Get this clown out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blyclaret
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Get this clown out

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:53 pm

If VK was one of my employees he would be in my office in morning getting his P45.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:54 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:51 pm
Hes showing anything but learning tbh
By your own admission, you don't even watch our games. You are the worst of the lot.
These 2 users liked this post: Hapag Lloyd northeastclaret

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3347 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:57 pm

It's far, far too late for a sacking. That particular die was cast quite some time ago. The board opted to stick with their guy at a certain point well past now, when everything was clearly going to rat droppings and getting shut of the manager now would achieve absolutely nothing aside from a large bill to see out his lucrative contract. The thing is you can appoint anyone you like to replace him (Pep even!!) but they would never, ever turn this season around from here, so it's all totally pointless (to coin a phrase!)

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:01 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:38 pm
Do you not think it might be appropriate to consider the different levels of football?
Regardless of level it’s statistically the worse season in our history.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 2921 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:02 pm

For those who want VK to remain...

The Majority of the logic for him remaining has been because he has proven he can do it in the Championship. By that logic, do you sack him if he gets us back to the Prem because using that same logic he has proved he cannot do it in the Prem?
These 8 users liked this post: mickleoverclaret Superjohnnyfrancis warksclaret Carlos the Great Dark Cloud Vim Fuego Rumpelstiltskin Shaggy

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:02 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:57 pm
It's far, far too late for a sacking. That particular die was cast quite some time ago. The board opted to stick with their guy at a certain point well past now, when everything was clearly going to rat droppings and getting shut of the manager now would achieve absolutely nothing aside from a large bill to see out his lucrative contract. The thing is you can appoint anyone you like to replace him (Pep even!!) but they would never, ever turn this season around from here, so it's all totally pointless (to coin a phrase!)
The standard of his signings though before next season is what worries me and then losing Muric also and being stuck with Trafford in champ. Recipe for disaster and another transfer window wasted! Loads of players not good enough taking all the wages up.
This user liked this post: Carlos the Great

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:04 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:26 pm
I think I've seen enough.

I've had concerns with this 'model' and style of recruiting and I just don't see it being successful and fostering a proper team ethos.

Not sure where we go from here but this isn't for me.

Bye 👋
These 5 users liked this post: Lip Nori1958 northeastclaret Holtyclaret NewClaret

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:08 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:54 pm
By your own admission, you don't even watch our games. You are the worst of the lot.
You are just a snide commentator you dont keep up with things do you, really hope you arent anywhere near the NHS :lol:

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:09 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:02 pm

The Majority of the logic for him remaining has been because he has proven he can do it in the Championship. By that logic, do you sack him if he gets us back to the Prem because using that same logic he has proved he cannot do it in the Prem?
Exactly my point on other threads-everything shows he is sliding rather than improving his skills. The absolute lack of confidence in the players which is noticeably growing ,is starting to be reflected in certain players who have shown they had skills earlier in the season ie O Shea, Odobert, Amdouini,Berge to some degree, Brownhill and now are looking very ordinary. Its been an absolute disaster, and are snookered in that we have little option but keeping him and his questionable coaches. He seriously needs however to become more accountable if we are keeping him. He is getting away with murder
This user liked this post: burnleymik

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:20 pm

SalouClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:17 pm
He tackled himself more than he was tackled today. Gets in good positions and then needlessly falls over or lets the ball go out of play/to the opposition.
This just shows that some people don't watch a game and make up their minds about people before a ball is kicked.

Vitinho was one of our better players today, created several chances which we could have scored from, aside from that his energy and work ethic is levels above some of the rest of them.

It's a pity people try and dig him out week in week out, he's one of the only players who looks like they give a ****.
These 4 users liked this post: PhiladelphiaChris Claret Wo Didi louieollie

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:27 pm

burnleymik wrote:

No, I would recognise he's a young manager who can learn lessons and improve.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 pm
I think bottom of 4th division, years in 3rd and 4th divisions were far worse, more points possibly, but this season comes nowhere near any of those seasons, we might get relegated, but won't be one game away from extinction
Stats mean nowt in this case.
Come on, Nori. This is just a really tired argument.

We can’t keep bringing up the Orient game, or the years in the 4th Division, like a get out of jail free card, to be used to admonish the club/manager/players of any criticism for all eternity.

Using this logic, being bottom of League 1 would be acceptable because it would still represent progress from nearly going out of the league, wouldn’t it?

