No Change There Then

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

No Change There Then

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:16 pm

Every now and then I take a break from the board. If I find I’m spending too much time posting on here I take a good look at myself and decide it’s time for a rest. After all there is only so much nonsense I can post (or read). I try not to take myself too seriously, or anyone else for that matter, and in the end none of it is important or life affirming. So I have not posted on here for some time and I haven’t missed it much so that is good, it means I don’t need it.

However having come back to have a look I have to say it has been all too predictable. I know things are not great just now and I can accept some negativity, it’s understandable, but I can’t help thinking that the site doesn’t need about 30 threads (or so it seems) variously calling for VKs head, or criticising players, or Pace, or the club, or how we’d be better with ex players who were pretty rubbish when we had them. I’ve had a skim through a lot of threads tonight and it makes Kafka’s The Trial seem like a script from Morecambe and Wise. I seek in vain for a happy thread or something musical or something even remotely positive (even a thread called The Positives was like reading a book on how to kill yourself).

Come on guys, it’s only football, there are far more things to worry about. And for the inevitable poster who says ‘what do you expect on a football site’ I’d just say it doesn’t have to be just about moaning about Kompany or the team or the club. So we get relegated . So what? Most of us enjoy the Championship more anyway. Cheer up FFS and let’s get back to at least trying to have a laugh.
These 7 users liked this post: Bosscat claretfern Claretmisterg Vegas Claret Juan Tanamera Taffy on the wing Considered

colne-claret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Re: No Change There Then

Post by colne-claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:22 pm

People are passionate about it because it’s what a lot of us live for. With how this seasons been you are going to see a lot of negativity. Shame a lot of the players don’t show the same passion as a lot of fans do on here.
This user liked this post: blatherwickstattoos

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:23 pm

I think the word negativity needs replacing with realism.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:45 pm

colne-claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:22 pm
People are passionate about it because it’s what a lot of us live for. With how this seasons been you are going to see a lot of negativity. Shame a lot of the players don’t show the same passion as a lot of fans do on here.
But if that ‘passion’ was the same in the players as the fans on here things would be worse not better. Passion surely is about taking things for better or worse isn’t it? What I’m talking about is the sheer misery of the posts, not the passion. Passion is good, no argument from me on that, and I can accept some negativity, it’s understandable, but the endless parade of post after post saying pretty much the same thing is just a tad depressing I think.

Thanks for the post though and I hope all is well in your world (apart from the football).

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:56 pm

JR1882 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:23 pm
You are right of course and I’ve said as much about other things in the past. The reality is what it is (and it’s not great to be fair), but do we need to repeat the same thing over and over again when, in the end, we have no power to make it better or worse?

Accept things as they are if you have no power to change them and things then don’t always look so bad.

Of course it’s not always easy but I have found that even though I still love my club my interest in ‘football’ has wained, due to the money involved and the PL in particular, which is only now ever about money and ‘the brand’. I’m at ease with the whole thing. Of course if I could change things I would but I can’t so whatever will be will be.

All the best to you though.
Last edited by houseboy on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:57 pm

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:16 pm
Every now and then I take a break from the board. If I find I’m spending too much time posting on here I take a good look at myself and decide it’s time for a rest. After all there is only so much nonsense I can post (or read). I try not to take myself too seriously, or anyone else for that matter, and in the end none of it is important or life affirming. So I have not posted on here for some time and I haven’t missed it much so that is good, it means I don’t need it.

However having come back to have a look I have to say it has been all too predictable. I know things are not great just now and I can accept some negativity, it’s understandable, but I can’t help thinking that the site doesn’t need about 30 threads (or so it seems) variously calling for VKs head, or criticising players, or Pace, or the club, or how we’d be better with ex players who were pretty rubbish when we had them. I’ve had a skim through a lot of threads tonight and it makes Kafka’s The Trial seem like a script from Morecambe and Wise. I seek in vain for a happy thread or something musical or something even remotely positive (even a thread called The Positives was like reading a book on how to kill yourself).

Come on guys, it’s only football, there are far more things to worry about. And for the inevitable poster who says ‘what do you expect on a football site’ I’d just say it doesn’t have to be just about moaning about Kompany or the team or the club. So we get relegated . So what? Most of us enjoy the Championship more anyway. Cheer up FFS and let’s get back to at least trying to have a laugh.
Thanks for making me laugh on so many levels :lol:

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:00 pm

Casper2 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:57 pm
Thanks for making me laugh on so many levels :lol:
If I’ve brightened up someone’s life for even a millisecond I’m happy.

