Fans turning on each other

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
colne-claret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Fans turning on each other

Post by colne-claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:48 pm

This season has been that bad that I saw two sets of fans nearly coming to blows in Jimmy Mc upper today. Bloke in his sixties as well. Old enough to know better. We can all disagree with each other but christ why are people scrapping over it?!

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Re: Fans turning on each other

Post by Shaggy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:49 pm

Über fans vs realists

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:51 pm

Rovers fans v Clarets.
Which are you?

shulgin
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 38 times

Post by shulgin » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:51 pm

Saw the aftermath of it. Angry man coming down the steps having to be held back by family. Loser.

TheCatsWhiskers
Been Liked: 3 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by TheCatsWhiskers » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:55 pm

Fans turning on each other, booing our own goalkeeper,

Time for a a break from home matches for many I suspect.

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 584 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:55 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:49 pm
Über fans vs realists
Fans vs Cretins :D

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 1521 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:56 pm

Hardly a rare occurrence.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2006 times
Has Liked: 3347 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:04 pm

There's probably never been a season which divides opinions so markedly. Kompany (and co) was absolutely amazing last season and is utterly dreadful this season. Discuss!!!! Absolutely bound to garner polar opposite opinions. Do you allow him loads of credit for last season which was brilliant, amazing and wonderful and possibly the best most of us can ever remember, or do you pillory him as a complete baffoon for subsequently spending 100 million quid on a bunch of hopefuls who are clearly going to get us relegated? Tough one. (Imo)
These 3 users liked this post: jlup1980 Colburn_Claret hoskinsgoalatswansea

ISpeds00
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by ISpeds00 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:04 pm

Not surprised

Theres 2 chaps who sit directly behind me every home game in the JHU - and some of the **** they come out with i'm surprised someones not chinned them

Must be late 50's early 60's and think they know it all - they comment on EVERY bit of the game between themselves out loud, with snide comments

Absolute bellends they are

Good thing is one of them said he wont be renewing - they were nowhere to be seen last season either
Last edited by ISpeds00 on Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: JimmyRobbo

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:04 pm

Probably a fan who has got tired of listening to utter shite all season.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:16 pm

There was a bit of trouble brewing in the longside upper.

Don’t want to be disparaging about a fellow claret but he didn’t look all there and was singing “***ty James Trafford in goal” even when he was doing pretty well. Got some verbals and mainly people rolling their eyes and discussing what a *ick he was being privately.

Thought it was going to kick off at some points to be honest but not sure he was aware enough to realise it.

colne-claret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by colne-claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:28 pm

shulgin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:51 pm
Saw the aftermath of it. Angry man coming down the steps having to be held back by family. Loser.
Yeah it all started because somebody disagreed with him shouting F off Kompany you t**t.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:30 pm

There's a fine line between frustration and anger, it needs to be walked carefully.
It's wrong to turn on the players and other fans, yet this season is so bad, so very bad, you either accept it, or blow a gasket.
Try and remember we all care, we just show it in different ways.
These 2 users liked this post: Wo Didi Quicknick

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:04 pm
There's probably never been a season which divides opinions so markedly. Kompany (and co) was absolutely amazing last season and is utterly dreadful this season. Discuss!!!! Absolutely bound to garner polar opposite opinions. Do you allow him loads of credit for last season which was brilliant, amazing and wonderful and possibly the best most of us can ever remember, or do you pillory him as a complete baffoon for subsequently spending 100 million quid on a bunch of hopefuls who are clearly going to get us relegated? Tough one. (Imo)
As good as last season was (and it was amazing), this season has been the polar opposite and some! I can't recall a season as bad (given the level and the investment). The season was over before Christmas and we've got steadily worse as the season has progressed. There's just nothing to get excited about. Our games are over after 10-15 minutes most weeks and that alludes to a terminal issue. We're just a very poor team.

