ARTICLE: Luton game moves to this Friday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Re: ARTICLE: Luton game moves to this Friday

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:58 am

ClaretsPadiham wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:51 pm
A lot better for the CFS coke heads, no work the day after etc
Yawn :roll:
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley1989 NewClaret

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:12 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:51 am
Of course we know the scenarios but how on earth are people supposed to make travel arrangements if they don’t have a confirmed date until five days before?

You are completely missing the point of the argument.
It was announced 26th October not five days before.
Any sensible person would wait for the FA cup games before arranging travel, it can still be done by car or train if wanting to travel not on coaches. Trains may cost more now but if fans have an issue with that then don't pay and don't go.
If it was going to be an issue for away fans they shouldn't have bought tickets, home fans can return tickets if they can't make it.
It's just another reason to have a pop at people, what do people expect them to do? 26th October is more than adequate notice.

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 216 times
Has Liked: 112 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:26 am

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:12 am
Any sensible person would wait for the FA cup games before arranging travel, it can still be done by car or train if wanting to travel not on coaches. Trains may cost more now but if fans have an issue with that then don't pay and don't go.
If it was going to be an issue for away fans they shouldn't have bought tickets, home fans can return tickets if they can't make it.
It's just another reason to have a pop at people, what do people expect them to do? 26th October is more than adequate notice.
It's not just travel plans though is it,believed it or not some people have jobs, which may require changes too,and most employers would need more than a few days notice.
I would politely suggest a little neck-winding in.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:32 am

AmbleClaret wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:26 am
It's not just travel plans though is it,believed it or not some people have jobs, which may require changes too,and most employers would need more than a few days notice.
I would politely suggest a little neck-winding in.
Works both ways some people working Monday/Tuesday probably couldn't make the game and now can.
Should have used common sense and asked the employer to keep both dates free.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:34 am

Some people enjoy being obnoxious/stupid online to get outraged responses. Hard to understand why but it is better to ignore than engage.
These 4 users liked this post: Jjjack Bordeauxclaret dougcollins NewClaret

AmbleClaret

Post by AmbleClaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:07 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:34 am
Some people enjoy being obnoxious/stupid online to get outraged responses. Hard to understand why but it is better to ignore than engage.
Precisely, you can't sensibley debate with pig ignorance.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:08 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:12 am
You clearly don’t understand the argument at all. It was given a date on 26th October but it was only yesterday that we had a confirmed date for the game and that I can assure you is FIVE days notice. A lot of people will need to travel some distance for this game and have been given inadequate time to organise it. Why on earth you can’t understand this simple situation is beyond me.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 pm

No wonder fans get shafted so often when people like bumba seem to actively welcome it, unless he's deliberately trolling.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:18 pm

Wonder how this may interfere with Luton's accommodation plans too? I'd assume that they were probably booked into Crowood for the night before the original fixture like a lot of visiting teams this season.

This hotel is always busy, wondering if the management are frantically cancelling bookings with customers for this Thursday night to try and accommodate them?

Jjjack
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by Jjjack » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:18 pm

There needs to be changes to the way football matches are moved for television. Why Luton fans are being made to travel 3 and a half hours on a weekday night when there's an all London tie at Saturday lunch time is beyond me. Fans continually getting shafted.

Considering worst case scenario for this game was it gets moved to Sunday 12pm for League Cup and FA Cup involvement then I'm baffled as to why the club didn't just insist on it being held then to allow supporters to make arrangements.

AmbleClaret

Post by AmbleClaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:25 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 pm
No wonder fans get shafted so often when people like bumba seem to actively welcome it, unless he's deliberately trolling.
Exactly, and I thought schools had gone back today.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:32 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:08 pm
You clearly don’t understand the argument at all. It was given a date on 26th October but it was only yesterday that we had a confirmed date for the game and that I can assure you is FIVE days notice. A lot of people will need to travel some distance for this game and have been given inadequate time to organise it. Why on earth you can’t understand this simple situation is beyond me.
Doesn't take 5 days to organise travel it takes 5 minutes.
Some people couldn't make Monday some people can't make Friday, it's not a big deal. Was Monday ever really confirmed?? Obviously not if it was reliant on results from two other games.
It was made clear 26th October that it'd be either Monday or Friday.
Most people travelling some distance will prefer Friday evening to Monday evening.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:34 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 pm
Not welcoming it just don't see the issue it was announced 26th October so why act all shocked now?

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:37 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:18 pm
Wonder how this may interfere with Luton's accommodation plans too? I'd assume that they were probably booked into Crowood for the night before the original fixture like a lot of visiting teams this season.