Hope you are happy...football notwithstanding.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:03 pm

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:56 pm

Of course it’s not always easy but I have found that even though I still love my club my interest in ‘football’ has wained, due to the money involved and the PL in particular, which is only now ever about money and ‘the brand’. I’m at ease with the whole thing. Of course if I could change things I would but I can’t so whatever will be will be.

All the best to you though.
That just about sums up where I’m at. Sick and tired of football at the top of the “We’ve got more money than you” league.
These 3 users liked this post: MT03ALG bfcjg houseboy

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:05 pm

It’s difficult to be cheerful after the season we’ve had ,after around a dozen games last season I said I wasn’t bothered if we lost ,because the football was so enjoyable ,but oh what a turn around,been going on since 1956,but this could be the year of the straw that broke the camels back,and obviously one of the super superior supporters will be along in five minutes telling not to go anymore ,and I’m not wanted ,but I’m afraid that’s not how it works in the land of a Burnley fan.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:05 pm

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:00 pm

Thanks , I’ve got bigger things on my mind tbh than football.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:46 am

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:00 pm

Some folk don’t have much going on in life away from football, it means a lot more to them than perhaps me and you. (Not a dig at anybody, it’s just life) I know where you are coming from but I think they just need to vent with other like minded folk, I’ve stopped reading or replying to the threads most of the time.
It probably helps that I’ve stopped drinking alcohol so I’m not biting as much 😂

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:01 am

i heard a representative from west ham fans group on talk sport today wanting moyes sacked.
that clubs fans regularly do this despite their european successes and current league position.
On here there were the anti dyche angry mob, some of whom I know for a fact are now referring to his attributes when he was here compared to VK !!!!
Talk about fickle !
Its dificult on a football messageboard of all places to find harmony, more so given our lowly status, but there is not one thing that sets us apart from all the other sets of supporters. we are as bad as ALL the others.

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:12 am

While I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, describing the situation as 'not great' is an incredible understatement.

It's absymal, call it what it is.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro houseboy

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:14 am

Westleigh wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:05 pm
It’s difficult to be cheerful after the season we’ve had ,after around a dozen games last season I said I wasn’t bothered if we lost ,because the football was so enjoyable ,but oh what a turn around,been going on since 1956,but this could be the year of the straw that broke the camels back,and obviously one of the super superior supporters will be along in five minutes telling not to go anymore ,and I’m not wanted ,but I’m afraid that’s not how it works in the land of a Burnley fan.
Westleigh. Some of us oldies feel like that, me included but when things calm down a few days later I re think it and realise I’d miss going on, win, draw or lose. We had such an up last year and because of that I’m clinging to the hope that there’s more seasons like that. So chin up and stick with it, hopefully better times ahead.
These 4 users liked this post: Westleigh evensteadiereddie houseboy Vegas Claret

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:30 am

They’ll always be some who can’t handle any defeat and like to go on and on about it.

I think for the majority it’s the manner of the performance(s) that have attracted the anger.
This user liked this post: Poulton-le-Claret

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:55 am

JR1882 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:23 pm
And therein lies the problem.

Why is it that negative is always perceived as ‘realism’ and positive is perceived as the opposite? Who decides that? It isn’t restricted to football, it’s in society too.

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:01 am

Differing opinions are good, but the problem is that there are a handful of very persistent people on here who dominate the site. They seem to be here for 18 hours a day, endlessly repeating themselves. A couple of those very same people did the same when Dyche was our manager, and not just in his final season with us.

They must be doing it for kicks because they have nothing else to do. It's fine to say you can put them on your 'foe list', but they are repeatedly quoted when they catch another one.

I don't think the site admins can do anything about it, because they will not go away. They are attention-seeking obsessives.
These 3 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret nettiepicot92 Juan Tanamera

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:53 am

I'm not sure many of them actually go on the Turf.
That doesn't mean they're not entitled to comment, of course, but you would think they'd have a bit of restraint in their criticism of somethibg they've only seen or heard second hand.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:44 am

Westleigh wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:05 pm
You do have to be careful of the ‘you’re not a proper fan’ mentality. People seem to think you have to attend all games, preferably home and away, to qualify, but many, including me, only go occasionally now for a whole bunch of different reasons, but we are still fans. I’ve done the whole season ticket and added away travel thing before I had a family to put first but sometimes things become more important. The fact that I am old but you first attended a game when I was two tells me you are a true fan bud.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:49 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:30 am
They’ll always be some who can’t handle any defeat and like to go on and on about it.

I think for the majority it’s the manner of the performance(s) that have attracted the anger.
To be honest I can remember when I was (much) younger a Burnley defeat would ruin my whole weekend and I’d still be in a mood on Monday. Thankfully common sense prevailed.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:02 am

Clovius Boofus wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:01 am
Differing opinions are good, but the problem is that there are a handful of very persistent people on here who dominate the site. They seem to be here for 18 hours a day, endlessly repeating themselves. A couple of those very same people did the same when Dyche was our manager, and not just in his final season with us.

They must be doing it for kicks because they have nothing else to do. It's fine to say you can put them on your 'foe list', but they are repeatedly quoted when they catch another one.

I don't think the site admins can do anything about it, because they will not go away. They are attention-seeking obsessives.

Agree a lot of this board is the same old voices who can't make a point (usually a variation of the same one) and then leave it alone.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:24 am

cblantfanclub wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:02 am
Agree a lot of this board is the same old voices who can't make a point (usually a variation of the same one) and then leave it alone.
In fairness, there's those that trot out retorts and attempt to justify the season/performances, then the repeated "debate" unfolds, rinse repeat.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:39 am

I’d say a Burnley forum is a good place to complain about the tripe being offered up this season.

The number of posts moaning about Burnley fans discussing Burnley on a Burnley message board is what I find strange.

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:49 am

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:39 am
I’d say a Burnley forum is a good place to complain about the tripe being offered up this season.

The number of posts moaning about Burnley fans discussing Burnley on a Burnley message board is what I find strange.
Even stranger than a Blackburn fan discussing Burnley on a Burnley message board ?
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat GetIntoEm Damo Vegas Claret Juan Tanamera

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:14 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:53 am
That doesn't mean they're not entitled to comment, of course, but you would think they'd have a bit of restraint in their criticism of somethibg they've only seen or heard second hand.
they absolutely dont go, you can tell a mile off. Constantly posting on here through games, straight with the slagging off at full time. theres no way they go to the turf and get a decent enough phone signal to be that dedicated to posting.

Theres a mixture of those who like to wallow in "poor little old Burnley" and those who think we should be pushing for a top 4 finish, these 2 groups are blinded by the fact that everyone else isn't happy with the results, but try to support as well as they can. its not a binary choice to be at one end of the emotion spectrum to the other, feelings are analogue.

it must be a depressing place to be for some of them.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18286 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:45 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:53 am
Very true Eddie :)

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:47 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:49 am
To be honest I can remember when I was (much) younger a Burnley defeat would ruin my whole weekend and I’d still be in a mood on Monday. Thankfully common sense prevailed.
Lifes too short to let it get you down too much Ian :lol:

I enjoyed a pint with a bit of ribbing in the Pub when I got back home and laughed along with them ... Can`t be @rsed with the whole anger bit these days.

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:10 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:44 am
You do have to be careful of the ‘you’re not a proper fan’ mentality. People seem to think you have to attend all games, preferably home and away, to qualify, but many, including me, only go occasionally now for a whole bunch of different reasons, but we are still fans. I’ve done the whole season ticket and added away travel thing before I had a family to put first but sometimes things become more important. The fact that I am old but you first attended a game when I was two tells me you are a true fan bud.
Thanks for that ,I go on with my 2 granddaughters who are in their 20’s ,I rant and rave at the ref and linesmen (not at the players or manager ,but that’s becoming more difficult not to do ) they sit there and never make a muff ,but once they get home start ranting & they’re ok the day after ,unfortunately even though I have plenty of other interest it takes me several days to come round and coming on this board doesn’t help ,and I know I can’t agree with all of the people all of the time I tend to notice that most of the dissatisfied fans on here just rant about the team or the manager ,but some of the (hate to use the phrase Happy Clappers ) seem finish up attacking the posters,and then I’m even more ****** off.

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:31 pm

So to summarise from the above thread:
It’s not acceptable to most to criticise Burnley FC on a Burnley FC fans forum.
Let’s have a laugh?
Most posters on here don’t physically attend BFC games, therefore they should be exercising a bit of restraint when posting if they haven’t seen it with their own eyes.

I’m sorry but we are missing the point of a football forum. If anyone gets time look at some of the other teams forums out there, Everton FC Grand old team is an example of a popular forum. They have been criticising the club and players for years now and unless people cross the line with abuse I don’t see people telling each other to stop being negative. We are going down to the Championship with not even a whimper so I believe it is acceptable when people criticise and comment on the ineptitude we have seen so far this season. There really isn’t a lot to praise at present.
As for having a laugh. Yes that would be great. However, that would have to be done with extreme caution so not to upset anyone who is easily offended. Maybe we could have a funnies page to lighten the mood? We are not supposed to discuss politics or other non football related matters though.
As for the assertion that most posters on here don’t attend games? That is probably correct. However, forums like this enable fans from far and wide to discuss all things BFC and engage with other clarets, whether positively or negatively.
We could I suppose have an honesty poll to ask all board members if they physically attend matches or not so we can assess the validity of someone’s posts?
I personally don’t mind getting into discussions with people who may have watched the match on tv in Europe, USA or Australia. Their observations and opinions carry just as much weight in my opinion.
Yes we get the odd trolls on here who just love to wind people up but once the line is crossed I think in the main they are dealt with.

So in a nutshell I think the board is fine as it is. If other people don’t like the negativity, or constructive criticism as I would prefer to call it then they need to refrain from coming on here for a while as the OP has done until we are winning again and the majority of posters are posting happiness.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:50 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:47 pm

I enjoyed a pint with a bit of ribbing in the Pub when I got back home and laughed along with them ... Can`t be @rsed with the whole anger bit these days.
I agree Boss. Even though in the past I have done it I now cannot see the point in getting angry over a football result or even a seasons results. I’ve grown older and taken new ideas on board over the years and it has made me re-evaluate what is important. I love Burnley FC and to a lesser degree football in general but neither are worth getting overly angry about.
How are you anyway bud. Not spoke in a while.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:57 pm

It would be much easier to have two forums, one for the "moaners/realists" and one for the people that think the sun shines out of VK's arse and that he can do no wrong.

Would be much easier to navigate and ban people who try to derail decent discussions by posting their usual nonsense then as they would be posting in the wrong place :lol:

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:59 pm

houseboy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:50 pm
I agree Boss. Even though in the past I have done it I now cannot see the point in getting angry over a football result or even a seasons results. I’ve grown older and taken new ideas on board over the years and it has made me re-evaluate what is important. I love Burnley FC and to a lesser degree football in general but neither are worth getting overly angry about.
How are you anyway bud. Not spoke in a while.
Not 3 bad mate 😉 ...

Fed up of miserable weather but hey ho ... Just had the news our Granddaughter heading out to Portugal this weekend with Team GB Lacrosse 6's Squad ... pity we can't get to go and watch her its too late to organise accom and travel ...

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:38 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:57 pm
It would be much easier to have two forums, one for the "moaners/realists" and one for the people that think the sun shines out of VK's arse and that he can do no wrong.

Would be much easier to navigate and ban people who try to derail decent discussions by posting their usual nonsense then as they would be posting in the wrong place :lol:
I get your drift but I don’t think there would be much of a forum if there were no moaners.dont know if you ever saw the Monty Python sketch about the 4 Yorkshire men,
After a game it would something like :
I think we played quite well today.
Well actually I think we were very good.
Well I thought we were really really good
Well I love VK
I bet I love him more blah blah blah
Sorry if no one finds this funny .

Westleigh

Post by Westleigh » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:42 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:47 pm

As a kid had lads at school that supported them down the M65 ,a Man U fan,a Wolves fan ,and a Villa fan,couldn’t wait to get to school after we’d won ,but all the banter was good humoured unlike Sunday morning on here when it’s like WW11.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:59 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:31 pm
So to summarise from the above thread:
It’s not acceptable to most to criticise Burnley FC on a Burnley FC fans forum.
Let’s have a laugh?
Most posters on here don’t physically attend BFC games, therefore they should be exercising a bit of restraint when posting if they haven’t seen it with their own eyes.

I’m sorry but we are missing the point of a football forum. If anyone gets time look at some of the other teams forums out there, Everton FC Grand old team is an example of a popular forum. They have been criticising the club and players for years now and unless people cross the line with abuse I don’t see people telling each other to stop being negative. We are going down to the Championship with not even a whimper so I believe it is acceptable when people criticise and comment on the ineptitude we have seen so far this season. There really isn’t a lot to praise at present.
As for having a laugh. Yes that would be great. However, that would have to be done with extreme caution so not to upset anyone who is easily offended. Maybe we could have a funnies page to lighten the mood? We are not supposed to discuss politics or other non football related matters though.
As for the assertion that most posters on here don’t attend games? That is probably correct. However, forums like this enable fans from far and wide to discuss all things BFC and engage with other clarets, whether positively or negatively.
We could I suppose have an honesty poll to ask all board members if they physically attend matches or not so we can assess the validity of someone’s posts?
I personally don’t mind getting into discussions with people who may have watched the match on tv in Europe, USA or Australia. Their observations and opinions carry just as much weight in my opinion.
Yes we get the odd trolls on here who just love to wind people up but once the line is crossed I think in the main they are dealt with.

