very much an 'American' type and I think it will only continue.

I think if/when Everton get taken over that will be 50% of the current PL league now owned by Americans and that is concerning to me.

I'm not naive enough to think Football is going back to what it was in the '70s btw though would like to add that Americans/Arabs/Far Eastern investors/businessmen didn't make football gain worldwide love and popularity, that's for sure, though you could argue that they're ruining the game with their money first approach.
You’ve hit a couple of nails on the head and also bashed your thumb on a couple of others;

1) Burnley have always punched above their weight. Dyche pretty much got a mid-championship size club into Europe, amazing but year on year the club couldn’t compete on anything like a level playing field with mid epl teams and was therefore always going to come to an end and we’d sink back to our level. The whole aim for Pace and co is to level that playing field and grow the club to an epl sized club that can compete and establish itself at the top table. We could do that by spending a £1 billion on players or a more patient and sustainable route, buying and developing high quality younger players which will take time to establish and for this year probably means taking a step back to return better prepared.

2) Yank as a derogatory term is nothing to do with a baseball team.

3) league one?? Give it a rest.

4) as 1) the whole point that we’re seeing changes is that football as a whole has changed, it’s not an Alan Pace/ American issue. All sports have become stupidly glitzy, we’re just being brought ‘up to date’. We want to fit in because we want to ultimately remain in the top tier.

As mentioned by others, tarring all American owners with the same brush is incorrect. Liverpool are a v good example of that.

5) Watford is an awful and ill-judged comparison. Brighton are probably a more likely club we aspire to. Took them a while as it will us.

You have a lot of interesting and thoughtful things to say borne of an obvious passion for football and Burnley fc but repetitive, overly negative, over thought, club bashing and occasionally condescending commenting is getting a bit much.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:54 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:36 pm
The silly money has absolutely changed the PL - no question.

On Liverpool - pretty sure they won the 2005 champions league and a few league cups and earlier league cup pre even Gillette, no?

& I’m pretty certain United were far more successful pre Glazer when they were running at a profit. What have they done since Fergie left? Not much for arguably the biggest team in the World. Their lot certainly aren’t fans of the Glazers.

Fair point and this is a hard one actually.

I would say I preferred our older approach around 2013-20. Sign players that you think will do a job for a long time and if an offer comes in that’s too good to be true then probably move them on.

Try and invest more into the academy and scouting networks, save a bit of cash for a rainy day.

Leaning more into the heritage angle and what makes the club unique and what sets the club apart from others - not following ‘trends’.

Not bring on naff crypto and a whole host of random sponsors from there there and everywhere - more long standing relationships. That sort of thing.
As you well know the last 15 years have been Liverpool’s most successful period since the Premier League was established nearly 35 years ago.
United’s success or lack of it has got nothing to do with their ownership - as much as I hate the Glazers they have allowed successive managers to spend more money than anytime in their history (more than City, Chelsea etc)

The simple fact is that there are more American, Saudi and previously Russian billionaires than any other country. So it’s inevitable that with the money on offer in football here they are going to be the ones buying most clubs.

It’s just the way it is and I just don’t see any point in worrying about it as much as you seem to do. Burnley is not an outlier here - we were under Garlick maybe but now we are just one of a pack and a still a relatively small one at that.

The choice for fans is more about whether they turn to a completely different sport or follow a club in the lower leagues who have not been touched by the influence of big money…..not really a choice for me though

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:57 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:26 pm
Clearly you don’t understand what I meant when I said it. I said this season. So it it is not specifically referencing just this board. It’s each time you open social media and you see nonsense being spouted. The negativity. It’s the empty heads booing after losing to one of the best teams in the world. It’s the people at work who love to discuss how ‘****’ we are and then, there’s this board. It’s really sad that that there are people who would rather be in a position to say ‘I told you so’ regarding the manager, the owner, the model in general rather than see the club be successful. If you don’t believe that to be the case, then some fans are doing a very good job of giving off that impression.

As for not reading this board, it’s routine and we are all Burnley fans and we live and breathe the club so frequenting this board is what we do for better for worse. But when it becomes thread after thread after thread of point scoring, and taking cheap shots and sniping at the club as it has been for the majority of this season then that absolutely deserves calling out, especially after one of the best seasons of our lives.
Equally Ghandi there’s some in the middle that aren’t ones to boo or be cheesed off after losing at home to Liverpool given a good performance but can also be a bit disillusioned with some of the stuff going on.

It’s unfair to lump fans in categories- something I’ll say that I’ve been guilty of with happy clapper remarks.

I’m not so sure it’s fair to say ‘taking cheap shots at the club’ when it’s the club that have done things that’s left a lot to be desired this season. That isn’t on the fans for being negative, that’s on the club for doing it in the first place.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:05 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:54 pm

The choice for fans is more about whether they turn to a completely different sport or follow a club in the lower leagues who have not been touched by the influence of big money…..not really a choice for me though
I think this is the ultimate issue and it’s a very tough one to weigh up.

I should probably take a step back and just take it for what it is - a sport but then I just think what’s the point?

I kinda want to live and breathe every moment - that’s true passion.

The club is one thing that this area can be proud of and it’s something that is part of my and all our fans’ identities.

It really is a strange one fandom - especially in football.

I’m a Miami Dolphins ‘fan’, even been to enough games but it’s just not the same. I don’t think it’s the same even for the diehards out there. I don’t think the sports teams in America encapsulate the town/city that they represent quite the same, probably due to the way in which the clubs and leagues have formed/emerged (though probably different for the Packers and college teams).

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:34 pm

Am I the only one that assumed this post was about some Burnley based historical Baptism stone bowl that had been discovered ?

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1572 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:34 pm
Am I the only one that assumed this post was about some Burnley based historical Baptism stone bowl that had been discovered ?
😂😂

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:11 pm

Looks even better than I thought. Really smart.
This user liked this post: Cabbage

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3195 times
Has Liked: 1875 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:40 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:11 pm
Agree

Shame we’re only going to see it being used once

Marty Dobson
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 261 times

Post by Marty Dobson » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:17 pm
we are NOTHING like Watford
Except when we wear this seasons away kit.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:25 pm

Marty Dobson wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm
Except when we wear this seasons away kit.
🤮🤮

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:30 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:11 pm
It was bloody awful! :D

Cabbage
Been Liked: 166 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by Cabbage » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:33 pm

Some people are never happy.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:23 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:04 pm
Thank you. I’ve pointed this out numerous times before but it seems to sail past the mods
You must be in a minority Charlie. Work with plenty of people over the pond and they are as about as bothered about being called Yanks as we are Brits.

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:50 pm

Interesting that this discussion was going on as we played Spurs, probably the most Americanised of the Premier League teams.