Aaron Ramsey injury

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 197 times

Re: Aaron Ramsey injury

Post by Clive 1960 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:32 am

Hope the lad makes a full recovery and comes back and plays a significant role in getting us up from the championship if as it looks we get relegated. UTC..

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:44 am

Clive 1960 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:32 am
Hope the lad makes a full recovery and comes back and plays a significant role in getting us up from the championship if as it looks we get relegated. UTC..

This is exactly all that is needed, rather than this weird obsession for some that being told it is a serious knee injury and is out for most of this calendar year isn't enough they have to know the exact diagnosis. it comes across really grubby.

I know some don't like the owners, some don't like the manager and some don't like both but this current trend of demanding to know every injury is ugly.
These 2 users liked this post: nettiepicot92 Clive 1960

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4074 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am

Clive 1960 wrote:
Well said. Cuts through some of the crap being spouted on here.
The most important thing.
These 2 users liked this post: nettiepicot92 Clive 1960

ecc
Been Liked: 1441 times
Has Liked: 1289 times

Post by ecc » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:01 am

Clive 1960 wrote:
Too right. The player's health first. And then the club and what the lad can do for us later.
This user liked this post: Clive 1960

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:13 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:41 pm
Interesting thread. No idea why anyone thinks it stheir business to know anything more than a player isn't injured and isn't available. You find out an hour before every game if someone isn't playing so you can always decide not to go on the ground.

If my employer disclosed my health information (which injuries are) to anyone, let alone putting it out into the public domain, I'd absolutely be taking them to the proverbial cleaners.
Not sure that’s what most people are saying.
As usual for this board the thread drifts into extremes with terms like obsession, wanting medical records etc. Who is asking for that ?

I agree that the main reason why fans want to know about injuries is the availability and non availability of players. Logically this will mean most managers do talk about the nature of injuries….sometimes there will be specifics mentioned like surgery, ACL, etc. Other times it will be the extent of an injury - a serious hamstring injury or “his hamstring felt a bit tight….it was precautionary” etc.

We have adopted a different approach where we seem to be disclosing less around availability and injuries and when players are estimated to return.

VK is perfectly entitled to do that.
Fans are perfectly entitled to want a bit more information than we are getting now.
Fans are perfectly entitled to be satisfied with the amount of information being disclosed.

StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

I suppose it’s a possibility that Foster’s recent troubles could be a reason that clear updates aren’t given on exactly what injuries or trouble players are having.

If they continued to say the exact nature of an injury for everyone else then kept quiet on if Foster’s mental health took a turn for the worse again (let’s hope not) then it would lead to speculation.

I think it’s fine just saying he’ll be out long term. I’m sure they’ll provide an update when he’s back in training or we’ll see him in the training photos they sometimes release.

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:09 pm
I beg to differ , nobody’s asking for a players medical history in any shape or form ,just a very very basic synopsis of the serious injury would be more than adequate for the fans, etc and others who pay their wages . Eg eg ACL ,Achilles ect , nothing more or less needed .

I’ve no doubt VK is under orders but it smacks at disrespectful and plain ignorant to keep the entire fan base in the dark .
Even if you pay his wages, it's none of your business. If you are on sick leave, your employer isn't entitled to any of your medical records, or even a diagnosis. All they are entitled to is a timeframe, and a summary of any modifications required

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:43 pm

Every injury is slightly different, and different people recover at different rates even from very similar circumstances.

They can hardly come out and say 'he'll be fit on 14th October at 1pm' so what's wrong with what they've said.

Some people can't wait to knock the club for any little irrelevance, just because they're upset that the team aren't playing well enough.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:02 pm

Falcon wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:43 pm
Every injury is slightly different, and different people recover at different rates even from very similar circumstances.

They can hardly come out and say 'he'll be fit on 14th October at 1pm' so what's wrong with what they've said.

Some people can't wait to knock the club for any little irrelevance, just because they're upset that the team aren't playing well enough.
The thread was started I believe with a question aimed towards vk's choice not to disclose a bit of information about the player's injury, some people have taken it completely out of context, imo nobody wants to knock the club, we're all fan's at the end of the day. Other managers seem to freely disclose information about a player's injury, and as far as I can remember any manager we've had in the past have done, just not vk, why I wonder. Nobody wants personal details and medical history, I would expect that the vast majority of fan's would just like the manager to be a little more informative about an injury the player has sustained on the pitch of play.

