Normal Service Resumed

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Kitch1966
Been Liked: 74 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Normal Service Resumed

Post by Kitch1966 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:14 pm

It's getting worse with the so called " big boys" getting all the marginal decisions. Fernandes going to ground with minimal contact a bit like Villa's late penalty decision against us. I said at the time that there is no way we would have got that soft penalty in front of the Holte End. The referee was rot concerned that Burnley lost a well earned point but if we had got a late penalty (not realistic I know) and Villa had dropped points, Villa would have been kicking off saying it could potentially cost them a Champions League place.
I appreciate that Wigan v Man.Utd. is in the F.A. Cup but the principle is the same, Ally McCoist must have said 4 or 5 times that there was minimal contact and definitely not enough for Fernandes to go to ground but hey-ho Utd. get the penalty. Even though Wigan were at home there is no way in the world that they would have been awarded a penalty. All the major decisions go to the big teams, corruption is a strong word but it is getting worse week by week and it just keeps on happening.
You only have to look at all the bookings Klopp, Pep, Arteta, etc. have accumulated this season to realise that the verbals from the touchline from these high- profile managers put the officials under immense pressure therefore gaining another unfair advantage and the next time that particular official is in charge of their team, they don't want to feel the wrath of the big team bully boys. RANT OVER SORRY !
This user liked this post: whalleyclaret

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Re: Normal Service Resumed

Post by yTib » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:15 pm

i turned over to the snooker.

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:24 pm

yTib wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:15 pm
Yep sickened by the blatant cheating and referees buying it, I turned over to Bangers and Cash!

Vincent'sCap
Been Liked: 246 times

Post by Vincent'sCap » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:25 pm

yTib wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:15 pm
I never turned it on :lol:

Vincent'sCap
Been Liked: 246 times

Post by Vincent'sCap » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:28 pm

Man -Utd are the most boring team on the planet and miles and miles off being a top six club,if a European super league was created now,they wouldn't get invited.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3778 times
Has Liked: 7578 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:30 pm

Looked slightly more contact than the one we were mugged with but, ultra, ultra soft pen.
The question I can't help asking is would Wigan have been given that when still only 1 down.
Answers on back of a Ferggie Slip.

!aiboforceN
Been Liked: 229 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by !aiboforceN » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:17 pm

It's simple really...

In the past, for a penalty to be awarded, there had to have been a foul of some kind. However, these days, the laws have changed and now a "special" kind of contact (plus 3 other criteria being fulfilled) are needed.

We can ignore the hundreds of instances of "regular" contact in tonight's game - dozens of which happened in the penalty areas... players pushing, grabbing, holding other players, especially at corners... as none of those fulfilled *all* the requirements necessary to be deemed the "special", penalty kind of contact.

Under the new laws of the game a penalty should be awarded if:
a) it's clear to everyone - including high-speed, visually-hampered, equine travellers - that no foul was committed
b) there is virtually no contact whatsoever (the need for contact can be ignored altogether in the absence of VAR)
c) the attacking player dives with embarrassingly fake and obvious theatrics, screaming and clutching an unrelated part of his anatomy and proceeds to mimic the cadaveric death spasms of mauled dog
d) the attacking player is employed in the services of the wealthier of the two businesses engaged in the sporting contest

I hope that clears it up.
These 3 users liked this post: dsr evensteadiereddie whalleyclaret

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:57 pm

The worst of it is that referees in the PL are being taught that that's a foul. It was as obvious a dive as you can see, and Taylor must have known it was a dive. He'd have to be blind or half witted not to. But PL refs are being taught that if you take a dive and you have been touched, then it's a penalty.

A Wigan player was touched and fell over, twice in the last 5 minutes. I realise Wigan aren't PL and PL referees like to referee for their own side, but if he was remotely consistent, that would have been two penalties for Wigan.

It wasn't much of a game, but what's the point of watching if the referee is going to award random penalties on no justification?

(And this, as we know, is an aspect where VAR would happily announce that Fernandes was tripped, he didn't exaggerate, both his feet were swept from under him and it was a clear trip.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:59 pm

Could we have a rule change? If two players touch in the box, it's a penalty. It would remove all controversy. The game would be totally unwatchable, but I'm starting to think that that's what they're aiming for.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET