We’re as good as down, Kompany is clueless, we have gone backwards

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Re: We’re as good as down, Kompany is clueless, we have gone backwards

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:15 pm
How many negative threads can you start in one night?
And look at the two who liked it, it’s like clock work 😂

As it happens, I do agree with some of the points (most if I’m honest)

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 pm

Does anyone really believe in this “project”??
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Gazclaret83
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Gazclaret83 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 pm

Row Z wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:36 pm
Can’t remember a single chance they created tonight other than their “goal” and a few corners.
Luton dictated play for the most. I didn't go tonight an watched on tv. There is just nothing about us,no patterns of play,just hope. That proper hurt tonight an just sealed relagation for me
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Gazclaret83
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Gazclaret83 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 pm

Row Z wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:36 pm
Can’t remember a single chance they created tonight other than their “goal” and a few corners.
Luton dictated play for the most. I didn't go tonight an watched on tv. There is just nothing about us,no patterns of play,just hope. That proper hurt tonight an just sealed relagation for me

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1226 times

Post by Pickles » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:47 pm

It's difficult to get too wound up about a clearly terrible and incorrect refereeing decision when for the majority of the game I just don't think we did enough to win. Our tempo off the ball especially has been abysmal all season. That's a game we need to win, at home, under the lights. And for a large chunk of it we didn't even run around and stick a foot in here and there. The bare minimum. That being said, we had some good chances. That we didn't take them is another story of our season.

This is by far the softest set of players I can remember playing for us. A group of babies. It may be a project, a journey etc etc. But right here, right now, I'm sorry but some stepovers don't compensate for shirking tackles and walking around the pitch.
Last edited by Pickles on Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 10 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Gazclaret83 Burnley1989 ClaretsPadiham CoolClaret TommyPicks Boss Hogg xxmunkyennuixx bfcjg k90bfc

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:47 pm

I got banned for a month for starting a Kompany out thread two months ago. Seems the tide has changed and it’s okay now.

Kompany isn’t a Premier League manager yet, and hes certainly not the manager BFC need at the moment.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:47 pm

Goliath wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:37 pm
The problem fo rme is Kompany has completely lost his way in terms of style and what hes trying. Hes done the logical thing and gone more conservative etc but is now playing a quite passive direct 442, that just isnt Vincent Kompany. Its like Dyche coming in and playing short passes across his own 6 yard box.

How can he get the message across that this is how he wants to play when last season he was adamant that his style was playing out from the back. I think hes getting completely lost tactically, hence the random change to 5 at the back. Im starting to think hes manging with his ego slightly too much aswell, he could have left it exactly as it was and seen that game through quite comfortable but he wanted to make his mark on it. Dyche was the absolute master of not tinkering too much with subs much to the fans annoyance at times but that was exactly what was needed tonight. Maybe Cork or Jay on for Amdouni and thats about it.
Hes realised his poor mans city doesnt work and equals massive drubbings, fair play for that, i cant get my head around his purchases and how his teams cant protect a lead or do simple defending. Has he recruited uni students instead of proper coaches or what, baffling, maybe he needs to take training then!

Hes the next Lampard/Rooney for me just taken him a year to be found out after borrowing £60m worth of players.

Let hope Pace has a plan for next season because he clearly didnt have one for this.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:53 pm

Change of manager won’t make a difference now. We’re too far adrift.

Stick with VK to get us back up again, but my goodness has he made a hash of this season.

If you’re not good enough to beat Luton at home then you deserve to go down, regardless of VAR.
These 2 users liked this post: bfcjg k90bfc

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:54 pm

After tonight's performance against a predictable Luton team, I really do think that VK no longer knows what to do.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:04 pm

Way out of his depth right not, the odd games we've been winning his subs have blown it.
His signings are unbalanced and expensive failures.
Don't want him out but by god he needs a roasting and some good avdvice

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:05 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:47 pm
Hes realised his poor mans city doesnt work and equals massive drubbings, fair play for that, i cant get my head around his purchases and how his teams cant protect a lead or do simple defending. Has he recruited uni students instead of proper coaches or what, baffling, maybe he needs to take training then!