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:04 pm

Did someone really say we've got a right to know because "we pay their wages"? Jesus wept. It's an odd concept to start with, it's not like we demand to know why Ivy on the check out isn't around because we buy a loaf of bread in the co-op once a week. In pure football terms it's ridiculous. The average Burnley fan will account for less than 0.001% of the clubs income this season, and the vast majority will come from income streams that are not Burnley fans at source.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill wilks_bfc

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:33 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:11 pm
At a guess, he made a mistake. He's apologised for that mistake.

Have you ever apologised for the racist filth and bigotry you used to post on here?
Thankyou for that ,I did explain that I said it as Ramsey went down and the camera moved away,I did apologise ,and said I was willing to accept a ban,however some posters just like stirring things up.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3191 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:38 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:04 pm
Did someone really say we've got a right to know because "we pay their wages"? Jesus wept. It's an odd concept to start with, it's not like we demand to know why Ivy on the check out isn't around because we buy a loaf of bread in the co-op once a week. In pure football terms it's ridiculous. The average Burnley fan will account for less than 0.001% of the clubs income this season, and the vast majority will come from income streams that are not Burnley fans at source.
That analogy has already been done ;)
viewtopic.php?style=2&p=2284035#p2284034

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:53 pm

Years ago we probably only ever heard 3 or 4 types of injuries before everyone could google,it was Either Broken leg
Cartilage
ACL,or
Hamstring.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:03 pm

Really unfortunate for the lad. Wishing him a full recovery. No need to rush back until ready. He's young and has a great career ahead. As long as him, and our coaching and medical teams know what's happened and more importantly how to help him recover that's all that matters. Looking forward to seeing what you've got next season, Aaron. A long and great career ahead, I'm sure.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:27 pm
What a load of absolute codswallop.... He's got a serious injury, out for most of the year... What more do you need to know, what difference would it make if you knew what it was?
If you seriously think , giving out the basic detail of a player injury is a “ load of codswallop” it says far more about about your own agenda than it does common sense and communication with your fan / user base from a “ large “ company /prem football club .

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 pm
If you seriously think , giving out the basic detail of a player injury is a “ load of codswallop” it says far more about about your own agenda than it does common sense and communication with your fan / user base from a “ large “ company /prem football club .
It was the following comment of yours I was replying to.

"I’ve no doubt VK is under orders but it smacks at disrespectful and plain ignorant to keep the entire fan base in the dark ."

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:42 pm

Roosterbooster wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 am
Even if you pay his wages, it's none of your business. If you are on sick leave, your employer isn't entitled to any of your medical records, or even a diagnosis. All they are entitled to is a timeframe, and a summary of any modifications required
Technically correct ,but If I employed a scaffolder and he was injured on site , it’s very much my business as it is the insurers,the private medical care , the H & S etc . Of course I wouldn’t have his medical records though , but neither would he have “ a million fans “

The example of a high value prem footballer injured during a very public game however is pretty unique ,and has been common practice in world football for almost ever to give a basic update on the injury .Nobody’s talking about medical records etc and in all fairness it’s hardly comparable to a “ regular “ job .

Personally I’m surprised at all the faux outrage over this but it is what is and the club will have their reasons .

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:04 pm

I wonder if we are trying to protect the value of players by not publicising all their injuries. If a young player keeps having the same issue repeatedly, then it must impact their value. I believe we signed AR despite concerns over his injury record, so the club must be worried about this latest setback.

Apologies if this idea is already mentioned somewhere else on this thread.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:06 pm

Poulton-le-Claret wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:04 pm
I wonder if we are trying to protect the value of players by not publicising all their injuries. If a young player keeps having the same issue repeatedly, then it must impact their value. I believe we signed AR despite concerns over his injury record, so the club must be worried about this latest setback.

Apologies if this idea is already mentioned somewhere else on this thread.
When you pay millions for players they have a medical including release of full medical history

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:11 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:06 pm
When you pay millions for players they have a medical including release of full medical history
That is true, but surely you don't even bother putting a bid in and having a medical if you know they are a sick note. It may encourage teams to still bid for players and have a medical to determine if they are worth a punt rather than just pass on players because of headlines.

Personally, I'd rather just know briefly 'player X has done his ACL' etc. Just trying to understand the logic of why we seem to do things differently than other clubs when it comes to injuries.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:16 pm

On the Live Score app, Ramsey is listed as being out with a cruciate ligament injury.

Not sure where they’ve got that from or simply assumed that the be the injury with him being out for the remainder of this year.