Why doesn’t anyone bring up the glory years of the 60’s when we have these discussions? They are just as irrelevant.
These 2 users liked this post: CoolClaret spt_claret

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:28 pm
On a number of metrics it is. In the grand scheme of things is it as bad as the 3rd or 4th tier, of course not. But in isolation as a single season it's appalling - we're on track for one of if not our worst points tally ever, our worst home points tally ever, we've already broke the PL record for most home defeats, the 'good football' tag, subjective at the best of times, is countered by a few basic facts- we don't score many, we concede lots, most of our 'pretty play' and possession is dithering in our own half or third, with the occasional move forward. Today was one of our best performances of the season and we lost 2-0 at home breaking the home defeat record.
It's abject misery and regarding Kompany what I find hard to reconcile is the following:

-Many of the ardent 'Kompany In' fans, were confidently predicting we'd walk the Championship last season before a ball was kicked, they took it as a formality, quoting the bookies favouring us for the title. I, and a number of others, were less optimistic. I predicted mid table, maybe playoffs, due to the extent of the rebuild.

-Those same "we'll walk it" fans are now generally suddenly saying Kompany overachieved last season, that it was a massive success in excess of expectations- frankly untrue in their case given they expected to coast to the title. They're using other people's criteria to judge Kompany's performance. By their own standards, he hit the target last season, and by ANY measure cannot be deemed as anything but underperforming this season, especially next to Sheffield & in particular Luton in context- last season vs this as a measuring stick, summer spend etc.

I am just about still 'Kompany In', hanging by a thread but just about, I think stability and continuity is important in football and loyalty is to be admired. I increasingly worry he's lost the team, isn't learning or is in fact regressing, and last season was more a virtue of our relative spend/existing squad value vs the rest of the league and our core of Dyche holdovers. However- by MY standards, he overperformed versus last season's expectations, so for that reason I would keep him. But I don't understand how people who were so blase about last season, can still be saying "He's great and exceeded expectations" when he simply hasn't exceeded their own expectations. They're arguing out of a desire to 'win' against other people who are more critical rather than be intellectually honest and it just smacks of some emotional attachment to ALK's project rather than the club itself.

Pretty much agree word for word.. it’s if he loses the dressing room and players at that point. It’s done and dusted

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:35 pm

Can't see Kompany staying long now.

The majority of the squad literally do not care if we stay up or not as they know they'll be alright. More than half of them didn't bother showing up for a recent team bonding session- that tells you all you need to know.

Fair play to the ones that did show up but you'd find it pretty easy to guess who they were and the ones who couldn't be arsed.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm
Come on, Nori. This is just a really tired argument.

We can’t keep bringing up the Orient game, or the years in the 4th Division, like a get out of jail free card, to be used to admonish the club/manager/players of any criticism for all eternity.

Using this logic, being bottom of League 1 would be acceptable because it would still represent progress from nearly going out of the league, wouldn’t it?

Why doesn’t anyone bring up the glory years of the 60’s when we have these discussions? They are just as irrelevant.
It's only used by me if someone says that this season is the worst ever, for me it's not, worst Premier league season yes, but worst ever... Come on, you work with evidence, and what does the evidence say?

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:40 pm

Completely disjointed today with some players playing in several different positions on the field all in the same 90 mins. Its like a lab experiment!
Who the heck wants Vintinho in the centre forward position when a cross comes in ?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12498 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:44 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:40 pm
Completely disjointed today with some players playing in several different positions on the field all in the same 90 mins. Its like a lab experiment!
Who the heck wants Vintinho in the centre forward position when a cross comes in ?
Me if he'd have scored with the header!

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:44 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:04 pm
Bye 👋
This kind of pithy attitude should be directed towards the likes of Anthonini who by his own admission doesn't give a toss about Burnley and is a Vincent Kompany fan first and foremost.
I certainly don't agree with booing our players, but we shouldn't turn on our own f***ing fans. They're the ones who stick things out, who put money IN rather than get money OUT of the club. The fans mean more than the players or manager or owner. It's the same reason why even though I don't personally care about Alan Pace shaking hands, showing his face or "whats his thoughts on this" etc., I don't blame fans who do and don't agree with "He owns the club he owes us nothing". Bob Lord had that attitude. Just as people two years ago (rightly) said that Sean Dyche, our best manager in 50 years, wasn't bigger than the club. Weird some people seem to act like Kompany's bigger than the club, like Pace IS the club, and like it's the lifelong fans who ought to like it or lump it. Very, very uprooted NFL franchise attitude to take.
These 3 users liked this post: CoolClaret mickleoverclaret Downhamclaret

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:20 pm
This just shows that some people don't watch a game and make up their minds about people before a ball is kicked.

Vitinho was one of our better players today, created several chances which we could have scored from, aside from that his energy and work ethic is levels above some of the rest of them.

It's a pity people try and dig him out week in week out, he's one of the only players who looks like they give a ****.

I didn't say he wasn't one of our better players today. I was replying to someone who was saying he should be starting for us on the wing, I didn't just pluck his name out of thin air or "make up my my mind" before the game.