Hes the next Lampard/Rooney for me just taken him a year to be found out after borrowing £60m worth of players.

Let hope Pace has a plan for next season because he clearly didnt have one for this.
Sure but now hes gone full Dyche mode. But it doesnt feel like a Kompany team, it all feels a bit confused. I dint know what the game plan was tonight in possession.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:05 pm

I have been resigned to relegation since Palace beat us at home. We have definitely gone backwards since last season mainly due to a disastrous, incomprehensible recruitment plan in the summer, when we deconstructed a very good footballing team and replaced it with a bunch of light weight, naive players who are so far from PL standard it’s not true.
I would certainly back VK to manage us next season in the Championship, assuming we drop down: my biggest concern is that this team will struggle in the Championship because it lacks height, strength, but most importantly it lacks heart and leadership.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:08 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:05 pm
I have been resigned to relegation since Palace beat us at home. We have definitely gone backwards since last season mainly due to a disastrous, incomprehensible recruitment plan in the summer, when we deconstructed a very good footballing team and replaced it with a bunch of light weight, naive players who are so far from PL standard it’s not true.
I would certainly back VK to manage us next season in the Championship, assuming we drop down: my biggest concern is that this team will struggle in the Championship because it lacks height, strength, but most importantly it lacks heart and leadership.
Agree on the heart and leadership bit but surely our Champ winning team was smaller and weaker (physically). Maatsen and THB were physically smaller (by a distance) than O’Shea and Taylor. Berge is bigger than any midfielder we have/had. Odobert / Koleosho / JBL are stronger/bigger/faster than Benson, Zaroury and Tella.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:11 pm

TBH plays with his brain.

Last season they wanted to sign and Play for Kompany, will he have that same pulling power next season

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:17 pm

Group VK with Gerrard & Lampard ,the guy hasn’t learnt a thing since the 1st game of the season he assembled not a team but an assortment of individual who stroll about thinking they can do a few dribbles and the games won ,but they need to win the battles before they can win the war ,the guy this season is all smoke and mirrors Pave needs to give him the elbow and let someone else try and get us set up to battle for next season,because apart from Foster I’ve seen more fight live in a tramps vest than that lot tonight.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:20 pm

He had a 5 year plan didn't he?

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:21 pm

I think we were seeing the game out if not for a dreadful referring decision. It was never going to be flashy tippy tappy football against a side like Luton.

pretty poor performance but not surprising for me

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:08 pm
Agree on the heart and leadership bit but surely our Champ winning team was smaller and weaker (physically). Maatsen and THB were physically smaller (by a distance) than O’Shea and Taylor. Berge is bigger than any midfielder we have/had. Odobert / Koleosho / JBL are stronger/bigger/faster than Benson, Zaroury and Tella.
I said on here after we got promoted that we would need to sign two big and strong midfielders to compete in the PL because our last season’s midfield was too weak for the PL. I also said we would need two new physical strikers to replace Barnes and Jayrod, I also said Foster would be good enough for the PL. What did we do?..we brought in a shed load of light weight, inexperienced winger type players with no experience of the English game, never mind the PL. Our Summer recruitment was a disaster and so far I have no one from the club take ownership for this.

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm

Injury’s and suspensions hit us tonight. Thought al dakhil made a fist of it as emergency full back , ekdal was solid. Cullen got more into game as it went on.. jbg had a poor game by his standards and Vitinho ran hot and cold.. tresor does not look to have the fight. And amdouni is one of those so nearly players.. crosses is still a big learning curve for Trafford , but i think he is learning game by game.. i thought we were down at the end of November , nothing ive seen since changes my mind our requirements remain pretty much as they did at the start of te season in terms of recruitment. Anyone signed in jan needs to be capable of the physicality of the championship. That was a top of the table clash from the championship of last year and the next.. we need to improve in terms of game management , physicality and decision making.. and i include all the players and management in that.

