VK OUT !!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Re: VK OUT !!

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:53 am

blatherwickstattoos wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 am
Give him the same chance dyche had. He won’t get long though next season of results dont come quickly
Iam a big fan of Kompany, and wouldn't even think of getting rid, but that would need looking at should we not be challenging after 10 games in the championship

Sgt. Pepper
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by Sgt. Pepper » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:56 am

It's a shame, but this season is an absolute train wreck. From the outside Kompany looks bereft of ideas, some of his footballing decisions have been odd to say the least.

Worryingly, his man management skills also appear questionable. The (admittedly in some cases enforced) replacement of key members of a successful group, and showing no loyalty to others must make it difficult to foster any sort of group mentality/team spirit.

Like many people who have been very successful, Kompany appears to be stubborn, and to have complete conviction in his beliefs/ideas. This is problematic when you're consistently losing. I would imagine this is by far the most challenging period of his career. It takes a very different set of skills to perform/manage in a situation where everything is going wrong.

In all honesty it's been obvious that we would be relegated for some time now. It's also looking more than possible that Sheffield United will overtake us, and leave us as one of the worst ever teams to have competed in the Premier League.

The question is do we give Kompany the chance next season? I'm not sure Dyche is that useful a comparison. Dyche more often than not managed to get the best performances possible from some players who had often been journeymen, and may not have otherwise had an opportunity at the very top level. Kompany and the current squad are in some ways the opposite.

If we carry on our disastrous form/results for the rest of the season we run the risk of a hangover next season. Anything more than one season in the Championship may prove financially challenging for the club, given the amount of leveraged debt involved in the current owners purchase of the club.
The value of some of the players brought over the summer will also have taken a hit, due to the performance of the team overall.

I'm pretty sure at the end of last season none of us imagined we'd d be in this situation.
I might be wrong, but I think the fact that Kompany has a contract until 2028 means that the club simply can't afford to sack him.
These 13 users liked this post: Jamesy nyclaret alwaysaclaret burnleymik CoolClaret spt_claret blatherwickstattoos IanMcL Darthlaw Stan Tastic kentonclaret Tw@ k90bfc

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:00 am

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:56 am
It's a shame, but this season is an absolute train wreck. From the outside Kompany looks bereft of ideas, some of his footballing decisions have been odd to say the least.

Worryingly, his man management skills also appear questionable. The (admittedly in some cases enforced) replacement of key members of a successful group, and showing no loyalty to others must make it difficult to foster any sort of group mentality/team spirit.

Like many people who have been very successful, Kompany appears to be stubborn, and to have complete conviction in his beliefs/ideas. This is problematic when you're consistently losing. I would imagine this is by far the most challenging period of his career. It takes a very different set of skills to perform/manage in a situation where everything is going wrong.

In all honesty it's been obvious that we would be relegated for some time now. It's also looking more than possible that Sheffield United will overtake us, and leave us as one of the worst ever teams to have competed in the Premier League.

The question is do we give Kompany the chance next season? I'm not sure Dyche is that useful a comparison. Dyche more often than not managed to get the best performances possible from some players who had often been journeymen, and may not have otherwise had an opportunity at the very top level. Kompany and the current squad are in some ways the opposite.

If we carry on our disastrous form/results for the rest of the season we run the risk of a hangover next season. Anything more than one season in the Championship may prove financially challenging for the club, given the amount of leveraged debt involved in the current owners purchase of the club.
The value of some of the players brought over the summer will also have taken a hit, due to the performance of the team overall.