However I think the big issue many have, including myself, is next season. VK won't have the experienced heads and the togetherness he had in the Championship last season. We'll be a young team with no leadership or backbone. He will clearly have burned his bridges with important players this season and I genuinely don't see how he turns it around. Do you keep him and hope he turns it around or roll the dice and bring in a new voice for next season? That's the divide.
These 7 users liked this post: Dark Cloud Wo Didi Vino blanco gawthorpe_view THEWELLERNUT70 Quicknick k90bfc

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 pm

This has got to be the worst home record in our history?
This user liked this post: Quicknick

claretgimmer
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 693 times

Post by claretgimmer » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:43 pm

jlup1980 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm
As good as last season was (and it was amazing), this season has been the polar opposite and some! I can't recall a season as bad (given the level and the investment). The season was over before Christmas and we've got steadily worse as the season has progressed. There's just nothing to get excited about. Our games are over after 10-15 minutes most weeks and that alludes to a terminal issue. We're just a very poor team.

However I think the big issue many have, including myself, is next season. VK won't have the experienced heads and the togetherness he had in the Championship last season. We'll be a young team with no leadership or backbone. He will clearly have burned his bridges with important players this season and I genuinely don't see how he turns it around. Do you keep him and hope he turns it around or roll the dice and bring in a new voice for next season? That's the divide.
In a nutshell. well said
This user liked this post: jlup1980

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 pm

I will get to see the next 2 games live
Off to WHU next week and looking forward to chatting to fans from Burnley before the game
I don't anticipate any rows .

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11057 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:37 pm
This has got to be the worst home record in our history?
it's the most home games we've lost in our history apparently

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:54 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:48 pm
it's the most home games we've lost in our history apparently
Thought it must be even thinking back to other relegation seasons.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11057 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:56 pm

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:54 pm
Thought it must be even thinking back to other relegation seasons.
it's come as a surprise given we only lost 1 at home all last season.

ISpeds00
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by ISpeds00 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:56 pm

frustrating given the sucess last year - but the things some people shout or boo is beyond me

The Shire Claret
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by The Shire Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:22 pm

colne-claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:48 pm
This season has been that bad that I saw two sets of fans nearly coming to blows in Jimmy Mc upper today. Bloke in his sixties as well. Old enough to know better. We can all disagree with each other but christ why are people scrapping over it?!

And in ‘The Family Stand’

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:26 pm

Said it in another thread, fans shouldn't turn on each other unless it's at the fans who are quite literally only here for Kompany, or Pace, or a particular player. The club is bigger than a manager, a player, or indeed, an owner.

I don't agree with booing players. I don't agree with abuse directed towards our players. I don't agree with the extent of vitriol but I also don't agree with fans saying "Just keep quiet if you dont like it" or "Dont come if youre not happy" etc. I'm sick of "But the Orient Game" and "But the 4th tier". Just as much as I'm sick of pretending current success erases or equals winning the first division title- which I wasn't alive for. People say its a small club mentality to cling to past glories- it's much smaller club mentality to cling to lesser glories because they're more recent, and the most small club mentality of all to cling to past FAILURES as a reason to play "im the biggest fan". The Orient Game shouldn't be either a point of pride or any kind of measuring stick to rebuff criticism, it should be something we seek to never return to. What other club lauds their worst moments like that? If we're playing the "I'm a real fan and you're a glory hunter" game, why is it that the fans who go in for that also seem to want to insulate Alan Pace- the definition of a latecoming glory hunter who's only here for profit, sure he might develop an attachment but it's baffling to me how the Pace defenders and the "Okay, sod off, we don't need your criticism you glory hunter" groups seem to be a 1:1 overlap.

The fans and community are the most important part of a football club, theyre the ones there to pick things up if it all goes wrong and no matter what we might think of each other's opinions, views or judgments, unless it's crossing that line into abuse towards our own (whether players or fans) we should be pulling together. Not willing players to fail, not booing our own, and not belittling other fans or telling them to clear off if they're dissatisfied because you remember the 4th tier.

