Get this clown out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Re: Get this clown out

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:05 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:02 pm
or maybe the older lads all decided to get together to discuss what was happening. Do you honestly think that an entire squad of (random number guess here) 25 players were invited and only 5 or 6 turned up ? Not a ******* chance
They hardly look like they’ve been a united bunch on the field this season.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:00 pm
It's not that I don't believe you, it's that you've offered ZERO evidence. Like I said, just because you said it doesn't make it so
The only three "rumours" I've ever posted on here have been that 1. There was chatter about a documentary with all the camera presence and 2. The state of the coaching for the youth teams. I've never posted a made up rumour or regurgitated somthing I've heard from Twitter.

I really don't care if you or anyone else on here believes me. There was an event organised by Jay Rod as a get together for the squad to build morale/team building etc. The majority of them did not attend.

I've no idea what evidence you expect, although I'm aware apparently there were some pictures on twitter- but I don't have it so I wouldn't know.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 pm
Are we really calling that abuse?

No wonder no one else is saying they heard abuse. I genuinely expected it to be way worse than that.

Can you really blame fans for that after this season.
Yes along with telling him to “**** off”. And around the circle we go. Yes I can blame the fans because of what he delivered last season. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:08 pm

While he's sat on that nice big fat contract he's going nowhere of his own volition & it's an idea people better get used to.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3349 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:08 pm

Obviously there weren't many people left at the very end, but I was one and as VK walked across the pitch and strode towards the tunnel I chose to applaud him as did the majority of others (Whether he deserved it or not is another matter, but I guess I'm just too polite!!) Anyway, some people around me were definitely shouting abuse, but they were, I felt, in the minority.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
I have no idea Vegas but wouldn't be surprised.

It seems strange why Cork/Jay/Guddy etc would meet in a pub in the centre of MCR like when they're known to (predominantly) live in Cheshire
they've been together a good while, maybe it's something they've done for years but because this season has triggered people everything becomes a story.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Are we really calling that abuse?

No wonder no one else is saying they heard abuse. I genuinely expected it to be way worse than that.

Can you really blame fans for that after this season.
Sounds pretty abusive to me

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:08 pm
Obviously there weren't many people left at the very end, but I was one and as VK walked across the pitch and strode towards the tunnel I chose to applaud him as did the majority of others (Whether he deserved it or not is another matter, but I guess I'm just too polite!!) Anyway, some people around me were definitely shouting abuse, but they were, I felt, in the minority.
You could have at least shouted play Muric Vinny! :)
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12499 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:58 pm
I didn't hear it from Twitter and I don't care if you believe me.
As it stands there's really nothing to believe., as you haven't/can't give the names of anyone who did or didn't attend!

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 pm

I've no idea what evidence you expect
literally anything to substantiate your claim would do. I'm not saying your right or wrong specifically, I just prefer evidence over rumour that's all

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:12 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:57 pm
Bet you can't actually name them! So you actually know that they've got release clauses, or are you just making that up to fit your agenda?
Maybe its a cultural thing and not that they don't care?

What a strange post, you asked for a reason why they don't care, I gave you a possible one, I never said it was a definite reason.

I don't have an agenda, I've just posted somthing I know to be true, believe me or don't but don't act like a pillock. The sad thing is I've travelled with you many times Pete and you've started acting very strangely on here, why so hostile?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:12 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm
Sounds pretty abusive to me
If that’s abuse then every single football ground up and down the country is rife with it.

Give over that’s some fans letting VK know what they think of him.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3349 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:12 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 pm
You could have at least shouted play Muric Vinny! :)
Like he f***ing would!!!! 😂

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 351 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:12 pm
Like he f***ing would!!!! 😂
If he hears it enough times, he might think its his original idea :lol:
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:16 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
If that’s abuse then every single football ground up and down the country is rife with it.

Give over that’s some fans letting VK know what they think of him.
Doesn't make it right, and telling someone to f*** off you clown, is abuse, perhaps we have different standards.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:18 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Maybe its a cultural thing and not that they don't care?

What a strange post, you asked for a reason why they don't care, I gave you a possible one, I never said it was a definite reason.

I don't have an agenda, I've just posted somthing I know to be true, believe me or don't but don't act like a pillock. The sad thing is I've travelled with you many times Pete and you've started acting very strangely on here, why so hostile?
Not hostile at all. Just really interested in knowing who supposedly couldn't be bothered attending this supposed team meeting? Can you actually name them or don't you know?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:20 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 pm
they've been together a good while, maybe it's something they've done for years but because this season has triggered people everything becomes a story.
Maybe, just seemed random - oh and Dara O'Shea was there as well.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:21 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:18 pm
Not hostile at all. Just really interested in knowing who supposedly couldn't be bothered attending this supposed team meeting? Can you actually name them or don't you know?
I know why you're actually upset Pete. Resident super fan doesn't actually have a clue what goes on behind the scenes :lol:

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:22 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:01 pm
If you had been there you would have seen it yourself. Those in NL4 stayed behind to hurl abuse at VK who was looking directly at them “**** off you clown” “******* walk vinny” are two examples
Don't condone that but you got that or worse with Dyche if we went a few games without a win. Nevermind this. It's not right but considering the circumstances there's been worse during better times, without fans getting into fisticuffs or telling people "we don't need you".
CoolClaret wrote:
I have no idea Vegas but wouldn't be surprised.

