Players out of position

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Players out of position

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Vitinho (his position should be Accrington Stanleys bench)
Berge (basically playing as a centre half)
Amdouni
Ramsey (no way is he an orthodox central midfielder at the moment)

All out of position in a formation weve hardly played. This is on Kompany and if he goes after today then I wont be kicking up a fuss, He's absolutely lost his way, its a complete mess. If there's one thing we learnt from Dyche, its that if youre struggling what you need is consistency and focus on the basics, we have done the complete opposite today. Its been rank bad management today, even if we turn it around and win.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Re: Players out of position

Post by spt_claret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:44 pm

Vitinho looked decent at right back for that run of games with Gudmundsson ahead of him. At LB with someone as defensively absent as Odobert he's completely exposed and can't hack it.
Ramsey I agree no idea what his position is, I thought attacking mid but he's not productive at all. Gudmundsson creates far more and he's old and slow.
Amdouni is right position it's just not working. I thought he'd be much better with Foster back, hasn't been.
Berge is being forced to play deep because our central defence is slow and our midfield is getting overran with how defensively/possession-frail some of them are, especially Amdouni, Ramsey and tbh Odobert outside the final third. Don't think it's tactical with Berge so much as on pitch emergency

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:46 pm

No one on the right side except the new full back. Where is Ramsay supposed to be playing? A shambles!

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:47 pm

Trafford… we’ll be seems
To gets his positioning wrong all the time.

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:49 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:44 pm
Vitinho looked decent at right back for that run of games with Gudmundsson ahead of him. At LB with someone as defensively absent as Odobert he's completely exposed and can't hack it.
Ramsey I agree no idea what his position is, I thought attacking mid but he's not productive at all. Gudmundsson creates far more and he's old and slow.
Amdouni is right position it's just not working. I thought he'd be much better with Foster back, hasn't been.
Berge is being forced to play deep because our central defence is slow and our midfield is getting overran with how defensively/possession-frail some of them are, especially Amdouni, Ramsey and tbh Odobert outside the final third. Don't think it's tactical with Berge so much as on pitch emergency
Vitinho has been woeful all season, hes the worst full back ive seen in a Burnley shirt along with Brian Easton.

In fact im not sure what youre watching, he started in basically a 541 with Berge extremely deep and Ramsey alongside Brownhill. Amdouni on the right of the 4 when we defend, doing absolutely nothing. He gets away with murder as well, he shouldnt be in the side. just play a quite direct 442 with Rodriguez and Foster up front and play from there, it really isnt rocket science.

A game we couldnt afford to lose and hes gambled on a system theyve hardly played all season, absolute lunacy

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:55 pm

Doesn’t matter where you play this lot. They have no fight .

Ramsey - what does he do?

Amdouni - looks lost.

Foster - looks like he knows he would be fighting on his own up top so has backed off.

Odobert seems to be further inside than he should be to allow Vitinho to go outside .

Get Odobert outside to attack the fullback and get Vitinho off the pitch.

Berge who is our best midfielder almost playing in a back 3 and not able to make things happen further up as a consequence.

Absolute pure unadulterated shite

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:56 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:49 pm
Vitinho has been woeful all season, hes the worst full back ive seen in a Burnley shirt along with Brian Easton.

In fact im not sure what youre watching, he started in basically a 541 with Berge extremely deep and Ramsey alongside Brownhill. Amdouni on the right of the 4 when we defend, doing absolutely nothing. He gets away with murder as well, he shouldnt be in the side. just play a quite direct 442 with Rodriguez and Foster up front and play from there, it really isnt rocket science.

A game we couldnt afford to lose and hes gambled on a system theyve hardly played all season, absolute lunacy
Disagree on Vitinho being bad all season, he had a total of around 4 decent games either side of and including the Arsenal game where I thought he looked set to push on, instead he's gotten steadily worse since.