BobSykes
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by BobSykes » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:43 pm
Actually find it quite sad to see the team we had with quality and swagger be reduced to this through some horrendous recruitment in the summer. Disjointed, no cohesion and constant chopping and changing of players on the bench and in the team. Honestly can’t wait for this season to be over it’s been largely an utter shambles.
I'm dreading next season TBH. Goodness knows who'll be in and out the door over the summer, and i really fear The Project just continues in a new division and we'll be getting beaten most weeks next time out too with our bunch of incoherent non-gelling lightweights, directed by an out of his depth manager who remains clueless and unable to force change.

At least then Pace would have to bin him off. Wouldn't he...?

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm

Row Z wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:37 pm
Utter rubbish - he’s a natural leader and a winner and you can see how deflated he is after every game when we haven’t won. He’s got to be relaxed we’ve 17 games to go.
Natural leaders know who to turn to when their under the cosh ,VK brought on Tresor no more needs saying.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:26 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm
I said on here after we got promoted that we would need to sign two big and strong midfielders to compete in the PL because our last season’s midfield was too weak for the PL. I also said we would need two new physical strikers to replace Barnes and Jayrod, I also said Foster would be good enough for the PL. What did we do?..we brought in a shed load of light weight, inexperienced winger type players with no experience of the English game, never mind the PL. Our Summer recruitment was a disaster and so far I have no one from the club take ownership for this.
Agree completely on signings more physical players. I thought it was major error not doing so. Albeit I’m not sure why, mid-season, anyone would ‘take ownership’ for it (at least not in public, privately perhaps). Having said that your point was we are not big or strong enough for the Champ, yet this team is bigger and stronger than the one that got promoted.

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 509 times
Has Liked: 886 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:27 pm

We were the better side and had more clear cut chances.
They hardly troubled JT and he dealt well with everything.

VAR absolutely stitched us.

The original post is not accurate and no doubt borne out of frustration. We're all frustrated, it's understandable.
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret Woodleyclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:27 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm
Natural leaders know who to turn to when their under the cosh ,VK brought on Tresor no more needs saying.
We weren’t under the cosh until he brought him on!!

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 863 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:31 pm

JR1882 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:46 pm
Does anyone really believe in this “project”??
Alan Pace

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:32 pm

It would be hard to argue that some of our fans aren't sister bothering inbreds when you read this thread.
No wonder we have a bad name
This user liked this post: GetIntoEm

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:35 pm

Madness subs again (like West ham) but a shocker of a decision to allow the goal.

That said I am horrified Luton had more possession if those stats are right :o

We are down. I think ww night scrape 25 points if we are lucky cos this bunch of lightweights couldn't hold onto a pie e of flypaper
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:37 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:32 pm
It would be hard to argue that some of our fans aren't sister bothering inbreds when you read this thread.
No wonder we have a bad name
You're right, half of them don't go to games, most have anti Trafford posts already written out ready to copy and paste as soon as the final whistle goes. rest of them thought we were gonna win the league and now can't mentally handle the fact that its a tough league that we ain't ready for yet

Stayingup
Been Liked: 923 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 pm

Winning 1-0,against a team you just have to beat and its late in the game. Who do you bring on to help shore it up? Tresor who jumped out of two tackles. Inept management.

xxmunkyennuixx
Been Liked: 74 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by xxmunkyennuixx » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:45 pm

The balance isn't right. Too many want to just attack and not work hard. Primary school football from us today. Really disappointed with the team. Quite a few did not do the basics. Desire and work rate are positive attributes to have in players as well as ability on the ball. You don't have to be a unit to put a challenge in. Tresor and Amdouni guilty of backing out. Also, if you **** up, you work hard to win it back. Don't shrug and sack it off. Odobert not tracking and supporting his full back. This is all attitudinal.

