Fed up

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Fed up

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:58 pm

Fed up of reading abusive posts about our own players and manager. They are becoming so commonplace that the mods who have a difficult enough job on here are letting things go that have previously not been allowed. There seems to be no player exempt from abusive criticism. I'm just glad the three new boys had good games today. It is getting toxic on here, especially towards our younger players and at no time has VK stated that we have a £100m player here. Saying that a team will only improve is not saying that every future individual performance will be better. We have improved since that first game of the season and we will continue to improve but that doesn't mean that along the way we won't have bad games or bad moments within games. Get behind the team, the players and the manager. Become Burnley SUPPORTERS again.
These 26 users liked this post: chekhov Hapag Lloyd gukwonan whiffa Vegas Claret Taffy on the wing Rick_Muller beeholeclaret ClaretCliff Bosscat morpheus2 Clovius Boofus yosserhughes Holtyclaret evensteadiereddie Cabbage LoveCurryPies NewClaret Ipreferaflan simonclaret louieollie Juan Tanamera houseboy S0S-1971 PremierLeagueClass Ness20

Tw@
Been Liked: 62 times
Has Liked: 719 times

Re: Fed up

Post by Tw@ » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:06 am

Put the crack pipe down and get some sleep

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:09 am

When did we become such an entitled fan base?

A newly promoted team (an entire squad built in 12 months) is struggling in the PL and everyone is shocked.

Nobody likes to see their team not winning games but feck me, a little perspective wouldn’t go amiss.

This league is absolutely brutal, there’s a reason every season the 3 newly promoted sides are the 3 favourites to be relegated.

Mistakes have been made this season but people would rather dwell on that instead of look forward.

There’s **** all loyalty for a young manager who took us to this division by winning the title in a special season. Make mistakes in the window, hit a rough spell and just discard him? Don’t allow him the chance to put it right? There’s no better man to bring us back and move us forward than the man who took us up in the first place. 1 step back to take 2 forward hopefully.
These 11 users liked this post: chekhov whiffa Bosscat morpheus2 Darnhill Claret Clovius Boofus Holtyclaret PaintYorkClaretnBlue NewClaret PremierLeagueClass Ness20

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:13 am

It’s an absolute disgrace that some so called Burnley fans have been calling for VK to leave all season long, their mind was made up after 3 games in this league so they’re stuck to that.

Imagine that, 100+ points and a league title only gives you credit in the bank for 3 league games before being slandered online from people who are apparently fans.
These 7 users liked this post: Bosscat Darnhill Claret Clovius Boofus NewClaret louieollie PremierLeagueClass Ness20

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:22 am

“100+ points and a league title”. Then we rip up the plan that got us that, and start from scratch. Or even further behind the eight ball than that. Yes it’s frustrating waiting for something, just something in this “project” to click. A second home win would be a nice start. We’ve only beaten the one team worse than us in 12 attempts. And nothing seems to be changing! That’s what’s frustrating, that’s why fans are fed up.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro MG70

Goliath
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Goliath » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:27 am

If theres one thing Burnley fans have been this season its patient. Im actually glad the fans showed a bit if dissent today, we have become a bit passive as fans in recent years. If we have to occasionally let them know what isnt acceptable then so be it.
These 3 users liked this post: MG70 ebby Cooclaret

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:27 am

Maybe people are fed up with our club being beaten all
The time.

Doesn’t matter what happened last season, football is a here and now. Kompany for all the accolades he got last year deserves every bit of criticism for the abysmal job he’s made of it this year.

Stop being dramatic 3 games in. It was more around the time of a dozen games in where it was becoming clear that this team is one of the worst ever to grace the premier league.

We weren’t even this bad when Coyle brought us up.

If good old Vincent keeps this form up ( and his job) and the start of next season had better be too 2 form or else the things will really turn toxic if they aren’t starting to already.

What you also have to factor in is that Kompany was given a shed load of resources and he had a lot of time
To plan for this season only to **** it all up against the wall.

No other manager in our history has had the backing that Kompanys been given.

Kilson810
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by Kilson810 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:39 am

I am all for VK staying, but he might help himself (and the club) if he actually plays our best XI.

There should be no room for abuse, but there is plenty of room for criticism. I booed them off at half time and will do so in the next match if they play like that again. All I want is a team that puts their all into a game, I personally did not see that in the first half. Second half was mostly poor as well, but they fought for a point. Today needed to be win, it didn't happen, but at least they grew a pair in that second half and got something from the game.