This hotel is always busy, wondering if the management are frantically cancelling bookings with customers for this Thursday night to try and accommodate them?
Well any sensible club would have booked the hotel for both eventualities, any sensible hotel would have been happy to hold and not sell large numbers of rooms for both nights, and any sensible traveller would have booked a different hotel on the off chance a football match they have zero interest in gets moved.
These 2 users liked this post: AmbleClaret simonclaret

AmbleClaret

Post by AmbleClaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:39 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:32 pm
Some people couldn't make Monday some people can't make Friday, it's not a big deal. Was Monday ever really confirmed?? Obviously not if it was reliant on results from two other games.
Most people travelling some distance will prefer Friday evening to Monday evening.
It doesn't take 5 minutes to organise time off work, what part of this can your tiny brain not process ?

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 pm

AmbleClaret wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:39 pm
It doesn't take 5 minutes to organise time off work, what part of this can your tiny brain not process ?
'boss can I have Monday off but if our game gets moved take Friday instead, are both free?'
'yes no worries'
'cheers boss'

No your right it doesn't take 5 minutes takes even less

AmbleClaret

Post by AmbleClaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:46 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 pm
'boss can I have Monday off but if our game gets moved take Friday instead, are both free?'
'yes no worries'
'cheers boss'

I give up, congratulations. Second week into January and I think you've already set the lowest bar possible for trolling.
This user liked this post: Nori1958

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:59 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:18 pm

I'm not sure away teams stay there anymore, I think we book it out for our players and staff

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:05 pm

It will be better for the team I think. A week between games is fine. Another 3 days would mean they need a behind closed doors friendly to keep them sharp.

Luton with 5 days between games after the hectic schedule might feel it a more.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:08 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:59 pm
I'm not sure away teams stay there anymore, I think we book it out for our players and staff
Everton did, Dyche said he spoke to Pace there in an interview.
The press were trying to imply Pace was ignorant for not welcoming Sean Dyche back in his program notes.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:10 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:43 pm
'yes no worries'
'cheers boss'

Unfortunately not everyone has your boss.
I cannot imagine that many people work for a company, service or boss who could be so accommodating.
As I mentioned in my first post on this thread, my son was rostered to work on the Monday afternoon / evening, so eventually decided to use one of his day's annual leave. It is now about 2 months too late for him to ask for the Friday off, even if he wanted to lose another day of his holidays.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:34 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:10 pm
Unfortunately not everyone has your boss.
I cannot imagine that many people work for a company, service or boss who could be so accommodating.
As I mentioned in my first post on this thread, my son was rostered to work on the Monday afternoon / evening, so eventually decided to use one of his day's annual leave. It is now about 2 months too late for him to ask for the Friday off, even if he wanted to lose another day of his holidays.
Cancel his holiday Monday he misses the game but gets a holiday back, not the end of the world is it?
People miss Saturday games due to work, people miss games whatever day it's on somebody will miss out. It really isn't a big deal.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:32 pm
Laughable. You really don’t understand the issue or you are just choosing not to.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:17 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:50 pm
Laughable. You really don’t understand the issue or you are just choosing not to.
People miss out no matter what day it is on due to many commitments.
They aren't going to announce a full seasons TV dates before a season starts so they'll always be changes. Everybody was aware this game could move depending on other results.
There isn't an issue just people moaning over nothing.

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:29 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:08 pm
Everton did, Dyche said he spoke to Pace there in an interview.
The press were trying to imply Pace was ignorant for not welcoming Sean Dyche back in his program notes.
The press were right on that one.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:38 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:17 pm
They aren't going to announce a full seasons TV dates before a season starts so they'll always be changes. Everybody was aware this game could move depending on other results.
Sorry but you are spouting crap. Had Luton or Bolton scored at the end yesterday then the game would have been Monday. Because they didn’t it’s now Friday. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that the date has been confirmed at five days notice.

It’s easier for most of us because we are at home, and I stress most and not all. It’s not though for Luton fans. I’d imagine their version of Leisure is pulling his hair out at the prospect.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:57 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:59 pm
Chelsea stayed there the weekend I “treated” my other half to a stay there, and the match……

Not the greatest experience at the hotel……….then my beloved team gave Chelsea the keys to Turf Moor!!!!!

Never mind, mucho beer dulled the pain!

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:01 pm

Jimmymaccer wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:57 pm
Chelsea stayed there the weekend I “treated” my other half to a stay there, and the match……

Not the greatest experience at the hotel……….then my beloved team gave Chelsea the keys to Turf Moor!!!!!

Never mind, mucho beer dulled the pain!
It certainly seemed to change in the championship, I wonder if there's a little more pressure for luxury with the Premier league players and the Dunkenhalgh doesn't cut the mustard

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:05 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:17 pm
I think you are just being an @rse to wind people up? People moaning over nothing? Crikey.
Many supporters like myself live a distance away from Burnley and have work and family commitments and have now got to at short notice, try and juggle things around to attend this match, including travel. I had accommodation sorted outside of Burnley for the Monday night, thankfully on Booking.Com. so I won’t be out of pocket.
I can’t make the Friday match now as I can’t just sort out my work arrangements in a mere five minutes like you stated in one of your posts. It doesn’t work like that for most of us hard working people.
These 2 users liked this post: Big Vinny K Bosscat

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:09 pm

Goliath wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:29 pm
The press were right on that one.
They were

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:12 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:01 pm
It certainly seemed to change in the championship, I wonder if there's a little more pressure for luxury with the Premier league players and the Dunkenhalgh doesn't cut the mustard
Didn’t the good old Kierby used to host the away teams?