How has Barkley been able to stroll around without someone putting one on him? This team is ******* mard.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6909 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:48 pm

VK has either been lent on to display players for sale so investors get profits back hence his selections and substitutions , or he is a naive crap manager.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1437 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:02 am

Lots of talk about what positions we need to fill - the biggest gap that we are missing is a leader on the pitch

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 am

kompany is great, those who criticise him are clowns. One thing seems clear though, VAR aside, we are a team of midgets by comparison to virtually every opponent. Defending does rely on a bit of physical stabilty, and we dont have it.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:14 am

Is it time to get shut of him?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:12 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 am
kompany is great, those who criticise him are clowns. One thing seems clear though, VAR aside, we are a team of midgets by comparison to virtually every opponent. Defending does rely on a bit of physical stabilty, and we dont have it.
Aye VK is class. So was Brian laws haha.

VK is so far out of his depth it’s actually laughable. For anyone that can’t see it, VK is just another Lampard, Rooney, Neville.

Give it a few seasons and I don’t he will even be managing

Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:51 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:12 am
Aye VK is class. So was Brian laws haha.

VK is so far out of his depth it’s actually laughable. For anyone that can’t see it, VK is just another Lampard, Rooney, Neville.

Give it a few seasons and I don’t he will even be managing
Give it a rest ffs.He’s a young manager learning his trade in the best league in the world.Some of you lot on here love it when we fail so you can come on and spout your usual nonsense,you’re embarrassing.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:52 am

Robbie_painter wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:51 am
Give it a rest ffs.He’s a young manager learning his trade in the best league in the world.Some of you lot on here love it when we fail so you can come on and spout your usual nonsense,you’re embarrassing.
Look if you think that great.

I think he’s conned a lot of people into thinking he’s the next Pep. IMO he’s just another Lampard etc…. Only got a job at this level because of his name.

Not fit to lace Dyches boots

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:53 am

I’m not normally someone who calls for a manager to be sacked but his in game management is some of the worst iv seen this season

Some of his substitutions are a direct cause of goals this season.

His formation change against Chelsea at half time was baffling. This desire to go 5 at the back I don’t understand it. We can’t defend so you would be more advised on looking for a second in games. Yesterday it was crying out for Control in that midfield to get control of possession. I think bringing Gudmunson more central for Amdouni would have been a sensible move.

We have recruited some players who are going to be very good footballers but to not get any experience through that spine is criminal. In 6 years time James Trafford will be a brilliant goalkeeper when he naturally fills out and gains elite level experience . Unfortunately for us the levels between Nick pope, Tom heaton and James Trafford are massive currently something which every successful team is built on is a good GK. Them two Keepers wouldn’t have made that mistake yesterday in there primes

Dyched
Been Liked: 1923 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:35 am

Row Z wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:27 pm
Should have absolutely had 2/3.

JBG’s chance.
Zeki’s goal.
Foster’s simple pass through to Zeki 2nd half.

That’s just top of my head.

How many games with Dyche did we have 2 shots on target and two goals - we aren’t clinical enough.
That foster pass doesn't count as a chance really though does it? The pass was ****. Not about being clinical. Had Zeki got it and missed fair enough. But the pass what ****. That’s like saying wvery corner was a golden chance, but the cross was ****.

For me there’s too many selfish decisions being made. I like Foster/Zeki, they work and create for the team. Even Fosters pass, he’s trying, making the right decision at least. Others not, just thinking for themselves. Not passing, crossing and choosing to shoot from ridiculous angles. JBG free kick springs to mind, 30 yds out, 5 in the wall. Mate, you missed a 1 on 1, 8 yards out 5 minutes ago, do really think you’ll bend one in from there?

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:16 pm

DCWat wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:43 pm
Just to add - I still think (relegation or not) getting rid of Kompany would be the wrong option.
Surely we have no choice but to stick with him as we've all bought into this journey and to stop it now would leave us in no man's land.

There's going to be a big job at the end of this season sorting out the squad and for me Kompany is the best one for it.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:24 pm

Yes, it's amazing how this "clueless" manager put a championship winning side together in a matter of weeks.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:31 pm

Where’s the rubbish players we’ve signed?

I actually think we’ve signed some excellent youngsters with a lot of promise.

Was the balance right? No
Did we need more? Yes
Are some of the signings at their peak right now? No

But to say players like Amdouni Dara Berge Odobert Koleosho Trafford are rubbish is just ********.