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:53 am

“Maximum effort is the minimum requirement” 🤔
This user liked this post: Kilson810

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4074 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:06 am

RammyClaret61 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:22 am
And nothing seems to be changing! That’s what’s frustrating, that’s why fans are fed up.
That's pretty much on the money.
I think the fans have been remarkably patient up to now, sure there was a bit of booing today at HT, but that's all.

And you can't blame them.

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:10 am

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:27 am
Maybe people are fed up with our club being beaten all
The time.

Doesn’t matter what happened last season, football is a here and now. Kompany for all the accolades he got last year deserves every bit of criticism for the abysmal job he’s made of it this year.

Stop being dramatic 3 games in. It was more around the time of a dozen games in where it was becoming clear that this team is one of the worst ever to grace the premier league.

We weren’t even this bad when Coyle brought us up.

If good old Vincent keeps this form up ( and his job) and the start of next season had better be too 2 form or else the things will really turn toxic if they aren’t starting to already.

What you also have to factor in is that Kompany was given a shed load of resources and he had a lot of time
To plan for this season only to **** it all up against the wall.

No other manager in our history has had the backing that Kompanys been given.
Has any manager ever had your backing?

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:11 am

Considering we’ve won ONCE at home all season, I think the fanbase have been remarkably patient. I don’t think Kompany should go when we do go down, he should have the chance to get things going again next season but come on now.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:44 am

That first half was unacceptable, however people try and dress it up.
These 3 users liked this post: longsidepies Silkyskills1 Wo Didi

RammyClaret61

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:49 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:44 am
That first half was unacceptable, however people try and dress it up.
In what was a very winnable, must win game.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:13 am

If we are talking about the goals we conceded, the second was poor. Ekdal struggled for the whole of the first half and we may not see him again in a Burnley shirt unless he was carrying an injury. The first goal was a deflection leaving Trafford clutching at thin air. It happens. The rest of the half was poor but neither keeper had much to do. They seemed to keep the ball better than we did. As for the 90 minutes Trafford made 5 good saves, I know because they were on MOTD. not sure that we tested their keeper, but as I said earlier, we were poor today. We came out stronger in the second half but it took us a long time to assert ourselves over Fulham but we did, battling back to collect a point. Palace and Sheff U both got battered. In the cold light of day, we did well to claim a point after going 2 down. The fight goes on. It would be better if all the fans could get behind the team, however unlikely that is. Most of the fans at games are great but the players are likely to respond better to encouragement than abuse.
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing longsidepies

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11056 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:35 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:09 am
When did we become such an entitled fan base?

A newly promoted team (an entire squad built in 12 months) is struggling in the PL and everyone is shocked.
the one that tickles me is the "Kompany has had loads of money and Luton are above us'

If it was about money as they all claim it to be then why aren't Chelsea top and Luton bottom ? They simply cannot answer that question without screwing their 'argument'

Football at this level is brutal
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:19 am

I'm fed up with supporting something described as more like Kickstarter project than a football club. I'd rather see us win games and develop a proper team than have investment assets that will help build our global brand with strategic partnerships with other corporate bullshit.

Every single signing is about resale value when it doesn't work like that. Sometimes you need an Eric Pieters, a Phil Bardsley or a Joey Barton type of signing, bringing in players older than 27 isn't a bad thing.

Luton kept their team together and signed the likes of Ross Barkley, Andros Townsend and Tim Krul - not world beaters but experienced, honest players who are likely to give you £100m in Premier League cash when they keep you up.
These 7 users liked this post: CoolClaret Rumpelstiltskin Pearcey getbennyon Stayingup SussexDon1inIreland Wo Didi

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:55 am

I'm fed up of seeing the manager roll out players that do **** all, especially when he persists with them when I think there's far better that's barely had a kick all season.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:28 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:58 pm
Saying that a team will only improve is not saying that every future individual performance will be better. We have improved since that first game of the season and we will continue to improve but that doesn't mean that along the way we won't have bad games or bad moments within games.
“This is the worst we will be all season” - that’s exactly what he said.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:53 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:35 am
the one that tickles me is the "Kompany has had loads of money and Luton are above us'

If it was about money as they all claim it to be then why aren't Chelsea top and Luton bottom ? They simply cannot answer that question without screwing their 'argument'

