Burnley v Arsenal - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2054 times

Re: Burnley v Arsenal - Player Ratings

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:29 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:46 pm
They need help from the staff but also the terraces, and I’m not sure the general sense of apathy and even hostility is helpful right now. We had bad days when we were well beaten by the elite teams under Dyche and the feel wasn’t so different today.
Given how terrible this season has been results wise combined with the lack of effort and fight shown on the pitch by too many players I'm pleasantly surprised at how little hostility there has been on the terraces

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Trafford 4
Assignon 5
O'Shea 5
Esteve 5
Delcroix 3
Ramsey 4
Brownhill 3
Berge 5
Odobert 5
Amdouni 3
Fofana 5

Gudmundsson 5
Rodriguez 5
Taylor 5

Talking with people during the week, during the day today, and reading through the comments tonight, the thread running through it all right now is the feeling that these players don't represent Burnley Football Club. The feeling that there is no connection whatsoever between players and fans. The feeling that nobody can be arsed to even get annoyed about it anymore.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:36 pm

No player got above 4 day

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:40 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:29 pm
Given how terrible this season has been results wise combined with the lack of effort and fight shown on the pitch by too many players I'm pleasantly surprised at how little hostility there has been on the terraces
I don't think accusations of a universal lack of fight or effort are fair, though.. I think we've one or two players who don't work hard enough and a couple more who are less dynamic than they might be. But most of all I think we've got a lack of leadership and a lot of young players who are suffering a crisis of confidence having taken a lot of blows this season.

There appear to be a lot of foregone conclusions at present as to the business model and what the summer holds and I think perceptions of the model which may or may not be grounded are causing a reaction against the team which isn't helpful.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:40 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:46 pm

Kompany - needs to reflect on how it was he picked a team with both Amdouni and Odobert in it against Arsenal.

I think everyone needs to reflect and use this as a watershed. Certainly VK who must know he’s got the balance of the team badly wrong this season but needs to pick a team which acknowledges it more than he did today. Also the players who have to stand up and by counted - particularly OShea, Berge and Brownhill who are the most experienced players (a fault in itself and one that needs rectifying at Palace with Cullen and JBG starting to add experience and nous).
I feel like I've read these same statements from you on your ratings for the past few months now.

At what point do you imagine Kompany will begin to reflect on anything? Absolutely no signs of anything yet.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
‘Make Turf Moor hell’. Christ how that has backfired it’s been hell for us! Think Kompany has got away lightly so far maybe down to general apathy.

RetroClaret
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by RetroClaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm

Can't even rate that. I'm not one to walk off early but I did today. I'm not naive enough to have expected a result but it would have been nice to have seen some effort.

Its just got progressively worse over the season and yet VK sticks to his guns starting some players who just don't produce anything.

LincsWoldsClaret
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by LincsWoldsClaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm

Trafford 5
Assignon 3
O'Shea 5
Esteve 4
Delcroix 3
Berge 6* our best defender
Brownhill 5
Ramsey 3 no lessons learned from last week by VK
Amdouni 4 good in defence if not attack
Odobert 5
Fofana 5

Gudmundsson 5
Rodriguez 5
Taylor 5

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:43 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Exactly, a lot of teams would have a completely toxic atmosphere by this stage if they were as poor as we have been this year. I just couldn't be bothered and went to the pub at 3-0. Much preferred spending an hour there with my brother than an another 45 mins of dross on the Turf.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:46 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm
‘Make Turf Moor hell’. Christ how that has backfired it’s been hell for us! Think Kompany has got away lightly so far maybe down to general apathy.
The fixture draw sort of put paid to that notion at source. It didn't really give us a chance to make Turf Moor a fortress.

