Championship naivety

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Championship naivety

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:02 am

Really thought we'd come out flying yesterday but it seems we've learnt nothing, more worringly I'm starting to wonder if VK has even taking the championship too lightly next season.
Looking at the teams and the lack of fight in ours we really aren't going to walk it again like last season, the championship last season was so poor compared to this season.
Players like Foster who people keep saying will be brilliant has been openly told isn't a championship striker so where does that leave him?
Muric, Benson, Zaroury, Rodriguez, Cork, Tresor, JBL, Ekdal, Al Dakhil, Roberts will all more than likely want out, others may get offers and want to leave.
The thought we will bounce back is so naive, this could be disastrous for our football club

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Re: Championship naivety

Post by Westleigh » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:20 am

How many of our players ( sorry VK’s ) do we have that are physically and mentally tough enough for the championship ?

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 am

bumba wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:02 am
Really thought we'd come out flying yesterday but it seems we've learnt nothing, more worringly I'm starting to wonder if VK has even taking the championship too lightly next season.
Looking at the teams and the lack of fight in ours we really aren't going to walk it again like last season, the championship last season was so poor compared to this season.
Players like Foster who people keep saying will be brilliant has been openly told isn't a championship striker so where does that leave him?
Muric, Benson, Zaroury, Rodriguez, Cork, Tresor, JBL, Ekdal, Al Dakhil, Roberts will all more than likely want out, others may get offers and want to leave.
The thought we will bounce back is so naive, this could be disastrous for our football club
Stop being negative Bumba,it’s not allowed.
This user liked this post: bumba

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:39 am

Westleigh wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:20 am
How many of our players ( sorry VK’s ) do we have that are physically and mentally tough enough for the championship ?
They'll be shot to bits after this season with a losing mentality, teams in the championship raise their game for relegated clubs they'll come and have a go I don't see the fight in this lot to overcome that.

Mark the Claret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Mark the Claret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:45 am

Westleigh wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:20 am
Not enough, next season won't be anything like the last time we were in the championship.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:15 am

Mark the Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:45 am
Not enough, next season won't be anything like the last time we were in the championship.
Last season was just a perfect example of a one off, a little bit like what happened at deadwood when they won the prem. New board, new manager, new team etc. Everyone bought into it, owners, player's, fan's, media were excited about it. All the players gelled, and we had a trio of very good up and coming player's, and a few of the dyche era mixed in, it was all a good mix and it worked, plus a very decent goalkeeper. Never going to happen like that again next season imo.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:45 am

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:15 am
Last season was just a perfect example of a one off, a little bit like what happened at deadwood when they won the prem. New board, new manager, new team etc. Everyone bought into it, owners, player's, fan's, media were excited about it. All the players gelled, and we had a trio of very good up and coming player's, and a few of the dyche era mixed in, it was all a good mix and it worked, plus a very decent goalkeeper. Never going to happen like that again next season imo.
The problem we have this time is the whole world has seen how VK has cast aside his championship winning side for other players from the championship or even league 1 to replace the championship winning squad he claims isn't good enough. Now any signings will have doubts knowing if they sign they might not get a fair chance like McNally, Egan-Riley, Churlinov, Twine or if we're promoted despite your excellent form you'll be benched or loaned out like Muric, Benson or Zaroury.

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 610 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:02 am

“ Never going to happen like that again next season imo.”

No I can’t say it will either. But there’s no reason why the players we currently have, can’t get us automatic promotion. The gulf between the Prem and Championship is just massive.
This user liked this post: nettiepicot92

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:05 am

There is quite an interesting thing going on, which I have been guilty of myself, where people believe both that VK worked miracles last season and promotion was a great achievement but also that promotion from the Championship is very easy and can be taken for granted.

I think the truth is we have no idea what the team VK will put together for next season will look like or if it will be any good. We have seen him have one brilliant summer window and one awful summer transfer window. It's difficult imo to have too much faith the brilliant one is the default.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1706 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:44 am

I am less worried about who will be in our team next year in the Championship than the morale and bond between VK and his key players. There is something sadly gone astray with many players a shadow of the team that kicked off in August. Look at the decline in players like Roberts, Amdouini, Benson, Zaroury,Brownhill and several others. We know three of these were recently desperate to get away.Yesterday I got the impression few on that pitch cared. And when was the last time we had four players sent off in a season, that's possibly more than we saw on SD's tenure. 26 league games played and I am struggling to come up with a highlight.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Winstonswhite wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:02 am
“ Never going to happen like that again next season imo.”

No I can’t say it will either. But there’s no reason why the players we currently have, can’t get us automatic promotion. The gulf between the Prem and Championship is just massive.
A lot of the players we currently have won't be here

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:07 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:44 am
I am less worried about who will be in our team next year in the Championship than the morale and bond between VK and his key players. There is something sadly gone astray with many players a shadow of the team that kicked off in August. Look at the decline in players like Roberts, Amdouini, Benson, Zaroury,Brownhill and several others. We know three of these were recently desperate to get away.Yesterday I got the impression few on that pitch cared. And when was the last time we had four players sent off in a season, that's possibly more than we saw on SD's tenure. 26 league games played and I am struggling to come up with a highlight.
Don't know if it's they don't care but more don't believe in the manager, they'll know when he keeps setting up with the same style and tactics that there going to suffer.
To be asked to do it over and over is frustrating as a player, he needs to rest a few of the players and give some others a fresh chance and pick a system and style that suits this group

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:24 pm

that thing in the summer, the transfer window........