Amdouni

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Re: Amdouni

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:51 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:07 pm
I don’t know what some fans watch, I think he’s technically brilliant and see a real player in him. Some of the dribbling and turns are outrageous bits of skill, the structure of the team is just terrible.

The sides so bad it’s easy to scapegoat the player who runs around like a headless chicken the least whilst the headless chickens who can’t pass 5 yards are given a free pass.

Taylor played almost the full game, he was the lowest rated player in our team (based on OPTA stats). Yet here we are bashing the young lad who was sacrificed after the red card and I don’t recall him receiving the ball once all afternoon.
This is the point he’s not technically brilliant (especially for the premier league). He’s average technically for the league and lazier than his counter parts.

He will no doubt end up in turkey or somewhere like that.

He’s never ever going to be a premier league talent

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:05 pm

The guy is crap. End of discussion
These 3 users liked this post: Murger expoultryboy CoolClaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:08 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:34 pm
I don’t disagree with you but if the structure of the side was better he could flourish. I’d love to see his distance covered stats, I feel like this lazy narrative is way over the top. He’s come off plenty of times knackered from running hard
In a team near the bottom which was always going to be us you can maybe get away with one ‘flair’ player. Instead Kompany fills the team with them. No way can we afford to carry the likes of Amdouni, Oddobert/Kolesho, Ramsey especially when they are backed up with the lightweight pairing of Brownhill and Berge.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:22 pm

The people who like Amdouni are the ones that care if he's got 5 star skill on fifa.

The lad has got some technical ability but he's one of the most ineffective footballers I've seen for us. Needs to be playing for a team that dominates sides and that isn't us at this level.
These 4 users liked this post: Poulton-le-Claret CoolClaret dougcollins Pickles

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5090 times
Has Liked: 6902 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:52 pm

Kompany has wasted some serious money
These 2 users liked this post: cockneyclaret IanMcL

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:54 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:52 pm
Kompany has wasted some serious money
Not as much as he has earned us, is it?

Wembley09
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by Wembley09 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:57 pm

He looked lazy/disinterested today.
He was probably happy he got taken off.

People said he might need a rest, but why would Kompany keep playing him? He's come from a state of the art City set-up. He wouldn't play him if he wasn't fit enough.

I think it's a mentality thing, now things have gotten tough/past the likely point of saving ourselves.. he can't be arsed now.

The personality also makes a footballer, not just the ability. Hence why he's at Burnley.

He needs dropping in my opinion, if only to send a message. Stan wouldn't have stood for that!

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:00 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:54 pm
That's irrelevant though, he has wasted a load of money, probably more then we have earned with the promotion. Look at Luton, may well go down what has yheir managercwasted, to a certain extent uou void include Sheffield United's managers in that.

Den_Perry
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Den_Perry » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:23 pm

Flatters to deceive for me; all this talk about a great touch, wonderful flicks etc…can’t remember seeing a great deal of that other than the odd failed attempt and ball bouncing off him but each to their own. A striker needs to score/create goals and in that respect he has so far been a failure. Add in a reluctance to chase back/press and I can’t really see what he brings to the team as it is currently set up. I hope he can turn things around (along with the majority of the rest of the team) so fingers crossed!

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:50 pm

Quite scary that Cullen (who was dropped for not being very good) was able to replace Brownhill and Amdouni on his own.
These 3 users liked this post: Westleigh cockneyclaret Wo Didi

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:53 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:00 pm
That's irrelevant though, he has wasted a load of money, probably more then we have earned with the promotion. Look at Luton, may well go down what has yheir managercwasted, to a certain extent uou void include Sheffield United's managers in that.
I don't think it's irrelevant, but you are welcome to that opinion.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:59 pm

Amdouni’s appeared body language is just how our season is going.

First few games of the season he looked sharp, nippy and looked to have that something different we needed and got his well taken goal at Forest away.

But as the season as gone on he just can’t seem to get the ball to stick to his feet and so many games he’s just be ineffective. He only played 35 minutes today but I counted at least 3 times where the ball hit him or his touch was heavy and we turned the ball over.