It isn't about how much he's spent it's about how he's spent it, he's wasted money on players that haven't got anywhere close to putting in a shift. Some have been awful whilst fan favourites have been pushed to one side or shipped out.
I don't care what anybody says Ramsey and Tresor aren't being picked on merit over Zaroury and Benson, they've done nothing to suggest there better players at any level.
Tactics, selections and in game management all season has just been strange.
People are fed up and rightly so, we should be doing better but some games we don't even put any effort in

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:42 am

I’m a season ticket holder 30 odd years first time I’d been on today for a few months due to other commitments for a must win game in my opinion that was absolutely shocking no fight at all in this side weak as seems like we just accept defeat at every level…

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:48 am

Distinct lack of effort
Constantly changing formations
Players playing out of position for no reason
Poor recruitment
No DNA in how we play
Exactly the same mistakes week in week out with no improvement
We can’t defend a corner all season and that hasn’t improved
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Boss Hogg

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2604 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:32 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:35 am

Moneys a very useful tool…. If you spend it right.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 2921 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:41 am

Hoping the new lads will reinvigorate the team. I don't think it was lack of effort, it looked like more lack of belief.

Yesterday we did something we haven't been able to do at all this season, come from behind and it was from two behind and I genuinely think this will be significant for us.

The only downside is our next two games are very tough and we could have done with easier fixtures to build on.

Beyer and Taylor will make a big difference IMO and surely now VK has enough options to remove some of the players who are just not Upto standard/lost the fight.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:04 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:42 am
I’m a season ticket holder 30 odd years first time I’d been on today for a few months due to other commitments for a must win game in my opinion that was absolutely shocking no fight at all in this side weak as seems like we just accept defeat at every level…
No fight?

A team with no fight doesn't come back from 2.0 down to score two near the end of the game
These 3 users liked this post: Funkydrummer NewClaret Juan Tanamera

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:09 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:04 am
No fight?

A team with no fight doesn't come back from 2.0 down to score two near the end of the game
For the first time this season despite us now being in February.

beeholeclaret
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by beeholeclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:18 am

Criticism of the team one thing but abuse of other posters is rife. Some people ask for trouble and post comments which invite a response. Monty Python had the “argument” sketch but it’s not enjoyable reading some of this stuff.

Sometimes more balance is needed in people’s arguments but as with much of the world today opinions are completely polarised and it has to be one thing or another.

Yesterday Burnley were up for it and pressed hard for the first 15 minutes. We were initially caught on the break and a ball whipped in from their right flank was deflected and I thought Trafford could’ve intercepted the ball before it skidded out for the fateful corner. After that we were shell shocked and a solid Fulham side took control as our confidence waned. A number of players were off form or lacking in confidence and played poorly. Supporters in the ground tried to lift the team but there was plenty to grumble about and that would’ve been felt by the players. The new lads were good and a side lacking confidence needs this boost to morale and this enabled us to grab a point.

It’s been an unusual season and I’m not sure what plan Kompany and Pace have in mind. I just hope the club is in a better position at the end of the season than we were after the Dyche departure. On our good days the football has been entertaining but too often we have surrendered the initiative in games and as a result thrown away points which could’ve kept us in with a survival chance.

Less arguments and agenda driven posts would make this site more enjoyable but I’m not holding out hopes of this occurring anytime soon. I have a number of posters on my foe list but for some reason I am still seeing their posts. How can I sort this?
Last edited by beeholeclaret on Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:19 am

Nori1958 wrote:
No fight?

There was no fight and no urgency. The first goal was good breakaway but if Leno doesn't make the error we don't score, second goal was a total fluke.
We got a point that we didn't deserve

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 2921 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:42 am

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:19 am
There was no fight and no urgency. The first goal was good breakaway but if Leno doesn't make the error we don't score, second goal was a total fluke.
We got a point that we didn't deserve
First goal was an excellent cross that made it a nightmare for any keeper.

Second goal was about the forward wanting it more than the defender.

Both were created by good work initially. I don't agree we were lucky with either, we created and took both opportunities, something we have struggled with this season.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:44 am

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:42 am

Both were created by good work initially. I don't agree we were lucky with either, we created and took both opportunities, something we have struggled with this season.
So no Leno error?
There was no reason for Leno to come and claim the cross if he stands on his line it's an easy save.
Second goal the defender misses it and it hits Fofana's trailing leg!
We created nothing second half, it was an awful performance but we are becoming used to it now and rolling out the tired old excuses

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:45 am

beeholeclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:18 am
Criticism of the team one thing but abuse of other posters is rife. Some people ask for trouble and post comments which invite a response. Monty Python had the “argument” sketch but it’s not enjoyable reading some of this stuff.