So in a nutshell I think the board is fine as it is. If other people don’t like the negativity, or constructive criticism as I would prefer to call it then they need to refrain from coming on here for a while as the OP has done until we are winning again and the majority of posters are posting happiness.
I took great care, anticipating such a reaction, to say that just because someone doesn't go on the Turf should not mean they have no right to comment.
I just find it annoying when there is so much pointless negative comment, the same old stuff week in, week out with very, very little constructive criticism being offered and a lot of it from "fans" who are receiving their view via radio, telly or word of mouth.
Yeah, we get it, we're a weak side, some fans hate Trafford playing, some fans hate VK's way of doing things, some fans hate what Pace has done to the club - the list seems to be endless.
I'm sure we'll have plenty more in the next couple of weeks.
I still enjoy the routine of my match days in spite of a return journey to leafy Staffordshire and will continue to do so.
It would be nice though, just for once, for some of the moaners to find a bit of perspective and give it a rest or at least not offer their views as hard fact rather than mere opinion.
Any outsider looking at this board must be laughing their heads off at us.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:00 pm

Westleigh wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:38 pm
I get your drift but I don’t think there would be much of a forum if there were no moaners.dont know if you ever saw the Monty Python sketch about the 4 Yorkshire men,
After a game it would something like :
I think we played quite well today.
Well actually I think we were very good.
Well I thought we were really really good
Well I love VK
I bet I love him more blah blah blah
Sorry if no one finds this funny .

No need to apologise.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:22 pm

Agree with more important things in the world. However in the moment after you’ve wasted hours of a day to witness that lack of fight it’s extremely annoying!!!

blatherwickstattoos
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by blatherwickstattoos » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:27 pm

Just like you have done here it’s a place to speak your mind. If you don’t like or agree with what people are saying just ignore it and move on. Pretty simple .

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:23 am

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:16 pm
After all there is only so much nonsense I can post (or read)
You've been reading my posts haven't you :D

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:59 pm
Not 3 bad mate 😉 ...

Fed up of miserable weather but hey ho ... Just had the news our Granddaughter heading out to Portugal this weekend with Team GB Lacrosse 6's Squad ... pity we can't get to go and watch her its too late to organise accom and travel ...
Fantastic news mate..you must be so proud. Rent a camper van and drive bud, you’re retired and loaded. 🤑
Seriously though I hope she does well. My grandaughter has been on two TV series (very small parts but it’s a start) one was the one about Cary Grant, Archie. She played his daughters friend for about 5 seconds.
Glad to hear all is well and hope Mrs Boss is good.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:08 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:23 am
You've been reading my posts haven't you :D
Ha ha. To be fair bud I like your posts. Usually knowledgable with a touch of nonsense (like mine). I hope all is well with you and you’re not missing the Turf too much.

My daughter and her bloke were in Vegas a few months ago (and San Francisco and LA and New York). They went on a helicopter ride down the Grand Canyon and he proposed as they were flying down it. Talk about romance. Great guy he is but his only fault is he’s a Rovers season ticket holder. He’s no happier than us right now.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:10 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm
Fantastic news mate..you must be so proud. Rent a camper van and drive bud, you’re retired and loaded. 🤑
Seriously though I hope she does well. My grandaughter has been on two TV series (very small parts but it’s a start) one was the one about Cary Grant, Archie. She played his daughters friend for about 5 seconds.
👍🙂 we are waiting till she comes up to Manchester later in the year to play in a competion 🙂

claret5
Been Liked: 19 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by claret5 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 pm

colne-claret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:22 pm
At least the players stay till the end of the game

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:22 pm

blatherwickstattoos wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:27 pm
Just like you have done here it’s a place to speak your mind. If you don’t like or agree with what people are saying just ignore it and move on. Pretty simple .
Very true mate, very true. I don’t mind people moaning on here, it’s partly what it’s for, and you can always ignore it. My point wasn’t so much about moaning, hell fire there is reason, but just the number of posts all really about the same thing. I found myself scrolling down the list of threads trying to find something to read that wasn’t like reading the obituaries columns.
Still never mind eh? It’s not life and death I suppose it helps for people to get things off their chests.

colne-claret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by colne-claret » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:47 pm

claret5 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 pm
At least the players stay till the end of the game
:lol: I stay at work till the end up my shift too

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:00 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 pm
GB won their group matches yesterday (thrashed Spain 25-4 :lol: in 2nd match) watched the 2nd match on on Youtube live ... granddaughter played in 3rd and 4th quarters of that match.

GB playing this afternoon in 1/4 finals so will watch that just before we KO v Palarse. I will miss 1st 30 mins or so of the Palace match but hey ho ;)

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:06 pm

Hi bud. How did it go in the end?