Kompany needs to see this is a player bang out of form and take him out the side
This user liked this post: Wembley09

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:07 pm

I am not a big Amdouni fan he doesn’t seem able to link up with his team mates for me, but realistically what are the other options? Thanks to loans and injuries we only had the ephemeral Larsen and Benson on the bench plus the ancient Rodrigues.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:39 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:53 pm
I don't think it's irrelevant, but you are welcome to that opinion.
I humbly thank you for allowing me to have an.opinion. 👍🏻

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:51 pm

KRBFC wrote:
I don’t know what some fans watch, I think he’s technically brilliant and see a real player in him. Some of the dribbling and turns are outrageous bits of skill, the structure of the team is just terrible.

The sides so bad it’s easy to scapegoat the player who runs around like a headless chicken the least whilst the headless chickens who can’t pass 5 yards are given a free pass.

Taylor played almost the full game, he was the lowest rated player in our team (based on OPTA stats). Yet here we are bashing the young lad who was sacrificed after the red card and I don’t recall him receiving the ball once all afternoon.
In a sense it makes no difference whether he contributes nothing because he doesn't work, or that he contributes nothing because he doesn't get the ball. If he contributes nothing, then what's the point picking him?

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:55 pm

KRBFC wrote:
€18m and I'd rather play Charlie Taylor upfront

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:01 am

claptrappers_union wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:55 pm
€18m and I'd rather play Charlie Taylor upfront
I think Muric up front could pose a bigger threat than Amdouni. Additionally Muric would be actively showing for the ball instead of hiding.
It’s comical but I’m not laughing. Embrace it, it’s Vincent Kompany’s BFC. Hopefully for not much longer. Once Alan has stopped gripping his wife’s hand he may wake up and smell the coffee.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:09 am

Amdon’ti

Enough said…

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:28 pm
Pound for pound our worst ever signing?

*waits for Trafford comments
Tresor?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11058 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:15 am

KRBFC wrote:

There was a point today when Wharton had the ball, I' hazard a guess he was 2-3 yards from Amdouni and he ran across him right to left, any player who gave one iota of a toss would have taken the ball off Wharton...........Zeki just watched him go by, not even a thought to challenge. Technical ability or not you only have to look at the work rate of Man City and Liverpool players (who are all better than him) to know what is required. Tactics have nothing to do with attitude and application, as far as I'm concerned Zeki needs to be dropped and sold if he can't be arsed.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Goody1975
Been Liked: 992 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:27 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:15 am
There was a point today when Wharton had the ball, I' hazard a guess he was 2-3 yards from Amdouni and he ran across him right to left, any player who gave one iota of a toss would have taken the ball off Wharton...........Zeki just watched him go by, not even a thought to challenge. Technical ability or not you only have to look at the work rate of Man City and Liverpool players (who are all better than him) to know what is required. Tactics have nothing to do with attitude and application, as far as I'm concerned Zeki needs to be dropped and sold if he can't be arsed.
Surely that would be a prerequisite in these extensive team meetings they have, lack of effort or application would be highlighted on the videos would it not? The workrate of Tella and Barnes in forcing a turnover of possession last season was a major reason for our success, we may have to sit in our shape more this season but not pressing with intensity when the time is right is unforgiveable.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11058 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:50 am

Goody1975 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:27 am
Surely that would be a prerequisite in these extensive team meetings they have, lack of effort or application would be highlighted on the videos would it not? The workrate of Tella and Barnes in forcing a turnover of possession last season was a major reason for our success, we may have to sit in our shape more this season but not pressing with intensity when the time is right is unforgiveable.
Honestly, you know I'm pro VK but that's hanging by a thread right now. If we were getting beaten but I'm seeing improvement then fair enough but we are getting dramatically worse, the players confidence is shot so play different players. The Trafford experiment is killing the young lad, I put that right at VK's feet.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:17 am

If Amdouni had anything about him, he’d be busting a gut to play himself into games. If he’s having a poor game, he’d still be working his arse off for the team - he does none of that.