I'm pretty sure at the end of last season none of us imagined we'd d be in this situation.
I might be wrong, but I think the fact that Kompany has a contract until 2028 means that the club simply can't afford to sack him.
Great post. You are spot on with your observations.
This user liked this post: oswyclaret

nyclaret
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:06 am

Sgt. Pepper wrote:

Nail on the head.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:07 am

I’m genuinely starting to think VK will end up as a pundit, this season could potentially end his managerial career.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:21 am

Sgt. Pepper wrote:

Absolutely spot on this, quite bizarre though that such camaraderie and togetherness within the team, and a seemingly good connection with vk has completely disappeared, win or lose it has to remain to turn things round. Big question is where does the club go from here, question pace and Co may or should be asking themselves is will it cost more to keep him than it would to sack him, the answer they come up with could ultimately be instrumental in the club's future, given the situation not least with the leveraged debt situation you highlight.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:03 pm

'Lucked in' last season when we brought in 20 players and they somehow gelled, was, and is arrogant enough to think luck had played no part.

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:10 pm

I don't think VK is to blame for Burnley being a weak team as they always have been. The competition is just too much for us. What else can you say?

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 473 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:10 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:07 am
I’m genuinely starting to think VK will end up as a pundit, this season could potentially end his managerial career.
….following in the footsteps of …….Chris Waddle

Carlos the Great
Been Liked: 150 times
Has Liked: 375 times

Post by Carlos the Great » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Unless VK can move some of the players on he bought I can’t see the owners being so generous with their money next season . He has made his bed .. he has talked the talk ,, I can’t see this team getting I the top 6 next season whicb with the amount of money been spent would be a massive failure

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:32 pm

I fear for next season.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:34 pm

This is a really tough one isn't it? Since Christmas he has looked pretty much lost, his interviews are full of cliche and he doesn't seem to be able to put a team out that can compete.

Obviously potting him isn't going to change our chance of staying up so its all really about whether you have faith we can come up again.

From what I am seeing on the pitch at the moment I'm genuinely concerned that we will struggle.the players look spent at the moment and his decisio n making re subs which seems all over the place. He's clearly persisting with the idea that Trafford should try and draw in the opposition to creat space for us to counter a press but its not working - it hasn't really worked since October/November.

He has earned a go at the Championship again but for me if we aren't in the top 6 by end October he should go.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:36 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:32 pm
I fear for next season.
You've changed your tune. You said we'd beat Arsenal :roll:
This user liked this post: nettiepicot92

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:39 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:10 pm
I don't think VK is to blame for Burnley being a weak team as they always have been. The competition is just too much for us. What else can you say?
That's utter shite. We qualified for Europe and had 4 decent seasons where we comfortably survived

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:42 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:36 pm
You've changed your tune. You said we'd beat Arsenal :roll:
I say we will win every week, in my predictions! Could not bear to think otherwise.

In the cold light of day, with no match to predict, for fun, then I fear for this group. There will be inevitable outs. Loans plus Chairman will sell.

That just means another bunch of incoming without a mindset in place, which was left from the residue of the Dyche squad. Just young lads without guidance or experience.

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:47 pm

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:52 am
The 3 huge differences between us and Luton imo, fight, physicality and actually wanting to be in this league.
There is another - a plan and purpose that the team is all working to. We look like we don't play with each other all week

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:47 pm

Anthonini wrote:
A lot more than you have just said. Sorry but your post is the daftest one I have read today.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:50 pm

Anthonini wrote:
I’m not VK out (yet), but he is to blame.
I honestly believe that yesterday was more down to him than any player. Tactically it was embarrassing and pathetic. The defeat is not the issue for me it’s the manner of the defeat I have an issue with

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:51 pm

The difference now is that every team has flair players who can do damage, different even to 2 years ago. In the past of the lower teams it would just be Palace with Zaha and a few other similar examples. Now we have 20-30 flair players across 10 clubs around the lower end, all capable of grabbing the odd win with experience in defence helping see games out.

The failing is firstly that experience in central defence. Secondly, Townsend was a must, especially with him saying he was happy on the bench. That right side has been a problem. The right back and defensive midfielder were needed last summer. I firmly believe that those are the cracks that then exaggerate everything else like Trafford’s learning curve and Amdouni getting used to the league, those things are tolerable if we are solid elsewhere.

