Burnley v Fulham - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Re: Burnley v Fulham - Player Ratings

Post by Murger » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:35 pm

Is Ramsey a good player though? I haven’t seen him have any decent games.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:16 pm

Murger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:47 pm
The corner they scored from came from a cross he should’ve claimed.
Seriously ? You actually think that the ball had arrived at a point where it was the keeper's job to deal with it ? I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:56 pm

Trafford 6
Assignon 8
O'Shea 7
Ekdal 5
Vitinho 7
Brownhill 5
Berge 6
Ramsey 5
Odebert 7
Amdouni 5
Foster 7
Gudmundsson 6
Fofana 8** MOM
Estève 7

We have some good individuals but there is a lack of cohesion and probably belief. How much longer does Amdouni get? There is a player there but he is not effective in this system. Ramsey looks lost for the majority of the game, again he has potential but isn't showing much of it with us.

There is very little threat in the side, a really poor atmosphere now and I don't think there is a team in the League that isn't thinking they should get 3 points at Turf Moor.

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:13 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:16 pm
Seriously ? You actually think that the ball had arrived at a point where it was the keeper's job to deal with it ? I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous.
As the old guys used to say “He’d time to throw is cap on “

Stalbansclaret

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:29 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:13 pm
As the old guys used to say “He’d time to throw is cap on “
It’s not my style to denigrate other posters and no doubt you do possess good knowledge of football but if you truly think that it’s the keepers job to catch corners that far ahead of the front post you are honestly appearing not to understand the game.
Every goal conceded from a corner is not the goalkeeper’s fault and that one certainly wasn’t . Odobert stopped tracking Palhinha , whom he was marking, and 2 defenders behind Palhinha failed to get above him .

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:43 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:29 pm
It’s not my style to denigrate other posters and no doubt you do possess good knowledge of football but if you truly think that it’s the keepers job to catch corners that far ahead of the front post you are honestly appearing not to understand the game.
Every goal conceded from a corner is not the goalkeeper’s fault and that one certainly wasn’t . Odobert stopped tracking Palhinha , whom he was marking, and 2 defenders behind Palhinha failed to get above him .
They are not discussing the corner which led to the first goal but the cross which led to the corner which Trafford let drift past him just outside the six yard box for the corner. I said immediately he should have gone and picked it up instead of letting it drift out of play, instead he moved forward then went back to his line. In my opinion definitely Trafford’s fault.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:59 pm

Think you are debating two separate things - the corner (which Trafford could not have claimed), and the initial deflected cross which led to the corner because Assignon and Trafford were both a little uncertain. The latter is in my opinion a fair observation, but I think it's the sort of minor misunderstanding from a slightly awkward ball in that happens from time to time - and for it to lead to a goal it required (i) Assignon to make a further mistake in allowing the ball to bounce out rather than hooking it out for a throw, and (ii) for us to defend the corner badly. Given those two things, I'm not sure it's fair to consider that mistake as one that caused the goal. Given the slightly awkward trajectory of the ball, the fact that Assignon had the situation under control and that there was an attacker in proximity, I think it's the sort of situation in which a defender would generally take charge and just clear the ball - so I'm not even convinced that it's particularly indicative of any general hesitancy on Trafford's part.

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:05 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:29 pm
I reran the goal slowly when it showed it on Sky and we sit bang on line with the 6 yds box ,when the ball game across from the right it was between the dead ball line and the edge of the 6 yds box Trafford was stuck to his line ,as it went towards the far post the new full back was closing in on it and might have been in danger of an og ,and Trafford had plenty of opportunity to get old of the ball before it went out Id show you the still shot but for some reason this site doesn’t always let me add a file,and several fans on the front row of the stand were screaming at Trafford to come out for the initial cross.