Flixtonclaret1
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by Flixtonclaret1 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:51 pm

Trafford 6
Assignon 5
O’Shea 6 kept at it
Esteve 5
Delcroix 5
Ramsey 5 hope the lads ok
Brownhill 3 not Captain material MIA
Berge 7 never stopped
Odobert 6
Fofana 6 tried his best but outnumbered
Amdouni 4

JBG 6 can put a tackle in and support the defence
Taylor 6 welcome back
Rodriguez 6 for the two tackles if nothing else

We are lacking leaders - Fofana was the only one shouting encouragement at the break in play when Ramsey was hurt - and he’s on loan!!! - but our post media comms just want to forget and move on - the connect from players to the fans which was fantastic last season has gone - not good enough but not seen any apologies to the fans in no attendance or part attendance.
We never expected to win or even draw today but our DNA has been severely tampered with - I’ve seen more pride in the badge from watching the U21s and the U 18s this season than that today.

Only positive - the Away fans singing are you West Ham in disguise.

Onwards …..

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:53 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:40 pm
I don't think accusations of a universal lack of fight or effort are fair, though.. I think we've one or two players who don't work hard enough and a couple more who are less dynamic than they might be. But most of all I think we've got a lack of leadership and a lot of young players who are suffering a crisis of confidence having taken a lot of blows this season.

There appear to be a lot of foregone conclusions at present as to the business model and what the summer holds and I think perceptions of the model which may or may not be grounded are causing a reaction against the team which isn't helpful.
I don't think they are fair either... Last week they put in a good shift against Liverpool.

The manager isn't helping and I don't think the business model will ultimately work but I think for the most part the players have remained remarkably resilient.

They were just outclassed today...

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3347 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:54 pm

Trafford 6
Assignon 5
O'Shea 6
Esteve 5
Delcroix 5
Ramsey 4 (I hope he's ok btw)
Brownhill 4
Berge 6
Oderbert 5
Andoumi 4
Fofana 6

JBG 5
Jay 5

A truly dreadful display. I've mentioned on other threads that we've regularly been turned over by the " big 6" in our PL era, but we've almost always been competitive, especially under Dyche and more than once we've been robbed by dreadful refereeing. Today was embarrassing and we were so far second best I simply couldn't see why we were even allowed on the same pitch, never mind afforded a place in this division. The recruitment in the summer is proving a total disaster and somebody should be held accountable. Whether it's VK or not I don't know, but £100 million???? Crikey!! That's an absolute disgrace.
And bringing Jay on at 4-0 down when there's a great opportunity to give Benny a fitness building run was utterly baffling!! But then again baffling is a regular occurrence when you look at team selection and substitutions.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:15 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:46 pm
The fixture draw sort of put paid to that notion at source. It didn't really give us a chance to make Turf Moor a fortress.
Sorry was it only make it hell if we played Sheff Utd or Luton in the first two games? We’ve beat plenty of ‘big’ teams under Coyle and Dyche early on.
These 2 users liked this post: ksrclaret JohnDearyMe

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:19 pm

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:15 pm
Sorry was it only make it hell if we played Sheff Utd or Luton in the first two games? We’ve beat plenty of ‘big’ teams under Coyle and Dyche early on.
We didn't even need to beat them to give the fans something to get behind.

Not letting Villa, Spurs, and Chelsea walk through us to score might have helped as well.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:41 pm

Trafford 4
Assignon 4
O’Shea 4
Estève 4
Delcroix 4
Berge 5
Brownhill 4
Ramsey 4
Amdouni 3”4
Odobert 4
Fofana 4

Gudmundsson 4
Taylor 4
Rodriguez 5

I really don’t mind getting beat by teams like Arsenal, but I’d just like the players to look like they are arsed.

claretgilly
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by claretgilly » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:54 pm

Trafford 4
Assignon 4
O'Shea 5
Estève 4
Delcroix 4
Ramsey 4
Berge 6
Brownhill 3
Odobert 4
Amdouni 3
Fofana 5

Guðmundsson 4
Taylor 4
Rodriguez 5

I don’t know what to rate tbh. They were so superior it was embarrasssing. Under Sean Dyche we gave these teams a game and anyone who considers this team remotely endearing wants their head testing.
I have been to pretty much every home game since 1999 and I have never felt more disillusioned by my club. What are we, really (really, really) doing

hoskinsgoalatswansea
Been Liked: 115 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by hoskinsgoalatswansea » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:40 am

Trafford 3
Assignon 3
O'Shea 3
Estève 3
Delcroix 3
Ramsey 3
Berge 5
Brownhill 3
Odobert 4
Amdouni 3
Fofana 4

Guðmundsson 3
Taylor 3
Rodriguez 3

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:59 am

Give 10 each or 3 each, the worst stat is this team just leaves devoid of emotion, uncaring as to the result.

