Post Office enquiry, daily on utube!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post Office enquiry, daily on utube!

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:11 pm

Each day of the enquiry is done live on utube or post after for each morning and afternoon.

I have been watching lots of this , it’s very long winded and time consuming as each day can be 5 hours long.

Interestingly last week they had Fujitsu employees under scrutiny and they all came across as telling the whole truth and all admitted in hindsight they just didn’t do the full job they should have done. They all accepted full data was not given in trials and could not defend their actions in HINDSIGHT. The key being hindsight.

The Royal Mail employees are giving evidence and still saying they did nothing wrong, even in hindsight they still will not look at postpeople and accept they did nothing wrong. Distinct difference in approach .
Gent today was shown in evidence he clearly had not investigated the horizon system nor provided evidence in a basic investigation, but stated in court he had in his statement. Still felt he had no reason to apologise to the postmasters wife sat in front of him.

I now have an ear pod in all day listening to the evidence, which is irritating her indoors.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Re: Post Office enquiry, daily on utube!

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 pm

It’s very interesting. Been listening to the BBC Sounds 18 part programme about this and it’s truly shocking. Having worked for a big corporate for a number of years I’ve seen the dangers of “Group-think” that arise when people working for an organisation are too fearful of their job or prospects being jeopardised to speak up against the party line.

Blatherwickstattoo
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by Blatherwickstattoo » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:25 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:11 pm
Each day of the enquiry is done live on utube or post after for each morning and afternoon.

I have been watching lots of this , it’s very long winded and time consuming as each day can be 5 hours long.

Interestingly last week they had Fujitsu employees under scrutiny and they all came across as telling the whole truth and all admitted in hindsight they just didn’t do the full job they should have done. They all accepted full data was not given in trials and could not defend their actions in HINDSIGHT. The key being hindsight.

The Royal Mail employees are giving evidence and still saying they did nothing wrong, even in hindsight they still will not look at postpeople and accept they did nothing wrong. Distinct difference in approach .
Gent today was shown in evidence he clearly had not investigated the horizon system nor provided evidence in a basic investigation, but stated in court he had in his statement. Still felt he had no reason to apologise to the postmasters wife sat in front of him.

I now have an ear pod in all day listening to the evidence, which is irritating her indoors.

The post office and Royal Mail are two separate businesses just to clarify .

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:33 pm

Blatherwickstattoo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:25 pm
The post office and Royal Mail are two separate businesses just to clarify .
Apologies, your correct.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:34 pm

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:42 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 pm
It’s very interesting. Been listening to the BBC Sounds 18 part programme about this and it’s truly shocking. Having worked for a big corporate for a number of years I’ve seen the dangers of “Group-think” that arise when people working for an organisation are too fearful of their job or prospects being jeopardised to speak up against the party line.
Very much so, in my last years in RR, they implemented a new IT system.
It was so bad my colleagues who were working it were complaining and complaining to the point the managers just said let it fail.
That would have meant the plant would run out of parts and material and people would have been sent home as they would have no work to do.

Morally they felt they could not do that, in parallels to the PO they kept being told they were the only ones having issues.

Me seeing they both going to break due to the stress took out a grievance on the implementation manager. HR did a major sweep under the carpet exercise. Nothing changed.

Weeks after both my friends had mental breakdowns. I see it as my biggest work time failure.

So this has parallels I identify with.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:52 am