O/T AI Music video

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tasty Corn
Has Liked: 3 times

O/T AI Music video

Post by Tasty Corn » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:28 pm

So I have a lot of experience in audio visual before AI, but have been using them recently for things like what I have linked below.

Whilst I legally own the commercial rights to this stuff, there is the moral argument, that me, a supposedly displaced creative ought to be on the other side of.

What are your thoughts on this?

Example

https://youtu.be/cT4SuGW1qHc

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Re: O/T AI Music video

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:34 pm

The moral arguments about AI are complex but they won't really matter for as long as it is only capable of making crap like that.
This user liked this post: Tasty Corn

Tasty Corn

Post by Tasty Corn » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:40 pm

Sora, by Open AI, is a must bigger beast.

Example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enz_ROxrp90

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:41 pm

Generative AI is a complete cancer.

Tasty Corn

Post by Tasty Corn » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:41 pm
Generative AI is a complete cancer.
Sounds awful, elaborate?

I mean, I have heard a lot of the main arguments against, jobs, diminishment of human creativity.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:49 pm

Tasty Corn wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm
Sounds awful, elaborate?

I mean, I have heard a lot of the main arguments against, jobs, diminishment of human creativity.
It's taking data from the output of humans then effectively 'reshuffling it' a tad to come up with something slightly different, withou any credit or attribution to the original creator, all while the company that created the tech massively profits off it.

It's a literal cancer.

Oh and Meta (facdebook) are feeding people's images and videos into their own one, so yet another reason to delete your meta accounts.

Tasty Corn

Post by Tasty Corn » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:54 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:49 pm
It's taking data from the output of humans then effectively 'reshuffling it' a tad to come up with something slightly different, withou any credit or attribution to the original creator, all while the company that created the tech massively profits off it.

It's a literal cancer.

Oh and Meta (facdebook) are feeding people's images and videos into their own one, so yet another reason to delete your meta accounts.
That process you are describing is exactly how most bands start, they listen to some bands, get some heroes, make music in the vein of them. What is the difference, other than the automation? Should Oasis credit the Beatles for every track they made and were inspired by?

GavlarClaret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by GavlarClaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:55 pm

AI could and should be used for good. It's exciting and can do unbelievable things very quickly/instantly

Unfortunately when something is just way too big it all becomes about money and that's where it scares the life out of me!

It'll be used for nefarious ends unfortunately and needs to be heavily regulated by not just governments but the whole of society. How this is done is way beyond me though!!
This user liked this post: Tasty Corn

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:56 pm

I was lying when I said the moral arguments are complex btw. They're very straightforward and the idiocy above shows why.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:00 pm

Tasty Corn wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:54 pm
That process you are describing is exactly how most bands start, they listen to some bands, get some heroes, make music in the vein of them. What is the difference, other than the automation? Should Oasis credit the Beatles for every track they made and were inspired by?
That is a complete strawman and not what I've said at all no.

Humans being influenced by other humans is something vastly different than a computer rehashing pre-existing content.

Art/artistry is one of the truest forms of communication that we have and Oasis songs are still very different from the Beatles, the musicianship is vastly different for a start.

They're still having to:

- learn how to play an instrument(s)
- come up with lyrics/write a song

This is before the absolute mess that can come from this stuff - faking videos of people/events etc.

It's an absolute cancer and totally undermines what makes us human.
This user liked this post: daveisaclaret

Tasty Corn

Post by Tasty Corn » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:32 pm

GavlarClaret wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:55 pm
AI could and should be used for good. It's exciting and can do unbelievable things very quickly/instantly

Unfortunately when something is just way too big it all becomes about money and that's where it scares the life out of me!

It'll be used for nefarious ends unfortunately and needs to be heavily regulated by not just governments but the whole of society. How this is done is way beyond me though!!
Sensible input, yeah, I agree, the issue is simply, we will want to use it for the things that we currently pursue, like profit, land and power. A lot of experts talk about the alignment problem: how do we align it to our goals? I think the issue is, 1) who's goals? 2) How can we agree and enforce common "out of bounds" goals?

"If we don't, our competitors will" mentality can soon kick in and all morals are out the window. Whether that be at a business or governmental level. If China are prepared to overlook a moral boundary to gain a competitive advantage being a good potential example.

The latest model by Open AI I mentioned above "Sora" not only produces the video, but understands the physics of the situation, when you combine this with wearable tech like the apple vision pro the results will be spectacular. Up until now, I think the focus has been on the office workers and artists, but then think a second for what all of that does to an already exploding robotics field.

That tech is coming down in price but is becoming pretty centralised to a few controlling interests, however the open source scene (excluding Meta's data collector masquerading as Open source) is absolutely massive and I am using this for free without any data collection, all done local and offline if I want.

I am equal parts excited and nervous of what is to come, because I can see a lot of ways to automate a lot of busy work we pay millions for, oh and recession..... :!:

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:04 pm

I heard on an American podcast that you could not trade mark or claim ownership of AI created content?

Is it correct that you "legally own the commercial rights"?