Tresor and JBL I’ll give you but you can’t get them all right and Larsen is on loan. Tresor might come good too. Delcroix is decent cover and was cheap as chips. Ramsey was excellent in the Championship and he’s still a young kid with loads of time to grow.
Last edited by KRBFC on Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:32 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:16 pm
Surely we have no choice but to stick with him as we've all bought into this journey and to stop it now would leave us in no man's land.

There's going to be a big job at the end of this season sorting out the squad and for me Kompany is the best one for it.
I agree, deserves another shot, 100%

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:52 am
Look if you think that great.

I think he’s conned a lot of people into thinking he’s the next Pep. IMO he’s just another Lampard etc…. Only got a job at this level because of his name.

Not fit to lace Dyches boots
So how is he another Lampard then? VK got a job at this level because he earned it, he took a team to promotion, nothing to do with his playing career.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:37 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 pm
Winning 1-0,against a team you just have to beat and its late in the game. Who do you bring on to help shore it up? Tresor who jumped out of two tackles. Inept management.
He didn’t bring on Tresor to shore it up…. Not sure if you watched the game, Odobert ran the length of the pitch to get a chance, there was huge space in behind the defence in wide areas. VK switched to 5 at the back and then swapped out the two wide players for fresh legs to go the other way.

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:41 pm

Can remember years ago Woy Hodgson being down the M65 he used to come on the radio and came across as a brilliant manager with his fancy words that the fans loved,and they like us then started to struggle but the same fancy phrases were still being trotted out ,and the like us with VK the fans got board with it,it’s time for a change ,and Pace will realise it when season ticket sals plummet next season,there’s a lot of low paid workers in Burnley and they’re not going to part with their hard earned cash to watch a squad that consists of 75% with no fight in them.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:44 pm

While we are all disappointed at what's happened this season there is still the nucleus of a good team next season if we are in the Championship. Even players falling short in the PL like Ramsey will be a lot more effective at that level. I think Kompany can persuade them to stay.

If we can get money for the likes of Amdouni and the other new signings who have fallen short that would be good.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:49 pm

I don't know if this squad was good enough to stay up, but ignoring who put the team together I don't think we have got everything that we could from the group we have available.

If you're not getting the best out of your resources then you are failing as a manager. I was happy to give Dyche the time because I felt like he got the best out of the group he had available (until the end), I feel a bit uncomfortable about things at the moment.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:52 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:35 pm
So how is he another Lampard then? VK got a job at this level because he earned it, he took a team to promotion, nothing to do with his playing career.
Agree that he is not another Lampard who let’s face it was woeful as a manager.

Whilst VK has earned a crack at the PL I think just now he is in territory where he is lucky to still be managing at this level because he has been horrendous and completely inept. No one was surprised when Heckingbottom got the bullet, at least he was hamstrung with resources unlike Kompany who has spunked an absolute fortune on powder puff lightweight players.

If we are a forward looking club we need to be seriously thinking about next season already and is it better to stick and hope VK comes good again or twist and bring in a more
Rounder manager who can adapt and plan ahead correctly not just scatter gun a load of young wingers.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:59 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:52 pm
Agree that he is not another Lampard who let’s face it was woeful as a manager.

Whilst VK has earned a crack at the PL I think just now he is in territory where he is lucky to still be managing at this level because he has been horrendous and completely inept. No one was surprised when Heckingbottom got the bullet, at least he was hamstrung with resources unlike Kompany who has spunked an absolute fortune on powder puff lightweight players.

If we are a forward looking club we need to be seriously thinking about next season already and is it better to stick and hope VK comes good again or twist and bring in a more
Rounder manager who can adapt and plan ahead correctly not just scatter gun a load of young wingers.
Pace needs to be worried that last season was a fluke with £60m of borrowed players with a manager no players knew about.

Could be the next Owen Coyle and be found out after one season , all possibilities that have to be considered.

He Needs to be high up in the championship after ten games and show major improvement in general to stick with him I would have thought.

I’d be scouring Europe again for his replacement personally, I’ve seen nothing this season that makes me want to keep him.
This user liked this post: alwaysaclaret