A few fancy touches and he thinks that he’s done his job.

He’s an absolute waster - he has enough talent to make it as a top player but he hasn’t got the heart, nor the bottle, to make it at this level and I doubt that he ever will.

We’ve recruited based on stats, invariably from much weaker leagues. We appear to have neglected to assess a players character and willingness to give their all for the team.

I was critical of Dyche and his reluctance to cast a wider net - perhaps now we are seeing just why he wasn’t prepared to shop abroad.
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1037 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:38 am

As I said earlier a couple of months ago I said he was a 1 in 6 player and I got it so so so wrong for which I apologise profusely.

He's a 1 in 10 player, would you want a personality like that in the trenches with you, would you f*ck
This user liked this post: Wo Didi

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:50 am

An awful lot of people seem to describe Amdouni as a luxury player. I think that's extremely charitable. I don't think he's even that.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:10 am

The one player on the bench that exemplifies all that is missing in terms of work rate, desire, and a willingness to get stuck in for the cause, and was miles better than what we actually have in that position is Craig Bellamy.

I do rather wonder what would happen if he got the job on an interim basis what changes we'd see straight away on the pitch.

TheCatsWhiskers
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by TheCatsWhiskers » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:18 am

Good player, not getting enough of the ball to generate the moments of quality he is capable of.

We may aswell play 5-5-0 and rest Amdouni and Foster/other for next season if we are going to persist with being the worst ever passing out from the back team I have seen.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 am

KRBFC wrote:

You often come out with these extreme comments suggesting everyone else is clueless and you are the one correct.

He’s not technically brilliant at all. He has shown glimpses of skill but this season but that’s pretty much it.

The bit of effort he puts in is often in the wrong area of the pitch. He comes way too deep for the ball and for most of the game he is nowhere near the centre forward he is supposed to be supporting.

He lacks intelligence as a footballer - look at the number of times he makes the wrong decision by trying a stupid flick or taking a man on when he is in an area of the pitch he should not be in the first place.

He’s awful in the air, can’t track back or tackle but worse than any of this he lacks desire.

Up there with Tresor as an absolute waste of a lot of money….the only difference to Tresor is that he has had a lot of time on the pitch to prove himself (way much more time than he deserves)

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 am

Amdouni wouldn't even get in the attacking three of Hull City at the moment, Zaroury Carvalho Philogene behind the striker I'd argue it's as good a three we play in Odobert Amdouni JBG.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:45 am

He needs to go and play for Neil Warnock for several weeks-make or break. I suspect the latter

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:52 am

I call him Houdini. It’s incredible how you can watch a game and not even notice him. I think the bloke on the podcast called Brownhill the ghost last week but this guy is haunting the bl00dy place out atm.

As for blaming the rest of the team for Houdini’s performance, he needs to find space and work hard off the ball. He does neither.
Last edited by Hibsclaret on Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:53 am

Wembley09 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:57 pm
The personality also makes a footballer, not just the ability. Hence why he's at Burnley.
DCWat wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:17 am
I was critical of Dyche and his reluctance to cast a wider net - perhaps now we are seeing just why he wasn’t prepared to shop abroad.
First in particular makes a very interesting point. We've possibly gone from technically limited players with good mentality to technically gifted players with poor mentality. It's arguable as to which is more important, mentality or technique- natural sporting ability exists but past a certain level it's all about mind & mentality as the difference maker. Cristiano Ronaldo had excellent technical ability from day 1 but also had one of the hardest working mentalities there is (no, he hasn't pressed much for about 7 years now, and only a few teams can afford that luxury, but you only need to read about his training or lifestyle to see he is a very dedicated hard worker, it's not laziness that means he doesn't press, it's preserving his body and maximising his main duties).
We can't afford a Ronaldo in our team, and Amdouni is some way below Ronaldo.