His work rate is great, but that doesn't make him a good footballer. He's not in the top 5 or 6 wingers at the club and anyone hoping for him starting on the wing next season must be expecting a mid-table finish in the Championship.

Also, going back to your opening sentence, I've now watched the game twice and I stand by my comments. I don't mind Vitinho, but he's not a player to take the club forwards.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 2921 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:27 pm
No, I would recognise he's a young manager who can learn lessons and improve.
What signs of that have you seen this season? I am not being facetious, genuine question.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:35 pm

The majority of the squad literally do not care if we stay up or not as they know they'll be alright. More than half of them didn't bother showing up for a recent team bonding session- that tells you all you need to know.

Fair play to the ones that did show up but you'd find it pretty easy to guess who they were and the ones who couldn't be arsed.
Go on then, who didn't turn up? And why would they not care if we get relegated, seeing as their salaries will be drastically cut if we go down!
Last edited by Leisure on Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 pm
It's only used by me if someone says that this season is the worst ever, for me it's not, worst Premier league season yes, but worst ever... Come on, you work with evidence, and what does the evidence say?
How about people who say last season was our best ever or 'one of our best ever' then? By that same logic, it can't have been as good as any survival season in the league above, because the standards and all that are different.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:47 pm

boyyanno wrote:
More than half of them didn't bother showing up for a recent team bonding session- that tells you all you need to know.

I must have missed this, got a link or anything? Who didn't show up, thats a genuinely shocking indictment on the dressing room and culture in the team if true but I've not seen owt about it

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 pm
How about people who say last season was our best ever or 'one of our best ever' then? By that same logic, it can't have been as good as any survival season in the league above, because the standards and all that are different.
Last season wasn't our best ever

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm
What signs of that have you seen this season? I am not being facetious, genuine question.
Not much. He's got time to learn and improve going forward though

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:44 pm
Me if he'd have scored with the header!
Funny

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:49 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:47 pm
I must have missed this, got a link or anything? Who didn't show up, thats a genuinely shocking indictment on the dressing room and culture in the team if true but I've not seen owt about it
A rumour last week, nothing to back it up
This user liked this post: spt_claret

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:50 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm
Last season wasn't our best ever
Several on here have said it's our best season or best in recent memory. Go on be honest was it better than our PL survival, 10th place or European finish in your eyes? Because by your own logic, it can't be.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2257 times
Has Liked: 2172 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:49 pm
There was a picture doing the rounds on socials - it was basically the old guard + Dara.

It'll be on twitter if someone bothers digging.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:54 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:49 pm
So probably didn't happen. But being used by some to knock the Club/players!

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11058 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:55 pm

Leisure wrote:
Go on then, who didn't turn up? And why would they not care if we get relegated, seeing as their salaries will be drastically cut if we go down!
more made up ******** mate
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure evensteadiereddie

Vim Fuego
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Vim Fuego » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:56 pm

burnleymik wrote:

Good post

And equally, do we fans owe VK the same level of loyalty that he has given to that fine group of players that brought us back up ? And likewise, for those players that remain, from them back to VK and our club

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:57 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:50 pm
Several on here have said it's our best season or best in recent memory. Go on be honest was it better than our PL survival, 10th place or European finish in your eyes? Because by your own logic, it can't be.
If they said.. In recent times... I'd agree

But best ever? Obviously not, just like this isn't the worst season ever!!!

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:10 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:57 pm
If they said.. In recent times... I'd agree

But best ever? Obviously not, just like this isn't the worst season ever!!!
But, by your own logic, how can it be the best in recent times? This can't be our worst ever even in isolation because of the level we're at- nevermind record low points, record home defeats etc. The wider context, in particular the level, matters. So how is last season better than qualifying for Europe finishing 7th in the Prem, if the level of play trumps results or on pitch performances as an isolated season?

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:16 pm

burnleymik wrote:

I’m pretty clear on this point.

He gets next season (or, as a bare minimum, until October say) to have us in the automatic race. I think he will bring us up, there are no excuses for not doing with the squad really and he will wheel and deal. I’m pretty confident we will come up.

Once we’re back here though, we need to see improvement on this season immediately. He would not have patience from even the likes of myself who have backed him to the hilt beyond the first 7/8 games. If it’s looking like another car crash and he hasn’t learned from this season, then we part ways at that moment. I think that’s more than fair on both parties.