Stalbansclaret

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:10 pm

Apologies for my misunderstanding …can’t say I’d really considered the initial cross other than thinking Assignon should have hooked it clear but clearly thought it was a goal kick . Just watched it again and yes I’d agree Trafford could have claimed it ..the TV commentator thought the deflection off Odobert “made it awkward for Trafford” and possibly so but what is definite Assignon and then Odobert and Berge from the corner all had to screw up for the goal to happen .
All in all Trafford was the least of our problems on Saturday.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm

Trafford 5- weak for both goals, he is so indecisive and hesitant whenever there's a ball heading for the box
Assignon 6- looked a little shaky on a couple occasions at the back but got up and down well, solid start, great assist, start him as LB til Taylor's fit then start him at RB for me
O'Shea 7- didn't do much wrong considering. Solid
Ekdal 4- Pace was a problem. I want to see him as an RCB alongside Beyer ahead of Muric, the unit that worked so well last year, before I write him off at this level, but hes had two bad games here. O'Shea had bad ones repeatedly before developing though so not writing him off.
Vitinho 4- improved a lot second half but was dreadful first half, however Odobert gave him absolutely zero help. Out of position and doubled up, always going to go badly.
Brownhill 5 not his best.
Berge 7- did so much work to keep it from being an embarrassment first half and keep us fighting.
Ramsey 4- Anonymous passenger.
Odebert 4- couple of momentary flashes on attack which probably kept him on longer than he should, didn't even try to help the defence. Needs to offer more defensively or turn flashes into consistency.
Amdouni 4- Also anonymous. Really thought he'd improve alongside Foster, not so much.
Foster 7- couple of half decent creations first half and worked hard, started the break for the equaliser.
Gudmundsson 6- Nothing amazing but did well and linked/steadied us.
Fofana 8** MOM. How can he not be? Didn't expect much of this guy, proven me wrong already. Only reason we got anything.
Estève 7- one wonky pass but otherwise looks solid and mobile. Promising.

Kompanys best use of subs all season got us out of jail, we were as poor as we've ever been first half and trickling along to nothing until the subs.

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by the_magic_rat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:31 am

Trafford 7

Assignon 7 mom
O'Shea 6
Ekdal 5
Vitinho 5

Amdouni 4
Ramsay 4
Berge 6
Brownhill 5

Odobert 7
Foster 6

Fofana 7
Gudmundsson 6

the_magic_rat
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by the_magic_rat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:32 am

Forgot Esteve 7

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:14 am

I've seen quite a few posters on this and the Trafford thread defending him for the cross that lead to the corner for the 1st goal. But I'm sorry, that's goalkeepers ball every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's a mistake, and people trying to cover it up as not his fault are starting to become a bit blinkered tbh.

I even had time to shout "keepers ball" twice before it actually went out of play :D
These 2 users liked this post: Jamesy THEWELLERNUT70

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:17 am

Ric_C wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:14 am
I've seen quite a few posters on this and the Trafford thread defending him for the cross that lead to the corner for the 1st goal. But I'm sorry, that's goalkeepers ball every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's a mistake, and people trying to cover it up as not his fault are starting to become a bit blinkered tbh.

I even had time to shout "keepers ball" twice before it actually went out of play :D
Can’t argue with this and I’m astonished people can’t see it.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:35 am

Jamesy wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:17 am
Can’t argue with this and I’m astonished people can’t see it.
They can see it, however they refuse any form of criticism towards the club or players and have an entrenched view that they will defend no matter what.

Being a yes man or an enabler is worse
In the grand scheme of things. If somethings wrong/not right then people should express this view and problems can only be dealt with once they are identified.

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:21 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:35 am
They can see it, however they refuse any form of criticism towards the club or players and have an entrenched view that they will defend no matter what.

Being a yes man or an enabler is worse
In the grand scheme of things. If somethings wrong/not right then people should express this view and problems can only be dealt with once they are identified.
Yes the Trafford post has been locked due to certain posters screaming from the rooftops that the ones who suggest VK and JT aren’t up to it aren’t really Burnley fans ,have an agenda ,and we shouldn’t moan about being one of the worst ever Premier League teams ,and Trafford would need to have 6 ‘ long arms to catch a cross coming into the 6 yds box,that my granny could have caught ,no doubt someone will be along shortly to put their spoke into this post ,and eventually all reasonable debate that isn’t positive towards Burnley has to be shut down because it becomes nasty ,and this isnt a dig at CT who I feel in his comments isn’t a particularly happy bunny ,and is the poor bugger in the middle trying to keep the peace.