Joey Barton Speaks Out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Re: Joey Barton Speaks Out

Post by Anonymous Claret » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:33 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:20 pm
I'm not bothered these days because with the emergence of the vaccine nobody really bothers anymore but back then the masks helped that's the point I'm making. To say the masks don't/never made a difference is foolish at best when you've got scientists & irrefutable evidence suggesting otherwise.
One more time and then I promise to leave the mask debate. Watch the short video clip that I posted earlier and as mentioned previously see the reason why the WHO changed their policy on masks. It had nothing to do with global safety.

Here are some peer reviewed studies from various medical journals that you could also look up.

https://twitter.com/lucywonder14/status ... 13/photo/1
This user liked this post: Quicknick

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:44 pm

I'm losing track here. Is Joey Barton wearing a mask or not?
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:56 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:44 pm
I'm losing track here. Is Joey Barton wearing a mask or not?
Not anymore, his mask has slipped.

He's gone to the dark side.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:35 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:56 pm
Well yes...and no.

Obviously it was just a recent example, and I can't pinpoint a day in time where someone said "this is a conspiracy theory". But logic and evidence suggests that's exactly how it was treated.

For example Postmaster X is charged but says he did nothing wrong. The community then ostracised Postmaster X because they didn't believe that the post office was at fault. Postmaster X then kills himself because everyone thinks he's making it up and he's been ostracised by his community. 20 years later it's finally admitted that the postmasters did nothing wrong except be a victim of crappy software and yet the full legal system, their community and the majority of people in this country believed they were at fault and the post office was nothing to do with it.

This is the definition of a conspiracy theory: A conspiracy theory is an explanation for an event or situation that asserts the existence of a conspiracy by powerful and sinister groups.

I'd argue this fits the definition perfectly. A powerful organisation covered up the truth and there was a theory/explanation that did not fit the official narrative. I don't doubt that some people doubted that narrative, but you don't think everyone did do you?

Just to mention I'm not a conspiracy theorist myself, I just enjoy these kind of debates. (Well aside from the response from the guy above) :lol:
I think you might be stretching a bit there. Not many people describe the post office as a powerful and sinister group (although I have vague memories of some weird conspiracy theory around the postal service in the US) and you'd expect more than the post office to be involved in this to be a conspiracy.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 am

I'm not sure who I trust the most between the conspiracy theorists and the people who believe everything they are told by the national media.
The world would seem much less deranged if the sensible people in the middle were more outspoken than the half wits on either side, as seen on this thread
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick AfloatinClaret

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7199 times

Post by Quicknick » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:18 am

Damo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 am
I'm not sure who I trust the most between the conspiracy theorists and the people who believe everything they are told by the national media.
The world would seem much less deranged if the sensible people in the middle were more outspoken than the half wits on either side, as seen on this thread
Couldn't agree more.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:45 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:14 pm
Which ones?

The crappy blue ones that you could still smell farts through?

Or the ones that wouldn't look out of place at Chernobyl?
The blue ones
It was also a requirement on public transport long after we ditched them

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 289 times
Has Liked: 312 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:05 am

Some interesting reframing of people who aren’t conspiracy theorists going on here. Far more subtle.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:09 am

Anonymous Claret wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:33 pm
One more time and then I promise to leave the mask debate. Watch the short video clip that I posted earlier and as mentioned previously see the reason why the WHO changed their policy on masks. It had nothing to do with global safety.

Here are some peer reviewed studies from various medical journals that you could also look up.

https://twitter.com/lucywonder14/status ... 13/photo/1
I'll stick with the official line from the WHO if it's all the same. Whenever I go to the hospital or doctors surgery even the dentist the professional people I come across aren't all wearing masks for the purpose of fancy dress costumes there's a reason they are donning masks & a damn good 1 at that.
This user liked this post: Clovius Boofus

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:40 am

Damo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 am
It certainly seems to be the case that a lot of media is just becoming unthinking client media, regurgitating whatever ideological viewpoint they have rather than applying some critical thinking. Don't know if it is the Fox News influence, a desperate attempt to make a quick buck or something else.

There was a great "correction" in the Telegraph the other day for instance:

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:58 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:09 am
I'll stick with the official line from the WHO if it's all the same. Whenever I go to the hospital or doctors surgery even the dentist the professional people I come across aren't all wearing masks for the purpose of fancy dress costumes there's a reason they are donning masks & a damn good 1 at that.
Well said.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2034 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:15 am

It seems some still can't fathom how someone who doesn't believe a conspiracy can also not just believe everything the media tells them too.

Why do so many seem to think complex topics are so dichotomous?