Mike Tresor

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Re: Mike Tresor

Post by Anthonini » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:49 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 am
I think you might be the only man on the planet that thinks he should start, I’d not even have him anywhere near the match day squad, never mind starting a game.
I think more people in the world think Tresor is a better winger than JBG.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:55 am

Jayrod and attack was the way to go.Benny on the right against a tiring full back .Leaving Doughty to put yet another dangerous ball in was insane.
Jack Cork should have been on earlier too.
This user liked this post: RighteousClaret

Woodleyclaret

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:55 am

Jayrod and attack was the way to go.Benny on the right against a tiring full back .Leaving Doughty to put yet another dangerous ball in was insane.
Jack Cork should have been on earlier too.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:09 am

Anthonini wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:49 am
I think more people in the world think Tresor is a better winger than JBG.
Hopefully some of these people will come forward with an offer, any offer, and take him off our hands this window.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:14 am

Really unfair to single out a player with a 100+ post thread who was only on 10 minutes or so and whose job it clearly wasn’t to defend, nor it is his skillset. He was put on to get the 2nd goal and keep them occupied. The mistake was VKs because we were dealing with them fairly comfortably and it needed nous on to do those spoiling little things to see out a nervy game.

It’s like putting Neymar on to see out a game and then blaming him for missing a couple of tackles. Quite simply, you wouldn’t put even Neymar on in that situation.
This user liked this post: Anthonini

mikeS
Been Liked: 654 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by mikeS » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:16 am

Tresor
I just don't see what he contributes.

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:18 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:14 am
Really unfair to single out a player with a 100+ post thread who was only on 10 minutes or so and whose job it clearly wasn’t to defend, nor it is his skillset. He was put on to get the 2nd goal and keep them occupied. The mistake was VKs because we were dealing with them fairly comfortably and it needed nous on to do those spoiling little things to see out a nervy game.

It’s like putting Neymar on to see out a game and then blaming him for missing a couple of tackles. Quite simply, you wouldn’t put even Neymar on in that situation.
Absolutely spot on. Especially after what happened to Foster you'd think people got some more sense.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:20 am

Our own player being described as a ‘waste of oxygen’ is surely a new low, even for this board.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:35 am

That's the problem with this board, it goes too far. To say he didn't look up for the fight in his cameo is fine, to say its an odd substitution is fine. He hasn't lit any fires since arriving but some of the criticism and abuse on here is way overboard.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:36 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:20 am
Our own player being described as a ‘waste of oxygen’ is surely a new low, even for this board.
You could have quoted me RV.

Sorry you didn’t like my comment, I’ll admit that phrasing was over the top last night in the heat of moment after seeing another gutless display from this man.

I absolutely stand by the rest of my comment and it is clear from this thread that patience for this man has finally run out. Deservedly so.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:47 am

what_no_pies wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:35 am
You/they can do what you like but if that's spew negativity and abuse towards them then you're not supporting them, which is what I said.
I wouldn’t call anything I’ve said towards Tresor as abuse, I said I really can’t see where he goes from here because he hasn’t shown anything yet in any game for me

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:49 am

It’s quite simple in a relegation battle (maybe not anymore) you need players who are going to run and show some fight he does neither so should be nowhere near the squad. Same goes for a few others.
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

matttheclaret
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by matttheclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:53 am

There was some questionable business done in the summer. He has to be the worst though, given what we are seemingly committed to paying for him at the end of this loan spell, made all the more baffling that he was the last one through the door that Koleosho, Odobert, JBL and Redmond had already come through (with Benson and Zaroury also here already for those positions)

Agree with the majority of others, the lack of effort from him is unacceptable, few assists in the Belgian league and he has the air of attitude that he's doing us a favour by being here. Wasn't there reports at the time that he'd decided he didn't want to sign for us after having a change of heart but was eventually talked into it? Perhaps that was a bit of an eye opener in hindsight because he certainly gives the impression of a man who doesn't want to be here.

Can't think of another player in our squad I'd have wanted to come on less last night, when trying to get over the line in a crucial game than Tresor, strange decision from Kompany.

Takes a lot to turn me against a player, but I'm at the point now where I'd not be disappointed if we didn't see him play for us again and if there's a way of backing out of signing him this summer, or even off loading him for a loss, I'd be all for it

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1751 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:58 am

I think he could come good yet, but like Benson he’s not a battler. He’s a player to play when you’re well on top or even chasing a game.

His was the only sub/tactical change I had an issue with last night.

