Serial winners?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Longsidejono
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Serial winners?

Post by Longsidejono » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 pm

Are we going under the radar? With vk new to the league, I’ve seen so many reports and opposition fans saying we were good especially start of the season ‘we will be okay’

Facts are proving we will not be okay, managers like pep, klopp, arteta, emery, (in the past mourinho) so aggravated on the side like if not going their way, while that’s not the sole reason is it not a coincidence that they are all doing very well in this league

Does Vinny need to start going crazy on the side? I sit in the bob lord he’s pretty animated but knowing the vars that have gone against us does he need to be absolutely mental to get the decisions?

Yes this is not going to define the whole game of football but facts are proving that the most active are doing very well in this league or are they just serial winners?

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Re: Serial winners?

Post by what_no_pies » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:30 pm

The current trends of officiating directly reward simulation, deception and remonstrating with officials. I hope we don't join in the circus but not having done so has cost us real points and possibly our place in the league.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:37 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:30 pm
The current trends of officiating directly reward simulation, deception and remonstrating with officials. I hope we don't join in the circus but not having done so has cost us real points and possibly our place in the league.
No. What's cost us this season is defensive ineptitude and not scoring enough goals with players who aren't yet ready for this level of football.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:23 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:30 pm
No the Championship ImAfraid.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:57 pm

Out of two possible reasons why Man city are better than Burnley - either (1) that they have spent more money on better players, or (2) that their manager shouts louder than ours - I'd say the spending money is the really significant factor.

If Pep lost his voice and Kompany got sent off a few times, would we finish above City?

Longsidejono
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Longsidejono » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:19 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:57 pm
Out of two possible reasons why Man city are better than Burnley - either (1) that they have spent more money on better players, or (2) that their manager shouts louder than ours - I'd say the spending money is the really significant factor.

If Pep lost his voice and Kompany got sent off a few times, would we finish above City?
1) I think nobody on this thread or even board has said we are better than city in any shape or form 😂 the only way we are better than city is that we don’t have 115 breaches of ffp

2) no cause city finish 1st place so no higher places than that otherwise yeah potentially 😏

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:37 pm
No. What's cost us this season is defensive ineptitude and not scoring enough goals with players who aren't yet ready for this level of football.
You're not wrong about our own shortcomings, but my point about the officials costing us points remains.
This user liked this post: Benson