He has credit for me to get this summer and get us going next season. This has been bloody awful and I fear it’ll continue to be this bad till the final day - but he knows how to deliver promotion. It seems to me utterly pointless to bin a promotion winner and hope we stumble upon another one. They don’t grow on trees.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie burnleymik louieollie

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:16 pm

boyyanno wrote:

Got told this story on the match today. Sounds like an event gone wrong and literally sums up this squad.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:21 pm

Get this clown out? The conundrum I have is that he has been useless this season but I don't think it will help what the club are trying to do if he goes. I know this sounds like we are stuck with him

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:46 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:55 pm
more made up ******** mate
I mean you can snipe all you want but it really isn't.

Was organised by a senior player in the squad. Be easier to tell you who attended than who didn't.
This user liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:48 pm

Leisure wrote:
Most of them. As CoolClaret said it was pretty much the old heads that attended.

They don't care because they likely know they've got release clauses etc and can move on pretty easily.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:53 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:46 pm

Was organised by a senior player in the squad. Be easier to tell you who attended than who didn't.
you do realise just because you said it happened doesn't mean it did right ? The rumour came from Twitter, it's full of the biggest pile of made up crack talking wannabe in the know clowns around.

I like this one from today, must be right though because someone (described above) said it on twitter:
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-03 12.50.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-03 12.50.50 PM.png (89.55 KiB) Viewed 842 times

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:57 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:48 pm
Most of them. As CoolClaret said it was pretty much the old heads that attended.

They don't care because they likely know they've got release clauses etc and can move on pretty easily.
Bet you can't actually name them! So you actually know that they've got release clauses, or are you just making that up to fit your agenda?
Last edited by Leisure on Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:58 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:46 pm

Well, go on then.
This user liked this post: Leisure

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:58 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:53 pm
you do realise just because you said it happened doesn't mean it did right ? The rumour came from Twitter, it's full of the biggest pile of made up crack talking wannabe in the know clowns around.

I like this one from today, must be right though because someone (described above) said it on twitter:
I didn't hear it from Twitter and I don't care if you believe me.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:59 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:53 pm

I agree with a lot of b0llocks being on social media etc but there was an image and it was in a pub in the centre of Manchester; which is where a lot of the younger lads live.

I don't think Cork / Jay / Guddy live in the heart of MCR that's for sure.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:00 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:58 pm
I didn't hear it from Twitter and I don't care if you believe me.
It's not that I don't believe you, it's that you've offered ZERO evidence. Like I said, just because you said it doesn't make it so

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:01 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:48 pm
Got any examples?

Your the only person I’ve seen across numerous outlets claiming there was abuse
If you had been there you would have seen it yourself. Those in NL4 stayed behind to hurl abuse at VK who was looking directly at them “**** off you clown” “******* walk vinny” are two examples

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:02 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:59 pm
I agree with a lot of b0llocks being on social media etc but there was an image and it was in a pub in the centre of Manchester; which is where a lot of the younger lads live.

I don't think Cork / Jay / Guddy live in the heart of MCR that's for sure.
or maybe the older lads all decided to get together to discuss what was happening. Do you honestly think that an entire squad of (random number guess here) 25 players were invited and only 5 or 6 turned up ? Not a ******* chance

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:01 pm
If you had been there you would have seen it yourself. Those in NL4 stayed behind to hurl abuse at VK who was looking directly at them “**** off you clown” “******* walk vinny” are two examples
Are we really calling that abuse?

No wonder no one else is saying they heard abuse. I genuinely expected it to be way worse than that.

Can you really blame fans for that after this season.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:16 pm
I’m pretty clear on this point.

He gets next season (or, as a bare minimum, until October say) to have us in the automatic race. I think he will bring us up, there are no excuses for not doing with the squad really and he will wheel and deal. I’m pretty confident we will come up.

Once we’re back here though, we need to see improvement on this season immediately. He would not have patience from even the likes of myself who have backed him to the hilt beyond the first 7/8 games. If it’s looking like another car crash and he hasn’t learned from this season, then we part ways at that moment. I think that’s more than fair on both parties.

He has credit for me to get this summer and get us going next season. This has been bloody awful and I fear it’ll continue to be this bad till the final day - but he knows how to deliver promotion. It seems to me utterly pointless to bin a promotion winner and hope we stumble upon another one. They don’t grow on trees.
I find this idea quite scary to be honest, even disregarding personal opinion on if he should stay or go right now. We know what summer transfer windows under VK look like, we know how much they cost, how can it be sensible to go into this summer and potentially next summer with the plan of letting him do his thing and potting him after 7-8 games if it doesn't immediately click?

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:02 pm
or maybe the older lads all decided to get together to discuss what was happening. Do you honestly think that an entire squad of (random number guess here) 25 players were invited and only 5 or 6 turned up ? Not a ******* chance
I have no idea Vegas but wouldn't be surprised.

It seems strange why Cork/Jay/Guddy etc would meet in a pub in the centre of MCR like when they're known to (predominantly) live in Cheshire