Sometimes more balance is needed in people’s arguments but as with much of the world today opinions are completely polarised and it has to be one thing or another.

Yesterday Burnley were up for it and pressed hard for the first 15 minutes. We were initially caught on the break and a ball whipped in from their right flank was deflected and I thought Trafford could’ve intercepted the ball before it skidded out for the fateful corner. After that we were shell shocked and a solid Fulham side took control as our confidence waned. A number of players were off form or lacking in confidence and played poorly. Supporters in the ground tried to lift the team but there was plenty to grumble about and that would’ve been felt by the players. The new lads were good and a side lacking confidence needs this boost to morale and this enabled us to grab a point.

It’s been an unusual season and I’m not sure what plan Kompany and Pace have in mind. I just hope the club is in a better position at the end of the season than we were after the Dyche departure. On our good days the football has been entertaining but too often we have surrendered the initiative in games and as a result thrown away points which could’ve kept us in with a survival chance.

Less arguments and agenda driven posts would make this site more enjoyable but I’m not holding out hopes of this occurring anytime soon. I have a number of posters on my foe list but for some reason I am still seeing their posts. How can I sort this?
Excellent post. I’m also having the issue of seeing people’s posts on my foe list so echo your question.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:49 am

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:42 am

The funniest thing yesterday was when our so called fans were booing and groaning in the 90th minute when we were building from the back, then their boos had to turn to cheers as the move progressed and we scored, I bet they were the ones running home so that they could be the first on here to aim abuse at the players/manager/owners/stewards/other fans.
These 4 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret Holtyclaret evensteadiereddie NewClaret

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:52 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:45 am
Excellent post. I’m also having the issue of seeing people’s posts on my foe list so echo your question.
You can see those on your foe list if you don't log in, or if someone else quotes one of their posts.... unfortunately.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:53 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:49 am
The funniest thing yesterday was when our so called fans were booing and groaning in the 90th minute when we were building from the back, then their boos had to turn to cheers as the move progressed and we scored, I bet they were the ones running home so that they could be the first on here to aim abuse at the players/manager/owners/stewards/other fans.
Yes but a draw still wasn't good enough was it, it was a must win!
Sick of hearing this old your not a fan if you don't accept the garbage week in week out and get behind the lads.
I stayed til the end and supported them to the end but when the 90 minutes is over I'll say what I feel.

Row Z
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 am

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:44 am
So no Leno error?
There was no reason for Leno to come and claim the cross if he stands on his line it's an easy save.
Second goal the defender misses it and it hits Fofana's trailing leg!
We created nothing second half, it was an awful performance but we are becoming used to it now and rolling out the tired old excuses
Play that back the other way… Fulham put in an awful
performance, they only scored the first because we should have cleared the corner at the near post and Trafford should either stay on his line or come and clear everything for the second.

Oh wait.. that’s how chances and goals are created. We got two, they got two.

First half was definitely not good enough, second half was improved. Kompany gets enough criticism for poor subs when today his subs made the difference.
These 3 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret burnleymik NewClaret

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:59 am

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:53 am
Yes but a draw still wasn't good enough was it, it was a must win!
Sick of hearing this old your not a fan if you don't accept the garbage week in week out and get behind the lads.
I stayed til the end and supported them to the end but when the 90 minutes is over I'll say what I feel.
Did I say it was good enough?

If you think it's ok to boo the players during the game then ok

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:02 am

Row Z wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 am
Play that back the other way… Fulham put in an awful
performance, they only scored the first because we should have cleared the corner at the near post and Trafford should either stay on his line or come and clear everything for the second.

Oh wait.. that’s how chances and goals are created. We got two, they got two.

First half was definitely not good enough, second half was improved. Kompany gets enough criticism for poor subs when today his subs made the difference.
Good point that about the substitutes, plenty of threads and posts on here when they don't work, yet very little mention about yesterday's when they did work, strange that :lol:

jojomk1
Been Liked: 851 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:03 am

Row Z wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:54 am
But, given the average performance of some of the starting eleven, a number of those subs should have started

Amdouni, Ekdal and Ramsey are struggling in this team plus Vitinho is poor at RB never mind LB

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1150 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:04 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:02 am
Good point that about the substitutes, plenty of threads and posts on here when they don't work, yet very little mention about yesterday's when they did work, strange that :lol:
Lots of mentions that the subs should’ve started though isn’t there. Not sure that anyone wanted Ramsey and Amdouni to start but they did and were awful………. again!