Crystal Palace away with a new manager is another defeat nailed on.

JBG showed what you need to play in the premier league, touch, control and and understanding of the game.

Brownhill wanted by Wolves, more chance of signing for Warrington Wolves!!!

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:10 am

claretspice wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:40 pm

Absolutely spot on.

morpheus2
Been Liked: 762 times
Has Liked: 1855 times

Post by morpheus2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:38 am

I once wondered just how far down the football league pyramid the best (real) womens team in the world would have to go to compete equally against a men's team. I think I know the answer now.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:01 am

Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm
100% agree

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:09 am

Read the comments post match, then watched the FULL game on SKY. Often critical comments are extreme when you are beaten easily, but the lack of effort and concentration were embarassing of a PL side

Trafford 6. Cannot blame him for any goal-simply so well taken
Assignon 6-against one of the PL's best wide men
Esteve 5-he looked absolutely shattered during the game
O Shea 6-would have been 7 but for his lack of effort on the last goal
Delcroix 5-still not sure about him
Berge 7, possibly our best player and snubbed a few attacks by Arsenal
Brownhill-5, seemed lost and maybe after 3-4 poor games need resting with Cullen given a chance
Ramsey 5-he too needs taking out he firing line and given a run in the U-21's to build confidence
Fofana7-if only the other 9 outfield had shown his passion
Amdouini 4-maybe the worst game this season, a familiar trend
Odobert 6, looked bright at times but not involved enough

JBG-5 . Too one footed and slow for this league
Rodriguez 5. He tried but sad we need to bring him on
Larson-6, looked bright
Taylor 6-needs to start v Palace

sjb
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 395 times

Post by sjb » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:21 am

Trafford 6 - made no saves of note but couldn't be blamed for any of the goals
Assignon 6 - did ok but tired
O'Shea 5
Esteve 5
Delcroix 4
Ramsey 4
Brownhill 5
Berge 6 best of a bad bunch
Odobert 5
Fofana 5
Amdouni 4

JBG 5
Rodriguez 5
Larson 6
Taylor 5

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:26 am

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:15 pm
Beat reigning champions United at home under Coyle, first season up, first home game, 09-10.
Beat reigning champions Man City at home, and drew away, under Dyche, first season up, 14-15. He had a good record against them until Pep.
Beat reigning champions Leicester City at home, under Dyche, first season back up in 16-17.
Beat reigning champions Chelsea away on the first day of the season under Dyche in 17-18.
Hell, even in 2020-21 we beat reigning champions Liverpool away.

The only times we've not beat the champions are when Pep's won it with City.

helmclaret
Been Liked: 325 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by helmclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:48 am

Trafford 3 - ponderous with the ball at his feet. Doesn't inspire confidence in the back four. The throw near the end was so amateur. I don't think we give ourselves a chance starting him in goal. Can't really blame him for any of the goals but, like a lot of his team mates, totally overwhelmed at this level, at the moment.

Assignon 4 - bit of a crash back down to earth after a couple of promising performances. I like the look of him overall, but he's come in to such a weak team it's hard to be too critical.

O'Shea 3 - always back pedaling, always stretching, always 'last ditch.' Pings a couple of nice passes each game but he is very limited. Will probably look great at the level below, but that's not helping us right now.

Estève 3 - welcome to the PL. Hopefully will have learnt a lot about the movement and pace of one of the best teams in the league. Like Assignon, I think he's looked promising overall but yesterday was a game too far in this run of matches.

Delcroix 3 - asked to play out of position and looked even worse when he was moved to centre half. Looks like a squad player to me. Would slot in on the odd occasion you need a CH or LB.