For next year, the only crack remaining is full back with Assignon departing if we drop and Taylor likely to move on. Other positions I expect us to be really strong, Cullen is more than good enough in the Championship. There will be comings and goings we don’t anticipate but I see is as a title winning force again, getting rid of VK will be insanity.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:55 pm

Anthonini wrote:
"they always have been"
Bullshit.
European finish and 10th place finish under Dyche. On a pittance budget wise.
Burnley FC didn't begin when ALK took over the club, no matter how much they like to erase the history and accomplishments of what came before and pretend that their vision of "Europe in 5 years" is something the club had never achieved nor could dream of before them.
Luton went up via the playoffs, have had their captain struggling for health, spent almost nothing in the summer, and are fighting much better than we are. Sheffield were second, lost their 2 best players 1 to us two days before the season began, spent very little, and are where we are.
Last season was a tremendous, tremendous success- even if we did have the highest spend in the league both net and gross, and had a core of 6 experienced PL players to rebuild around, it was still a far far better season than I ever predicted. This season has been far far worse than I predicted, and no amount of revising expectations to pretend we were always headed for this will change that. 101 points to our current tally of 13, I cannot think of a bigger whiplash in football than that, especially given how much we invested in the summer especially relative to again, Sheffield and Luton as well as a couple of other clubs.
Again, Im not VK Out yet, but I'm worried more by his postmatch comments yesterday than anything and this "Oh, we're just little old Burnley, we never had a chance we've always been crap" is patronising, untrue revisionism that achieves nothing but lowering expectations and laying the groundwork for future excuses if things go tits up. You can back the team without trotting out so many excuses.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:56 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:47 pm
There is another - a plan and purpose that the team is all working to. We look like we don't play with each other all week
Correct, not that I didn't realise, but absolutely agree. Identity simply doesn't exist, leadership, anything.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:13 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:55 pm
"they always have been"
Bullshit.
European finish and 10th place finish under Dyche. On a pittance budget wise.
Burnley FC didn't begin when ALK took over the club, no matter how much they like to erase the history and accomplishments of what came before and pretend that their vision of "Europe in 5 years" is something the club had never achieved nor could dream of before them.
Luton went up via the playoffs, have had their captain struggling for health, spent almost nothing in the summer, and are fighting much better than we are. Sheffield were second, lost their 2 best players 1 to us two days before the season began, spent very little, and are where we are.
Last season was a tremendous, tremendous success- even if we did have the highest spend in the league both net and gross, and had a core of 6 experienced PL players to rebuild around, it was still a far far better season than I ever predicted. This season has been far far worse than I predicted, and no amount of revising expectations to pretend we were always headed for this will change that. 101 points to our current tally of 13, I cannot think of a bigger whiplash in football than that, especially given how much we invested in the summer especially relative to again, Sheffield and Luton as well as a couple of other clubs.
Again, Im not VK Out yet, but I'm worried more by his postmatch comments yesterday than anything and this "Oh, we're just little old Burnley, we never had a chance we've always been crap" is patronising, untrue revisionism that achieves nothing but lowering expectations and laying the groundwork for future excuses if things go tits up. You can back the team without trotting out so many excuses.
Just a single line in your post highlights why success in the Championship last season has become an unmitigated disaster stepping up to the PL.
“and had a core of 6 experienced PL players to build around”. Where was that previous PL experience in the team that took to the field against Arsenal? There was Brownhill who at least put a shift in yesterday and showed some desire.
You can almost guarantee that the promoted clubs from the Championship this season don’t ditch the bulk of their players with PL nous for a bunch of young players showing potential on YouTube videos.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:24 pm

I think in the next few weeks , unless we see a miracle in results, the Press are going to start escalating just how poor we are. Its been brewing for a while now, maybe at least held temporarily by two spirited away displays v Liverpool and City. Last night on Talksport we got big mouth Jamie O'Hara saying we were the poorest team he had seen in the PL for a while. On the same programme another pundit asking how on earth had VK survived.The press are like sheep, and other media will start repeating and reporting the same. Just like many were saying on our last relegation that we were managerless, doomed, broke and destined for League one. They are pathetic, but as the volume is turned up you start to wonder on the impact on Pace, and just as importantly the impact on VK and the coaching team

