Trafford individual errors/points lost

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Re: Trafford individual errors/points lost

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:04 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:45 pm
You seem to have a personal vendetta against anyone who calls James Trafford ,do you not agree ,they’res a problem when the player rating average him at 4.6 for today?and it’s not an odd game it’s becoming the main topic on the board after every game,not everyone’s in the Muric fan club.
Spending a lot of time on here to say you’re on a yacht in the Canary Islands

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:11 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:04 pm
Spending a lot of time on here to say you’re on a yacht in the Canary Islands
Have you not heard of wifi Robbie ?usual Saturday night same old few trying to defend VK picking a League 1 keeper ,can’t really keep on defending JT so having to resort to attacking the posters ,I’m sure sooner or later the penny will drop that VK’s backing a dead donkey.

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:02 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:11 pm
Have you not heard of wifi Robbie ?usual Saturday night same old few trying to defend VK picking a League 1 keeper ,can’t really keep on defending JT so having to resort to attacking the posters ,I’m sure sooner or later the penny will drop that VK’s backing a dead donkey.
On a yacht in the Canaries and you spend all afternoon on here slating Trafford…….weird.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:53 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:16 pm
Its not Trafford's fault he has been put in this position. Of course he is going to make mistakes at his age. Additionally he has no experience of playing at this level. If you are going to blame someone blame Kompany and the club policy
He's got more experinece of playing at this level than Muric has. Trafford has played more league games at all levels, and he's played more league games at PL level, and more league games at top-five-European-league level, than Muric has. It is now a redundant argument to claim Muric should play because Trafford is inexperienced.

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:26 pm

Benson wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:02 pm
On a yacht in the Canaries and you spend all afternoon on here slating Trafford…….weird.
Don’t you get live Premier League football where you live ? www means World Wide Web not Liverpool and districts.

Tackler49
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by Tackler49 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:00 am

This isn’t a personal vendetta against JT in most cases but if he keeps making the same mistakes fans will always give an opinion, the lad is trying his best the problem is that VK doesn’t seem to want drop him it can’t do his confidence any good having to “learn” on the job the premier league is not the place try and learn as some of our players are finding out

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:24 am

I am a big Muric fan and I was from the very first game. The majority of people don't seem to realise how difficult it is to be a goalkeeper. Every position has its difficulties but a goalkeeping error often leads to losing a goal. Goalkeeper errors are a regular occurance. I have seen umpteen goalkeeping mistakes this season from all clubs and all keepers, including Ederson and Alisson.

I have to say that I think that James Trafford has come to a new club, at a young age, playing behind not the best defence or defenders, and with the back line constantly changing. I think that most people agree that he is a very good shot-stopper and has made many excellent saves. I'm not sure that zonal marking at corners has helped.

I don't think that there will be agreement over how many goals have been considered to have come as a direct result of a Trafford mistake.

I'm going to say if Trafford has conceded say 5 by his errors, do we think that Muric would have conceded fewer over the same number of games from mistakes.

It isn't Trafford's fault that he started as first choice.

I do believe that there should have been a longer period of time for Trafford to get accustomed to the system of playing out from the back and Muric should have started as first choice but that didn't happen. However I believe that we should be supporting every player that pulls on the shirt instead of trying to find fault and stop criticising and over analysing every goal that we conceed.

Apart from allowances being made for Foster, quite rightly, is there any other player who has not been dug out over the season. I think not. Surely this is wrong. Surely this is not supporting.

Seems strange that critics see nothing wrong, even when their criticism turns abusive, but see every mistake a player makes, including imagined mistakes.

Hey ho.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:24 am
Goalkeeper errors are a regular occurance.
Yes, we’ve all watched Trafford enough this season to believe that.
This user liked this post: Blatherwickstattoo

Carlos the Great
Been Liked: 150 times
Has Liked: 375 times

Post by Carlos the Great » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:32 am

I don’t think Trafford has made a mistake … making a mistake gives the impression that normally he would have dealt with the corner properly and that this is an isolated error … a mistake … when in reality this is the norm for him .. he is unable to deal with corners and high balls into his area … so if you want to think this is just a mistake .. get ready for a lot more mistakes and errors in the upcoming games

Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:53 am

He is awful at corners and crossing in general but I do have my sympathies. There is little chance he can improve in training with baring yesterday’s goal we are absolutely woeful at attacking corners and the delivery into the box by brown hill is poor. Bet we don’t beat the first man in training neither 🤣

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:24 am
I'm going to say if Trafford has conceded say 5 by his errors, do we think that Muric would have conceded fewer over the same number of games from mistakes.
He's been blamed for a lot more than 5.

Liverpool 3 goals conceded, he was blamed for 2.
Fulham 2 goals conceded, he was blamed for 2.
Man City 3 goals conceded, he got a free pass on that one.
Luton 1 goal conceded, he was blamed for 1.

That's 5 of the last 9 goals he was "at fault" for, and I reckon it has been that sort of ratio all season. If only we had a competent goalkeeper, according to the critics, our defence would be up there with Liverpool and Arsenal.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18279 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:23 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 pm

That's 5 of the last 9 goals he was "at fault" for, and I reckon it has been that sort of ratio all season. If only we had a competent goalkeeper, according to the critics, our defence would be up there with Liverpool and Arsenal.
I think there are more folk involved in defending than just the keeper in Liverpool and Arsenil 🤣

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:46 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 pm

Blamed by who? Those who blame him for everything that happens in the world, or people who actually know about football, I'll go with the first group, especially if you're counting the Luton goal

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1039 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 pm

I honestly don't think it's a case of "points lost" as I think it's more of in game momentum stopped