Woodleyclaret

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:05 am

It should have been Benny on against a tiring defence but the blame is with VK .What he has against Benny and Zaroury is a mystery.
Mike gets selected and so he plays.It was a very weak effort he showed though and understandably fans were pxxxed off for his lack of energy and his general disinterested play.
This user liked this post: alwaysaclaret

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:08 am

For Tresor to come good, the position we are in now we have to start him every game or is 15-18m lost and will end up another weghorst out on loan next season

Ipreferaflan
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Ipreferaflan » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:14 am

Most of you on here are a disgrace to the fan base, waiting behind your keyboards excitedly for players to slip up so that you can spoute nonsense and constantly criticise.

No doubt he wasn't great coming on last night, but he's an attacking winger who shouldn't have been put in that situation. Let's try to get behind players - from what I saw he ran about a lot but looked lost unsurprisingly.
This user liked this post: Anonymous

Jellybean
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Jellybean » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:21 am

I didn't see any running about just strolling, turning his back on balls coming near him, ducking out of challenges, not making blocks, wandering around aimlessly not pressing or slowing any fight whatsoever to keep that win. That's what people have a problem with, after the rest of the team had bust a gut trying to hold out for the win, they are not wanting a guy to "slip up".

But agree with others that he shouldn't have even come on, he's not shown any energy or fight in any of his appearances, I guess he's just not that kind of player.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:32 am

Just watched the goal back this morning, the lack of effort from Larsen to stop the cross is an absolute joke. Still fuming with the pair of them.
This user liked this post: FCBurnley

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:04 am

Struggle to believe anyone is defending Tresor after last night, but there is a few (although when one is the one man Belgian National team fan club that isn’t even a Burnley fan, it’s no surprise). The double standards on here are laughable. Vitinho is fair game every single match for not being good enough (and he’s not, granted) and gets routinely slated but one thing that lad cannot ever have moaned at is his effort. He gives every ounce of his body and mind to try and bridge that gap, that’s enough for me because it’s not his fault he’s playing. You know full well he’s 100% committed to Burnley and ‘wants it’.

Tresor isn’t good enough by a long shot but if you saw that same application then he would (rightly) get a pass from the fans. Last night was Paul Stewart-esque (and yes, we now know the problems Stewart had off the pitch but the application on the field was comparable). Not withstanding awful comments on this thread of a more personal nature, Tresor is fair game to be criticised as the one thing Burnley fans will never tolerate is a lack of effort.
These 3 users liked this post: CoolClaret Burnley1989 spt_claret

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:04 am
Struggle to believe anyone is defending Tresor after last night, but there is a few (although when one is the one man Belgian National team fan club that isn’t even a Burnley fan, it’s no surprise). The double standards on here are laughable. Vitinho is fair game every single match for not being good enough (and he’s not, granted) and gets routinely slated but one thing that lad cannot ever have moaned at is his effort. He gives every ounce of his body and mind to try and bridge that gap, that’s enough for me because it’s not his fault he’s playing. You know full well he’s 100% committed to Burnley and ‘wants it’.

Tresor isn’t good enough by a long shot but if you saw that same application then he would (rightly) get a pass from the fans. Last night was Paul Stewart-esque (and yes, we now know the problems Stewart had off the pitch but the application on the field was comparable). Not withstanding awful comments on this thread of a more personal nature, Tresor is fair game to be criticised as the one thing Burnley fans will never tolerate is a lack of effort.
Jedi-we have a few other people that whilst you can query if they are up to PL standard , give it their all ie Cullen, Brownhill, O'Shea, Taylor, and probably no one gives more than Foster. When that happens then it amplifies Tresor's lack of any committment or fight, and every one of our remaining games will be a dog fight. Up to yesterday I felt there must be something in his locker after seeing his playing stats in Belgium. However having seen him last night, albeit for around 10-15 minutes I dont want him in the team again-he might be OK in the Championship. I believe some of the criticism is extreme but can see why people have turned on him. VK has a serious challenge on his hands

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:31 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:04 am

Agree. I thought of Paul Stewart last night with his lack of effort and disinterest. Unacceptable. Many fans have grafted hard all week and are probably struggling to pay bills and then watch that lack of effort from someone who is paid a fortune.

alf_resco
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by alf_resco » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:03 am

I really wish folk could learn the difference between"disinterested" and "uninterested."

