Help with Britbox

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Help with Britbox

Post by exilecanada » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:46 pm

I recently signed up to Britbox and I’m having some issues casting (streaming) from my PC to Smart TV. I’m running Windows 10 on PC and have a Vizio V405-G9 Smart TV. I’ve checked and both my PC and TV have the latest versions installed. My TV doesn’t have Chromecast installed, it has Smartcast installed. Apparently, from what I can gather they both work similar, but different in some regards.

The problem I’m having is I can cast some shows as intended, but not others. There’s no pattern to the problem. Example: I can cast show (a) one day, but can’t cast the same show another day. It does buffer for short periods of time on occasion but I can live with that. I have contacted Britbox help desk, they’ve suggested I clear PC history, cache etc which I do each time I shut PC down. They’ve also advised me how to use the ‘cast’ function which obviously I already knew how to do.

Any help or ideas on how to fix this issue would be appreciated, answers in plain language please, I’m not a techy.

As a footnote. I also subscribe to Fubo TV to watch PL games and it casts perfectly so that proves the PC and TV are able to communicate as intended.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2473 times
Has Liked: 2010 times

Re: Help with Britbox

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:22 pm

If, as your username possibly suggests, you are in Canada I take it you are using a VPN.
Could the problem be with that?
As you have a smart tv could you not stream direct to tv, or does that take us back to VPN use?
Good luck.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:20 am

You shouldn't involve any casting or your computer. Just download and use the Britbox app on your TV and use it directly on there.

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:14 pm

Thanks for the replies but I was eventually able to resolve the problem. I was led to believe the Britbox app wasn't available on my model of Vizio tv, however after a bit of digging I did find the Britbox app. All is well :)