Ramsey 4 - liked his intensity early on, crashed into a few challenges but not sure right midfield is his home. Hopefully injury isn't too bad and people give him a chance when he is back.

Berge 4 - I keep being told 'he will be great with someone decent next to him.' I really look forward to that day.

Brownhill 3 - totally overwhelmed

Odobert 4 - few promising runs but won't give you much defensively or part of a midfield 4

Amdouni 3 - I liked him early season, but he just seems so disconnected now.

Fofana 4 - tries to do it all on his own. Worked with intensity and did his best to make an opening for himself.

Guðmundsson 4 - does what he can with whats left in his legs
Taylor 3 - played some positive passes into the front but
Rodriguez 5 - rallied a few people, put himself about (as much as his legs would allow him)

CJA
Been Liked: 4 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by CJA » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:27 pm

Trafford 5 did not too much wrong but distribution was poor
Assignon 4 does not look any better than Roberts and not as good as Vitinho
O Shea 4 Not his best game but was under constant pressure and playing with partners that were hopeless
Esteve 3 Looked clueless today
Delcroix 3 I have to give him 3 but it is not his fault , VK should not have put him at LB he is not a LB and I feel really sorry for him it must be dispiriting being made to look stupid by opposition wingers
Ramsey 3 Is not nor ever looks like being Prem quality hope I'm wrong and hope also that he is OK
Brownhill 4 Has come in for some very harsh comments but he was no worse than most and he is being asked to do what he cannot do, he is not good enough to work in a three man midfield which withy Ramsey is really a two and a half mid field. VK is the culprit in persisting with the formation that cries out for an extra defensive midfielder.
Odobert 4 Just not consistent enough
Berge 5 Overwhelmed in midfield by sheer numbers and better players
Fofana 6 tried and ran his heart out right up to the end, looked like he cared and was professional throughout
Amdouni 3 Pub team player
JGB 5 Should have started
Jay Rod 6 Tried and put himself about, won defensive headers and tried to set Fofana away a couple of times, only player capable of making a decent tackle
Taylor 5 Looked like a full back, also looked rusty and did not link up very well at times but that could be more to do with coming on into a a team that had given up
Larson 4 Showed a little skill late on but not on long enough to effect anything
VK 0 clueless, learning nothing from his mistakes, stubborn and still not aware of his best side after 6 months. A team that continues to make the same mistakes week after week is not just down to the players, it is in poor training and tactics. I understand why he wanted to keep faith with the team that started against Liverpool and was only beaten but not embarrassed , as that is the extent of our current ambition, not to be embarrassed. The tactic from KO today was to sit in behind and offer nothing it was not until we were 5-0 down that we offered a shot or two probably because Arsenal had relaxed. If this season was only to be one of learning( which we are not doing) and to go again next season then can we have our money back for this season as it has been obtained by false pretences.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:29 pm

Trafford 3 - Nothing special. nothing too bad this time

Assignon 4 - I like him but not so good today

O'Shea 3 - Still not good enough at this level

Estève 3 - I like him but not so good today

Delcroix 3 - not great

Ramsey 3 Nothing first half, not looked after by the referee, hope he is ok.

Berge 5 - as good as anyone

Brownhill 3 - Should be no where near the armband.

Odobert 4 - few promising runs, then stands off

Amdouni 3 - Hmmm what is he

Fofana 5 - At least he tried

Guðmundsson 4 - some good passes
Taylor 3 - played some positive passes into the front but
Rodriguez 5 - put himself about

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 384 times
Has Liked: 236 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:34 pm

Trafford 5
Assignon 5
O'Shea 5
Estève 4
Delcroix 5
Ramsey 4
Berge 6
Brownhill 5
Odobert 5
Amdouni 4
Fofana 6

Guðmundsson 5
Taylor 5
Rodriguez 6

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:59 pm

It’s taken me until today to be clear enough in mind to do the ratings without just writing -100000 for all of them.

Trafford 5
Assignon 4
Delcroix 3
OShea 5
Esteve 5
Brownhill 4
Berge 5
Odobert 4
Ramsey 3
Amdouni 3
Forfana 6 (tried)
JBG 5