Season tickets next season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
The Shire Claret
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Re: Season tickets next season

Post by The Shire Claret » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:41 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:03 pm
What have you seen? Have the prices been announced?
No, not officially … if you read up it’s looking like a slight increase but nothing confirmed from the club

UTC

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12497 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 pm

Information on Season Tickets will be released by Burnley Football Club tomorrow afternoon - According to the Clarets Trust.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:30 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 pm
Information on Season Tickets will be released by Burnley Football Club tomorrow afternoon - According to the Clarets Trust.
Perhaps that might end all this speculation by folk that haven't got a clue then ... but then again 🤣🤣🤣

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:55 pm
The only trouble with increases to the u18s ST is most of the kids aren't old enough to enjoy the game/get their moneys worth.
They are there to allow the parent a free afternoon watching the football without the wife/husband giving them grief.

Most parents will pay for the U18s ST. So with a rise, it will be around 700 quid for a dad and lad.

We have no family stand anymore, so we need to keep it affordable.

Would £700 be the dearest seats in the ground ?

How much are season tickets for adults in the Beehole, Longside lower or Cricket ? I can't imagine any of them are currently around £500 which they would have to be to get near £700. Mine was £500 for the middle of the Longside upper. If they increase I was told at weekend is correct then mine is going up £40, if this is correct I find it hard to believe the tickets in other stands are going up more than this.

KIds season tickets are very well priced, I will have to presume clartedj feels that £7 a game is too dear considering his lack of response but seen fit to like your response instead. Wasn't there a thing on here for last week saying come and watch Padiham it is half price making it £3.50 for adults if you had a season ticket at Burnley ? If so their full price ticket is the same as a kids ticket to watch Premier League / Championship football compared to which ever division they are in. It is hard to argue they aren't well priced
This user liked this post: NewClaret

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:07 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 am

How much are season tickets for adults in the Beehole, Longside lower or Cricket ? I can't imagine any of them are currently around £500 which they would have to be to get near £700. Mine was £500 for the middle of the Longside upper. If they increase I was told at weekend is correct then mine is going up £40, if this is correct I find it hard to believe the tickets in other stands are going up more than this.

KIds season tickets are very well priced, I will have to presume clartedj feels that £7 a game is too dear considering his lack of response but seen fit to like your response instead. Wasn't there a thing on here for last week saying come and watch Padiham it is half price making it £3.50 for adults if you had a season ticket at Burnley ? If so their full price ticket is the same as a kids ticket to watch Premier League / Championship football compared to which ever division they are in. It is hard to argue they aren't well priced
Well said.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:55 pm
The only trouble with increases to the u18s ST is most of the kids aren't old enough to enjoy the game/get their moneys worth.
They are there to allow the parent a free afternoon watching the football without the wife/husband giving them grief.
You think “most” kids under the age of 18 going on the turf aren’t old enough to enjoy the game ?
Where are you getting this from ?
My experience is nothing like that. Our group of season ticket holders have been bringing on our kids for the last 10 or 15 years and they all love it and have become lifelong supporters.
Most of us were brought on the game by one of our parents too or older siblings and that’s how we became supporters. We weren’t being forced to go on to give one of the family a rest !!

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 am

At the minute, kids tickets are very well priced, especially for the 12-18 Yr olds who enjoy the football.
I have 3 mates who take their 6 year olds to keep their wives happy with headphones and ipads. They sit in the lower longside who had a rise to 480 last year( not much behind the top price).
We have basically been able to build our support with people like these over the last 15 years or so with cheap kids prices.
But they are just paying 600 quid plus for themselves.

How much do you keep pushing these type of fans?

If you could get in the CF it would be great. Not the best stand for kids, but cheap and dry.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:40 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 am
You think “most” kids under the age of 18 going on the turf aren’t old enough to enjoy the game ?
My experience is nothing like that. Our group of season ticket holders have been bringing on our kids for the last 10 or 15 years and they all love it and have become lifelong supporters.
Most of us were brought on the game by one of our parents too or older siblings and that’s how we became supporters. We weren’t being forced to go on to give one of the family a rest !!
Apologies, I should have said. Most of the kids I see.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:52 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 am
If the kids have been coming on for the last 10/15 years, I presume they are older now, so will enjoy it more with better attention spans.
Oh and they took advantage of cheap kids tickets.
Let's hope the next generation of parents can also have access to cheap kids tickets.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:07 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:52 am
If the kids have been coming on for the last 10/15 years, I presume they are older now, so will enjoy it more with better attention spans.
Oh and they took advantage of cheap kids tickets.
Let's hope the next generation of parents can also have access to cheap kids tickets.
Some are now older and some are still under 10. All of them enjoy it. If they didn’t they would not go on. All of us have kids who don’t want to go on either (siblings of the kids who do go on)

