Fan’s View (version 2)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Re: Fan’s View (version 2)

Post by Nonayforever » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:34 pm

Good article by Tony Livesey, as was the earlier article and I do tend to agree with him.

One thing he does mention is about VK learning. The grievance that I have against VK is the fact that we all knew before the season started that certain positions definitely needed strengthening, that wasn't a learning curve.
Parts of his management have been close to negligence.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68499259

Listen to Pep being interviewed and saying even he needed time when he arrived at Man. City after suffering defeats.
Maybe VK was just too successful too early and raised the expectations too much.

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 473 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:31 am

….or alternatively he is one of the worst managers ever to grace the PL. I see zero evidence of learning and precious little of the raw talent we are supposed to have recruited. I am all for balanced views but I just cannot see any positives….except Sheff U are marginally worse… for now

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:05 am

Culmclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:31 am
….or alternatively he is one of the worst managers ever to grace the PL. I see zero evidence of learning and precious little of the raw talent we are supposed to have recruited. I am all for balanced views but I just cannot see any positives….except Sheff U are marginally worse… for now
You don’t see the raw talent in Koleosho and Odobert?

Then you’re just being negative, stop with the ultra negative view and assess things objectively.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:05 am

Then you’re just being negative, stop with the ultra negative view and assess things objectively.
I think the emphasis is on raw but understandable at their age.
Koleosho looks an absolute bargain even if he was often a lot of sizzle without much steak - end product not always there but you'd expect that to come with time. However we have to hope he makes a full recovery from his injury, sadly never a guarantee.

Odobert I'm less sure on. He's got something about him but for me has gone backwards as the season has gone on, and his lack of workrate whether defensively or even at pressing or moving to receive possession is way below standard. He started off looking like he had a ton of raw potential but the more I see of him the less convinced I am he'll realise it, really needs to apply himself. But again he's young enough to learn, I just don't like us essentially offering up places to players who aren't ready yet, feels like turning our games into training sessions for the prospects.

We needed more like Berge, for this season. Fewer players total and more key quality to build a platform at this level.

Culmclaret

Post by Culmclaret » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:20 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:05 am

My objective assessment is that we are on course to get the second lowest points total in PL history

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:43 pm

It’s been an absolute disaster of a season which goes back to his opening night team selection and tactics. He has persisted with players who blatantly aren’t up to this level and hasn’t adapted tactically. His substitutes for example usually have zero effect on the game and I can’t think of a game where we’ve played well in both halves. Add to this the transfer strategy which missed the obvious holes in the team to replace Tella and Maatsen.

I hope he brings us back up but I’ve yet to see anything this season that makes me think we’d do any better under him next time. The other worry is how you pick these players up morale wise and gel them into an actual team.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:30 pm

Culmclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:20 pm
My objective assessment is that we are on course to get the second lowest points total in PL history
But you said you don’t see anything positive at this club or any talent in the team….

Culmclaret

Post by Culmclaret » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:10 pm

If the odd glimpse from one or two players constitutes an objective measure of talent then fine. Otherwise we’ll just have to disagree! And stop press: the Blades are no longer below us, so we are officially the bottom of the pile. I’ll really try to put a positive spin on that……….