We don't have a good fanbase. I've said it before and got pelters for it, but we really don't. They're not cohesive, they don't make the Turf an intimidating place full of noise like some grounds, we've got a weird divide where some people are never happy without a boo boy to take potshots at, and others are never happy unless they're showing how big a fan they are by belittling anyone critical. Just like there was a huge swathe of fans who got so self conscious by the 'anti football' crap from the media that they turned against things then, just like some seem so desperate for media approval now that they point to managers saying nice things after smashing us 5-0 as progress. "No one likes us we don't care" should be replaced by "We hate ourselves but want everyone else to like us".
And I'm aware by saying this I'm taking a pop at the fans while saying we need to not do that, but I don't know how else you say it- we need to pull together rather than engaging in either superfan signalling or in unconstructive abuse. I honestly think there's been problems within our fanbase for a long time, ever since Coyle left save maybe 4-5 years under Dyche, this is just bringing it out in the open.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie getbennyon

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:28 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:56 pm
it's come as a surprise given we only lost 1 at home all last season.
We’ve certainly made Turf Moor hell this season.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:30 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:26 pm
Said it in another thread, fans shouldn't turn on each other unless it's at the fans who are quite literally only here for Kompany, or Pace, or a particular player. The club is bigger than a manager, a player, or indeed, an owner.

I don't agree with booing players. I don't agree with abuse directed towards our players. I don't agree with the extent of vitriol but I also don't agree with fans saying "Just keep quiet if you dont like it" or "Dont come if youre not happy" etc. I'm sick of "But the Orient Game" and "But the 4th tier". Just as much as I'm sick of pretending current success erases or equals winning the first division title- which I wasn't alive for. People say its a small club mentality to cling to past glories- it's much smaller club mentality to cling to lesser glories because they're more recent, and the most small club mentality of all to cling to past FAILURES as a reason to play "im the biggest fan". The Orient Game shouldn't be either a point of pride or any kind of measuring stick to rebuff criticism, it should be something we seek to never return to. What other club lauds their worst moments like that? If we're playing the "I'm a real fan and you're a glory hunter" game, why is it that the fans who go in for that also seem to want to insulate Alan Pace- the definition of a latecoming glory hunter who's only here for profit, sure he might develop an attachment but it's baffling to me how the Pace defenders and the "Okay, sod off, we don't need your criticism you glory hunter" groups seem to be a 1:1 overlap.

The fans and community are the most important part of a football club, theyre the ones there to pick things up if it all goes wrong and no matter what we might think of each other's opinions, views or judgments, unless it's crossing that line into abuse towards our own (whether players or fans) we should be pulling together. Not willing players to fail, not booing our own, and not belittling other fans or telling them to clear off if they're dissatisfied because you remember the 4th tier.

We don't have a good fanbase. I've said it before and got pelters for it, but we really don't. They're not cohesive, they don't make the Turf an intimidating place full of noise like some grounds, we've got a weird divide where some people are never happy without a boo boy to take potshots at, and others are never happy unless they're showing how big a fan they are by belittling anyone critical. Just like there was a huge swathe of fans who got so self conscious by the 'anti football' crap from the media that they turned against things then, just like some seem so desperate for media approval now that they point to managers saying nice things after smashing us 5-0 as progress. "No one likes us we don't care" should be replaced by "We hate ourselves but want everyone else to like us".
And I'm aware by saying this I'm taking a pop at the fans while saying we need to not do that, but I don't know how else you say it- we need to pull together rather than engaging in either superfan signalling or in unconstructive abuse. I honestly think there's been problems within our fanbase for a long time, ever since Coyle left save maybe 4-5 years under Dyche, this is just bringing it out in the open.
So like every other clubs fans then! Annoyed and falling out when things are going wrong and amazingly like last season when we were winning every week no issues.

The Shire Claret
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by The Shire Claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:34 pm

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:30 pm
So like every other clubs fans then! Annoyed and falling out when things are going wrong and amazingly like last season when we were winning every week no issues.
I find it quite sad as I did think our fans were a different breed ….