I do agree 100% that we should keep kids tickets cheap. Irrespective of how enthusiastic your children are about going on the game it needs to be affordable. The cost of bringing children on has increased in other ways (food, drink, strips, programmes etc)….the last thing families need is big increases in the tickets too. It’s extremely short sighted of the club (or any club) to go down this route.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:11 am

Let's just hope they don't jump on the Arsenal/Spurs bandwagon and start hitting senior season tickets
These 3 users liked this post: Funkydrummer Spike Juan Tanamera

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:24 am

Arsenal and Spurs both have big waiting lists. When we went to Spurs for the 5-0 drubbing we were talking to some Spurs fans after the game. They had normal seats and their tickets had gone up to £1,800 a season but they said there was a 2 year waiting list.

The issue for these clubs is that unlike Burnley their match day revenue is a very significant amount of their total revenues. Their revenue from this is not too different from our TV revenue.

The way these clubs take advantage of their supporters and the demand for season tickets is awful. Their approach seems to be they do not care who fills their seats - kids, OAPs….they have to pay the going rate because there is someone waiting to fill it.

Hopefully this is not a route we ever go down.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:11 am
Let's just hope they don't jump on the Arsenal/Spurs bandwagon and start hitting senior season tickets
That would be awful, and utterly needless considering the uplift would probably give them enough additional revenue to cover about a month of Tresor's salary if they're lucky. Surely it just wouldn't be worth the bad press. My Dad has benefitted from it for two years now, what a kick in the teeth it would be to others only just finally becoming of age to benefit after decades of paying full price and in the state the country/world is in at the minute.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 am

jedi_master wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 am
That would be awful, and utterly needless considering the uplift would probably give them enough additional revenue to cover about a month of Tresor's salary if they're lucky. Surely it just wouldn't be worth the bad press. My Dad has benefitted from it for two years now, what a kick in the teeth it would be to others only just finally becoming of age to benefit after decades of paying full price and in the state the country/world is in at the minute.
My concern is that last year when the average increase was around 8%, mine went up 12%. I so hope they don't hit us again.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Do you reckon that is likely ?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:39 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:28 am
Do you reckon that is likely ?
No idea but to be honest I'm surprised they could even be considering any sort of increases given in all likelihood we'll be playing at a lower level next season.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:59 am

I think the 'cyclical' rationale for increasing tickets after relegation/promotion is inevitable.

Relegation - Price increase for more games.
Promotion - Price increase as you're seeing a better standard of opponent.

Lets hope we don't become a yo-yo team or we'll be paying Chelsea / Arsenal prices before long :lol:

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:18 am

ClaretTony wrote:
There aren't many good things about getting older but this is one of them.
This will be my first old bugger ticket and if they snatch it away from me now that will be the clincher in my wavering mind regarding renewing or not.
NOT!

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Whitgord » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:27 am

I am looking forward to my first over 65 ticket this time. I have paid full price for a very long time!!!!

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 am

Another issue which has always bugged me and is related to Season Tickets.
Just how many people get free tickets to games because they know someone who used to live next door to a chap whose nephew went to school with a cleaner at Gawthorpe??
Just had a chat with someone who knows someone who is a relative of an official at a recent game and was dishing out tickets. Not just normal tickets either - you want a meal with that freebie - no problem!
Wasters.
Meanwhile, the rest of us wait to see how big an increase we have coming.
Bitter? Me?
Nah.
This user liked this post: Downhamclaret

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:30 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Was told back end of last week to expect the biggest increases to be for U18/21 and senior tickets. And talk of a 25% increase on hospitality prices!

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:31 am

Ightenhill_Claret wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:30 am
Was told back end of last week to expect the biggest increases to be for U18/21 and senior tickets. And talk of a 25% increase on hospitality prices!
If that’s the case, then they are potentially pricing the next generation out.

Spike
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Spike » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:35 am

Ightenhill_Claret wrote:
Would be senseless to overly increase tickets for the younger fans . They will be here long after the current loan rangers have rode off into the sunset.But they will only be here if we treat them right
This season will be my 51st season ticket . Hopefully my second discounted senior ticket

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:39 am
No idea but to be honest I'm surprised they could even be considering any sort of increases given in all likelihood we'll be playing at a lower level next season.
It’s laughable really when you think about it. We’ve seen just two home wins all season. To me that’s the only two times I’ve been entertained, as my only interest is in Burnley winning. You then add in the other fiascos (catering, attempts at half time entertainment, entering and exiting the stadium etc..) they should really be giving us a large portion of our money back.