With Ramsey I meant I thought his preferred position when we signed was AM. Today looks like we're trying a midfield 3 with 2 having licence to advance but they're all pegged back so much they've been pushed deeper.
Jay can't hold the ball up well enough or create, link, stretch or shoot well enough to be in a direct 442 at this level anymore and we do not have the physicality down the flanks for it I know you're his biggest champion but no chance. Id swap Fofana in for Amdouni at least he made a goal against city.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:56 pm

I like VK but he’s lost the plot a bit this season.

Last year Vitinho was a back up right back and sometimes winger. Definitely weaker defensively and offers more going forwards. Roberts was the first choice as he could defend better and was a more complete fullback. What does he do? Gets rid of Roberts and starts Vitinho every game.

Ramsey is the worst signing I have ever seen. Kompany was so cocky when he signed saying he’ll play for England. Ramsey is ****.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:57 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:49 pm

Hell yeah, Brian Easton - those were the days 😂😂

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:59 pm

If i was a supporter of a League 1 team, I genuinely still wouldnt want Vitinho as a full back. Hes an absolute liability, no defensive awareness, utterly cowardly in the air, positioning is dreadful, poor on the ball, doesnt create. Its the first time in my whole time watching Burnley that ive ever really gone in for a player like i am with him but it really is a disgrace that hes playing.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:05 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:59 pm
If i was a supporter of a League 1 team, I genuinely still wouldnt want Vitinho as a full back. Hes an absolute liability, no defensive awareness, utterly cowardly in the air, positioning is dreadful, poor on the ball, doesnt create. Its the first time in my whole time watching Burnley that ive ever really gone in for a player like i am with him but it really is a disgrace that hes playing.
Absurdly excessive.
He's not PL standard, I still hold out hope he could be one day as 24 while not young isn't past development, but he's definitely not currently and I'm increasingly doubting he will after a couple of games where I held out hope he'd turned the corner.
His defensive positioning is poor, made much worse when he's swapped flanks and or has a winger who provides zero cover or defensive support - you can't get away with that at our level.
He's certainly not a coward. One of the few Kompany signings with fight.
He's got excellent attacking positioning/movement on the right but then can't provide productivity with it which is bizarre and frustrating, usually it's harder to make good runs and find space, he gets the space then ballses up the cross or shot. Can't make sense of it.
He's definitely not a PL fullback but to say he's below L1 is ridiculous, nobody in this team is that poor.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret alwaysaclaret

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2257 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:44 pm

Goliath wrote:
This is very silly and a bit weird in all honesty.
This user liked this post: MeeActon1

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:01 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:44 pm
This is very silly and a bit weird in all honesty.
Its factual. Hes costing us week in week out. Id much prefer JBG at left back

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:03 pm

And there it is. We go to a basic 442 template with a team that works hard, 2 threats uptop and we turn the game around. Esteve looks a hell of a player as does Assignon.
Unfortunately not for the first time, Kompany tried to be too clever and cost us the win.
Thats relegation sealed unfortunately.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:24 pm

Goliath wrote:
That’s the worst post of the year and it’s barely February.

Literally should be banned from the board for calling someone cowardly.

This is why other team’s supporters laugh at us and call us thick.
These 2 users liked this post: CoolClaret Vegas Claret

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:27 pm

Your obsessive hatred over Vitinho is beyond weird mate.

How do you think an Accy bench player would fair against Doku in a midweek game?

It's just nonsense, he was absolutely fine today.
This user liked this post: Dodobdobodobo

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:37 pm

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:24 pm
That’s the worst post of the year and it’s barely February.

Literally should be banned from the board for calling someone cowardly.

This is why other team’s supporters laugh at us and call us thick.
He is cowardly, he hates heading the ball so avoids doing so. If youve played full back you know its very easy to do, slightly misread the ball as a pass is played so you aren't in position to challenge for a header. In my opinion his lack of positioning on diagonals is intentional because he prefers to try and recover using his pace rather than just winning the header initially.