It seems not

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:37 pm

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:30 pm
There were issues last season. Still had people finding boo boys to target (Vitinho, Foster, Muric early doors) and who needed a reason to scapegoat anything and everything, still had people playing the superfan game shouting down anyone who had concerns about the finances, ownership structure transparency, handling of fan communication/issues, the Academy downgrade etc. Last season it was "You just need a reason to complain, we're winning", this season it's "You're kicking the club when it's down". Last season it was "so-and-so is *insert insult here*, they're holding us back theyre a disgrace" now it's "so and so is *insert insult here*, they're taking us backwards theyre a disgrace".
The issues have been there every season since Coyle. Something changed in the fanbase then, I honestly don't feel like we've ever matched the same consistent atmosphere, volume or sense of unity since he left, Dyche had people calling for his head if we'd go 3 games without a win in the Prem.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:42 pm

TheCatsWhiskers wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:55 pm
Fans turning on each other, booing our own goalkeeper,

Time for a a break from home matches for many I suspect.
Looked like a few thousand did today with all the empty seats

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:45 pm

Being a football fan was so much better before the internet 😄

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5087 times
Has Liked: 6902 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:52 am

At the final whistle I was annoyed by the amount of booing as my polite but dispirited clap was drowned out, however Trafford just bolted away from the stand,no attempt to at least acknowledge the fans.

Jjjack
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by Jjjack » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:55 am

Didn't help that steward 1298 was busy gabbing and watching the game rather than doing their job.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:06 am

bfcjg wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:52 am
At the final whistle I was annoyed by the amount of booing as my polite but dispirited clap was drowned out, however Trafford just bolted away from the stand,no attempt to at least acknowledge the fans.
Some of the absolute crap shouted from behind that goal, I don't think I'd acknowledge them either, although he did acknowledge those clapping him at the start of the 2nd half

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 am

I get it, would be better if we could just forfeit the remaining games. Hard to watch, the funny thing is you will probably see this team put wins together once we’re officially relegated.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:27 am

bfcjg wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:52 am
Not sure who you saw but he walked the length of the longside clapping the remaining fans. Muric walked off just in front of him to chants of his name from the CFS and clapped them briefly.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Post by Jamesy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:31 am

bumba wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:42 pm
Looked like a few thousand did today with all the empty seats
There weren’t that many empty seats. I said to my brother when I sat down that the lower tiers of the stands were fuller than I thought they would be.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:53 am

Jamesy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:31 am
There weren’t that many empty seats. I said to my brother when I sat down that the lower tiers of the stands were fuller than I thought they would be.
There were a few empty seats round us, I think westleighs was one :lol: but certainly not as many as I thought there would be

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:53 am

There were a few empty seats round us, I think westleighs was one :lol: but certainly not as many as I thought there would be
Ooh dear!

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2034 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:16 am

If i had a scrap with every burnley fan that shouted out some stupid opinion i would have some seriously bloody knuckles.
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 am

Jamesy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:31 am
It was the emptiest home sell out I have ever seen.

I can't really judge the Longside but there was 10 empty seats on my row and one in front. Jimmy Mac upper/lower had lots of empty seats, as did the Bob Lord.
I reckon around 15k turned up.

As I nipped down at the start of half-time, nobody was queuing at the bars. Not sure if it was because of it being Sunday or people have given up on it. That was longside upper and my mate said the same for the lower.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2318 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:37 am

5 in my close mates WhatsApp group didn't bother going on and watched at home which is disappointing, although I was half tempted, it was a nice day and what else was I going to do?

I'd have struggled to motivate myself if I had far to travel though.

The emotion football brings to some is mental, and I include myself at times. I do think Ive got better as Ive got older though, I honestly couldn't careless what other fans say or think about Burnley where as it eats away at some fans.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1075 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 am

"This season has been that bad that I saw two sets of fans nearly coming to blows in Jimmy Mc upper today"

"Theres 2 chaps who sit directly behind me every home game in the JHU - and some of the **** they come out with i'm surprised someones not chinned them"

And some people on this forum call the CFS 😂😂

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 am

As I nipped down at the start of half-time, nobody was queuing at the bars. Not sure if it was because of it being Sunday or people have given up on it. That was longside upper and my mate said the same for the lower.
Went down on the h/t whistle in CFS, there was not one person queuing at the bottle neck beer kiosk. Still a fair few around with pints in their hands though!

Jamesy

Post by Jamesy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:43 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:30 am
It was the emptiest home sell out I have ever seen.

I can't really judge the Longside but there was 10 empty seats on my row and one in front. Jimmy Mac upper/lower had lots of empty seats, as did the Bob Lord.
I reckon around 15k turned up.

