Arsenal goals yesterday against the Clarets…

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
PJMOZ
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 11 times

Arsenal goals yesterday against the Clarets…

Post by PJMOZ » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:50 am

I reckon the Clarets goalkeeper was to blame for at least 3 of the Arsenal goals…
Let’s see how Trafford does next week when Arsenal play the real Clarets, I reckon this board would have gone into meltdown if it was Trafford in goal yesterday making those mistakes!

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2016 times
Has Liked: 2914 times

Re: Arsenal goals yesterday against the Clarets…

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:59 am

PJMOZ wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:50 am
I reckon the Clarets goalkeeper was to blame for at least 3 of the Arsenal goals…
Let’s see how Trafford does next week when Arsenal play the real Clarets, I reckon this board would have gone into meltdown if it was Trafford in goal yesterday making those mistakes!
Are you suggesting West Ham fans are not going into meltdown about it? People are correctly concerned that it is common knowledge that if you target our keeper you will get the goals you need to beat us. Zonal marking only contributes to the problem.

PJMOZ
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by PJMOZ » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:25 am

Fairly sure West Han fans are going into meltdown about more than just their keeper…and they are 8th!
I think it’s fairly common knowledge that if you target our defence, you will get the goals to beat us. The keeper is one part of our very poor defence, and our inept zonal marking is just one manifestation of that
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:18 am

West Ham and Arsenal fans are the most fickle you can get

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:38 am

I lived and worked less than a mile from Upton Park in most of the 80s. All the fans wanted was a pretty team that played good footie.

I think the move really shifted their needs

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2473 times
Has Liked: 2010 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:41 am

The first goal yesterday was classic. White stands by Areola and as the corner sails over them both he gives him a little block and immediately walks away. Never, ever going to be called for a foul but just enough to stop Areola getting to his backpost and catching it.