It seems strange why Cork/Jay/Guddy etc would meet in a pub in the centre of MCR like when they're known to (predominantly) live in Cheshire
I'm hopeless at Twitter but I can't find it on there, got a link to anyone who's tweeted the pic?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:30 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:21 pm
I know why you're actually upset Pete. Resident super fan doesn't actually have a clue what goes on behind the scenes :lol:
At least you've got my status correct, even if you still can't name the players who supposedly didn't attend the meeting! :lol:

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:46 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
I find this idea quite scary to be honest, even disregarding personal opinion on if he should stay or go right now. We know what summer transfer windows under VK look like, we know how much they cost, how can it be sensible to go into this summer and potentially next summer with the plan of letting him do his thing and potting him after 7-8 games if it doesn't immediately click?
Well it’s not the plan per se, just personal opinion would be that it would be the right time to have the conversation. If we’re letting him have next season and he manages to get us up, we have to let him start the next PL season too. I get what you’re saying but we’re sort of damned if we do or don’t in that respect. If the writing is on the wall at the start of a hypothetical next PL season (after the first couple of months) we’d have to act really.
This user liked this post: daveisaclaret

burnmark
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by burnmark » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:50 pm

This ‘team bonding session’ was basically a group of them going out for a few pints in Mulligan’s in Manchester one Sunday afternoon. Nothing too different than a group of lads doing exactly the same up and down the country to go and watch Super Sunday.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:59 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:35 pm
Can't see Kompany staying long now.

The majority of the squad literally do not care if we stay up or not as they know they'll be alright. More than half of them didn't bother showing up for a recent team bonding session- that tells you all you need to know.

Fair play to the ones that did show up but you'd find it pretty easy to guess who they were and the ones who couldn't be arsed.
I also know this to be a fact.
I’ve only ever posted a couple of things on here which I heard about the club.
One was that we 100% had a buy clause for Beyer when he was on loan.
The other that we had got the wage bill below £30m after VKs first summer.

In terms of the above I was told which senior players organised the night out and only 7 turned up. It was in Manchester.

Also told that a senior player kicked off at the team after the Palace game in the dressing room saying the players had no heart and they were embarrassing the club.

I was told a couple of other things about the dressing room and training ground incidents too this season.

I’ve tried to defend the club for a lot of this season and I don’t like or want any abuse to be thrown at the manager or the players irrespective of what they are doing on the pitch or the mistakes they are making.

I still don’t want this to happen but after what I have been told (and it is 100% a fact) I’m really disappointed that the special bond we clearly had last year and was obviously key to our success has gone and even worse it very much looks like we have a number of broken relationships between the players themselves and also between the management and players.

Not really fussed whether people believe me or not. But noticed the thread has become quite fractious and even though we are having a truly awful season that it’s not worth some of you who know each other falling out over this.
These 2 users liked this post: CoolClaret boyyanno

Carlos the Great
Been Liked: 150 times
Has Liked: 375 times

Post by Carlos the Great » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:04 pm

VK comments are getting more bizarre .. apparently if you don’t score or concede sloppy goals you will lose football matches Zz thanks for clearing that up

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:06 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:20 pm
Maybe, just seemed random - oh and Dara O'Shea was there as well.
yes mate, I'm just pointing out you can read things any which way you want to and when things are going as badly wrong as they have this season everything seems fair game and an easy target - it could be 100% legit but there is no evidence of it either way (just like the Trafford contract thing I posted). I wasn't having a go at Boyyanno merely asking for evidence
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:07 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:05 pm
They hardly look like they’ve been a united bunch on the field this season.
Not easy when you are getting smashed every week

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:06 pm
yes mate, I'm just pointing out you can read things any which way you want to and when things are going as badly wrong as they have this season everything seems fair game and an easy target - it could be 100% legit but there is no evidence of it either way (just like the Trafford contract thing I posted). I wasn't having a go at Boyyanno merely asking for evidence
Totally agree with that and fake ITKs really bother me... Big Vinny Ks comment alludes to similar and although we don't always see eye to eye I certainly wouldn't from his posting history call him a billy bullshitter.

