Conveyancing solicitors in the Burnley area…

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Conveyancing solicitors in the Burnley area…

Post by Mala591 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:36 am

Can anyone recommend a conveyancing solicitor in the Burnley area who is very experienced, very intelligent, likes talking to her/his clients and will answer the telephone when the problem is described as ‘very urgent’.

Thank you

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Re: Conveyancing solicitors in the Burnley area…

Post by Rowls » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:19 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:36 am
Can anyone recommend a conveyancing solicitor in the Burnley area who is very experienced, very intelligent, likes talking to her/his clients and will answer the telephone when the problem is described as ‘very urgent’.

Thank you
Hi Mala

It sounds as if you might have a current solicitor who you're not happy with. I had the same problem but fortunately it got resolved just before Christmas, much to my relief.

There has been a major problem with a number of solicitors owing to a cyber attack, which they weren't all too keen to publicize.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67543838

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67864734

Although the cyber attack is now apparently resolved, it might be that they have a large backlog and could be contributing to the shoddy service it sounds as if you might be enduring.

I was lucky in that my sale was sufficiently progressed that when the services came back online I was at the front of the queue but this wasn't cut-and-dry, read on for more information. However, what really helped was threatening to move solicitors to my estate agents.

Several estate agents have recripocal agreements with conveyancing solicitors whereby the estate agents get commission for using the associated solicitors. This means that the estate agents have a vested interest in you sticking with the "recommended" solicitors. I threatened to leave and, crucially, was fully prepared to go ahead with my threat to use a different solicitor. This had the desired effect of spurring my estate agents to join me in hassling my unresponsive solicitors and helped push my case to the top of the queue.

The problem, as you'll be well aware is that even if your solicitors ARE useless, if you switch legal firms your new solicitors will be starting from scratch and you risk it dragging on even longer.

Sadly, I can't help in recommending solicitors except to say that in my experience they're often equally bad. However, if you do decide to switch make sure you're moving to one that doesn't have a backlog and isn't scrambling to get on top of cases.

Secondly, I wholeheartedly recommend getting in touch with your estate agents, explaining your plan to switch solicitors and asking their opinion. Tell them that if you don't start getting a better service from your conveyancing solicitors that you will leave. Have a list of quotes from alternative solicitors to back up your claim. If your estate agents do have a reciprocal arrangement with the solicitors then it should really spur them into action. If they don't, then there's no harm done.

My estate agent worked wonders in persuading my solicitors to get their bottoms into gear. I suspect they get commission from the conveyancing solicitors.

In summary, it's worth making the threat to switch solicitors before you actually go ahead and do it. The threat alone is often enough. But you must also be prepared to follow through if it changes nothing whilst at the same time being aware that it might actually slow the process down as a new solicitor will have to start from scratch.
This user liked this post: Mala591

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:45 pm

I’d recommend Farnworth Rose up on Lomeshaye.

Always someone on hand to deal with any queries. The lady who was the lead on my business actually left a few days before the transaction was completed but the other one who took over was just as good.

Start to finish of the process was all done in seven weeks too.

Carlos the Great
Been Liked: 150 times
Has Liked: 375 times

Post by Carlos the Great » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:10 pm

Don’t use DRN unless your happy for it to take 6 months due dilligence

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1437 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:25 pm

Another recommendation for Farnworth Rose - been brilliant on several occasions for me.

However - just be careful, lots of people get very emotional with house sales/ purchases- not helped by fast talking estate agents desperate for commission. The solicitor is the most important part, worth remembering that they aren’t just working on your deal and that it takes time as they need to be 100% sure that everything is correct. Calling them 3 times a day doesn’t help. Probably the biggest purchase in your life- it’s worth the checks and due diligence even if it means you don’t move in when you hoped for.

That’s what I’ve learnt with about 20 sales and purchases.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:27 pm

Susan Cartin of Cartin Lincoln and Haynes is the best in Burnley licensed conyencer very experienced and answers all calls and very prompt in all dealings
01282 838391 say Neil recommended you.

Lip
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Lip » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:42 pm

Pushinpussy,he conveys some schite on here. 😉

StuffyClaret
Been Liked: 144 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by StuffyClaret » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:44 am

Another vote for Farnworth Rose. Did two great jobs for us in the last couple of years. Also Richard Farnworth is a massive Clarets fan, so what's not to like!

Lip
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Lip » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:41 am

StuffyClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:44 am
Another vote for Farnworth Rose. Did two great jobs for us in the last couple of years. Also Richard Farnworth is a massive Clarets fan, so what's not to like!
His son Herbie plays in the NRL rugby league in Australia and has represented England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:43 am

They are all crap, never seen a quick job