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:03 am

When Tresor and Larsen came on I didn't feel right but thought well there's only a short time to hold out so it shouldn't matter too much.
On reflection with their injury time equaliser and Tresor's woeful short cameo I now know why I had that uneasy feeling.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:23 am

When Tresor was on the bench and warming up at half time you could only see his eyes, every other part of his head and body was wrapped up. I have never seen a player before with only his eyes visible like that , combined with the way he then played when he came on shows he has a lot to do now to convince Burnley fans he has the heart to be a success as Burnley . A total disgrace, when he came on it was worse than 10
men because virtually all the other players gave 100% and couldn’t have given more , they must feel very let down by him.

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 pm

northeastclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:23 am
When Tresor was on the bench and warming up at half time you could only see his eyes, every other part of his head and body was wrapped up. I have never seen a player before with only his eyes visible like that , combined with the way he then played when he came on shows he has a lot to do now to convince Burnley fans he has the heart to be a success as Burnley . A total disgrace, when he came on it was worse than 10
men because virtually all the other players gave 100% and couldn’t have given more , they must feel very let down by him.
Not sure this is a fair criticism. Im sure Belgium wasnt much warmer in winter and he seemed to do fine over there

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:17 pm

alf_resco wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:03 am
I really wish folk could learn the difference between"disinterested" and "uninterested."
I really wish ‘folk’ who are more interested in grammar go on an English grammar message board rather than a football one.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1148 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:31 pm

VK got the subs 100% wrong AGAIN. We were in control of of the game when he brought Tresor and Larsen on. Both Odobert and JGB were doing a great job in both defense and attack. Tired ? maybe but certainly doing their jobs. We gave Luton a lifeline and they took it with or without a foul on Trafford. Just watch the build up to the goal. It is shocking on our part. Even the cross is more of a lob. That goal effectively confirmed our deserved return to the Championship

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:57 pm

Tresor is the epitome of all of what is wrong with the club at the moment

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:01 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 pm
Not sure this is a fair criticism. Im sure Belgium wasnt much warmer in winter and he seemed to do fine over there
Did fine over there🤷‍♂️. If he showed so little fight and work rate over there and left that to his team mates and was allowed to get away with it , he is the wrong player for us. If he played that cameo for Luton last night I doubt if he would ever play for them again, knowing how important they regard 100% effort. Saying that almost every one of our players last night showed the same commitment.

Imagine how you feel if you are Lyle Foster, dead on his feet at the end but still running and trying so hard he was falling over and then a player comes on and it looks like he can’t be @rsed.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:09 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
When Tresor and Larsen came on I didn't feel right but thought well there's only a short time to hold out so it shouldn't matter too much.
On reflection with their injury time equaliser and Tresor's woeful short cameo I now know why I had that uneasy feeling.
As soon as I saw Tresor duck out of his ‘challenge’, I said to my wife they are going to score. 30 seconds later the ball is in the back of the net.
Seems like everything is going against us r
This season do far

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:15 pm

alf_resco wrote:
OED themselves have ‘uninterested’ as an alternative definition of disinterested. The great thing about the English language is its flexibility and fluidity.

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:17 pm

That 'no look' flick pass he produced in the final minutes as we were hanging on to a lead - straight to a Luton player just outside our box, summed up Tresor's season and indeed our season so far.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:47 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:36 am
You could have quoted me RV.

Sorry you didn’t like my comment, I’ll admit that phrasing was over the top last night in the heat of moment after seeing another gutless display from this man.

I absolutely stand by the rest of my comment and it is clear from this thread that patience for this man has finally run out. Deservedly so.
How can you describe something as a gutless display after a 10 minute sub appearance?

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:49 pm

I can't remember calling out any of our players on this forum but Tresor is trying my patience for sure and as forza said - that flick pass did pretty much sum him up at the moment.

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:57 pm

Belgianclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:09 pm
As soon as I saw Tresor duck out of his ‘challenge’, I said to my wife they are going to score. 30 seconds later the ball is in the back of the net.
Seems like everything is going against us r
This season do far
I said the same to myself.. lazy, effortless football just giving Luton that chance.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:57 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:47 pm
How can you describe something as a gutless display after a 10 minute sub appearance?
It’s simply because in that cameo he ducked out of at least one challenge, didn’t show any effort in closing down, didn’t make any runs into the spaces when we had the ball, and appeared very nonchalant on the ball which resulted in him giving it away extremely cheaply. He didn’t show the guts I thought we needed to fight tooth and nail to ensure we got the win we desperately needed.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:08 pm