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:09 am

Pearcey wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:04 am
Lots of mentions that the subs should’ve started though isn’t there. Not sure that anyone wanted Ramsey and Amdouni to start but they did and were awful………. again!
Different argument though, we're talking about in game subs

I was surprised Fofana didn't start, but can probably understand why we didn't start with two new players at the back, especially when they will only have had one training session, however playing Berge at the back was baffling
This user liked this post: Pearcey

ClaretsPadiham
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by ClaretsPadiham » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:17 am

Why didn’t you just mention my username pal ?

Maybe we are sick of you lot who are clearly happy to get outplayed, outfought and embarrassed every week. The club is on a sad decline to the Championship and with this imposter incharge and the potential of him wasting more money in the next transfer window, we could find ourselves in League 1 before you know it. But ‘Trust the process eh’?

Last season was brilliant and he did a terrific job but we have gone backwards so much and the players he has bought are all nowhere near what’s required. They aren’t even trying it’s clear to see.

We have been patient long enough, if he wasn’t a student of Pep and at any other club he would have been gone weeks ago.

It’s simply NOT good enough. He has to go ….

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:21 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:45 am
If you only read posts that you agree with and block the foes, you’re creating an echo chamber. How does that help anything but your ego?

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:23 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:21 am
If you only read posts that you agree with and block the foes, you’re creating an echo chamber. How does that help anything but your ego?
He didn't say why they are on his foe list, I only tend to put posters on there who have been abusive, there are plenty I disagree with but don't put them on the foe list

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:24 am

Nori1958 wrote:
No fight?

Post of the week for me. :P
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:29 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:23 am
He didn't say why they are on his foe list, I only tend to put posters on there who have been abusive, there are plenty I disagree with but don't put them on the foe list
Which is what I am questioning. I totally agree that all abusive posters should go on the foe list and be subject to mod intervention.

But, there does seem a very toxic, ‘if you don’t agree, you’re blocked or wrong or an idiot’ mentality currently, on both sides of an argument.

It also seems that you’re allowed to openly criticise the owners, but not the manager.

There’s always been trends in fan bases, that gain momentum. It just seems that when a few influential posters tip their hat one way or the other, the sheep follow.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:29 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:59 am
Did I say it was good enough?

If you think it's ok to boo the players during the game then ok
Did I say I booed the players during the game?
Or did I say I supported them for the 90 minutes?

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 321 times

Post by Belial » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:32 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:49 am
Not sure about that, i think it's fair to say that a lot of them don't actually go to the games and are instead sat at home with their M&S slippers on with their fingers ready in preparation to be the first to create a negative thread

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 321 times

Post by Belial » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:35 am

ElectroClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:06 am
That's pretty much on the money.
I think the fans have been remarkably patient up to now, sure there was a bit of booing today at HT, but that's all.

And you can't blame them.
Agree. We have been very patient...if this was Everton for example they'd have been protesting by now. I didn't boo yesterday but I do feel it might have been a little reminder that us fans are still turning up waiting for things to happen, so maybe not a bad thing as a one off as long as it doesn't become toxic.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:39 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:29 am
Which is what I am questioning. I totally agree that all abusive posters should go on the foe list and be subject to mod intervention.

But, there does seem a very toxic, ‘if you don’t agree, you’re blocked or wrong or an idiot’ mentality currently, on both sides of an argument.

It also seems that you’re allowed to openly criticise the owners, but not the manager.

There’s always been trends in fan bases, that gain momentum. It just seems that when a few influential posters tip their hat one way or the other, the sheep follow.
The foe button is just an easy option that happy clappers use when they have been proven wrong in a discussion.
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:44 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:03 am
But, given the average performance of some of the starting eleven, a number of those subs should have started

Amdouni, Ekdal and Ramsey are struggling in this team plus Vitinho is poor at RB never mind LB
Ramsey and Amdouni are passengers in this team currently. I can’t really criticise Vitinho because he is neither a RB or LB. It’s not his fault he is having to play in these positions and even though he is struggling he gives 100%. I feel for the lad.
This user liked this post: dougcollins