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:27 pm

The main problem (which I highlighted a while ago now) was that the players with PL experience that played in the Championship were coming towards the end of their careers, and had one final season in them as a swan song. Ashley Barnes a case in point. Part of the summer recruitment should have included replacing these players with experienced heads.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:30 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:24 pm
I think in the next few weeks , unless we see a miracle in results, the Press are going to start escalating just how poor we are. Its been brewing for a while now, maybe at least held temporarily by two spirited away displays v Liverpool and City. Last night on Talksport we got big mouth Jamie O'Hara saying we were the poorest team he had seen in the PL for a while. On the same programme another pundit asking how on earth had VK survived.The press are like sheep, and other media will start repeating and reporting the same. Just like many were saying on our last relegation that we were managerless, doomed, broke and destined for League one. They are pathetic, but as the volume is turned up you start to wonder on the impact on Pace, and just as importantly the impact on VK and the coaching team
Perhaps the pundits are finally seeing what others have seen for some time now and are ready to declare “The Emperor has no clothes”.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:31 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:27 pm
The main problem (which I highlighted a while ago now) was that the players with PL experience that played in the Championship were coming towards the end of their careers, and had one final season in them as a swan song. Ashley Barnes a case in point. Part of the summer recruitment should have included replacing these players with experienced heads.
& they are all OOC, though Brownhill has a years option.

No Barnes, no Jay, no Cork, no JBG, no Taylor... who are the senior lads setting standards and keeping the group together?

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:35 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:31 pm

No Barnes, no Jay, no Cork, no JBG, no Taylor... who are the senior lads setting standards and keeping the group together?
I thought JBG and Taylor had another year after this?
Jesus, that's scary if not.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:35 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Good hope they all lump on and it results in Pace removing Kompany before the start of next season.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:35 pm
I thought JBG and Taylor had another year after this?
Jesus, that's scary if not.
Not always the most accurate for valuations/wages but I can't see Transfermarkt being wrong here.

This summer coming up is vastly different than summer 2022. It's absolutely massive and could be disastrous if we don't get it right.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 13.38.35.png
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 13.38.35.png (354.62 KiB) Viewed 1013 times

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:42 pm

warksclaret wrote:
So is big mouth O’Hara telling porkies then? And then the other pundit (Dean Saunders I think) asking how VK had survived?
Legitimate question in my view. Of course the press and media will start escalating how poor we are. They have been saying it since Christmas anyway.
They are only saying what most of us can see. It’s their job.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:46 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 pm
Not always the most accurate for valuations/wages but I can't see Transfermarkt being wrong here.

This summer coming up is vastly different than summer 2022. It's absolutely massive and could be disastrous if we don't get it right.
Hell's bells.
I'd exercise Gudmundsson's option and I really wish I didn't think that.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:50 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:46 pm
Hell's bells.
I'd exercise Gudmundsson's option and I really wish I didn't think that.
We have to. He's still one of our best players.

Wouldn't surprise me if he could play in a double pivot in the Champ. Classy player.

The gaps in the rest of the squad are massively concerning though.

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:52 pm

To be fair we have Sander as Corks replacement- if we can persuade Browny to stop a year or 2 that may help but if not we have Cullen and Massinga as well. I'd be offering the e tension to JGB though

But we do need to sort the full backs , can't see Charlie wanting to stay without first seeing if we have any further incoming first

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:55 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:42 pm
So is big mouth O’Hara telling porkies then? And then the other pundit (Dean Saunders I think) asking how VK had survived?
Legitimate question in my view. Of course the press and media will start escalating how poor we are. They have been saying it since Christmas anyway.
To be fair we've had a pretty quiet ride really. Most of the MotD coverage has been - how about Burnley then ? - ah meh - (or - they need to cut out silly mistakes but it could come).