Something isn't right, right now and I think it's really apparent.
This user liked this post: Big Vinny K

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:22 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 pm
Something isn't right, right now and I think it's really apparent.
Here's my take, first game of the season VK came out with his (something along the lines of) "we won't play this bad all season" comment. Plenty are saying "ha ha how wrong was he".......I reckon he said it because he expected and 100% believed he would get FAR more from this group of players (like we all did) and they haven't been up to it. That's a recruitment thing for which there are a good 10-15 people who are culpable both in terms of player choice and also the number we signed. Some of these new players have really let him down but that doesn't dissolve VK of responsibility especially in the way he/they discarded some of last seasons team. It's just been a big mess and a real wasted opportunity, we've gone from a club that felt pretty united to having threads on here about people fighting over VK in or out in the stadium. A real shame would be an understatement
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:32 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:22 pm
Here's my take, first game of the season VK came out with his (something along the lines of) "we won't play this bad all season" comment. Plenty are saying "ha ha how wrong was he".......I reckon he said it because he expected and 100% believed he would get FAR more from this group of players (like we all did) and they haven't been up to it. That's a recruitment thing for which there are a good 10-15 people who are culpable both in terms of player choice and also the number we signed. Some of these new players have really let him down but that doesn't dissolve VK of responsibility especially in the way he/they discarded some of last seasons team. It's just been a big mess and a real wasted opportunity, we've gone from a club that felt pretty united to having threads on here about people fighting over VK in or out in the stadium. A real shame would be an understatement
It's a huge shame but it's one that was entirely avoidable for me.

They've made a real mess of it and not only that continued to double down and there's no indication that he'd do anything any differently if given the chance again - self-belief is a great thing but when tempered with some sort of objectivity and rationality.

To go from last season and all that feel-good factor to having a team meeting organised by the senior players where only 7 of them show up is a massive indictment for me.

I'm not sure how VK unifies the team and gets everyone back on side here, will take some doing.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:32 pm
It's a huge shame but it's one that was entirely avoidable for me.

They've made a real mess of it and not only that continued to double down and there's no indication that he'd do anything any differently if given the chance again - self-belief is a great thing but when tempered with some sort of objectivity and rationality.

To go from last season and all that feel-good factor to having a team meeting organised by the senior players where only 7 of them show up is a massive indictment for me.

I'm not sure how VK unifies the team and gets everyone back on side here, will take some doing.
wins, that simple

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:44 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 pm
wins, that simple
Wins, very difficult :shock:

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:48 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:59 pm

Also told that a senior player kicked off at the team after the Palace game in the dressing room saying the players had no heart and they were embarrassing the club.
You can imagine that being Jay Rod or Cork. Literally none of the rest would give a flying ****.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:52 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:44 pm
Wins, very difficult :shock:
I'm talking about next season, they aren't capable at this level

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:53 pm

This season is over and has been for ages. My worry is next season under Kompany. And I’m not sure about this team getting promoted next playing like we are playing. I will old my hands up and be delighted if I’m wrong.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:54 pm

Murger wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:48 pm
You can imagine that being Jay Rod or Cork. Literally none of the rest would give a flying ****.
Can easily imagine it being JBG or Charlie Taylor

Vim Fuego
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Vim Fuego » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:54 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 pm
wins, that simple
Agree Vegas, but the answer is a bit deeper than that. Especially in these testing times :)

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 216 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:05 pm

burnmark wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:50 pm
This ‘team bonding session’ was basically a group of them going out for a few pints in Mulligan’s in Manchester one Sunday afternoon. Nothing too different than a group of lads doing exactly the same up and down the country to go and watch Super Sunday.
Mulligans? No wonder hardly any one turned up. Try the Marble Arch next time I suggest,it'd be standing room only.
This user liked this post: Sgt. Pepper

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:59 pm
I also know this to be a fact.
I’ve only ever posted a couple of things on here which I heard about the club.
One was that we 100% had a buy clause for Beyer when he was on loan.
The other that we had got the wage bill below £30m after VKs first summer.

In terms of the above I was told which senior players organised the night out and only 7 turned up. It was in Manchester.

I was told a couple of other things about the dressing room and training ground incidents too this season.

I’ve tried to defend the club for a lot of this season and I don’t like or want any abuse to be thrown at the manager or the players irrespective of what they are doing on the pitch or the mistakes they are making.

I still don’t want this to happen but after what I have been told (and it is 100% a fact) I’m really disappointed that the special bond we clearly had last year and was obviously key to our success has gone and even worse it very much looks like we have a number of broken relationships between the players themselves and also between the management and players.

Not really fussed whether people believe me or not. But noticed the thread has become quite fractious and even though we are having a truly awful season that it’s not worth some of you who know each other falling out over this.
Appreciate you posting this.