I was more excited by this signing than any other at the beginning of the season. He has been very disappointing. I keep trying to find reasons for why he has performed so poorly, such as moving to a new country, adapting to a different style of play or very limited game time etc. As others have said I don't like to call out players but it appears as either he doesn't want to be here or that he is suffering from an extreme lack of confidence. If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know because I really want him to succeed. If he doesn't want to be here then he should be nowhere near the squad never mind the team. If he is suffering from a severe lack of confidence then he should not be brought on to help defend a slender lead with minutes remaining. That is on the manager, not the player.

distortiondave
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by distortiondave » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm

I don't know the rules on transfers, but assuming we have to sign him in the summer, can we sell him that same summer? Or do you have to wait a window, meaning we've got him for another year at least.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:20 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:57 pm
It’s simply because in that cameo he ducked out of at least one challenge, didn’t show any effort in closing down, didn’t make any runs into the spaces when we had the ball, and appeared very nonchalant on the ball which resulted in him giving it away extremely cheaply. He didn’t show the guts I thought we needed to fight tooth and nail to ensure we got the win we desperately needed.
This site doesn't allow sub ratings on the players ratings thread, if less than 20 minutes.
Yet you call a 10 minute appearance as a display.

Did you really expect much from any sub coming on for a few minutes at the end on a freezing night?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:22 pm

Just checked the stats because I detect the usual Burnley “anti flair player bias” on here.

Vitinho, Brownhill and Amdouni (somebody else ridiculed wrongly for this) were the only players to attempt more tackles than Tresor last night. He won one, missed two, OK, he isn’t very good at tackling, but to be accused of a lack of effort isn’t just thick and wrong, it is also insulting to our own player. In contrast, Foster, who I thought was total effort throughout despite not looking fully fit, attempted just one tackle. By the way Barkley tried eight, the most of anyone.

Obviously the wrong sub at the wrong time, him and Larsen only had 4 touches each and if we are letting Luton have the ball and sitting deep, they are the wrong players, but that is a totally different issue, and it didn’t cost us the game. The referee did.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

alwaysaclaret
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:20 pm
This site doesn't allow sub ratings on the players ratings thread, if less than 20 minutes.

Did you really expect much from any sub coming on for a few minutes at the end on a freezing night?
So on that basis maybe there should be a ratings thread for kompany, because yet again and more so last night than any other it was an awful choice of substitution. One of the reasons for my voicing the opinion that vk is just not learning, he simply doesn't get ways of how to see a game and winning position out as a manager, not the first time it's happened last night.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:

I expected more than he showed.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:28 pm

We need to be careful, 15m is a lot and this move hasn’t worked out for either party clearly.

The worry is we go down and he ends up out on loan in Europe a la Weghorst.
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:29 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:

I expected much, much better than what I’ve described. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable in expecting more, given the general agreement on his showing last night.

distortiondave
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by distortiondave » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:31 pm

JR1882 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:28 pm
We need to be careful, 15m is a lot and this move hasn’t worked out for either party clearly.

The worry is we go down and he ends up out on loan in Europe a la Weghorst.
The worry is we go down, can't get rid of him, and he's rubbish for 3 more years.
At least out on loan his wages will be covered.

Goliath
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:37 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:22 pm
Just checked the stats because I detect the usual Burnley “anti flair player bias” on here.

Vitinho, Brownhill and Amdouni (somebody else ridiculed wrongly for this) were the only players to attempt more tackles than Tresor last night. He won one, missed two, OK, he isn’t very good at tackling, but to be accused of a lack of effort isn’t just thick and wrong, it is also insulting to our own player. In contrast, Foster, who I thought was total effort throughout despite not looking fully fit, attempted just one tackle. By the way Barkley tried eight, the most of anyone.

Obviously the wrong sub at the wrong time, him and Larsen only had 4 touches each and if we are letting Luton have the ball and sitting deep, they are the wrong players, but that is a totally different issue, and it didn’t cost us the game. The referee did.
Dont talk rubbish. In the last 30 years some of the most popular players have been flair players. Blake, Little, Eagles, Valois. Tresor is getting deserved stick because not for the first time he came on fresh as a daisy and couldnt be bothered to put the work in to help us get a result, for the record signing in our history it really is a disgrace. Ive not seen anything like it in the 25 years ive been watching Burnley. Id love to see him in a changing room with Ternent or Dyche after that shitshow that he put in last night
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:38 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:

Never liked the subs not being rated for less than a certain time on this site, they still get their appearance and appearance money and as often statements are made like "he's done more in 10 minutes than the rest" etc.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:39 pm

In this case he was crap 3 :o

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5090 times
Has Liked: 6902 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:42 pm

He is a good player it just doesn't work for him here