After Fulham it was interesting that when Micah Richards said he still hadn't given up on Burnley Jermaine Jenas almost fell of his chair with a very very incredulous response of Really?????

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:57 pm

Massengo? Christ, I hope you are not pinning our hopes on this lad?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:00 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:31 pm

JBG has a year option in the clubs favour

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:42 pm
Talksport.
O'Hara
Saunders.

Ffs.

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:06 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:04 pm
Talksport.
O'Hara
Saunders.

Ffs.
The clue is in the title ……… Talksport.

BabylonClaret

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:08 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:57 pm
Massengo? Christ, I hope you are not pinning our hopes on this lad?
No but he's a possible squad option maybe in the league below - if we are struggling - so the gaps are possibly less than we might have.

f course that assumes Berge doesn't think '**** this for a game of soldiers' and jump at the first offer that comes his way to get out of a side that he's effectively trying to keep afloat single handed.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:10 pm

Oh, I know what it is, Jamesy, I mean who wouldn't want to drink in and believe every word those two supremely successful soccer gurus would spout?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:10 pm
Oh, I know what it is, Jamesy, I mean who wouldn't want to drink in and believe every word those two supremely successful soccer gurus would spout?
Tbf what have they said that is wrong there?

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 pm

JBG is more invaluable than you think, especially in the championship

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:15 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:00 pm
JBG has a year option in the clubs favour
Aye - see the photo I attached

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:16 pm

We're not the poorest team.
Why shouldn't VK stay on?
Sure, it's all about opinions but to refer to Talksport and those two of absolute proof of where our club is at is laughable.
They're paid to stir stuff up, you must get that?

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:35 pm

Last night , motd only talked about how good Arsenal are . They gave VK a free ride . Are all the backroom staff just "yes men " ? Don't any of them see that his tactics aren't working and playing just 2 in midfield in the prem is crazy.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 398 times
Has Liked: 432 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:35 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:55 pm
To be fair we've had a pretty quiet ride really. Most of the MotD coverage has been - how about Burnley then ? - ah meh - (or - they need to cut out silly mistakes but it could come).

After Fulham it was interesting that when Micah Richards said he still hadn't given up on Burnley Jermaine Jenas almost fell of his chair with a very very incredulous response of Really?????
Think Richards might have a different opinion if it wasn't one of his mates in charge. That might contribute to the relatively easy ride VK has had in the media this season.

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:38 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:13 pm
Tbf what have they said that is wrong there?
Nothing they have said is wrong. It’s just steadilylosingiteddie looking to get a rise out of me. :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:41 pm

Oh dear. More tears.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:42 pm

expoultryboy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:35 pm
Last night , motd only talked about how good Arsenal are . They gave VK a free ride . Are all the backroom staff just "yes men " ? Don't any of them see that his tactics aren't working and playing just 2 in midfield in the prem is crazy.
Been saying this for a while. The coaches must surely see certain things that aren't right but happy to let VK to continue with the certain players who just don't consistently perform and omitting others who should get a chance. No one willing to stand up to him. I noticed in yesterday's game, absolute no engagement between the three on the bench and the team
This user liked this post: k90bfc

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:44 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:16 pm
We're not the poorest team.
Why shouldn't VK stay on?
Sure, it's all about opinions but to refer to Talksport and those two of absolute proof of where our club is at is laughable.
They're paid to stir stuff up, you must get that?
We are on the same points as bottom of the table sheff utd, who sacked their manager correctly. We have spent a small fortune compared to our rivals we came up with and are performing way below standard. 13 points in 25 games in any league is a disgusting return and the manager should be in grave peril. 13 points in 25 games would be hard to take even if we hadn’t spent a penny but in the context of our summer transfer activity it’s bordering on criminal.

I don’t wish to be the one to say it but you can screen shot this now. If we stick with Lego head then next season is going to be another failure and an I you so moment.