Its nothing to do with being 'thick' although I thank you for that. If you think calling a player cowardly is an offence that should get me banned thrn you've lived a very sheltered life.

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:37 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:27 pm

How do you think an Accy bench player would fair against Doku in a midweek game?

If you think he was fine today thrn theres no point in discussing football with you. You clearly have no clue.
Maybe watch the replay of the second goal.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:37 pm
If you think he was fine today thrn theres no point in discussing football with you. You clearly have no clue.
Maybe watch the replay of the second goal.
The second goal? What are you on about there?

How are you blaming that on Vitinho?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 17.49.59.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 17.49.59.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1791 times
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 17.49.51.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 17.49.51.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1791 times

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:37 pm
He is cowardly, he hates heading the ball so avoids doing so. If youve played full back you know its very easy to do, slightly misread the ball as a pass is played so you aren't in position to challenge for a header. In my opinion his lack of positioning on diagonals is intentional because he prefers to try and recover using his pace rather than just winning the header initially.

Its nothing to do with being 'thick' although I thank you for that. If you think calling a player cowardly is an offence that should get me banned thrn you've lived a very sheltered life.
Ban

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:52 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 pm

You might neee the angle from the side where he’s playing the guy on.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 992 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:55 pm

As posted on the Burnley Vs Fulham thread...

We tried Berge in a deeper role earlier in the season and it didn't work.

On paper him stepping out of the defence to dictate things is a good idea, however the lads in front of him have to get a grip on the game otherwise he'll play as a centre half all match.

A midfield four of Odobert, Brownhill, Ramsey and Amdouni hasn't got a tackle between them, it's a plan destined to fail, why take your only physical player out of the centre of the park is baffling at best.

I'd certainly look at putting Brownhill in the number ten role (like last season) with Fofana, and Odobert either side of Foster. In central midfield would be Berge alongside either Cullen or Massengo. We are too easily overwhelmed in the centre of the park.
This user liked this post: alwaysaclaret

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:55 pm

CoolClaret wrote:

Hahaha and there we have it. Have you ever heard of the offside rule? Hilarious

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:56 pm

Ban
You find the word cowardly that offensive? What would you use as an alternative?

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:57 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:52 pm
You might neee the angle from the side where he’s playing the guy on.
I have but Vitinho has just taken a throw in there and is making his way up with the rest of the line, Ekdal wasn't in line with O'Shea and Assignon either.

If anyone it's Ekdal for letting a guy be stood behind him between the lines and not looking to see where his fullback is, your centre halves have to check this sort of thing and get the line organised.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:00 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:55 pm
Hahaha and there we have it. Have you ever heard of the offside rule? Hilarious
It's a poor goal to concede as a collective, I don't think it's purely on one player at all - the entire backline was staggered there, you expect someone in defence to organise the back line in those situations.

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making out, you genuinely sound unhinged.

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:03 pm

For questionining why we are playing a player thats nowhere near good enough? Right, i think we will call this discussion a day if youre just going to resort to that when you make a fool of yourself.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3347 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm

Vitihno was absolutely brilliant today on the edge of THEIR box. Tricky, dangerous and explosive. What he isn't and never will be is a bloody full back!!

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:56 pm
You find the word cowardly that offensive? What would you use as an alternative?
I just wouldn’t judge someone’s personal character having never met them. That’s how I was raised. Maybe you were raised differently.

I’m more worried that you’re going to say something libelous (and yes, people and messageboards are held accountable, it’s happened before)

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:08 pm

That hybrid centre half/ centre mid role Berge was playing in the first half was absolutely laughable 😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:08 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm
I just wouldn’t judge someone’s personal character having never met them. That’s how I was raised. Maybe you were raised differently.