There were more than 15k on yesterday. I know official attendance shows 19k + but I would say at least 17-18k were actually at the game.
I can only comment though on what I saw from my seat at kick off time.

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:53 am

Seemed quieter yesterday, I could actually get a phone signal.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7199 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:06 pm

jlup1980 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm

I think we'll do well to be in midtable next season. And obviously I mean in the Championship.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:13 pm

I don't know about turning on each other it might be more productive turning on the players & on another thread you have people applauding the players even after playing poorly & people actually wonder why things are in a mess.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:15 pm

There are lots of empty seats in the Longside Upper. Everyone was going through the motions yesterday.

I've not seen a season like it. It's depressing. How **** must Sheff Utd be if that's the only home game where we played well.?

I think the fans have been brilliant and very patient this season. If we were Everton, Newcastle, Chelsea, Palace... there would've been banners calling for Kompany weeks ago. I think I'd be happy if we just forfeited the season now so I can have my Saturdays back. Start again in the Championship in August with Kompany in charge rather than see him torn down like this in the Premier League every week.
These 2 users liked this post: Anonymous getbennyon

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:57 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:15 pm
There are lots of empty seats in the Longside Upper. Everyone was going through the motions yesterday.

I've not seen a season like it. It's depressing. How **** must Sheff Utd be if that's the only home game where we played well.?

I think the fans have been brilliant and very patient this season. If we were Everton, Newcastle, Chelsea, Palace... there would've been banners calling for Kompany weeks ago. I think I'd be happy if we just forfeited the season now so I can have my Saturdays back. Start again in the Championship in August with Kompany in charge rather than see him torn down like this in the Premier League every week.
I've posted on here and on social media that I didn't count Sheff Utd as a proper win as soon as it happened. We had two really tough games against them last season and you always knew what to expect from them. They're a hard working, well organised team.

The Sheff Utd that rocked up to the Turf earlier this season had an agenda. Namely, they wanted Heckingbottom gone. They were worse than atrocious. It wasn't a Burnley win, it was a Sheff Utd loss designed and played out to perfection by their players. Look back at the goals and the complete lack of effort from their defenders. Then compare that to last season. It was the same players.

We will go through the whole season without beating a proper team at home. How utterly depressing.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:01 pm

This season has been quite a disgrace in our vicinity. I’ve occupied my current seat for nearly two decades, and during this time, I’ve interacted with several people beyond the four others I attend with.

I’ve grown accustomed to the guy who openly shares his opinions with the referee and players. Likewise, there’s another person who despises a lacklustre atmosphere but remains silent when there’s excitement. Over time, I’ve learned to navigate the diversity of views and personalities, accepting that everyone expresses themselves differently.

At halftime, these individuals are perfectly reasonable, and we often find consensus on what’s been good or bad in a game. However, this year, a newcomer (seated for just two seasons, I believe) has caused quite a stir. They’ve criticised people from our groups, including those mentioned earlier. Their behaviour has been unprecedented—they’ve stormed out at halftime, challenged others to fights, and disrupted the camaraderie. Their views probably are valid but the way they have interacted with others around them hasn't been great.

Despite the challenges, I still wonder if it’s worth continuing to attend games. The true benefit lies in the atmosphere and the connections with fellow fans. It’s akin to this online board during tough times—some express their thoughts freely, while others choose to moderate their views or simply observe without contributing. Perhaps, like the game, it’s about finding a balance between passionate expression and respectful engagement

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:03 pm

jlup1980 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:57 pm
I've posted on here and on social media that I didn't count Sheff Utd as a proper win as soon as it happened. We had two really tough games against them last season and you always knew what to expect from them. They're a hard working, well organised team.

The Sheff Utd that rocked up to the Turf earlier this season had an agenda. Namely, they wanted Heckingbottom gone. They were worse than atrocious. It wasn't a Burnley win, it was a Sheff Utd loss designed and played out to perfection by their players. Look back at the goals and the complete lack of effort from their defenders. Then compare that to last season. It was the same players.

We will go through the whole season without beating a proper team at home. How utterly depressing.
You not counting it as a proper home win doesn’t alter the fact that it is a proper home win.
This user liked this post: jlup1980