Get this clown out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NewClaret
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Re: Get this clown out

Post by NewClaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:56 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:46 am
I was stood there in the CFS at the end, applauding as I usually do and all the players - and Kompany - acknowledged the crowd. No suggestion whatsoever of swerving or ducking, far from it.
I think they appreciated the fact that quite a few of today's gate could see the all round improvement.
Good on you, I love to see the players clapped off even when they play poorly.

Re: Kompany, what I saw (or thought I did) was him clap the longside, then briefly the CFS. Looked like he was going to go over to them a bit but I thought I saw two lads at the front giving him verbals and then he looked like he saw it, swerved a prolonged clap and went down the tunnel.

May have been wrong about those two though, couldn’t hear for the applause, and as you say the majority in there were clapping him off.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:31 am

I stuck around in the CFS. Didn't boo, clapped the players. Certainly more vocal condemnation than i've heard but I missed the last game.

More 'sort it out' near where we were but could see the lads at the front who looked animated, weirdly they started when Jackson walked over first.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:09 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:45 am
I've only seen it mentioned, by people who wouldn't know anyway, that it was a "team bonding"

It could have been anything, like you say a group of friends just going out, and nobody else knew about it
Or others were there but not in the photo
Others went but haven't arrived when the photo was taken
So many reasons but let's jump on the dressing room has been lost option
I know it was specifically arranged as a team bonding session. And I know who it was arranged by.
And given the person who told me this I know it to be the truth - just like the other things he told me about what’s happened in the dressing room recently.

That does not mean VK has lost the dressing room - but it does look like he has lost some of the players and it also looks like there is a split between some of the players.

As I said it’s up to you whether you believe me or others or not. I know these are not fabricated or exaggerated because of who it was who told me.

Whilst it was disappointing to hear these things when you think about what has happened this season and how a number of players have been treated since the summer it’s not really come as a massive surprise. It’s also something that I am pretty sure is not unique to our club and I’d guess it was more commonplace the bigger the clubs and the bigger the squads (and of course the more the team is struggling on the pitch)

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5664 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:09 pm
It’s also something that I am pretty sure is not unique to our club and I’d guess it was more commonplace the bigger the clubs and the bigger the squads (and of course the more the team is struggling on the pitch)
there was an interview with Pep after the United game, he was asked about Foden tracking back towards the end of the game - his response
"we don't negotiate that, the guy who doesn't do that isn't allowed to stay in this team"

I honestly see another big player turnover in the summer for us, we've seen more than enough times this season players not putting it in