I’m more worried that you’re going to say something libelous (and yes, people and messageboards are held accountable, it’s happened before)
Ive said hes cowardly in the air, he doesnt want to head it. In what world is that judging somes personal character or nearing anything libellous.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:12 pm

In terms of Vitinho, even ss a sunday morning pub player you would be embarrassed to that far behind the other defenders.

It was a shambles and we looked out classed for 70 minutes. The new lads did look decent and a great comeback but I'm not sure we are making any real progress.

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:14 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:08 pm
Ive said hes cowardly in the air, he doesnt want to head it. In what world is that judging somes personal character or nearing anything libellous.
Not for me to judge.
But it would be for you to defend.

A quick Google will enlighten you.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:15 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:12 pm
In terms of Vitinho, even ss a sunday morning pub player you would be embarrassed to that far behind the other defenders.

It was a shambles and we looked out classed for 70 minutes. The new lads did look decent and a great comeback but I'm not sure we are making any real progress.
They were all a mess there tbh. Need a CB organising that back line
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 17.59.04.png
Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 17.59.04.png (471.23 KiB) Viewed 1604 times

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:17 pm

Vithinio is what he is a championship utility player. The fact that Kompany who like the rest of us has witnessed his ineptness at right back this season thought we’ll try him on the left is amazing.

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:19 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:14 pm
Not for me to judge.
But it would be for you to defend.

A quick Google will enlighten you.
I think it's you who needs enlightening my friend.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:15 pm
I can't argue with you ...

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:28 pm

Goliath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:19 pm
I think it's you who needs enlightening my friend.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lan ... 309377.amp

Only dropped bc they owed fees. But they hauled all those people and their lawyers into court.

But you know best!!!!

Goliath

Post by Goliath » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:35 pm

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:28 pm
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lan ... 309377.amp

Only dropped bc they owed fees. But they hauled all those people and their lawyers into court.

But you know best!!!!
You really don't have a clue. That was nothing to do with comments about a players performance.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:32 pm

I was absolutely gone at Berge, our most effective CM, playing bloody CB. Mental.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:32 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm
Vitihno was absolutely brilliant today on the edge of THEIR box. Tricky, dangerous and explosive. What he isn't and never will be is a bloody full back!!
In fairness that's really not uncommon for a Brazilian. Every player in Brazil starts out wanting to be a forward. Even some of the their best players were only great because they were so good in attack. They could usually afford to neglect defensive duties because they were often played as the widest players in a backline of 5.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:08 am

CoolClaret wrote:

I like Vitinho but for the second goal he is 5 yards deeper than the rest of the back 4

Dodobdobodobo
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:14 am

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:27 pm

MOM for me today, for most of the game he looked like the only one that could be arsed!

Dodobdobodobo

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:16 am

CoolClaret wrote:
It’s because he’d run back 50 yards for a ball nobody else went after!

Dodobdobodobo

Post by Dodobdobodobo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:18 am

CoolClaret wrote:
He had just taken a throw in which we couldn’t keep the ball!

Row Z
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:28 am

CoolClaret wrote:

Look at it again.. played Muniz onside.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:04 am

CoolClaret wrote:

He was a couple of yards behind the other defenders coming out and was playing the Fulham player onside. Had he been up with the line, offside would have been the call and no goal.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:40 pm

Bullabill wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:04 am
He was a couple of yards behind the other defenders coming out and was playing the Fulham player onside. Had he been up with the line, offside would have been the call and no goal.
Yes but it's not as straight forward as being made out - lot of factors in there, remember he's the one that made the initial throwin as well.

It's more indicative of our organisation as a whole, the entire backline was staggered.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:10 pm

Non tackling Brownhill and Berge too deep
Ramsey a complete mystery how he even gets on before Jay JBG Cork etc
Vitinho a good rb back up now we have Gallic pace and flair
Esteve looks assured and partner OShea or Beyer
AL Dakiel or Delcroix can deputise for Charlie
Fofana and Foster up front with very talented and much maligned Amdouni playing just behind as playmaker