Costa Adeje, Tenerife.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10261 times

Costa Adeje, Tenerife.

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:32 pm

Just looking for some advice.
Due to some planning cock ups for this summer' s holiday with the brother and sister in law's family, we're back to square one.
We're up for anywhere but there will be two kids coming along, a fourteen and a ten year old, both girls.
So, somewhere with plenty of activities but not rowdy or chav.
Someone recommended CA. I've never been but I have been to Puerto de la Cruz in the North which is gorgeous but probably a bit too quiet.
Has anybody been to CA or know it?
Would it be a good choice?
Any ideas much appreciated.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5094 times
Has Liked: 6919 times

Re: Costa Adeje, Tenerife.

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:50 pm

We went before lock down but not with grandchildren, great for kids but not rowdy at night, brilliant water park, Siam Park. We stayed in the Hovima Hotel which was excellent. Only downside being it can be quite misty early morning due to the effects of Mount Tiede on the air temperature, fine though when sun gets a bit higher. Mount Tiede is an amazing trip.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:54 pm

Stay away from the Veronica's strip in pdla and you'll be fine with the girls, in reality it's easy to avoid

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:06 pm

If you go to Costa Adeje the best part but most expensive is up towards Caletta ,loads of better off Europeans tend to go there, drinks are more expensive than Las Americas ,but no chavs or looky looky men ,and the weather tends to be a lot nicer,and doesn’t get the same cloud as the rest of the island,we’re of a certain age and stopped there for around 10 yrs , there are plenty of nice fish restaurants and a small but exclusive shopping mall ( El Duque ),and he you want something more lively you can walk all the way to Las Americas in an hour and it’s nice and flat ,go nearer the airport around Golf del Sur and its definitely more for the Brits,but mainly over 40’s ,Hotel Fantasia is all inclusive,but if you have deep pockets lots going on.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 864 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:18 pm

Don’t think the OP can go too far wrong. It covers a huge area, plenty of choice of different types of restaurants, bars and cafes and you can walk for miles along the costal path. You can take a trip up Mount Teide from there and there is the huge water park for kids.

ChrisG
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:47 pm

El Medano near the airport is my favourite place on the island to stay. It's more Spanish than your usual resorts, but still plenty going on, and a cracking beach.

I lived in PDLA for a while about 20 years ago, but I would give that a miss nowadays.
These 2 users liked this post: Westleigh evensteadiereddie

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:59 pm

ChrisG wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:47 pm
El Medano near the airport is my favourite place on the island to stay. It's more Spanish than your usual resorts, but still plenty going on, and a cracking beach.

I lived in PDLA for a while about 20 years ago, but I would give that a miss nowadays.
It’s a bit windy if you have a dodgy wig,our friends have a house in Las Tejitas so we go to the Pirate Bar quite a lot ,and stay on San Blas they have a car out there so it’s handy for them to run us around,and their son in law has the coaches that go up Mount Teide and owns La Pappione restaurant,so we tend to go out to Spanish Restaurants.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie ChrisG

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4076 times
Has Liked: 1854 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Adeje is fabulous, favourite place on the island.
Stayed last year at the Santa Maria, some of the best food ive had abroad and well positioned.
Hopefully my next stay there will be at the Dreams Jardin, looks great, so many places to eat and drink around.
You'll have a great time.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:10 pm

Love Tenerife. As others have said, it’s only Veronica’s that’s awful. Drinks are reasonably priced and some nice places to eat.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:59 pm

As said above avoid the Veronica’s area in the main. Down the bottom end near El Camisón and Las Vistas beaches is fantastic imo, lots of nice hotels and couple of value ones too.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:11 pm

Thanks for your responses, folks, much appreciated.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:21 pm

Get up to Fanabe. It’s on the edge of Peurto Colon. Have a look at GF Hoteles. A budget one is the GF Fanabe. Superb food, cosy rooms great for kids and beach and bars 5 mins away down a hill. Otherwise take a look at their sister hotels in the area. All good. I’ve stayed in them all.
You can’t go wrong in this area of Costa Adeje.
If you need any further info on the area or Costa Adeje feel free to send me a msg.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:47 pm

ElectroClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:05 pm
Stayed last year at the Santa Maria, some of the best food ive had abroad and well positioned.
Hopefully my next stay there will be at the Dreams Jardin, looks great, so many places to eat and drink around.
Agree. Santa Maria is a good hotel in an ideal location.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:54 pm

We stop just up the coast at Callao Salveje.
You can just bank on sun every day.
A must is the glass bottom boat royal delphin, loads of dolphins and whales to watch.
El medano, we love , great as a day trip , as is Los gigantes.
Adeje is great, lots of different places to eat. Beach is great.

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:59 pm

Loved Puerto de la Cruz, enjoyed the square for food etc at night time, water park area there where they have the fountains and a beach at one end near the bird park.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:58 am

I have to agree. We were there the week before last Christmas and were pleasantly surprised at what a quirky, lovely little place it was. 23 degrees and a fabulous hotel on the cliff top overlooking the Atlantic waves crashing in and the town and the bay to the left.
We managed to get to Santa de la Cruz (saw the Black Pearl then the second biggest yacht in the world) and up Teide with its astonishing landscape.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:40 am

ElectroClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:05 pm
I stayed at Jardin Tropical twice around 10 years ago. Comfortably the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. We’ve looked to go back since with the kids but the price is astronomical.
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:41 am

It is great choice. I would go for Playa Fanabe/Torviscas/Pinta. This area has a range of activities, bars and restaurants for all ages. Playa Duque is upmarket, La Caleta is lovely, more traditional but quieter - certainly walk there if you go on the front. Avoid anything over the motorway, it's up hill and although walkable you wouldn't want to do every day.

Jardin Tropical has a stunning looking pool/grounds, good location between the areas I mentioned and Las Americas.

Adeje is the municipality which includes lots of resorts.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4076 times
Has Liked: 1854 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:45 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:40 am
I stayed at Jardin Tropical twice around 10 years ago. Comfortably the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. We’ve looked to go back since with the kids but the price is astronomical.
Yes, it is expensive, thinking about May before the high summer price increase kicks in.
Till then, I'll get saving!

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 524 times

Post by beddie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:48 am

We went several years ago with our then teenage son, loved everything about it. Great places to eat in the evening. I can’t remember the name of our hotel, I do remember though when you checked in at reception if you looked up to the ceiling you you see lots of legs moving around from the swimming pool above. I’m sure it’ll be a good choice.