Maybe a last minute suggestion for Luton!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:08 pm

Jimmymaccer wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:12 pm
Didn’t the good old Kierby used to host the away teams?

Maybe a last minute suggestion for Luton!
I’m sure they did at one time. The Hamburg team stayed there back in 1961. I think they all use Crow Wood now.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:05 pm
I think you are just being an @rse to wind people up? People moaning over nothing? Crikey.
Many supporters like myself live a distance away from Burnley and have work and family commitments and have now got to at short notice, try and juggle things around to attend this match, including travel. I had accommodation sorted outside of Burnley for the Monday night, thankfully on Booking.Com. so I won’t be out of pocket.
I can’t make the Friday match now as I can’t just sort out my work arrangements in a mere five minutes like you stated in one of your posts. It doesn’t work like that for most of us hard working people.
And the roles could have been reversed for others on Monday, watch it on TV with a beer 🍻

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:38 pm
Sorry but you are spouting crap. Had Luton or Bolton scored at the end yesterday then the game would have been Monday. Because they didn’t it’s now Friday. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that the date has been confirmed at five days notice.

It’s easier for most of us because we are at home, and I stress most and not all. It’s not though for Luton fans. I’d imagine their version of Leisure is pulling his hair out at the prospect.
But if Luton scored late yesterday then they'd have confirmed the game was going ahead Monday.
Both dates were announced 26th October, get over it.
I imagine the majority of Luton fans attending will now be happier they only perhaps lose a day or half a day at work and can enjoy a drink due to being off Saturday.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:33 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 pm
And the roles could have been reversed for others on Monday, watch it on TV with a beer 🍻
Yes but we all knew well in advance about the Monday night game so planned accordingly.
But thanks, I will indeed watch it in my armchair with a few nice cans of craft beer! UTC.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:38 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 pm
But if Luton scored late yesterday then they'd have confirmed the game was going ahead Monday.
Both dates were announced 26th October, get over it.
I give up - can't have a discussion with someone like you
This user liked this post: bumba

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:46 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:38 pm
Welcome to the club

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:52 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:46 pm
Welcome to the club
The Boring OAP Club

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:52 pm

He just won't stop. Amazing really.

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:54 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:38 pm
Please Tony I can't live without you

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:07 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:52 pm
The Boring OAP Club
I'll let you know how boring that club is when iam old enough to join

bumba

Post by bumba » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:45 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:07 pm
I'll let you know how boring that club is when iam old enough to join
This year then

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:46 pm

bumba wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:45 pm
This year then
Nope

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:10 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:24 am
That’s been postponed due to the football 👍🏼
Thanks for that info. My sons-in-law have heard the same but, as it stands , there has been no official word from the club as far as I know. I can't see anything on club website either.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3192 times
Has Liked: 1873 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:58 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:10 am
Thanks for that info. My sons-in-law have heard the same but, as it stands , there has been no official word from the club as far as I know. I can't see anything on club website either.
It’s on their Facebook page

🚨With the Burnley FC v Luton game moving to Friday 12/01,
presentation night will be moved and a date will be announced soon.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:57 am

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:11 am

I thought I would have a check on this thread.....omg not a lot of empathy for those fans from afar or fans with jobs and bosses that don't appreciate on a Monday morning being asked to give Friday afternoon as holiday and cancel my Monday I had booked.

I have solved my own problem but not my partners, and so I am travelling alone tomorrow, on the plus side I am in charge of the radio and music plus the seat alongside me will not moan at the speed...negative side another game missed by a season ticket holder.

Having been to Luton this season I am hoping to see us do the double tomorrow, stay positive UTC
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

Kilson810
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by Kilson810 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:52 am

vinrogue wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:11 am
I thought I would have a check on this thread.....omg not a lot of empathy for those fans from afar or fans with jobs and bosses that don't appreciate on a Monday morning being asked to give Friday afternoon as holiday and cancel my Monday I had booked.

I have solved my own problem but not my partners, and so I am travelling alone tomorrow, on the plus side I am in charge of the radio and music plus the seat alongside me will not moan at the speed...negative side another game missed by a season ticket holder.

Having been to Luton this season I am hoping to see us do the double tomorrow, stay positive UTC
Unfortunately many people do not care unless a problem actually affects them and their own lives. Like you say, empathy is in short supply.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:04 pm

Kilson810 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:52 am
Unfortunately many people do not care unless a problem actually affects them and their own lives. Like you say, empathy is in short supply.
Sadly that seems to be the case with some

bumba

Post by bumba » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:10 pm

😴