It's arguable which is more coachable too. We saw Barnes' technical ability improve under Kompany, for example, and Brownhill, Roberts and Gudmundsson learned new complex roles for last year's system. But then look at Dyche's work with troubled players. Barton was a saint with us, the only time in his career. Trippier arrived as a bit of a troublemaker, look at him afterwards. Treacy credits Dyche to extending his career saying he was unmanageable at the time. Barnes is another example- he joined us having previously assaulted a referee. We're in a weird position that Dyche's team probably needed a Kompany to loosen their play and grow their technical game, but Kompany's team needs a Dyche to toss the bad eggs and get people to reapply themselves/grow mentally. They'd probably make a hell of a managerial duo.
This user liked this post: Wo Didi

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 am

He has some technical ability but doesn’t offer anywhere near enough for a PL footballer and I doubt he ever will. Having sone nice touches just doesn’t cut it. He’s like a luxury handbag you overpaid for but it needs taking back as it has a permanently broken strap and it’s never going to be any use.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:19 am

Amdouni is a young player that should be sat on the bench in a PL squad so that he can be nurtured into the team, hone his skills and mature into a decent player. In the end, I suspect he will end up in a mid-table side in Ligue 1 or Eredivisie or one of the other European leagues, which is quite an achievement for anyone.

Taylor has been out for several weeks and was left very exposed by a similarly young player that is a bit erratic in his defensive work and a young centre back who came on loan last month.

I think the general sentiment across the fanbase is to just feel sorry for them really. They do work hard and try their best that much is obvious but the phrase 'lambs to the slaughter' seems to be increasingly appropriate.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:32 am

matttheclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:16 pm
I think he could be an interesting player next season (assuming he's still here) in the Championship where we'd expect to be dominating most games, I think he could be pretty effective. But he's not been a good fit for us this season
As already alluded to, when we go down, he'll be the first one in with a transfer request.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:43 am

dougcollins wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:32 am
As already alluded to, when we go down, he'll be the first one in with a transfer request.
He can request one, he might not be getting one. Can’t be featuring highly in too many scouting reports.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:15 am

How much will we get back for him ? The growing player value project doesn’t appear to be going well.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:40 am

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:15 am
How much will we get back for him ? The growing player value project doesn’t appear to be going well.
According to some posters on here it's impossible to lose money on the players we bought last summer.

How they've arrived at that conclusion I don't know.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:21 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:15 am
No doubt will be loaned out to a European club to see if we can increase his value.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:23 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:54 pm
Who have we sold, that he bought, for a profit?

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:49 pm

I think Amdouni and even more so Tresor, are perfect examples of "stat" players.
It's easy to spot players with brilliant stats in other teams / leagues, but it takes real skill to spot players with good stats coupled with grit, a strong work ethic, strength and desire.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 pm

Was he this poor earlier in the season?

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:38 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 pm
Was he this poor earlier in the season?
Amdouni the only player this season to have dribbled past Virgil Van Dijk.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:42 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:38 pm
Amdouni the only player this season to have dribbled past Virgil Van Dijk.
Which way was he going?
This user liked this post: dsr

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:46 pm

He was pretty anonymous today and he a good half an hour.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 2921 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

dermotdermot wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:46 pm
He was pretty anonymous today and he a good half an hour.
sadly been like that for too long now.

THEWELLERNUT70

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:59 pm

The chin strokers love him, the fact of the matter is he'll appear to be good in a good team so he can drift in and out of games. Burnley are not that team !

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 pm

Amdouni did the same in half an hour as fofana did in 96 minutes today tbf. Both offered absolutely nothing. Everytime ball came to fofana it bounced off him, we have been without foster as such crucial parts of the season.

Fofana is another in this group of players that can show flashes of brilliance but isn’t anywhere near consistent enough

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 pm

He only cost £15 million so cut the lad a bit of slack.

THEWELLERNUT70

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:49 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 pm
Amdouni did the same in half an hour as fofana did in 96 minutes today tbf. Both offered absolutely nothing. Everytime ball came to fofana it bounced off him, we have been without foster as such crucial parts of the season.

Fofana is another in this group of players that can show flashes of brilliance but isn’t anywhere near consistent enough
And Fofana has contributed how many more goals and assists over a few games when compared.....

Laughable comparison 🤣