Clarets vs Fulham

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Re: Clarets vs Fulham

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:30 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:34 pm
All I wanted to see was some fight and character, especially when we are behind, and the new lads certainly helped bring that out. There are a lot of starters who are just going through the motions and you could see the change when they were taken off. I think there were promising signs there and really hoping we can build on that.
I've thought a few times this season that we could build on things. It hasn't happened because our manager has either started with the wrong team or made poor substitutions. He is not up to the level unfortunately

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:40 pm

Thank God for the three new signings. The rest were poor.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 622 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:53 pm

The ‘style of play’ when behind in the game is so frustrating because it looks like we aren’t trying to score.

One other thing I noticed was how many times one of the full backs or cbs came inside with the ball there was a complete lack of options, brownhill, berge, Ramsey and Amdouni not moving showing they want the ball (especially first half)

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:11 pm

After watching MISSION I thought wow, we have found a hugely impressive manager. Works hard, very analytical, great tactitoner, great at spotting talent, and is transforming the way we play, and taking our club dramatically forward. I really thought we would take the PL by storm.This season that judgement over players, starting eleven and acquistions during the summer are coming under huge scrutiny.

We keep persisting in starting players who just not remotely close to what the PL demands-Ramsey, Amdouini, Vitinho, JBG,Al Dakhill. It comes at a cost-today Fofana was left out and after just 3o minutes v City he showed he could hurt arguably the best team in the world. What happens today he is left out, comes on with 30 minutes to go and scores two goals. Our coaches must be absolute yes men, because they let the manager start with Amdouini who many posters have quite rightly said that he has skills but is a luxury. The guy, just like Tresor and Ramsey are just not up for the fight

How does a manager who shows unbelievable skills as he did last season not see this. He still has credit in the bank for me but he is close to going in to a major overdraft