Whilst i know that’s not going to happen or how it works, but my god any increase on what we’ve put up with this year would be joke in my eyes.

Blue Skies
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Blue Skies » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:01 pm

Need to follow the Government for you grey haired lot/pensioners Spike. Triple lock increase and raise the threshold to 70. After all you can afford it! :)

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1075 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 pm

KlyBfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am
It’s laughable really when you think about it. We’ve seen just two home wins all season. To me that’s the only two times I’ve been entertained, as my only interest is in Burnley winning. You then add in the other fiascos (catering, attempts at half time entertainment, entering and exiting the stadium etc..) they should really be giving us a large portion of our money back.

Whilst i know that’s not going to happen or how it works, but my god any increase on what we’ve put up with this year would be joke in my eyes.

So a massive increase on this season ticket price would of been okay with you because of the fantastic entertaining title winning season we had the previous season

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 pm

KlyBfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am

So a massive increase on this season ticket price would of been okay with you because of the fantastic entertaining title winning season we had the previous season

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Ightenhill_Claret wrote:
Hospitality prices went up 25% last year. Surely they don't expect people to return if they do it again?

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:25 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 pm
Easier to justify a hike in prices after a record breaking season, than it is after the shitshow we’ve had to endure this season.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 pm
It did increase (I think mine went up roughly £ 45 though I can’t honestly remember exactly) after that season and I didn’t bat an eye lid as we’d gone up, been entertained and an increase was probably due. That can’t be said this year can it .
This user liked this post: dsr

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:02 pm

KlyBfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:39 pm
It did increase (I think mine went up roughly £ 45 though I can’t honestly remember exactly) after that season and I didn’t bat an eye lid as we’d gone up, been entertained and an increase was probably due. That can’t be said this year can it .
Swings and roundabouts

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Screenshot_20240327-130512.png
Screenshot_20240327-130512.png (217.17 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

Gone up even less than was told

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:14 pm

Just three weeks and two days to renew at early bird prices. Act fast!

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:15 pm

At least it's over 12 months and not 10

Goody1975
Been Liked: 992 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:15 pm

North Stand Lower has to be a mistake?

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:16 pm

No mention of how to redeem credits previously received from the Ticket Exchange against the cost of the season ticket when paying via Direct Debit.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3191 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 pm

So for those of us that don’t seem to get “selective” emails from the club, can somebody post the details please?

What are the DD arrangements?
Does the ST auto renew as that was what was said would happen

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 pm
So for those of us that don’t seem to get “selective” emails from the club, can somebody post the details please?

It’s all on the website.

The Shire Claret
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by The Shire Claret » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:22 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:18 pm

It might be worth going on the official website as it’s very detailed with an explanation of the increase.

Including comparisons to other clubs in the PL and Championship

UTC

Chuckypad
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 274 times

Post by Chuckypad » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:23 pm

Does anyone have the early bird prices from last year?

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm

:shock: Well this is a little worrying
Attachments
IMG_5343.png
IMG_5343.png (786.75 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm

Chuckypad wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:23 pm
Does anyone have the early bird prices from last year?
Don’t have them all but my ticket in the longside upper has increased from £500 to £525, so an increase of 5%.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm

Bloody hell - mine has gone up just about 25%

BedfordsDad
Been Liked: 32 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by BedfordsDad » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm

32% for mine in the Bob Lord.

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm
Bloody hell - mine has gone up just about 25%
I thought when my contact said 25% that was on hospitality. Was not expecting that on 'normal' tickets!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:31 pm

No mention of it in the narrative on the club's website but to be increasing senior charges by that amount is ridiculous.
These 3 users liked this post: BedfordsDad jedi_master KlyBfc

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2939 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:32 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm
:shock: Well this is a little worrying
My ticket was there, now its disappeared!

System crashed due us all piling on?

Jellybean
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Jellybean » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:33 pm

All the big increases for pensioners and under 22s then, bit harsh?
This user liked this post: KlyBfc

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm

gawthorpe_view wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:32 pm
My ticket was there, now its disappeared!

System crashed due us all piling on?
Looks like it. Mines now returned

But my 10yr old nephew is down as an adult