I too don't care if I'm believed or not, and it's not too push an agenda. I was genuinely saddened today to see the infighting between our fans and I wanted people to know that not everyone in the trenches with us is fighting. But at least some are and credit to them.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:31 pm

Vim Fuego wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:54 pm
Agree Vegas, but the answer is a bit deeper than that. Especially in these testing times :)
absolutely, but it's the starting point

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:33 pm

Blyclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:52 pm
So now VK is living on credit…. For what he’s achieved last season. This is a results business.
If it’s a results business then you’d want a man with Kompanys results in the Championship then.

It’s easy for us all to get all emotional after a bad result and whine on here, we’ve all done it but I don’t see how sacking him now helps us for next season.

It makes more sense to just suck it up, we all know it’s been really bad. Let’s get excited for the possibilities next season and back VK to repeat the trick. It’s gonna be a big season next year in Kompanys career, I think he deserves the fans support to try and turn it around.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:57 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:02 pm
For those who want VK to remain...

The Majority of the logic for him remaining has been because he has proven he can do it in the Championship. By that logic, do you sack him if he gets us back to the Prem because using that same logic he has proved he cannot do it in the Prem?
This is a reasonable question.

My reasoning to keep Kompany is actually much broader: I think he gave us a geat season, stayed loyal in summer so deserves our support, is implementing a shared vision with the owner (I don’t know if it’ll work but I don’t see a better one for us) and I think the moment we start hiring and firing managers we’ll death spiral. But I agree, sacking a manager that knows how to win the Championship is also daft as feck.

That said, I’ll also concede he’s done poorly this year, so if he got us up what would I do?

Well I’d give him another chance but I would like to see a marked improvement. That being in recruitment, squad balance, competitiveness, etc. If I felt he’d learned from his mistakes I could ride it out, if he were to repeat them I’d have a less patience than this year. Probably a couple of months of patience if we repeat mistakes.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:08 pm
I stay and clap them off every game. Even when we’re really, really ****. For whatever reason it makes me feel better.

Quite often I’ve been pretty much on my own this season. Obviously not literally but one of a handful left and bothering to applaud.

Tonight there was by far the most applauding them off we’ve had all season. A good number left. As Kompany walked off I just saw a couple in the CFS that seemed to be unhappy although I couldn’t be certain they were having a pop but Kompany seemed to swerve the applause to them and ducked inside the tunnel. Didn’t hear any abuse at all bar those two and whatever they were saying was drowned out by applause where I was.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:34 am

Murger wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:48 pm
And both them plus Charlie Taylor likely to go this summer. We desperately need to bring in some experience, lads with some balls this summer or we'll be struggling.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:45 am

burnmark wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:50 pm
I've only seen it mentioned, by people who wouldn't know anyway, that it was a "team bonding"

It could have been anything, like you say a group of friends just going out, and nobody else knew about it
Or others were there but not in the photo
Others went but haven't arrived when the photo was taken
So many reasons but let's jump on the dressing room has been lost option

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 am

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 am
I stay and clap them off every game. Even when we’re really, really ****. For whatever reason it makes me feel better.

Quite often I’ve been pretty much on my own this season. Obviously not literally but one of a handful left and bothering to applaud.

Tonight there was by far the most applauding them off we’ve had all season. A good number left. As Kompany walked off I just saw a couple in the CFS that seemed to be unhappy although I couldn’t be certain they were having a pop but Kompany seemed to swerve the applause to them and ducked inside the tunnel. Didn’t hear any abuse at all bar those two and whatever they were saying was drowned out by applause where I was.
I was stood there in the CFS at the end, applauding as I usually do and all the players - and Kompany - acknowledged the crowd. No suggestion whatsoever of swerving or ducking, far from it.
I think they appreciated the fact that quite a few of today's gate could see the all round improvement.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:52 am

burnleymik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:02 pm
For those who want VK to remain...

The Majority of the logic for him remaining has been because he has proven he can do it in the Championship. By that logic, do you sack him if he gets us back to the Prem because using that same logic he has proved he cannot do it in the Prem?
That is what I call The Daniel Farke Scenario

this is an interesting read,

The ghost of Daniel Farke still haunts Norwich City
https://archive.ph/9Jpja
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Theivley Pike
Been Liked: 6 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Theivley Pike » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 am

That’s us .

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:03 am

I don’t know if the squad is split but I just happened to watch a clip of Nicky Eaden on Under the Cosh and he mentioned going to to a club that had a big squad. The others commented straight away that big squads were always toxic like it was standard. There’s going to be a lot of disgruntled players that aren’t playing.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:39 am

That post and link about Norwich sounds scarily like Burnley now.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 2922 times

Post by burnleymik » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:52 am
That is what I call The Daniel Farke Scenario

this is an interesting read,

The ghost of Daniel Farke still haunts Norwich City
https://archive.ph/9Jpja
Good read, but there is one major difference and it's a huge factor. Farke wasn't backed by the Norwich board on promotion, VK has been given the crown jewels, in Burnley terms.